Old 2006-05-03, 04:26   Link #22
Legend Ver 2
The Omnipotent One

LOL...bad case of a typo ^^
Legend Ver 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 10:54   Link #23
Elhaym Van Houten
The Warrior Princess

My hairstyle isn't that typical.It is just a normal black straight hair but sometime it would curl up,especially when I woke up from my sleep.Any tips?
Elhaym Van Houten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 17:19   Link #24
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Comb it with gel (if you want it straight). Or shower/bathe. That always gets my hair back to it's normal behavior. However, you might want to dry it, not let it air-dry. It could get frizzy that way. Conditioning always helps, too.

(frankly, I don't spend all that much time on my hair)
Old 2006-12-22, 17:26   Link #25
General_Norris
Ouendan member

I have the most boring hair cut ever. My hair refuses to grow long so I always cut it down all regulary as short as possible. I think it has been moer than three years since I last had to use a comb.
General_Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 18:25   Link #26
Gundam Zero Force

I am sick and tired of short hair . . for the first time in my life I am letting it grow out . . . . I think I look better with longer hair anyways
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 22:36   Link #27
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmm, I've worn my hair shoulder length for 35 years.... so I'm probably not a good source for hair styling unless you like the "lord of the rings"/SCA/motorcycledude look. Mainly keep it clean and brushed... eat enough protein for a shiny coat

The useful advice I have is that make sure your hairdresser actually has a clue about what to do with your kind of hair. My wife (japanese) has had her hair screwed up more than a few times by hairdressers that had no experience with thick-stranded asian hair. My hair is quite fine (lots of it.. just quite thin-stranded) and multi-colored so I've had a few just really mess it up with improper layering. So choose wisely.
Old 2006-12-24, 14:47   Link #28
TronDD
Team the box!

I got sick of short hair back in high school. Had a "buzz cut" for as long as I could remember. I grew it all the way out. Have had a pony tail for 8 years or so. It took a long time to grow out such that all the hair was an even length and it looked ridiculous in the process. So have fun with that.

Now I'm afraid to cut it, if it looks aweful I don't want to have to go through the process of growing it back out. It's become a bit of a pain in recent years, though so I've thought of it. Just don't know what else to do with it.

I recommend good shampoo and conditioner, and go easy on the irons and hair driers. Excessive heat is bad.

Probably not an issue with the length you are considering but I have also found that washing my hair everyday does more harm than good. Makes it dry and stringy. Pay attention to it and find what's best for you.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-24, 16:04   Link #29
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Hair care is up to how your hair is. If you have dry or very curly hair, don't shampoo it very often, as the oils from your head have a harder time coating your hair. In any case, use a gentle shampoo with no sodium laureth sulfate, a chemical that strips moisture.

Since you want to grow it long, you obviously don't want to keep the ends trimmed. I don't know how this thing got started, but getting your hair cut does not encourage growth. Hair grows from the scalp, not the ends. However, take good care of the tips of your hair, because damaged hair travels up.

Beyond that, just take good care of yourself, and your hair will be nice, since it's a part of yourself like anything else.
Old 2006-12-24, 17:29   Link #30
Ending

Haircut once every month, usually every 5th day. Makes the maintenance an easy routine. My hair is simply the way that it will stick to every random direction, no matter how much gel I use, if I let it grow. Plus, it would be kinda messy during winter too, since you have to use a hat.

As to tips, check how the hair flows naturally. Comb and gel it according of those flows and it should be fine. Of course, if you have horrible hair naturally, there isn't much you can do about it any more than you can change your eye-colour.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 11:30   Link #31
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Hey guys, I'm an asian guy and I'm trying to go for a new hair style. Right now my hair top and sides are medium except for my side bangs. I'm trying to get a haircut today for some layering and thinning. I also want my top to be short enough for spiking, though I am not sure how short I should make it. I am hoping there are some people on the forums who have experience with cutting asian medium hair. Are there any tips or advice I should look out for? This is my first time trying to having longer hair, so I don't want to screw up.

I also found an video that with some haircut advice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5zy7BYnHUk
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 09:07   Link #32
LMF

My hair is at Shaggy's length. I like combing it to many different ways. I mostly use the "Slick-back" hairstyle like Pat Riley or Gordon Gecko.
LMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 20:54   Link #33
qwertyuiopz

thinning scissors will be your best friend
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 21:36   Link #34
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I dont like keeping this short hair that I have... I would like to let it grow, but it just gets in the way when I'm playing games/sports

I might let it grow, but there is always something thats gonna make my hair give me a tough time...