Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-30, 15:52   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Chapter 436 Discussion (Spoilers)

As per the forums rules, please don't ask or mention where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.
Old 2006-11-30, 15:52   Link #2
evelsaint91

Spoiler for chapter 436:
Old 2006-11-30, 15:54   Link #3
diners13

Spoiler for chapter 436:
Old 2006-11-30, 16:12   Link #4
marvelB

Great chapter! The new ship is great, IMO (even if the "lion" head is wierd,) and seeing a pantsless Franky running around the island is rather... disturbing. Still, stealing someone's undies is certainly an interesting way to make someone join a pirate crew....

Oh, and does anyone else think that the Marine who was talking to Attach at the HQ was Akainu? It sorta looks like him....

Oh, and apparently, the soldier dude on the moon with Eneru is named Lieutenant Spency. Wonder what sort of hijinks those two will get in on the moon...?
Old 2006-11-30, 17:42   Link #5
Undertaker

I like the new ship, yes it does look weird, but so does every other significant ship that appeared in OP so far.

What more can you want on a ship? a lawn, a court yard, an aquarium [one mermaid coming up.... ], a huge oven, a frige with lock, solar dock, and a weird lion head, not to mention what else Franky might have put in that ship.

You got everything you need right here to sail to Raftal...

Other notes,

Sanji just can't seem to catch a break on the bounty thing, his picture just "happens" to be the one that was blacked out while being developed.

And I love the whole, "if you want your pants(speedo), you'll have to join me" angle to force Franky to join, as weird as it is, I simply can't think of a better way for Franky to join the crew.
Old 2006-11-30, 17:48   Link #6
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
now only usoop's rejoin matter remain...
also i still want to see the weapon system franky placed on the new ship.. and the room arrangements...
Old 2006-11-30, 19:50   Link #7
DrFuko

Did anyone notice that huge room on top of the main mast? Strange ship, it is. Very cool indeed too.

...and am I the only who thought, "Holy crap, its Kon!" when they first saw the ship?

/Seems Luffy won't have a seat like he did on the Going Merry
// And just what is the name of the ship?
Old 2006-11-30, 20:49   Link #8
RogSqdLdr

Dude I don't care what anyone says, and how this chapter played out. The new shipwright's going to be Paulie!

This is what's going to happen next chapter:
Franky's about to say "Strawhat, I'm going to sail the grandline with you with the ship of my dreams!"

Then he'll slowly peel away mask from his face ( Mission Impossible style ) revealing Paulie behind the disguise.

Paulie finishes shedding the Franky outfit and says "Luffy, Franky told me how you would pursue him to the ends of the earth to be his shipwright. That's why he made a deal with me, letting me don this fake costume while secretly escaping this island. He DIDN'T have the confidence to say no to you if you asked him to be the shipwright, which is why he snuck off.

I agreed to all this because Franky promised me the square afro sisters in marriage :-p Oh, and I was running around naked around town just to spite people's taunts of calling me "Shy Boy" a while ago. I'm not so shy now am I? Anyways, now you've got me as your shipwright!"

Just kidding. Of course most of us guessed it was Franky from the start. This chapter was pretty much unofficial confirmation that Franky's the new crew member.

Last edited by RogSqdLdr; 2006-11-30 at 21:12.
Old 2006-11-30, 21:01   Link #9
suckoja

Well, For some reason... We should call this ship "KOB-kung"!
Since iceburg said it's name is "King of the beast" and that Kon is come from "King of N." /d
Old 2006-11-30, 23:19   Link #10
matsuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by suckoja View Post
Well, For some reason... We should call this ship "KOB-kung"!
Since iceburg said it's name is "King of the beast" and that Kon is come from "King of N." /d
Your an idiot. The ship's name is indeed King of Beasts (a reference to Franky's former Battle Franky ships, which were all developed with a basic premise of fighting Sea Kings).

On the other hand, Kon is a derivitive of the word Kaizō Konpaku (meaning literally Modified Soul, which is what he is). This is also why Ichigo and him argued that his name should be Kai, but Ichigo thought it sounded too cool.
Old 2006-11-30, 23:54   Link #11
RandomGuy
ここに居ってんねん

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsuno View Post
Your an idiot. The ship's name is indeed King of Beasts (a reference to Franky's former Battle Franky ships, which were all developed with a basic premise of fighting Sea Kings).
Iceburg used that phrase with regards to the Lion figurehead, but I don't believe it's actually the name of the ship. My guess is, we'll find out next chapter.
Old 2006-12-01, 01:05   Link #12
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

OH man, the ship is definately cool.
Old 2006-12-01, 01:45   Link #13
chucky
Always impatient

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuko View Post
Did anyone notice that huge room on top of the main mast? Strange ship, it is. Very cool indeed too.
Oops heh..... as an observatory it is a little... too constraining heh
But i am more interested in the round building on top of the back --
I suspect that's the new girl's dormitory.... which also serves the purpose of map room + library too (it has 2 stories)
Wish Chopper has his own medic room too...

Quote:
...and am I the only who thought, "Holy crap, its Kon!" when they first saw the ship?
You are definitely not the only one.....

Quote:
/Seems Luffy won't have a seat like he did on the Going Merry
// And just what is the name of the ship?
1) he can still sit on the head of the lion
2) nope, the name isnt official yet. I guess it will carry tom in it as a remembrance though.

Anyhow, anyone know why there are so many yards in the second mast?
Old 2006-12-01, 01:47   Link #14
Chuixupu
Shikachu

See, it's all symbolic...going from a lamb to a lion.

That chapter kicked naked hairy ass!
Old 2006-12-01, 09:49   Link #15
DrFuko

Did anyone also notice that Chimney was staring right at his naked front? Meh, that child cant get any more screwed up anyways.
Old 2006-12-01, 13:28   Link #16
marvelB

Not just that, but there was also a woman who was staring at Franky's goods through binoculars....

And again, anyone else think that the Marine who was talking about the bounties was Akainu?
Old 2006-12-01, 21:34   Link #17
chitgoks

zoro says it's twice as big as merry, but it still looks small. looks just like merry.
Old 2006-12-02, 06:30   Link #18
Rageaholic01
Kaizoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitgoks View Post
zoro says it's twice as big as merry, but it still looks small. looks just like merry.
really? When i first saw it, i thought it looked enormous and after comparing it to the characters standing next to it, i'm opretty sure it's significantly larger than merry.

I like the new ship just not sure about the figurehead. I reckon it should stick out more (literally), it's like stuck on the front whereas the merry kinda had a neck.
Old 2006-12-02, 11:41   Link #19
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageaholic01 View Post
really? When i first saw it, i thought it looked enormous and after comparing it to the characters standing next to it, i'm opretty sure it's significantly larger than merry.

I like the new ship just not sure about the figurehead. I reckon it should stick out more (literally), it's like stuck on the front whereas the merry kinda had a neck.
maybe because of that "neck" Merry had an "injury" there once XD