AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2006-12-11, 21:51   Link #261
<3L's_my_boy<3
For the Love of L. haha

Send a message via AIM to <3L's_my_boy<3 Send a message via MSN to <3L's_my_boy<3 Send a message via Yahoo to <3L's_my_boy<3
I have three books I'm reading at the moment. I'm reading all of the Death Note Manga novels. I'm on book 6. I'm reading IT by Stephen King..really good book so far..
And To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. Although I'm not reading this one because I want to.. our English teacher is making us read it as a class. I guess it's pretty good, but I'm not a fan of it.
<3L's_my_boy<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-11, 22:25   Link #262
Stardash

I just finished the circle triology by Nora Roberts.
Stardash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 18:27   Link #263
mit7059

Empire by Orson Scott Card - worth a read but biased toward the right wing
Eragon, finally read it at the urging of my friends, entertaining but not exceptional
I'm currently about halfway through American Gods by Neil Gaiman

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 08:41   Link #264
kyoji-kun
2DestroyU

oooh~! I've also finished reading the Death Note Manga! it really has a great ending!

Pretty Face & Ichigo 100% are some of the mangas I've read recently. ^^

books eh? I like Conan Doyle's "Sherlock Holmes" and "CHicken Book for the Soul"
kyoji-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 11:47   Link #265
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by mit7059 View Post
Eragon, finally read it at the urging of my friends, entertaining but not exceptional
Sadly, the blotched-up Movie blew whatever already slim chance there was of me picking up the book.

I am currently on Sprig Muslin by one Georgette Heyer. Its a period romance novel; with very witty dialogue at parts, LOL-worthy at others. All in all, an entertaining read, even if it has a tried-and-tested plot.

I would like to pick up one of Joseph Conrad's works next, most likely The Nigger of the 'Narcissus.'

Last edited by Lost; 2006-12-15 at 05:10. Reason: Dumb Typo x2
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 12:15   Link #266
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I'm going to see the Eragon movie, just so I can say I did. Even if the movie's not good, I thought the books were great. I eagerly await the next one to be published.

It's sort of similar to LoTR, where you either liked the movie version, or you didn't. ALthough, I think the LoTR movies just happen to be good movies on their own, regardless of the book or lore associated with Tolkien's work.

I'm reading Crime and Punishment in preparation for my AP English exam next week. It's kinda boring so far.
Old 2006-12-13, 13:45   Link #267
leofish
Mia 'cova

Quote:
I'm reading Crime and Punishment in preparation for my AP English exam next week. It's kinda boring so far.
C&P is the only book I've ever started to feel drowsy while reading :X I felt like it would have been better if it was 100 pages less or so.. although it needed all the explanation and development that happened... the ending is good though :X
leofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 12:56   Link #268
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I think maybe I'll just go to sparknotes.com or something....
Old 2006-12-14, 15:38   Link #269
mit7059

I wish I had actually studied/read King Lear, quote recognition sucks

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 16:48   Link #270
LionsMane
Courageous Guardian

Send a message via AIM to LionsMane
I just finished reading "Son of a Witch" by Gregory Maguire. I also readi recently "Catch 22".

I enjoyed both.
LionsMane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 17:33   Link #271
Knightmare213

I've read both Eragon and Eldest, the second book of Paolini's trilogy. The books in general lacked originality because of its heavy ties with Lord of the Rings. However, while still not being able to shake the feeling that Eragon is Lord of the Rings with dragons, it's still a good read. I'll be watching the movie as well...but I have no high-expectation of it.

Right now, I'm reading Sagittarius is Bleeding, a book that is associated with the famous sci-fi TV show Battlestar Galactica. It's sort of a filler between the episodes of Season 2, but it ain't that bad.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-19, 18:01   Link #272
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Just started The Book of General Ignorance (QI) by John Mitchinson & John Lloyd.

It's making me feel pretty dumb but still absolutely loving it nonetheless! Makes you want to seek out and murder all the teachers you ever had.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-19, 18:17   Link #273
Alice Elliot
#1 Yaoi/Shonen-Ai Hater

Send a message via MSN to Alice Elliot
I'm totally into Vampire books at the moment, to everyone who is into those as well (and for shoujo-fans) I would recommend Twilight and New Moon of Stephenie Meyer. There are 2 more Volumes planned. And a movie is planned as well. For more Infos

->www.stepheniemeyer.com

Well it's about a young girl named Bella who moves to her Dad into a little rainy town called Forks. In the beginning she hates it because she's from a big and sunny city. There she goes to school and well, she meets him, Edward, who is very mysterious.

Well, this became my most beloved book and I'm looking forward to the next volumes !
Alice Elliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 23:09   Link #274
Fragile.Dreams
Judgement.

Hmm I'm reading Vittorio The Vampire by Anne Rice at the moment.
Such a great book.
Fragile.Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 23:26   Link #275
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Just finished reading Asimov's Foundation series. One of the many amazing thing about the series is that he wrote the last book of the series after a three decades of timeout.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 04:31   Link #276
Lost

What I loved about the series was the way it was essentially just a series of one problem to another; and the way he (or his characters) solved them was ingenious, mosttimes.
Old 2007-01-06, 21:42   Link #277
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I am reading The Trial and Death of Socrates by Plato (Euthyphro, Crito, Phaedo, and Apology), as well as Biting Silence by Arturo von Vacano. I read Cheri and The Last of Cheri by Colette about a week ago. My brain has started to appreciate reading once again. lol
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 07:09   Link #278
Lost

Well, I'll certainly have more time to read now.
Old 2007-01-08, 00:10   Link #279
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Currently reading: Steven Erikson - Gardens of the Moon

I think he introduced too many characters in a short period of time at the beginning, but the story's interesting enough that I'm drawn into reading it. He must be rather good since my library has some of his other books in this series featured in the monthly read lists. Speaking of which, I should start placing a hold on the 2nd book now.
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 04:29   Link #280
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay View Post
Re-reading Gates of Fire by Steven Pressfield.
Geh, I've read that. Long, long ago when I was too young to be reading that sort of thing. I didn't understand half of what was going on, but I knew it was incredibly naughty.

Tags
books