AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2006-08-10, 22:33   Link #181
jzmagic
flargansbog

Who misses Fumoffu?

*sigh, i was bored so i decided to rewatch the whole series. i cracked up like a fiend. i wish they'd have an other season of fumoffu. anyone think itd be possible?
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 01:26   Link #182
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Possible, but not very likely. It is more probable that the funny episodes will be integrated with the drama when they make the next season.

Remember that Fumoffu was made out of the humorous episodes that were deleted from the first season and then they increased the series length by adding some humorous episodes that would have been in Second Raid.

Still, it is possible that they will divide the fourth season of FMP into separate humorous and dramatic sections.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 07:44   Link #183
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Still, it is possible that they will divide the fourth season of FMP into separate humorous and dramatic sections.
Well I hope they lean towards the drama a little bit more than the comedy. I loved the first series and Fumoffu, but I kinda favoured the slightly more dramatic style of TSR.
Maxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 15:42   Link #184
Killa_hurtz
THE SousukexKaname Fan

SPECULATION: The next FMP season will contain the events of both DVMC and COMO

(SPOILERS MAY VERY WELL APPEAR IN THIS THREAD UNMARKED)

Reasons why I believe it will

TSR, a 13 episodes series, is based off the "End of Day by Day" novels, of which there are two.

However, in the case of "A Dancing Very Merry Christmas" and "Continuing On My Own", they are both only a one novel story arc which, given the trend of the anime, would equal to roughly 5-8 episodes each, with minimum dragging out time that is.

So what are your thoughts on it? How would it make you feel if the season ended on such a huge cliffhanger of...

Spoiler:

Do tell, and feel free to be as open about it you want.
Killa_hurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 16:48   Link #185
Killa_hurtz
THE SousukexKaname Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxon
Well I hope they lean towards the drama a little bit more than the comedy. I loved the first series and Fumoffu, but I kinda favoured the slightly more dramatic style of TSR.
As did I, FUMOFFU was great, but IMO TSR blew both previous seasons out of the water (pun not intended).

But in reality though, with making the next anime series, it all depends on where they want to make the stopping point, which will be hard to do given the finish to COMO. It is unknown how fans will react should the season not end on a happy note, which COMO does.

They could take the risk and try it, or they could just be waiting until the novels come to a close to finish the anime...no one knows, either choice could turn fans off to it so they want to be careful, you could say it's a lose lose situation.

I personally wouldn't mind at all with the next season ending on such a melodramatic cliffhanger of COMO as it would be insentive for me to keep watching.

However, there is one thing that is half-way certain. The company in charge of animating FMP, Kyoto Animation, stated that the popularity of FMP was strong and loyal enough for a new series to be made roughly every 2 years. This means that at the very earliest the next season could be out in May-June 2007
Old 2006-08-23, 00:17   Link #186
r1c3b0y

Cool sounds good.
r1c3b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-23, 04:20   Link #187
Killa_hurtz
THE SousukexKaname Fan

Plz do keep in mind that this is only educated guessing though
Old 2006-08-23, 06:31   Link #188
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

if they do make a new season of FMP, what will they call it??
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-23, 17:35   Link #189
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa_hurtz
Plz do keep in mind that this is only educated guessing though
I haven't read the novels yet, but from what I've heard from their plots, I agree with you.
Maxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-23, 19:09   Link #190
Killa_hurtz
THE SousukexKaname Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxon
I haven't read the novels yet, but from what I've heard from their plots, I agree with you.
I strongly reccomend them, especially if you have watched all 3 previous anime series. The strong background with the anime allows the reader to have have better consentration when picturing things like characters, surroundings, actions, voices, and the like.

I read both of the un-animated novels in two days, they were simply amazing in terms of plot. Impatience got the better of me
Old 2006-08-26, 13:44   Link #191
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
If that is the case, then I would be satisfied in knowing that they would be creating a series to FOLLOW that cliffhanger!!!

And then we'd have Kami and co and more Wraith and Mao kicking butt and the whole De Danaan resurrection and more Sosuke and Kaname stuff...

sigh.
dpryciak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 01:25   Link #192
datoysterman2

Send a message via AIM to datoysterman2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa_hurtz

However, there is one thing that is half-way certain. The company in charge of animating FMP, Kyoto Animation, stated that the popularity of FMP was strong and loyal enough for a new series to be made roughly every 2 years. This means that at the very earliest the next season could be out in May-June 2007

i hope youre right
datoysterman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 01:27   Link #193
datoysterman2

Send a message via AIM to datoysterman2
i think that theres going to be a series of lil OVA's

Last edited by datoysterman2; 2006-10-01 at 01:52.
datoysterman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 21:57   Link #194
yellowkaiq
~Chrno + Rosette~

Send a message via AIM to yellowkaiq
I loved Fumoffu, as I cracked up at least once during every episode.

TSR to me seemed like a prelude to the future. Looking forward to the next season!

Youtube.com/timelesstroll - Check me out!
yellowkaiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 05:26   Link #195
Sparkliehrocks

I'm not really sure if this is a reliable source, but i came across this earlier today:

http://animeboards.com/showthread.php?t=59750

One can hope, right?
Sparkliehrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 05:28   Link #196
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Nope. Not a reliable source. They didn't even say what the source of the rumor is. If they won't say where the news came from, then it is just a rumor and likely to be false.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 05:41   Link #197
Sparkliehrocks

Kinda figured that it wasn't sound as well, but it sure did catch my attention at first glance. Blahh if only she had proof to back up that statement.
Sparkliehrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 18:04   Link #198
T.V.

Rumours like that aren't substantial, so don't bother believing them.

However, I'd say based on the sheer popularity of the series as well as the novel content available, there's bound to be another season.
They didn't put out the Tessa OVA for nothing.

I'd say the best guess is next year this time.

It'll be kind of weird though, since the time between the first and last showing will be 5 years, while the entire story takes place in the time span of 1 or maybe 2 years.
I'm starting to feel old compared to the main characters.
T.V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-25, 02:23   Link #199
sunsaero

First post here, been kinda in the shadows of the anime world, and up until recently
I broke my habbits of WoW (world of warcraft) and put my time into anime to keep me away.

I gotta say besides Eureka seven, and bleach. This anime has bar far taken me in, I watched all of fmp,fmpf,tsr several times.
And like for the last 4 hours ive been looking for clues on to hints of a new FMP finding out *rumor control* about the new Series, I got so impatient I screwed up and read the novels past TSR am venting I guess, I found a good source of the translated Novels up to COMO if anyone wants respond to me on Aim ssxair or in the thread. But this forum is pretty resourceful on the topic, sorry if this doesnt go along with what you guys were originaly posting, I just got attatched to this thread.

As corny as this sounds, and as much as I wanna see f***** kaname and sousuke do SOMETHING
that involves intimacy and how pissed off I am that her first kiss got stolen by leonard, like honestly after I saw that in my (sealed windows, door locked sodas, secluded room) I almost felt tainted by it and changed my mood completely, which in ways is good and bad, like, it gave me that indepth dark sense of feeling violated but almost pissed off even as she was confused she allowed it to go on that long before realizing oh yah this guys sucking my face off.(Even tho I dont know him, do I like it?) followed by that Oh yah btw I love you. I honestly thought she was about to close her eyes before she slapped him, just man that tsr really put a twist in it aside from the first fmp. The ending kinda spunged it up but left me hanging right before sousuke was making his move they had to get interrupted.

**Read any further will spoil the surprise after TSR**
For those who have read the novels, like even if you dont respond gotta say I hope they put some kind of twist into the ending of como or some form of alternate or lengthening ending or something cause, as much As I can get into it, it makes the experience so much more when u put yourself into it, and after reading it with nothing more then my immagination what kaname decides in the end after all that sousuke did for her and everyone put a sharp one in me, man I honestly cant sleep after reading the last part after Como. Next novel please!
**Spoiler ended**.

sorry if this post sucks :P
sunsaero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-25, 21:58   Link #200
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Full Metal Panic 3

I heard from people in China that Full Metal Panic 3 is out? (Not Fumoffu, not second raid, but FMP3)

Can someone verify it for me?

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-12-26 at 00:17. Reason: Threads merged. You should have known that if it was out there would be a thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
there is a god!