Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-08, 22:59   Link #81
Rageaholic01
Kaizoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Well as for Crocus, latest chapters of the manga provide juts a tiny bit more support to the possibility...
Spoiler:

and speaking of the latest chapter...
Spoiler for manga:

1,2) they Don't really need an eternal pose for the exit of reverse mountain... their are two ways for the marines to get there... starting from one of the four other oceans they can use reverse mountain to get to the exit of the moutain... and second
[SPOILER]for larger ships, they can just use their method for crossing over the calm belt and just follow the along the shore of the redline[SPOILER]
They could get all the materials they need to build a base there

not to mention that neither of those reason escuse them from building a base at each entrance of the mountain...

3) It's not at all useless, serious bases at reverse mountain could have stopped what would become some very dangerous pirates... unless they are born in the grandline, all of the strongest pirates came one of the 4 seas and entered through reverse mountain... Shanks for one might not be one of the strongest pirates around if there was a strong enough base to stop him at reverse mountain, surely it would have been much easier to take down shanks back when he first took his crew into the grandline than it is now... And Luffy is another great example... Luffy is rising to become a serious powerhouse pirate, and may soon be one of the strongest... but a serious marine defence around reverse mountain could have definatly put an end to the strawhats adventures early on... a Marine defence around reverse mountain would probably do wonders to stopping future great pirates...

I also don't understand you last point... Building bases at reverse mountain wouldn't slow down the fight agianst the the biggest pirates... the marines do have quite a bit of resourses to use...
really?! what amazing spoilers!
seriously thats so cool
Old 2006-11-09, 04:32   Link #82
matsuno

screw you all, I ain't using spoiler tags cause I felt like talkinga bout the newest chapter alot and to prove my victory. so

GIANT SPOILER ALERT AHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsuno View Post
As to the question of Roger's former crew, I think we need to identify who's crew Shanks and Buggy were part of when they were growing up. To become some of the main characters in this series, they cannot have simply been under some bum. And the the fact they know the Legendary White Beard is something else to speak of in itself.
HAHA, YA BABY, kiss the king of speculation, little over 3 weeks ago (though it was a long time speculation of mine).

I win and you all need to love me for it.

BTW, following up on my reasonging to SlayerX, the reason I say that they might have moderate Bases near each of the entrances is to clean up some of the trash. As we saw and heard from Smoker that since he was there, no Pirates (save for the time with Luffy) Have been able to infiltrate and leave Loguetown afterwards.

So what this means is that there is a thinning of useless Pirates, simply. Another couple notes on this, is that it's stated that simply surviving on the Grand Line is a test in and of itself (so many probly die at sea on the GL just for not being prepared, and coupled with no stop just before could turn overly a deadly case to any crew). Toss in that the Shichibukai stay on the first half of the GL for the most part, they also are a help in eliminating the annoyances.

The Baroque Qorks too chose to prey on the weak by having their bounty Hunter headquarters so near to the entrance of the GL at Whisky Peak.

Throw all this together, and you have a good chance for some WG presence, but not so much as to need to have too many troups all congregated at a more so insignificant point for them to deal with (if there are troups in the GL, they want them located close to HQ, in case of any happenstance, or sailing within the GL, as we are made to believe the most part of the armade fleet exists there.

The theory I have for this is because we are told of Garp's teaching methods, and that Luffy has no idea of his position in the Marines. That leads to the belief that he was not with crew back then. But for a VA to not be accompanied by his crew would mean he likely wasent with his ship at all. and Furthermore, we are lead to believe that the use of Seastone is a new discovery, so before this technique was used, the ship's that were in the Grand Line were constructed there (ala Water 7) and stayed there, unless mass exiting across the calm belt (as per the Ohara incident).

Last edited by matsuno; 2006-11-09 at 04:45.
Old 2006-11-09, 13:45   Link #83
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
They cant have any bases at the entrances reverse mountain, the reason why they call it the red line is you cannot approach any other part of reverse mountain except the four entrances without crashing. If you look back at chapter 101, its pretty much a massive cliff/cayon setting and as far as i know: you cannot stop without dying on the way up the mountain. Anyways its not like reverse mountain is a very commonly used entrance anyways, all of the weaker pirates at the time fear the grandline.
Old 2006-11-09, 16:21   Link #84
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lst2touchdasky View Post
They cant have any bases at the entrances reverse mountain, the reason why they call it the red line is you cannot approach any other part of reverse mountain except the four entrances without crashing. If you look back at chapter 101, its pretty much a massive cliff/cayon setting and as far as i know: you cannot stop without dying on the way up the mountain. Anyways its not like reverse mountain is a very commonly used entrance anyways, all of the weaker pirates at the time fear the grandline.
Speaking of which do you think maybe Hawkeye traveled on that little dingy through reverse mountain?
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2006-11-09, 16:54   Link #85
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
yeah he can travel through reverse mountain but it think he traveled:
1- through calm belt .. with his power he wouldn't faer the sea kings.
2- most likely the same route don kreg take to get in/out of grandline, i don't think Don Kreg traveled through the reverse mountain.
Old 2006-11-09, 18:43   Link #86
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Spoiler for news from 451:
Old 2006-11-09, 23:35   Link #87
rahmuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_C_L-1 View Post
uhm, roger is DEAD
Are you sure that Roger is dead?

Assume that Roger is VERY powerful.
Assume that he chooses his crew members well.
Assume that there were no other pirates who were a match for him and his crew.

Then how did he get captured? Maybe the real Roger wanted to live life free from others chasing him after he found his "treasure", "Onepiece". So maybe he got someone else to take the fall for him and he's still out there, on Raftel, waiting for someone to come find him, and find onepiece.
Old 2006-11-10, 00:19   Link #88
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
yeah .. he is a dead unless he have a clone DF ability and that will mean that hisclone got excuated while roger are waiting in Raftel for something to happen .. but i doubt that ..
Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-10, 00:41   Link #89
matsuno

Theres still the question to if Roger had a DF power, and if so was it a Logia or one of the other lower types (such as Luffy's parasite type).

Why this is imporatant, is that while being a logia user is certainly many times overpowered, we might image that if many logia users attacked a group not consisting of logia users, or at least very few, then there is a strong chance that would be the best way to frontal assault and capture Roger.

Of course, he may of gave his life for his Nakama in someway.
Old 2006-11-10, 01:38   Link #90
S_C_L-1

paramecia. not parasite...
Old 2006-11-10, 11:24   Link #91
matsuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_C_L-1 View Post
paramecia. not parasite...
At least give me my props before you go around correcting me. Specially when others made mention that you were the one that said it...

But ya, writting stuff at 6am doesnt make for the clearest of mind for posting with.
Old 2006-11-10, 16:13   Link #92
S_C_L-1

I try to avoid posting in a state of exaustion. cuz i know ill mess up. you cant use it as an excuse really...
Old 2006-11-13, 02:47   Link #93
d'luffy

im guessing that there is a traitor in one of gol d roger's crew...
that is why he was capture...what u think...?
hahahahah! possible... right..?
Old 2006-11-13, 16:19   Link #94
d'luffy

possible that luffy is the reincarnation of gold d roger....
hahahahhahaa!
possible right...
maybe that is the power of one piece...
hahahaa!
Old 2006-11-13, 17:15   Link #95
S_C_L-1

other than the immense repetition of "possible right?" and "hahahaha" in your posts, there seems to be a high occurance of double posts.

use the edit button
Old 2006-11-14, 20:03   Link #96
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by d'luffy View Post
im guessing that there is a traitor in one of gol d roger's crew...
that is why he was capture...what u think...?
hahahahah! possible... right..?
That's what I'm thinking too, but only as a contributing factor to his death.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Closed Thread