Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-26, 18:29   Link #41
yuchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashez2ashes View Post
Well, Luffy and Ace could be just half brothers, that might explain the lack of 'Monkey' in Ace's name.

But holy crap, Oda's just laying TONS of info on us all at once. I wonder if that was the best option. I'd have preferred sprinkling info like this more evenly but that's just me.

Garp reminds me of Ichigo's dad from Bleach with the whole 'I beat you because I love you! attitude... lol
It's been 400 damn chapter and all we've gotten was questions upon questions. It's bout damn time we get answers. It's plenty more questions to be answered. And you're right, Garp does remind me of Isshin. And Gai from Naruto too. I love people like that!
Old 2006-10-26, 18:30   Link #42
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Shanks might be a rival to Mihawk "when he had both his arms", but now that he has only one, he is not even worth to play, according to Mihawk.

And, as a note, be careful not to tear anything while you laugh.
The fact remains, Shanks was able to match Mihawk shows how powerful he can be.
Old 2006-10-26, 19:55   Link #43
ashez2ashes

Send a message via AIM to ashez2ashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuchan View Post
It's been 400 damn chapter and all we've gotten was questions upon questions. It's bout damn time we get answers. It's plenty more questions to be answered. And you're right, Garp does remind me of Isshin. And Gai from Naruto too. I love people like that!
No, I don't mean we should have waited MORE time for the answers to our questions. I just meant I'd rather have learned Garp was lUffy's grandfather a hundred chapters ago, then learned that dragon was Luffy's dad maybe 50 chapters ago. Then maybe learned about Shanks now. That way we wouldn't have had a long stretch of time without getting new background info.
Old 2006-10-26, 20:48   Link #44
yuchan

^ Oh, i see. I fell that way too.
Old 2006-10-26, 22:01   Link #45
RogSqdLdr

This chapter just exemplifies one of the reasons I enjoy One Piece so much - Oda seems to already have the entire story mapped out in his head; he just reveals it piece by piece every chapter.

Things that are introduced waaaaaaaaay back in the storyline are brought back up and make perfect sense as information gets revealed.

Franky took the Strawhats money many chapters ago and is now going to buy his dream ship.

The world government was scared enough of Whitebeard and Shanks meeting up a long time ago, and we can understand why now as they're two out of the 4 of the greatest pirates in the latter half of grandline. If they unite then the balance of power between the marine headquarters, shichibukai, and and 4 emperors becomes askew.

Even Dragon's significance lives up to the mystery and expectations that people had when he was first introduced. The character didn't even do anything when he was introduced years ago, all he did was surprise Smoker by his appearance back in Loguetown. People were touting Dragon as one of the most powerful characters without seeing any combat abilities. And it turns out that is close to the truth as he's the most wanted man by the world government.

Anyways props to Oda for doing such an amazing job with this manga. I never get the feeling that he makes the storyline up as he goes - unlike some other shounen mangas.
Old 2006-10-26, 22:17   Link #46
RogSqdLdr

I speculated about other marines being able to use some of the 6 form techniques 2 months ago - and it's true now that we've seen Coby use soru.

Anyways when you consider a lower ranked marine like Coby knowing one of the six forms, the idea of a guy like Aokiji knowing some of the six forms doesn't seem that improbable.

The though of Aokiji knowing some of them almost sends chills down my spine. I'm not saying he would bother needing to use kamie or tekkai when he can just crumble into pieces of ice and then reassemble himself. But if you add soru and geppou to his arsenal of offensive weapons he becomes ridiculously overpowered.
Old 2006-10-26, 22:30   Link #47
yuchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogSqdLdr View Post
Anyways props to Oda for doing such an amazing job with this manga. I never get the feeling that he makes the storyline up as he goes - unlike some other shounen mangas.
AMEN! Though i like Naruto and Bleach better, Oda does seem like he knows what the hell he's doing with his story at all times. Kubo Tite isn't bad himself, but lately he seems to be giving a lotta fanservice. And i won't even start on Naruto.
Old 2006-10-27, 00:31   Link #48
chitgoks

yuchan if you read the latest of naruto's manga, you can see it's going nowhere. akatsuki's goal? lame... common.. corny.. though this is off topic hehehe, oen piece is the best.. you dont see trainings. naruto'sshowing a lot of trainings which is wasting our time..

one piece is vast, the arc tells you the story right away.. not going through and showing mushy training..
Old 2006-10-27, 00:37   Link #49
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

And Bleach focused too much on "instant guilty pleasures" until the whole plot became a mess. It may win new audiences by getting attention, but in the long run, it does nothing but get yourself in a big trouble.
Similar cases, Tenjo Tenge and Bastard! comes to mind.
Anyways, it's off-topic.

Last edited by aohige; 2006-10-27 at 03:35.
Old 2006-10-27, 01:28   Link #50
kvnphm1

They mention the 3 great power but why wasn't the revolutionaries included? It seem they have enough power to take on the WG.
Old 2006-10-27, 02:03   Link #51
chitgoks

garp really is like luffy.. this was the best non-fighting chapter ive read in one piece.
while talking they both fall asleep. and when he wanted that wall fixed.. hilarious..
Old 2006-10-27, 04:59   Link #52
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
Quote:
They mention the 3 great power but why wasn't the revolutionaries included? It seem they have enough power to take on the WG.
because the three powers balance keep the world in peace, marines and shichibukai keep the 4 great pirates busy fighting preventing them from gaining more power, while destroying other pirates how tries to pass to the other half or taking him in.
also the 4 great pirates are trying to get one piece or treasure or whatever, and they don't fight the WG or trying to over through it ..

but the Revolutionaries are already trying to destroy the WG and have the power to do that... so they don't actually belong to balance because they are not wanted in the world and they should al be killed in order to have a peace ..

now what luffy's did in Eneis Lobby is exactly the same thing as Revolutionaries, even thought he is a pirate he attacked the WG (whatever reason it doesn't matter) so he is more dangerous than ordinary pirates and him becoming a pirate king or one of the 4 great pirates ... going to throw the world in chaos ... (at least that what i think the old man in WG thinks)

now for Revolutionaries, i think they have marines officers and pirates on thier ranks, even shichibukai and the 4 great pirates could be part of them .. or they wouldn't have enough power to over throw the WG.

also i believe that theirs people in the marines that knows about the relationship between Garp, luffy and dragon. because of luffy age his father should be over 40, the same/around age as ao kiji and since garp was the one trained Ao kiji and garp don't know how to keep his mouth shut, i think Ao kiji knows about the relationship between Ao kiji and Garp.
Old 2006-10-27, 06:31   Link #53
RonaldC

Monkey D. Dragon = BIG WTF!
Old 2006-10-27, 09:30   Link #54
kvnphm1

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue View Post
also i believe that theirs people in the marines that knows about the relationship between Garp, luffy and dragon. because of luffy age his father should be over 40, the same/around age as ao kiji and since garp was the one trained Ao kiji and garp don't know how to keep his mouth shut, i think Ao kiji knows about the relationship between Ao kiji and Garp.
What episode did they mention Garp train aokiji?

And i sure hope ao kiji know about the relationship considering he is in the relationship to begin with or did you mean luffy and Garp =p
Old 2006-10-27, 09:40   Link #55
airsBlue

Quote:
What episode did they mention Garp train aokiji?
it was when luffy's fought ao kiji, he said something about luffy's grandpa taking care of him ... well i always though that luffy's grandpa was criminal who got cought by Ao kiji because luffy was angry .. anyway it seems it was miss translation unless he meant the other grandpa ...
it also was mentioned in the last chapter discussion ...
Old 2006-10-27, 09:48   Link #56
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Grandpa's a legendary marine who's famed for cornering the legendary Gol D. Roger in his hey-days.

Father's the World Government's most wanted, most well-known, and most fear-inducing non-pirate criminal revolutionist.

Son's a wannabe Pirate King, who's just signed his one-way-ticket to bad fame after toppling Enies Lobby and surviving a Buster Call.

I bet Garp doesn't know if he should feel a revolting feeling of being proud that his son and grandson are both achieving figures as well, or a sense of shame that his son and grandson's talents are utilized the wrong way.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2006-10-27, 12:08   Link #57
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue View Post
it was when luffy's fought ao kiji, he said something about luffy's grandpa taking care of him ...
He didn't say that. He said he owed Luffy's grandfather a favor.
Old 2006-10-27, 12:33   Link #58
marvelB

Heh, I never noticed it before, but after seeing Helmeppo again, I see that both him and Eneru have similar eyes (at least Helmeppo doesn't have the goofy afro...).

Oh, and Coby's supposed to be the same rank as Tashigi, according to some translations I read. At the rate he's going, he'll probably be a captain in no time....
Old 2006-10-27, 15:22   Link #59
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Me = Oda-sensei
Old 2006-10-27, 16:50   Link #60
airsBlue

actually there is also 2 interesting points in this chapter ...

1) Garp trained luffy's and Ace so they would be marines officer, and then he send them to his friend .. i think that friend is the mayor of luffy's village, but the strange thing garp said that luffy got his mind infected by Shanks ..
and luffy said that he always wanted to be pirate ...
but luffy meet shanks after his garp send him to his friend, so luffy always wanted to be pirate even before he meet shanks but after he meet shanks he wanted to be the pirate king ...

2) Coby rank should be around the same rank as Tashigi and many other marines... but non of them knows how to use soru or any other attacks (even in captains rank) don't u think it is strange, the only difference is that Garp is the one how trained him.
Closed Thread