AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-09, 11:41   Link #121
Miles Teg

The last chapter (136) will be released the 20 of this month.
Old 2006-11-09, 13:26   Link #122
martino
makes no files now

I just started reading Fruits Basket, and I was wondering how the other volumes compare to the first one; are they generally better or worse?
Old 2006-11-09, 13:33   Link #123
Trinity Black
just a brazilian girl

Send a message via MSN to Trinity Black
Quote:
The last chapter (136) will be released the 20 of this month.
Really??? Oh... Lucky you. u.u
We are still on the chapter 96. ¬¬

Quote:
I just started reading Fruits Basket, and I was wondering how the other volumes compare to the first one; are they generally better or worse?
I think they are growing better in every volume. A lot of things we wouldn't guess starts to happened, and a lot of cute things and... And you know that, in the very end, we'll discover why is all of this things happening... It's one of the best manga ever.^^

Last edited by Trinity Black; 2006-11-09 at 13:36. Reason: didn't saw the other post. xD
Old 2006-11-09, 13:42   Link #124
martino
makes no files now

I've seen the anime, so I do know some stuff up to the point where the manga keeps on continuing and where the anime stopped. It's just that this is a shoujo manga and I'm a guy. I have watched shoujo animes before and I can't say that I didn't like them(in the contrary for some), but after I started reading Fruits Basket it kinda got to me: "Yeah, it does feel like a shoujo manga". So I just wanted to know whether it does get better. I'm not saying that I don't like, in fact it's really good.
Old 2006-11-09, 13:46   Link #125
Trinity Black
just a brazilian girl

Well... If you liked the anime, I can only say that you will love the manga... At least, it was what I felt. And it's not a soujo manga... Well, it is, but... I don't know, it doesn't fell like it is.. But, I think I cannot say, because I'm a girl. xD
But I like all kinds of manga and anime, so...
My point is: I think you won't regret. It's a great story.^^
Old 2006-11-09, 13:56   Link #126
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Well the manga is definitely one of my favorites. Right now, while staring at the PC screen, I'm also reading vol. 14 Damn that Akito!!! I can't stand his almighty attitude
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-11-11, 12:07   Link #127
hikaru_masha
I want chocolate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
I've seen the anime, so I do know some stuff up to the point where the manga keeps on continuing and where the anime stopped. It's just that this is a shoujo manga and I'm a guy. I have watched shoujo animes before and I can't say that I didn't like them(in the contrary for some), but after I started reading Fruits Basket it kinda got to me: "Yeah, it does feel like a shoujo manga". So I just wanted to know whether it does get better. I'm not saying that I don't like, in fact it's really good.
as the manga goes on, it gets alot darker and serious than the manga. I'm not really a big fan of shojo mangas (like a few) but i loved this one. It soesnt really feel like one to me. I've been downloading and reading ahead of buying the mangas. i found it to be verry good. its going to be 23 volumes and i am buying it! i would never by that large a series normally, so you know its gotta be good. once you get passed the anime-overlapping portions of the manga, the story starts to get more intricate.

Outline of intrest in fruits masket: From vol 1 to i think its 21 is a rising intrest, as the later volumes come, they become more interesting. i think 22(i cant remember exactly which volume it was, either the end of 22 or beginning of 23) is the big climax. then vol 23 is the ease out, tieing up all loose ends.

so basically, read it online before you buy it. what do you have to lose? If you really like it, buy it. if you dont, stop reading at the point where you get annoyed. Thats my formula for all mangas lol
Old 2006-11-11, 18:25   Link #128
martino
makes no files now

Read online...is that actually legal???
Old 2006-11-11, 20:25   Link #129
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Funny you should ask that, as sites such as AnimeSuki aren't even really legal. It's generally accepted that if something hasn't been licensed in your country, it's okay to trade it online, but that's not quite true. Anyway, it's quite simple to find licensed manga scans on the internet.
Old 2006-11-12, 03:02   Link #130
Key
s e m p i t e r n a l

Send a message via AIM to Key Send a message via MSN to Key
The story definitely gets darker as it unfolds. At first it was mostly silly and funny with just a hint of mystery but it totally blows up into something dramatic and even tragic at times. What I do miss is that the characters transform less and less and the story gets darker and darker but I guess that's just how it goes, considering.
Old 2006-11-14, 20:33   Link #131
hikaru_masha
I want chocolate!

Quote:
Read online...is that actually legal???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
Funny you should ask that, as sites such as AnimeSuki aren't even really legal. It's generally accepted that if something hasn't been licensed in your country, it's okay to trade it online, but that's not quite true. Anyway, it's quite simple to find licensed manga scans on the internet.

well, i do have all of the volumes that are currently out, so it's not like i'm being a cheep ass. I'm just impatient and want to see how the story is developing. lol

as for other mangas, i dont like to spend $15 per book on a series i dont like. If I like it, i buy it, if i don't, i don't. I work very hard for my money and i dont want to throw it away on a shitty series. It's really no different than reading it at the library or borrowing it from a friend before you buy it. I'm just too busy and lazy(the business feeds the laziness) to go to the library, so i download. If I hadn't downloaded it first, there would be 14 less books being sold.
Old 2006-11-19, 05:57   Link #132
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

So, after reading a summary of the last chapter, I can safely say I'm disappointed in this manga...
Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-19, 12:39   Link #133
Yogo_Pogo
A laughing demonic Skull

Could it really ends at 23 volume?
I kind of don't like... no... my bank account seems to hate long runs...
Old 2006-11-19, 13:36   Link #134
01_sassy
Banned

i think that yuki's cute and toya......
i finished it ...pretty good
Old 2006-11-20, 02:26   Link #135
Robert~Haydn

Send a message via Yahoo to Robert~Haydn
hyuuu~ i like this manga~
n what is the last chapter??
Old 2006-11-22, 11:16   Link #136
01_sassy
Banned

?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist View Post
Crazy, too much stuff the Karekano anime left out...

About Fruits Basket, because of the anime and some scanslated manga, I'll still have to wait almost a year before I can catch up to the events 'after' the anime (around vol. 7-8 right?). I'd say not bad... long waits for Furuba is better than no Furuba.
ummmm....does fruits basket still have mangas goin on...cause i finished the episodes all ready?
Old 2006-11-22, 11:28   Link #137
EragonJeriel
heh

im dissapointed too, Yuki obviously likes tohru, but the author made him look like he saw her as a mother?? thats like so fake
Old 2006-11-23, 05:21   Link #138
martino
makes no files now

So fake? It sound so sweet and it shows how much he appreciates her.
Old 2006-11-23, 07:14   Link #139
Trinity Black
just a brazilian girl

Quote:
So fake? It sound so sweet and it shows how much he appreciates her.
I agree. He loves her like a mother because he never had one, and she act like one. She was always there for him, taking care of him. But like a mother. And she does not like him the way she likes Kyo. They wouldn't be together anyway. Well, I haven't finished it yet, but I know the end... And I loved it. xD
Old 2007-01-02, 13:40   Link #140
martino
makes no files now

Well, my second and third volume has arrived...now I'll just have to read it slowly and wait till my next payment will arrive.

Tags
drama, romance