Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-01-19, 04:26   Link #21
darkwave
Manual Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh1ka9on
man, no offense, but "wtf" are you ramblin' about?
LOL, i knew i was going to get this reaction. Thank You, by the way.

Yes, I over did the whole Hentai and Ero thing.......

Sorry...
darkwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 04:43   Link #22
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

lol i cant believe an H/ero anime made it onto the animesuki main dl list. Mistakes do happen I guess.
Old 2004-01-19, 06:27   Link #23
Weissent
on and off member

Wink Japanese language veeeery difficult

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
[...] I stress the word "ero" because here in Japan, no one uses the term "hentai" or "ecchi" as an adjective to describe mangas, animes, games, and pictures anymore.
Ok, question: what does the term "ero-ero" mean then? I remember I heard it once or twice in Azumanga Daioh during one of the summer-house episodes, when Tomo asks the teachers to talk about the 'real' stuff and give away some private details. Is 'ero-ero' just on a higher level compared to 'ero', the superlative of 'ero' ('super-ero' y'know), so to say? Or is it just another word for doing the two-backed-beast?

Not that it really matters, just out of pure interest ...
Weissent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 06:48   Link #24
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weissent
Ok, question: what does the term "ero-ero" mean then? I remember I heard it once or twice in Azumanga Daioh during one of the summer-house episodes, when Tomo asks the teachers to talk about the 'real' stuff and give away some private details. Is 'ero-ero' just on a higher level compared to 'ero', the superlative of 'ero' ('super-ero' y'know), so to say? Or is it just another word for doing the two-backed-beast?

Not that it really matters, just out of pure interest ...
I was told by KJ that ero was for short erotic.
Old 2004-01-19, 06:58   Link #25
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
ok ppl its kinda like this

Hentai = PERVERT, although HEN = wierd/strange
ecchi = horny
EROI=also horny LOL but ppl use it also as ERO

WORLDWIDE ERO = Erotic.....i dont care where you from you all know this world

KJ, stop your NON-JAPANESE thing dont look down at us, ERO is used everywhere not just japan got it?

And yeah i like to use the word HENTAI cuss its some perverted Ecchi (horny ) things, but FUNNY! So stop this nonsense and go watch GREEN GREEN
Loki_Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 07:00   Link #26
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
LOL im watching ep 1 and at the start of the tittle, it said

futari eccHi...... H in yellow letter, and above H in yello leter, which = HENTAI
Loki_Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 10:02   Link #27
cf18
Mecha Pilot

No I find the manga to be more perverted.

And kj please forget about this Hentai & Ecchi v.s. Ero crusade. "Ero" came from English, hence make it uncool. "Hentai" and "Ecchi" came from Japanese, something the older folks don't know, hence make it cool. That is probably the reason that make "Ero" more cool in Japan.
cf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 10:26   Link #28
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Sorry, but we at AnimeSuki have decided that it is too ecchi to list on our site or post links to it. On the other hand, this thread tells you what group subbed it so you shouldn't have to ask the question.

Warning: This show is a lot more ecchi than the Futari H manga was.
You're not linking to it anymore?
That's too bad.

I felt the manga was more ecchi than the anime version, not the other way around.

--

About the ERO Vs. HENTAI discussion:

I think non-japanese people like to use 'ecchi' and 'hentai' because those terms sound more japanese to them than 'ero'.
Not to mention I've heard 'ecchi' and 'hentai' being said in anime a lot more than 'ero'.

This is probably partially due to the fact the rest of the world is somewhat behind japan in anime.

I 've heard 'ero' being used too though, for example in Naruto when Naruto calls Jiraiya 'ero-sennin'.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 11:42   Link #29
vio5555

I like the word Hentai, it has a more risque feel to the tongue and so I will continue to say Hentai
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 12:14   Link #30
chImp

So what's this Hanbu and Hone website? ;x
chImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 13:13   Link #31
Esperchld
Photographer

cf 18, since when did ero come from English. the greek eros (the god of love, son of Aphredite), and is also used there in to describe sexual love. It is also used as a prefix in that language as well, which is where we stole it. There are almost no words in the English language that come from itself, it is, for the most part, a language of stolen words.

Hanbu and Hone have no site as far as I know.
Esperchld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 13:23   Link #32
warnold
nerfelwap

Hanbu and HonE's releases are at gotwoot.

-
-billy-
warnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 13:25   Link #33
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666
You're not linking to it anymore?
That's too bad.

I felt the manga was more ecchi than the anime version, not the other way around.

--

About the ERO Vs. HENTAI discussion:

I think non-japanese people like to use 'ecchi' and 'hentai' because those terms sound more japanese to them than 'ero'.
Not to mention I've heard 'ecchi' and 'hentai' being said in anime a lot more than 'ero'.

This is probably partially due to the fact the rest of the world is somewhat behind japan in anime.

I 've heard 'ero' being used too though, for example in Naruto when Naruto calls Jiraiya 'ero-sennin'.
The usage of the word "ecchi" and "hentai" to describe a person's actions (i.e. a guy peeping into a girl's changeroom "baka~! hentai~!") and for the action verb blatantly meaning "to have sex" (na-na-, imakara sokono rabuho ni haittesa-, ecchidemo shiyouze~!).

I was referring to the usage of "ecchi" and "hentai" as an adjective to define a certain type of anime, manga, and game genre.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 13:27   Link #34
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf18
No I find the manga to be more perverted.

And kj please forget about this Hentai & Ecchi v.s. Ero crusade. "Ero" came from English, hence make it uncool. "Hentai" and "Ecchi" came from Japanese, something the older folks don't know, hence make it cool. That is probably the reason that make "Ero" more cool in Japan.
So does the term "anime."

Please enlighten me (seriously, since I have a hard time understanding English preference of Japanized English terms from a Japanese-person's standpoint) on how one way:

A. "Anime" (shortened Japanized-English for the word "animation")

is different from preference of:

B. "Ero" (shortened Japanized-English for the word "erotic")
Old 2004-01-19, 14:14   Link #35
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki_Sama
ok ppl its kinda like this

Hentai = PERVERT, although HEN = wierd/strange
ecchi = horny
EROI=also horny LOL but ppl use it also as ERO

WORLDWIDE ERO = Erotic.....i dont care where you from you all know this world

KJ, stop your NON-JAPANESE thing dont look down at us, ERO is used everywhere not just japan got it?

And yeah i like to use the word HENTAI cuss its some perverted Ecchi (horny ) things, but FUNNY! So stop this nonsense and go watch GREEN GREEN
Okay, let me get this straight. you don't want me to use the word "gaijin" because it sounds like "looking down on them." I accepted that.

Then you didn't want me to use the word "foreigners" because it sounds like "looking down on them." I accepted that as well.

Hence, I have been using the word "non-Japanese." But you don't want me to use that term either because it sounds like "looking down on them."

You don't want me doing that either. Please tell me then, what word shall I use that maybe feasible for me to write down when i explain stuff from a Japanese person's standpoint?

I take it that you are part hispanic. Let's say you want to explain the greatness of Latin American TV, Drama and movies. And let's say you are on an non-Latin American BBS board trying to explain the greatness of Director Robert Rodriquez's Mexican film "El Mariachi," influencing the Hollywood remake of "Desperado" starring Antonio Banderas. And let's say you are trying to tell people on that board (who are mostly non-Latinos who only watched Hollywood's "Desperado") about the original "El Mariachi." How would you try to explain to these people about "El Mariachi" in a long statement without using the term "non-latinos" or "non-Hispanics" or "non-Spanish speaking audience?" If you are going to explain something that is specific to certain region to someone not from that region, of course you are going to have to compare and differentiate by regional basis. It's like an American soldier going to Iraq and trying to "educate" the Iraqi council that "in America, we have civil rule and democracy...." Can all these be taken as being "looked down upon." From what I have been taken, most likely yes. But rest assurred, we all do that with no intention of doing such a thing.

From your standpoint, it may seem like I am "looking down upon you," from my view, I am giving you up-to-date Japanese info.

From a non-Hispanic standpoint, it may seem like they are being "looked down upon" by someone in a Latin American country, whereas he is just trying to giving them info on a Mexican director who should be highly recognized for influencing Hollywood movies.

From an Iraqi standpoint, they feel they are being subjugated by American presence, whereas the Americans are most likely just trying to give the Iraqis a chance to "succeed via democracy."

So, if you give me a nice, more gentle way that I should write, please tell me as I will compromise. However, in such differences of culture and language between Japanese and English, the simplest way to compare the two is to contrast as well.

P.S.: for some reason, I didn't like the anime version of GuriGuri. It had a whole different feel to it compared to the original PC game....it's quite hard to describe...the story was very similar, the setting was similar...hmm...

Last edited by kj1980; 2004-01-19 at 14:28.
Old 2004-01-19, 14:14   Link #36
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
So does the term "anime."

Please enlighten me (seriously, since I have a hard time understanding English preference of Japanized English terms from a Japanese-person's standpoint) on how one way:

A. "Anime" (shortened Japanized-English for the word "animation")

is different from preference of:

B. "Ero" (shortened Japanized-English for the word "erotic")
I don't think there is any real logic to it. Maybe because 'anime' is more different from 'animation' than 'ero' is from 'erotic'. Or perhaps because 'animation' doesn't have such a negative feeling connected to to it as 'erotic' has for a lot of people.

I know I personally much prefer 'hentai/ecchi' to 'ero', purely based on the exotic-coolness-factor.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 14:27   Link #37
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666
I don't think there is any real logic to it. Maybe because 'anime' is more different from 'animation' than 'ero' is from 'erotic'. Or perhaps because 'animation' doesn't have such a negative feeling connected to to it as 'erotic' has for a lot of people.

I know I personally much prefer 'hentai/ecchi' to 'ero', purely based on the exotic-coolness-factor.
hmm...for some reason, that explains a lot.

Perhaps that maybe the reason why I see a lot of people using terms like "He/she is such a baka" are used commonly (at least on this board...do many people use this?) by many when a simpler term "He/she is such an idiot" is available.

But I take it that as we begin to see more and more ero-game to anime transfers, in a few years, many outside of Japan will start saying the term "ero" for the "exotic-coolness-factor" that that is the word used in Japan to describe such anime, manga, and games.
Old 2004-01-19, 14:36   Link #38
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

kj1980: I really hope you go off on Japanese people who misuse English words or misrepresent American culture on Japanese forums like you do on this one.
LordBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 15:00   Link #39
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

I bet bukkake is more popular than the word hentai in english . People like to make distinctions on how ecchi or hentai something is, it basically falls into 3 categories for me. Explicit sex goes into the hentai box, big boobs and panties into the ecchi box and the rest is anime.
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 15:30   Link #40
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBrian
kj1980: I really hope you go off on Japanese people who misuse English words or misrepresent American culture on Japanese forums like you do on this one.
Hoping would not do. Kj speaks/reads/writes/understands English very well. So he is capable of defending his stand points on Japasese Culture in a forum where the English language is the medium of communication. Kj shouldn't be the only one defending American culture in a Japanese forum. If any American feels the necessity to do so, then one should just learn Japanese very well and start making their own points in a Japanese forum; just like kj's contribution to this English-speaking forum. Intended feelings and emotions will come out right according to the thoughts of the speakers who may feel that American culture may be misrepresented.

One other misconception of the language English is that America is the only country in the world that uses English language as a primary medium of communication or atleast that is the impression (unintentionally I guess) some of the post around the forum hints to. There are words in English that have different meaning among the english speaking countries and even different spelling for the same words in English.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi