AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-12-20, 11:28   Link #1321
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I just wanted to show how there could be happy ending without Satou and Misaki "walking hand-in-hand into the sunset" as Sorrow-K put it. I also wanted to include both Megumi and Kashiwa in there because I don't feel like their stories were really completed, especially Megumi's. And, of course, no ending would be complete without an appearance by Puru.

I'd have to agree with Shiroth, though. It's not a very "NHK" ending, but then neither is a Satou x Misaki happily-ever-after ending, at least not in the overall context of the series up to now. That's why I'd find a traditional happy ending very disconcerting.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 11:43   Link #1322
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Its good to hear that someone else understands. ^^;;

In this case, its where i believe a happy ending wasen't 100% needed to finish the show.. but its an anime, so i believe in someway they think they have to have a happy ending - for GONZO it works out perfect. Like my disliking for what happened with Kashiwa-senpai in episode 22 - it just didn't feel right at all. The scenes with Satou imagining the affair with her worked out fine.. its just everything else - and adding that she'd be a mother just isn't right at all. Then again - her appearance in Satou's mind for episode 23 was pure NHK genius.
Old 2006-12-20, 11:48   Link #1323
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Oh aye, I agree it's a little too idealistic for NHK, but it'd still be nice to see maybe as an OAV finisher or something. A positive 'if you try, you can pull yourself back from the brink of disaster' style ending, much like the brother (forget his name) who nearly starved and ended up breaking his hikki ways and going out to work.

It's not like it'll happen, but it's a nice thought nonetheless
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 12:15   Link #1324
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

The problem with your proposed ending of course is that not many people spend their last money in the bank to run after someone who wants to commit suicide, unless that someone is of major importance to them. A standard response would be to alert the hospital, alert the authorities and if you want to make certain yourself, have her uncle transport you there or something. Satou's response seems too passionate to me.
Old 2006-12-20, 12:26   Link #1325
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Satou's response seems too passionate to me.
Good points. Do you mean "too passionate" in that he truly loves her, or that his response is too passionate to be believeable? It's not hard to imagine that Satou feels responsible for Misaki's plunge into suicide thinking it's because he rejected her. I think Satou does care about Misaki at some level but still doesn't feel like he's "in love" with her or that he wants to spend the rest of his life with her. As far as I can tell, he made no effort to contact Misaki after they parted company in the park that night.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 12:32   Link #1326
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Seeing as though Satou understands that any other way apart from him rushing to the scene would be to late, i believe what he's done makes a lot of sense.
Old 2006-12-20, 12:42   Link #1327
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Good points. Do you mean "too passionate" in that he truly loves her, or that his response is too passionate to be believeable? It's not hard to imagine that Satou feels responsible for Misaki's plunge into suicide thinking it's because he rejected her. I think Satou does care about Misaki at some level but still doesn't feel like he's "in love" with her or that he wants to spend the rest of his life with her. As far as I can tell, he made no effort to contact Misaki after they parted company in the park that night.
Well both actually. I mean, since he didn't sign her contract, they have to explain WHY he didn't sign it if he loves her. If he doesn't, why is he running like crazy?
Old 2006-12-20, 12:53   Link #1328
tehwizrd

I do not like the way NHK is ending at all, I liked the manga much better. The series was good, and they put it all together pretty well, but I just don't like the way they're choosing to end it. Just my 2¢'s.
tehwizrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 13:16   Link #1329
Vicke

Quote:
Well both actually. I mean, since he didn't sign her contract, they have to explain WHY he didn't sign it if he loves her. If he doesn't, why is he running like crazy?
Maybe Satou feels that he doesnt deserve Misaki, thats why he didnt sign the contract.
Vicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 13:17   Link #1330
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1329

Not everything has to be resolved with love. Also,
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehwizrd
I do not like the way NHK is ending at all, I liked the manga much better. The series was good, and they put it all together pretty well, but I just don't like the way they're choosing to end it. Just my 2¢'s.
I agree with you to a certain content - but you have to look at it that is is just another version of the story - the Novel, Manga & now anime all are different in many ways.
Old 2006-12-20, 13:59   Link #1331
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
okey okey im mentally weak i caved into the RAW >.<
anyways lets see what happens
ep24 (final)
Spoiler:

absolutly amazing O.o

and even seeing the clips in the ED song makes it all the better

its always sad to say goodbye to a series and this is no different...its been one hell of a journey ~ with ups and downs and seriously it has been fun

the end was just...nothing too conclusive...well that just gives room for our imaginations to do some work but overall we see everyone changing for the better ~ which is a good thing

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 14:17   Link #1332
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Shame on you for watching the raw and putting it on spoiler

After reading the spoiler, here is my comment

Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-20, 16:26   Link #1333
Kisuke06
I see...

I just watched episode 23. A very good episode. The same thing that happened with ToroToro(I forgot his name, I just remember his nickname on the game lol) happened with Satou... if you want to keep living, you have to work. It looks like his days as hikikomori are already over.

Misaki has quite a past... and now she thinks of killing herself? OMG, the final episode is going to be awesome!
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 21:00   Link #1334
Phlaw
Romance Anime Demi-God

Send a message via AIM to Phlaw
Omg

23 is out to download now.. WOOT WOOT...

anyon know when 24 should be out?

d/l'ing 23 as we speak, will let you know my thoughts on it afterwards
Phlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 21:49   Link #1335
Phlaw
Romance Anime Demi-God

Wow, just wow.

an incredible episode to say the least, here is a couple things i thought of

1. Why does Satou say hes not lonely and runs away. and then later after his friends talk to him in his room (via his imagination) and he discoveres its because his inability to truly discover his failure as a human. But in reality does that happen? I mean the scenario alone is a little farfetched to be put in that predicament, but if you were in that situation, and you had someone who loved you like Misaki does, would you really run away from that? Would you really run away from the only person you had?

2. The catfood and the flower on the cats grave made me sad

3. why doesnt Satou go to see Masaki Earlier, rather then happenstance of being picked up by her uncle?

4. WHEN WILL I BE ABLE TO SEE 24! ahhhh!

--- --------- ----------- --------

Anyone who watched this anime, and might have seen Love Hina as well have a suggestion of what Anime i should move to next, though I will of course continue to buy the manga when it comes out, its nice to watch something else as well. i'd hate for another 2 year gap like I did with Love Hina

Thank you in advance

Last edited by Phlaw; 2006-12-20 at 21:51. Reason: one more thing i thought of
Old 2006-12-20, 21:53   Link #1336
Phlaw
Romance Anime Demi-God

also

excuse me if im being repetitive with some questions, involving the story line, i refuse to read some of your post because it reveals spoilers from the next episode, and there is nothing i hate more then spoilers >.<
Old 2006-12-20, 22:02   Link #1337
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

1: There is no need for you to do three posts - you can edit your original post.

2: You'll have the subbed version of episode 24 when it is released.
Old 2006-12-20, 22:27   Link #1338
tritoch

Its just about finding a niche where people can be themselves and become truly happy.

"Somebody to love"
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 21:28   Link #1339
issei

brief thoughts on ep 24:

Spoiler:

as people have been saying throughout the thread, i definitely recommend judging the anime series on its own merits, and as a separate body of work from the manga and novel (though, of course, heavily inspired by them). with that in mind, despite some hiccups in animation quality and one arc that dragged for me (kobayashi), NHK ni youkoso is very much a standout series.
Old 2006-12-22, 01:41   Link #1340
Kezane

Novel:
Spoiler:
Kezane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gonzo, psychological