AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2006-12-09, 21:44   Link #1
phoenixfire92983

Send a message via ICQ to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via AIM to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via MSN to phoenixfire92983
Problem with IE7

Hoping someone will have a very simple answer to this...I just got IE7 a few weeks ago. It works great, but when I want to delete the temporary internet files through control panel it is always crashing. Is there a way to manually delete them on the new IE through windows explorer? I was able to with IE6, but I can't even find where IE is now dumping these files. And I've already googled this with little success except to find that there's a lot of people with my same dillema.
phoenixfire92983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 23:14   Link #2
monster

Hmm, I don't have that same dillema with the IE crashing when I delete from the Control Panel, but I did find a Temporary Internet Files folder inside the C:\WINDOWS\Temp folder. Though I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for.

And just out of curiosity, is there a specific reason why you need to delete it from outside the browser? And does it work when you go to Tools > Internet Options > General > Browsing history > Delete... (or simply Tools > Delete Browsing History...) from inside the browser?

Last edited by monster; 2006-12-09 at 23:28.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-11, 02:21   Link #3
Stalkingtiger777

Deleting Temporary Internet Files

I'm not sure if you fixed the problem yet. But if you haven't, there are a few ways to delete that stuff from outside internet explorer. The first as mentioned by Monstert is to go to the folder where the files are kept.
Assuming you only have one account on your computer, the exact location for windows XP should be:
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\
In place of owner it might be a chosen windows screen name. Also in order to actually see these folders you have to go click on the Tools tab when viewing a folder and go to Folder Options and click on the View tab in the menu that pops up and then in that little scrollable menu click show hidden files and folders and select OK or Apply. You should be able to see the folders then since they are hidden by default.
To check in IE7 simply go to the tab Tools then Internet Options and finally click Settings under Browsing History. From there you can access the folder or delete the files.
If for some reason none of these works, go to the Start Menu, go to All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and finally Disk Cleanup. Select C: drive if you have more than one drive and after it calculates whatever it needs to calculate (which might take quite a bit of time if you haven't been cleaning out your Hard Drive regularly, it should show you various areas on your C: drive you might want to clean up. Usually cleaning up Temporary Internet Files is all I'd select, but if Temporary Files also gets too big you might want to clean that up too. I wouldn't really advise the other options unless you really know what you're doing or you're given more professional advice.

Hope this helps you in some way.
Stalkingtiger777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 00:30   Link #4
phoenixfire92983

Send a message via ICQ to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via AIM to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via MSN to phoenixfire92983
I still haven't seemed to solve the problem. I went to IE7>Tools>Internet Options> and Settings Under Browsing History. It says its dumping temp. files under C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files. The only problem is that when I go to windows explorer, there is no folder called Temporary Internet Files. I did have one when I was using IE6, but when I changed over to IE7 that folder disappeared. Any suggestions?

@Monstert: I want to delete this manually because its getting really old every time it freezes when I delete temp. files or history.
Old 2006-12-12, 02:28   Link #5
monster

If you are inside the folder Owner (or whatever the name is), go to Tools > Folder Options... > View and check the Show hidden files and folders option just as Stalkingtiger777 said to make the Local Settings folder appear. Then uncheck the Hide protected operating system files [Recommended] option to make the Temporary Internet Files folder inside the Local Settings folder appear.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 23:53   Link #6
phoenixfire92983

Unchecking "hide protected operating system files" did the trick Thanks!