AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-05, 03:49   Link #101
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

with souseisekiin the picture it looks much better than originally. you could also switch the places of the picture and the animsukiforum words, but it might not work like that.
Old 2006-11-05, 04:17   Link #102
SweetHoney
~Nanchatte Renai
*Scanlator

@KiNa hmm maybe a tiny bit more snow around the photo either way looks good

*sigh* Don't worry NSW I won't enter the comp I didn't know that happened to the graident so I won't enter the yuki one then so I withdraw

Also I like yours Riker thought Yukis mouth looks kinda pinkish too much :/ maybe try to fix it?
Old 2006-11-05, 04:18   Link #103
durrem
[megaplay] *sparkles*

All of these banners need more Taiyaki!
Old 2006-11-05, 04:21   Link #104
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

@Daniel E. : the font style is a bit... well, i don't feel it fits with the girls :s.
that's the only thing i would say, the rest shouldn't be changed ^^

@Tsukuyomi : aside the moon issue, the simplicity of the banner makes it slightly empty. you can probably reduce the snow transparency, and add some flakes around the text (if so, changing the text font)

@potatochobit : funny banner ^^. what about a snowy floor? (it would reinforce the snow impression). maybe it's the lack of flakes, but i feel the banner a bit empty, especially the right side. (probably i'm too focalised on the snowman )

@Sora ichida : good picture choice. the font has a nice aspect of "carving in the ice", but it's a bit... too obvious for its futurist side :s
nothing to add, just like for daniel.

@Riker : there is some issue : yuki isn't really cut properly. as a side effect, the edges of both center picture and BG are a bit awkward (the glow/blur doesn't really help with it). of it can't be helped because of the "flare" effect on the original picture, try some blending / several layers
also, yuki outer glow is a bit too strong.
so, no noobish at all, you don't have a lot too change too ^^

@kensuke :
1) the fonts is really ruining a bit the mood (for me anyway >_>). the colour of the text could be less dark, but meh XD
2) like Kina said, the text position is a bit weird...

@Kira_Naruto : suiseiseki cloth could be a little brighter (really really optionnal)
some flakes between suiseiseki and souseiseki would be nice to fill a bit (like 1-3 flakes, nothing more)
the right side shouldn't be changed.
like i said for maxon, in your case too, the capital S is splitting a bit obviously the word... now, i dunno if you did it on purpose, but the "suki" is slightly below of the "anime" (or maybe it's an impression from the S ?)

there is nothing big to change. However, the quality of your banners is a bit off, some parts of the issue is noticable (suiseiseki hair, gradiant around souseiseki photo).

@NoSanninWa : yup, of course ^^. i was saying "animesuki" only to say what i meant. the capital S gives some issue for certain fonts and style, but well, i hope i will find something to put the words in their correct text formatting

Last edited by Klashikari; 2006-11-05 at 04:36.
Old 2006-11-05, 04:53   Link #105
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

ill see if i can find some back ground snow.
i think ill go to bed, im stuck on the next one also. any advice on what you want to
see in it?
are the words legible and easy to read? do i have to have the word forums in the banner?

Old 2006-11-05, 04:54   Link #106
Secca
nya`
*Artist

!!!!!!! I love that idea. ^_^;;;;

Yes text has to have animesuki forums. I hope NSW let that text pass.
Old 2006-11-05, 05:14   Link #107
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
potatochobit ~ that is really quite unique love the idea! only thing thats wrong is that it looks too plain...add christmas effects!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-05, 05:28   Link #108
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Yeah very Christmas. ^_^ Need ornaments or something.
Old 2006-11-05, 05:56   Link #109
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
talking about christams...where are the christmas trees!? i think ill have to put that in my last banner...
but now heres my second

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-05, 07:41   Link #110
jedinat

Without going over the edge...

Old 2006-11-05, 08:05   Link #111
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

final version for my first submission (I hope) >.<

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-11-05, 10:12   Link #112
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Oh! Oh! Oh!

... I'll be back. Keep the banners coming!
Old 2006-11-05, 10:37   Link #113
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Deathkillz, that second one is pretty good. I might even nominate it in the next round, like Klashikari's work
Old 2006-11-05, 10:44   Link #114
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
That's my first banner ever (I finally got around to learning a bit about Photoshop's use...), so some criticism would be very welcome. Of course being my first work I'm not too happy with it, so it'd be nice to hear what could be corrected or made better.

I'm not really sure if the winter theme is shown enough here? There's snow, and um they're wearing winter clothes, and yea...
This is nice for a first time ^^

Too bad you don't have the entire guy's face, I mean not cut off (on the right).
Hmm...maybe you can work on the fonts a bit more, like playing with the blending options, and place the words differently

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurochiisaineko View Post
Here is my first entry. Please tell me what you think?

Very pretty! ^^ I'd suggest you to increase the luminosity and contrast a bit on Tohru and it will be perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHoney View Post
Umm well this is my first time EVER entering a banner comp. I know it's bad T-T so please no yelling at me

*hides under a desk somewhere*
That's not so bad, just try not to use too much brushes in the background, or it will look like a mess ^^;
I'd also suggest you to increase the font's size (same thing goes for your 2nd banner as well). Plus, you can outerglow Yuki's pic so it blends better with the background

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls View Post

Still trying to work in another element.
This one should be nice if you reduce the font's size a little (lol, I often tell people to increase the size, but that's not the case here xD ) and change the blending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls

Background needs a bit more brushing, toning & blending. She needs more Vitamin D.
Actually, I like this one, especially the sparkly effect of the fonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca View Post

Here goes. ^__^
Simple and nice Secca! ^^
I'd just suggest you to work a little more on the font's blending

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
My second entry.

I am sooo gonna make changes on this one.

It certainly needs more stuff in the background and maybe another font as well (god, I hate fonts )
Good one!
Here's my little suggestion: try to focus on one of the girl only (two girls is ok, but only if the pics sizes are the same (I hope you understand what I mean ^^;; )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
Because I promised Catgirls to make a banner for this contest. Since we aren't allowed to use animation (which is what I'm good at), please pardon my noobish attempt at a static one. :x

That's rather nice
Me and my suggestions again xD: try to put something else for the background ( I mean something different than the front pic )

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixfire92983 View Post
Here is my first entry Lemme know if anything should be changed.

You should change the placement of the words

Potatochobit: lol Great! And you should use all the space you have

Deathkillz: Nice ^^ Try to make the font more readable though and blend the white edges more with the template

jedinat & KiNa: Increase the luminosity and contrast of your pics, it will look much nicer

Did I miss someone? O_o;

~~~

Well, here's my 1st try

Nii-sama needs love, he's cold

Come on girls! Bring some bishonen! xD
Old 2006-11-05, 10:50   Link #115
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke View Post
Okay, my first two attempts.

Aaargh! You beat me to it! I was thinking of using elements from this episode of Ai Yori Aoshi! Oh, well. I'm not sure I would've used that scene, but I just need to rewatch that episode to get my ideas down. Nice banner, btw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
final version for my first submission (I hope) >.<

Suiseiseki and Souseiseki are not matching brightness-wise. The easiest one to fix would be to darken Souseiski, but I'm thinking that Suiseiseki would look better a litter brighter.
I'm also wondering if the font is too "formal" for this banner...

Old 2006-11-05, 12:05   Link #116
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
@Daniel E. : the font style is a bit... well, i don't feel it fits with the girls :s.
that's the only thing i would say, the rest shouldn't be changed ^^
Yes, the font will be changed for sure.

Though, I am actually deciding for some extra things in the background right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellychan
Good one!
Here's my little suggestion: try to focus on one of the girl only (two girls is ok, but only if the pics sizes are the same (I hope you understand what I mean ^^;; )
The girl on the right looks bigger because she is closer to the "camera"; I tried the same effect with the trees on the background as well. It does lacks balance, so I'll work on that right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellychan View Post
Well, here's my 1st try

My favorite so far.

Never though I'll vote for a banner with a guy in it, but I might do it this time around.
Old 2006-11-05, 12:46   Link #117
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Thanks for the comments, SweetHoney, Klashikari and Hellychan!
Klashikari got me, I suck at extracting stocks. ;__;
For version 2, I toned down the glow and changed the bg.

Hopefully it's an improvement. :x

p.s.
Great looking banner, Hellychan. (^_^) b
Old 2006-11-05, 12:59   Link #118
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Did I miss someone? O_o;
humm... plenty i guess, but well, this is already fine with the huge amount of feedback you did

Quote:

err... really stunning banner. oO
there is something wrong though, don't take it too seriously in case (my opinion is really not a standart XD) : it doesn't really feel "winter" to me. true, the banner has a huge impact of "ice" "cold" and a nice "kool factor" but... there isn't any feeling like this. (indeed, winter is not resumed with "sweetness" etc)

of course, this suit pretty well the season and contest, but i believe it lacks something really small and subtle. with it, it would simply owns hard... (sounds like my vocabulary is to restrained here... and it would be awkward to comment it in french XD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
Thanks for the comments, SweetHoney, Klashikari and Hellychan!
Klashikari got me, I suck at extracting stocks. ;__;
For version 2, I toned down the glow and changed the bg.

Hopefully it's an improvement. :x

hey this is nothing ^^.
let's see : pretty good improvement, the radiance around yuki is pretty fine and well blended.
however, this is probably nitpicking, but her right hand at the left (especially the finger) is suffering of too much flare.
i understand that the issue comes from the original picture (lots of brightness in SHNY OP ~~), so, i don't really have a solution for this :s (changing the yuki blending would be a bit too cheap and won't probably solve the problem completely.)

that aside, the BG shouldn't be changed, it perfectly fine.
Old 2006-11-05, 13:37   Link #119
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Wow great job everyone.. with NoSanninWa keeping us busy with banner contests I can see we're obviously getting better at it lol.

Well, here's my first attempt.

Old 2006-11-05, 13:39   Link #120
wao
OK.

Quote:

Don't worry, I shall attempt to make the girls:guys picture ratio for this banner competition a little less drastic...

...Although the only banner I've done so far has a girl in it *sigh*

(P.S. you missed my banner, but it's okay, I think I will have to touch it up some more so it's not final anyway)

Yeah anyway, I'm thinking of putting two certain characters from a certainseriesIamveryobsessedwithnow, and if I have time I might throw in a Ginko banner because there are SO MANY LOVELY IMAGES OF GINKO IN WINTER IN THE ANIME, IT WOULD BE A SHAME IF THEY WEREN'T USED
(COUGH)

Another blatant hint: I would most certainly vote for a reasonably well-made Ginko banner, all the way till the end...

Tags
banner contest, contest