AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-11-01, 03:22   Link #381
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Yea playing alone is pretty challenging, I see lotsa people using 560 cost class MS(Strike Freedom) and they usually set the computer on Avoid command.

I got some tips and info in the previous page.
Against 2 computers, I can't really help on that...but 1vs1 CPU should be real easy.
-When you are mid range, run perpendicular to the CPU, shoot it when it shoots use because they usually can't hit you like that.
-CPUs when close tend to use melee 90% of the time you are close to it, double tap left or right to get out of it then attack it.
-CPU partners are pretty much crap so don't rely on it much.

Against 1 or 2 people in VS mode,
My friend has this really good method, set you partner in concentrate or something aggressive and follow it. The main thing that you want is either 1vs1 while the other is busy or to pick them off while they are going against your CPU partner.

Thats about all I know about VS...had a good 5 win streak today with a friend against some power combinations~

Yzak's Zaku + Axe = Win

Here's a really bad and blurry video of me using Sword Impulse vs Freedom(Lv.5)
It basically shows how easy the CPU is when its 1v1.

Last edited by Syn13; 2006-11-01 at 04:45.
Syn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 05:01   Link #382
Eruruu
We'll meet again.

Send a message via MSN to Eruruu
How about techniques like using the boost? I read something on a different thread something about Step Cancel, either Im doing it wrong or the responsor missed out smth.
And on the PS2, its very easy to win (and I beated it loads of time ><), but Im talking about more on the arcade and VS people. 1v1 or 2v2.
Eruruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 06:37   Link #383
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Step Cancel...I do alot boost stuff but generally many people do
-Boost, save a little then boost again.
-Side dash(>, >) then jump
I think the last one was step cancel, I can't remember.

Generally for Seed VS II, the computer kills you with quantity and not really skill.

Okay, I've been winning alot with a friend in the arcades recently(well our win average actually boosted up alot!) but basically its figuring out their pattern.

Pay attention to how they play:
-Certain special MS have advantages and disadvantages
-People have the same habit/pattern while playing
-Take advantage of the field(hide behind buildings when you land)
-Close range attacks are proably the worst so try to figure out your opponents method of attacking.
-Experience is the best, me and my friend have faced the best players and lost bad but now we are getting closer and better(actually very close to beating them...just can't seem to land the final attack).
-CPU partners cost way less, don't go in the front lines as much unless one of them are open for an attack.
-Like I mentioned earlier, running already lets you avoid alot of attacks(exceptions can be wide beam attacks).
-Use the RADAR, thats pretty important.
Depending on how much you know what your friend is doing, it depends how the outcome will be...Just know when to be the aggressor and when to be the supporter.

Start with the basics which is any of the MS that have a beam rifle, sword, quick secondary weapon and costs 450. The very basic are the Aile Strike, Strike Rouge, Force Impulse.
If you play a little more then move onto a little more complicated MS like the ones above(Duel Assault Shroud, Gaia, Chaos, etc...)

Hope that helps.
Old 2006-11-01, 06:51   Link #384
Eruruu
We'll meet again.

Yea it does.
Just wondering, how do you do all those chain melee attacks and what not.
I mean I know direction+melee (side, foward and back) just melee and no direction and boost+melee and boost then melee give an attack (is that it?), but I have no idea how people chain so many melee attacks (with ending with the gun its easier, but cant seem to do as much melee dmg as taking)

Last edited by Eruruu; 2006-11-01 at 07:27.
Old 2006-11-01, 07:26   Link #385
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Usually this is how it goes for every MS:
B - Most likey 3 hits or more
Up + B - 1 or more hits
Left or Right + B - 2 hits
Down + B - 1 hit
B + C - Usually special melee attack

Its actually better to have a shorter close range attack since the side melee attacks takes of pretty good damage(more than the average beam rifles).

If you're going for pure close range, the Gouf Ignited(Heine Custom) is probably the best in my opinion and pulled off the sickest combos. Slayer Whip grab, Power Seed special, down, B, B, B , A+B I think was badass~
Old 2006-11-01, 08:06   Link #386
Eruruu
We'll meet again.

Would you press the direction at the same time as the melee or hold it or direction and then melee? ><
And whats C?
Old 2006-11-01, 19:00   Link #387
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Also, when is a good time to use a charged attack? (e.g combo rifles, hyper impulse cannon, etc.)
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 20:14   Link #388
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

I made a big mistake an the buttons are:
A - Shoot
B - Melee
C - Jump
D - Target cheange
I think anytime you side strife and use the sword it will do the side melee and pressing then melee shouldn't do it.

I don't really like to use charged attacks but I like Duel's railgun. I guess you can use them anytime you are free or chain them with the melee(B + C then Railgun). Another way to use charged attacks is the quick shoot then charge attack:
-Hold down the shoot button to charge
-Before it reaches the max release the button
-Fire regular shot
-Hold the shoot button for a little bit then release for the charged attack.
Old 2006-11-02, 08:36   Link #389
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruruu View Post
Would you press the direction at the same time as the melee or hold it or direction and then melee? ><
For some (many?) suits, melee (without moving in any direction) and melee while moving give you different attacks, and those normal combos are different than the ones you can do when you activate a specific mode like "Speed", "Rush" and "Power". I'll be honest, though, in saying I have never remembered what does what during the round. The arcade guide by Enter Brain lists each suit (excluding the later unlocked ones) by group; the PS2 guide (or guides) that I know will come out when the PS2 game is released should have the rest as well, I imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn13
I don't really like to use charged attacks but I like Duel's railgun.
The same goes for Destiny's. Charge, melee into the other guy, and right before he goes yellow when he falls to the ground, fire. I don't think it does all that much damage, however, in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn13
Another way to use charged attacks is the quick shoot then charge attack:
That's interesting. Never knew that is possible before. Thanks! Is it for all suits or just certain ones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruruu
Ah, well I cant read Chinese or Japanese so I dont really know the meaning of pressing the start button, but I guess it is a signal for help even though you can just speak to him lol.
At least for the first game, I think that if one person uses it, it sends a message to both players. I'll have to see if the second one does the same.

I happened to be watching earlier when one player signaled after being knocked down; the guy who signaled got a "No damage" message - because his partner hadn't been hit yet - but the other guy got a "Light damage" one. Since it's right next to the radar, which as Syn13 said, people should watch, it's pretty fast, IMHO.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 10:47   Link #390
Eruruu
We'll meet again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS View Post
For some (many?) suits, melee (without moving in any direction) and melee while moving give you different attacks, and those normal combos are different than the ones you can do when you activate a specific mode like "Speed", "Rush" and "Power". I'll be honest, though, in saying I have never remembered what does what during the round. The arcade guide by Enter Brain lists each suit (excluding the later unlocked ones) by group; the PS2 guide (or guides) that I know will come out when the PS2 game is released should have the rest as well, I imagine.

The same goes for Destiny's. Charge, melee into the other guy, and right before he goes yellow when he falls to the ground, fire. I don't think it does all that much damage, however, in this case.

That's interesting. Never knew that is possible before. Thanks! Is it for all suits or just certain ones?

At least for the first game, I think that if one person uses it, it sends a message to both players. I'll have to see if the second one does the same.

I happened to be watching earlier when one player signaled after being knocked down; the guy who signaled got a "No damage" message - because his partner hadn't been hit yet - but the other guy got a "Light damage" one. Since it's right next to the radar, which as Syn13 said, people should watch, it's pretty fast, IMHO.
Yea i figured different direction or no direction give different combos. And for the Seed specials, usually its just a really long chain from watching.
And guides? Could you give me a link? It would be helpful for me ><

I see alot of people shoot the guy once they fall when its still yellow, but does it really do the extra dmg?

Hm... Still, its easier to speak if your partner is right beside then reach for another button imo. And yea, Radar is important
Old 2006-11-02, 20:06   Link #391
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Shooting someone when they hit the ground before turning yellow takes off a little bit(about 50).
As for guides, maybe gamefaqs has some stuff there.

About the attacks that require charging, I know Chaos and Gaia works better when transformed, otherwise its too slow i.e. Chaos - B + C move works great.
Old 2006-11-03, 05:33   Link #392
Eruruu
We'll meet again.

Yea, I tried it out, it takes out a little dmg, not the full dmg you would originally get from a hit, but still not bad.
And the charge attack, its quite good, (duno if i did it right though lol)
Transforming and actually hit something I find quite hard. ><
Old 2006-11-06, 19:38   Link #393
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

LOL I also find it harder to actually hit anything when transformed too.
Old 2006-11-10, 00:50   Link #394
U<3Anime
Boo!

Don't abuse the step-cancel in the second game though. It actually takes away a lot more of your boost in the second one, so use it wisely >_>
Old 2006-11-11, 20:58   Link #395
Infinite Freedom
Bonjour

I CANT WAIT FOR THE GAME LOL!!!

oh and how do you make banners... im new here...

nvm i got it

Last edited by Infinite Freedom; 2006-11-11 at 21:05. Reason: want to add something
Infinite Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 21:45   Link #396
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
This might be dumb question, but the game's not really scheduled for a PAL release is it?
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 02:46   Link #397
Eruruu
We'll meet again.

PAL is english?
Old 2006-11-12, 03:15   Link #398
nightbringer360

PAL is the European and Australian release format.

I doubt we'll see Rengou vs ZAFT II until after we see Rengou vs ZAFT I, which never made it here. Now that I think about it, I've never seen an official version of Rengou vs ZAFT here in Australia.
nightbringer360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 06:29   Link #399
Ottocycle

Either I haven't seen this posted or I haven't checked far back enough..

EA vs ZAFT 2 PLUS Promo Vid

No Stargazer action T_T
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 06:48   Link #400
Eruruu
We'll meet again.

Ah, yea. there isnt any English version of these. Too be honest, I never seen any Gundam game in english lol. Actually, whast the difference between EA Vs ZAFT2 and Plus? Or is Plus just the one they call it for the PS2?