Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-11, 08:58   Link #81
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_C_L-1 View Post
read post RIGHT BEFORE YOURS much?
It was just a quick thought before i turned the computer off, thus i didnt read the post.
Old 2006-11-11, 09:56   Link #82
RPNS

Why did they change the whitebeard's flag?

It used to have a the symbol majin and not a cross?

Has there been a ressone for this?
Old 2006-11-11, 18:20   Link #83
Glitch87

how about that ppl non asian around the world at pissed at it resembling a swastika (stupid ignorant ppl) and they got oda to change it? simple as that.
Old 2006-11-11, 20:47   Link #84
Archmagination2002

Shanks must be the second best swordsman in the world since he was able to go toe to toe with Mihawk.

Also nobody seemed to have mention that awsome sight of when Whitebeard and Shanks weapons met... the HEAVENS(meaning cloud/sky) was cut in half from that strike. Talk about strength!!

Oh yeah by the way.. Mihawk's sword.. The Black Sword as he called it.. is the strongest sword in One Piece(Again Mihawk stated that and it sure looks strong) So why do you all think that it wouldn't have Seastone built into it somewhere(Maybe forged into the metal intself.. afterall its been proven with the Sky Islands formations that Seastone can be transformed into something else) Since Mihawk is so strong there would be no way that he wouldn't have developed some techniques to take out those pesky elemental Devil Fruit users.
Old 2006-11-11, 20:52   Link #85
chitgoks

a one arms shanks getting only a scar from blackbeard? wahahaha that says a lot. he is super strong!
Old 2006-11-11, 21:45   Link #86
regasatanum

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitgoks View Post
a one arms shanks getting only a scar from blackbeard? wahahaha that says a lot. he is super strong!
was 2 arms then.
Old 2006-11-12, 23:36   Link #87
chitgoks

regasatanum: shanks already had that scar when he met luffy? i was pretty sure he didnt have any scar back then..
Old 2006-11-12, 23:47   Link #88
tidus0728

^ No he already had a scar back then.

But for BB to even leave a scar to one of the 4 emperors he definatly stronger then we thought(Even his bounty wasn't shown).

I guess we'll find out in next chapter what his powers are really like.
Old 2006-11-13, 02:13   Link #89
d'luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuko View Post
As per the forums rules, please don't ask or mention where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Lol, what a redundant thread name!

Discuss.
ei...eheheh!
if there is a will there is a way...ehehhe!jke!
ei everyone...make google as your bestfriend and surley
you'll get what you need...ehehe!
Old 2006-11-13, 02:26   Link #90
d'luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuchan View Post
This is what i'm talkin about! I wanna see Whitebeard fight. I mean, what can someone his size do beside be really strong? And 100 years older than shanks? I guess this means One Piece people can live longer than regular humans. Chapter sounds great!

I think it was in this forum that i said after 400 chapters the story has kind of went nowhere, at least where it should. I guess Shonen Jump thought the same. I for one am glad. One Piece has never been the 1st manga i eagerly wait for until a couple chapters ago. Plus Naruto is kinda bleh now and Bleach is in a ok stage. But One Piece is where it's at!
actually i read this from manga...there is a part there that milhawk visited shanks crew...if i remember it correct shanks asked milhawk if he came just to fight him...milhawk replied 'im tired of fighting you one armed pirate....'eeheheh! its not really the exact words ok...eheheh! just the thought of it.....
at that time he only went to shanks to tell him that he met an amazing crew, he was refering to strawhats luffy...
Old 2006-11-13, 04:38   Link #91
S_C_L-1

no double posting.
Old 2006-11-13, 05:40   Link #92
Rageaholic01
Kaizoku

is it just like a small matter or is it significant when everyone bows down cos of Shanks?
Old 2006-11-13, 11:33   Link #93
matsuno

They arent bowing, they are literally overcome by his presence. Some sort of power he has, whether Devildruit or otherwise, it is something all enveloping.

And it really is a large matter, as it means that there may be other forces beyond DF, rokushiki and swordsmanship in the world of One Piece that we have not yet encountered (mantra was the other but seeing it was mostly limited to just those under Enel, I choose not to list it as a major world power),. It also could mean that it is something one of the Mugiwara may yet develop (and no I dont think Zoro would, unless almost all the crew does, more likely just Luffy,m or possibly also Usopp [yes the coward gaining a backbone may be a huge powerup beyond what we could ever expect]).

Lastly, the power seems to be a detonation of power, as all the main crew of WB are unnafected by it, just his more lousy crew were affected. This is also possibly why Shanks is so into keeping his crew small, and why a new member would be so powerful as to have a 93 million bounty on his head.
Old 2006-11-13, 23:26   Link #94
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsuno View Post
They arent bowing, they are literally overcome by his presence. Some sort of power he has, whether Devildruit or otherwise, it is something all enveloping.

And it really is a large matter, as it means that there may be other forces beyond DF, rokushiki and swordsmanship in the world of One Piece that we have not yet encountered (mantra was the other but seeing it was mostly limited to just those under Enel, I choose not to list it as a major world power),. It also could mean that it is something one of the Mugiwara may yet develop (and no I dont think Zoro would, unless almost all the crew does, more likely just Luffy,m or possibly also Usopp [yes the coward gaining a backbone may be a huge powerup beyond what we could ever expect]).

Lastly, the power seems to be a detonation of power, as all the main crew of WB are unnafected by it, just his more lousy crew were affected. This is also possibly why Shanks is so into keeping his crew small, and why a new member would be so powerful as to have a 93 million bounty on his head.

i would have thought its just something like an aura that he has due to his killer instinct or something rather than a type of skill or power. that also explains the fact that only low level grunts were affected
Old 2006-11-14, 00:23   Link #95
Chuixupu
Shikachu

They just kept saying that his "spirit" is very strong. Whatever it is, there is something about his pressence that is very commanding and overwhelming for the weak of heart, I guess.
Old 2006-11-14, 00:40   Link #96
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
i would have thought its just something like an aura that he has due to his killer instinct or something rather than a type of skill or power. that also explains the fact that only low level grunts were affected
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu View Post
They just kept saying that his "spirit" is very strong. Whatever it is, there is something about his pressence that is very commanding and overwhelming for the weak of heart, I guess.
yeah.. i am wandering about this spirit thing too ...
shnaks was aginst luffy eating DF, and he was very angry about that so i doubt that spirit is some kind of DF power ... also what happen to the sky when he and WB were fighting, maybe it is because his "spirit" crashed with WB "Spirit" which was the reason for what happened tothe sky..

also one other things ... even though it appeared that no one of WB divisions commanders got effected by his spirit, but i think they did got effected that was the reason why they left and also the reason why shanks came alone without his crew to WB ship.

i have one other though about this "spirit": what if it is a proof of being a pirate king or 1 of the 4 great pirates ??? it will also means that WB, and the other 2 have it or something like it ... it will also explain what happen to the sky, it is due to the fact that 2 strong "spirit" are fighting ..
Old 2006-11-14, 06:38   Link #97
chitgoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by d'luffy View Post
actually i read this from manga...there is a part there that milhawk visited shanks crew...if i remember it correct shanks asked milhawk if he came just to fight him...milhawk replied 'im tired of fighting you one armed pirate....'eeheheh! its not really the exact words ok...eheheh! just the thought of it.....
at that time he only went to shanks to tell him that he met an amazing crew, he was refering to strawhats luffy...

quite intriguing was why mihawk went all the way to tell shanks about luffy

matsuno@: shanks doesnt have any df powers, if he does, he'd already have drowned in the sea when he went to save luffy
Old 2006-11-14, 07:29   Link #98
matsuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitgoks View Post
quite intriguing was why mihawk went all the way to tell shanks about luffy

matsuno@: shanks doesnt have any df powers, if he does, he'd already have drowned in the sea when he went to save luffy
You guys really arent too good at reading comprehention are yous? I said that it would introduce a none known power possibility (while naming off the different types of powers we know of).

Last, Id like to point out, Mihawk is a Shichibukai with ties to one of the Emperors. That means that upon connecting both the story from Shank's (knowing that the kid had something to do with Shank's loosing his arm) and with Luffy being the kid from the story. It means he seed that something more than just interesting is going to happen in the Grand Line (which to a degree has already started, seeing as Luffy made his impact by throwing the world's balance out of order right away).

By informing Shanks, he might gain better understanding of who Luffy is, and what he may be destined to do (or at least gain an understanding of what Shanks will do, which is a huge plus considering his position).
Old 2006-11-14, 08:55   Link #99
d'luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu View Post
yeah...i felt it either...the aura thing....by just watching how he stare the sea monster....
eheheheh!
Old 2006-11-14, 13:06   Link #100
Gaiyae

Didn't anyone notice that when Shanks eyes changed when he scared the sea monster. His eyes where the same as mihawks. And at some times Zoro's eyes change in the same. And all three of them are sword masters.. coincedence?
Maybe Spirit has something to do with the Azura transformation of Zoro? Maybe Mihawk and Shanks also have some kind of transformation. And those transformations are called spirits or something...

Just speculating.

(sorry for my bad english)
Closed Thread