AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-11-22, 17:19   Link #601
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Personally, I really liked this show. It was pretty good for what it was. (3 15 minute episodes )

I'd say I only have two actual problems with Stargazer:

1. Shams. (however the exact spelling is ) He goes from an interesting cool-guy laid-back pilot, and nosedives to Rabid Coordinator Hater No. 673549972574551. Not the best way for his character to end up.

2. It seemed like the animation quality took a bit of a downward dip in episode 3. I don't know, it just felt like I was watching stiff models on stands shooting at each other, showing very little movement. (limb movement I mean) And the scientist guy in the control room when he gives his expression of surprise at the Stargazer's combat abilities. The level of actual emotion in his facial and bodily expressions was about the level of sweetening in regular oatmeal...

Aside from that though, I thought Stargazer was pretty good. Mudue's death was probably the most memorable thing for me. Not the fact that she died, but the way she died. "Rabid animals feasting on their prey" indeed. I probably went over that scene 10 times for the sheer "holy $hit" factor.

I have to agree at least partially with Wingdarkness, though. While the show is good, it could have been better had it been longer, especially had it been an actual full-blown OVA. And they probably could have done it, too. It's Gundam. To borrow what someone said on another forum about another show, "It's like printing money."
Old 2006-11-22, 20:16   Link #602
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
So sorry for the confusion Mr. "I have the rarified DVD at home and listened to the special commentary" -defender...

sheeesh ...
Sorry, came with the Strike Noir model =)
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-23, 08:31   Link #603
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
If I had to pinpoint why I think it's really good ... it's that the storytelling seems more ... oldschool to me? Reminds me a lot more of the old Tomino series and movies, not just a mobile suit model kit whore-a-thon like Destiny was.
That´s kind of interesting cause Stargazers one and only purpose is to be a "mobile suit model kit-whore-a-thon".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post

Aside from that though, I thought Stargazer was pretty good. Mudue's death was probably the most memorable thing for me. Not the fact that she died, but the way she died. "Rabid animals feasting on their prey" indeed. I probably went over that scene 10 times for the sheer "holy $hit" factor.
That whole battle was awesome with the music that was playing. It felt intense and Gundam. High octane fighting with lots of emotions and great music.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-23, 11:34   Link #604
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
very touch the end of this series
btw they die or alive (i think they died in peace)
the stargazer MS was so cool
i don't even think this MS must have 2 pilot
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-23, 13:51   Link #605
X207
Gamyūsa

seems they die as theyre unresponsive, but who knows, maybe theyd be in ICU in manga to recover
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-23, 15:00   Link #606
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Meh the battle scene wasn't all that great...Kira beat down BuCues slightly worse than that in the prototype strike...

Mudie and Shams died the most shameful deaths in the CE continuity so far...

PWNED BY TEH GRUNTZ!!!!
Old 2006-11-23, 15:24   Link #607
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Prototype Strike? God, not that shit again.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-23, 17:05   Link #608
J_Ridden
Grunt Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Meh the battle scene wasn't all that great...Kira beat down BuCues slightly worse than that in the prototype strike...

Mudie and Shams died the most shameful deaths in the CE continuity so far...

PWNED BY TEH GRUNTZ!!!!
Kira probably wouldn't have fought the BuCues a second time if he hadn't got help from Desert Dawn the first time, he almost ran out of power, remember? Also, he got SEED mode all the time, something Sven didn't need to get rid of more powerful BuCues.

IMO there is no shame in being owned by grunts. At least they got some credits in Stargazer. And Sting's death was much more shameful than Mudie's and Shams'.
J_Ridden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-23, 17:31   Link #609
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

No... Sham's death was bloody stupid. "I know my power's low, but I'm still going to shoot for no good reason."
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-23, 21:24   Link #610
Demongod86

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Ridden View Post
Kira probably wouldn't have fought the BuCues a second time if he hadn't got help from Desert Dawn the first time, he almost ran out of power, remember? Also, he got SEED mode all the time, something Sven didn't need to get rid of more powerful BuCues.

IMO there is no shame in being owned by grunts. At least they got some credits in Stargazer. And Sting's death was much more shameful than Mudie's and Shams'.
At least Sting died to a main character...even if it WAS an emo and one-dimensional (in combat) *wa-pish!* main character!
Old 2006-11-24, 00:32   Link #611
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
too bad they two died but i think they dead in peace
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 02:35   Link #612
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope View Post
That´s kind of interesting cause Stargazers one and only purpose is to be a "mobile suit model kit-whore-a-thon".
Well when I posted that I didn't know it was only going to be those 3 episodes. I thought I had read somewhere it was going to be more. I still partially standby my statement. They may have introduced new models with it, but it was done in a tasteful way at least that didn't scream "WHORING MODELS HERE" in your face like Destiny did ;p
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 04:42   Link #613
M L Monster
三尉

Destiny have pretty much ruined the image of Grunts.

Back then Grunts can atleast take out an arm or a leg from a main character's suit.

1 even managed to take out a Gundam.(Yep Bernie's considered a grunt)

I'm greatful that Grunts have finally given some credit in Stargazer. Need to have more of those.
M L Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 05:06   Link #614
J_Ridden
Grunt Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
No... Sham's death was bloody stupid. "I know my power's low, but I'm still going to shoot for no good reason."
I never said it wasn't a stupid death, but it wasn't shameful at all. Shams destroyed the whole station all by himself. It was clear that after Mudie's death he wanted to kill as much coordinators as he could, even at the cost of his life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
At least Sting died to a main character...even if it WAS an emo and one-dimensional (in combat) *wa-pish!* main character!
There's no glory to die at the hand of a main character. A main character always owns in GSD, unless it is put against another main character.
And Sting was owned a few episodes before by 3 Murasame (which are what? GRUNTS! ) Well, somehow, Sting also died in a grunt MS....
J_Ridden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 13:17   Link #615
Demongod86

Sting was owned by grunts indeed, but didn't die to them (despite all of our hopes!)
Old 2006-11-24, 17:37   Link #616
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Well when I posted that I didn't know it was only going to be those 3 episodes. I thought I had read somewhere it was going to be more. I still partially standby my statement. They may have introduced new models with it, but it was done in a tasteful way at least that didn't scream "WHORING MODELS HERE" in your face like Destiny did ;p
That I can agree with.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 18:16   Link #617
cyoti

Given how little screentime was devoted to Infinite Justice and Strike Freedom thats hardly true.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-25, 14:07   Link #618
Kasn

Has anyone seen dvd version already? Anything new?
Kasn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-25, 21:18   Link #619
JaoJao
The One and Only!

so those 2 did die at the end, 669 hours is roughly 27.885 days, and selene sed they would last abt 27 days, and like some 1 sed, they werent responsive o.O too bad for them
JaoJao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 05:26   Link #620
JediNight
キズランダム

Eh, I still consider the ending open. That is still ABOUT 27 days, and if Kira can survive a pointblank suit self-destruct -- or Mwu surviving the Strike going bewm ... I think they could pull some Jesus-mode with Selene/Sven if they wanted to do more with them =p

Ironically enough, if she had left Sven, couldn't she have had oxygen for almost twice as long, assuming she had rations for that time? =D
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote