AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-09-27, 01:14   Link #81
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Galaxy Express 999 ep 5 - extra info

Hi, I didn't have time to include subtitles for the insert song in episode five of Galaxy Express 999, but I put a translation for it online. You can find it here. It's fairly relevant to the episode itself. ^^;

http://forum.live-evil.org/YaBB.cgi?...1942;start=0#0

-Tofu

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-09-27 at 02:07. Reason: Threads merged
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 01:23   Link #82
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

I would swear I've seen Galaxy Express in English...AKA it's been Licensed
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 01:29   Link #83
Tofusensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin
I would swear I've seen Galaxy Express in English...AKA it's been Licensed
Haha, the 1st two movies are, yes.

The remainder of the show (and it's a BIG remainder) are not licensed as of yet.

-Tofu
Old 2004-09-27, 01:57   Link #84
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

OMG There is More to it? Hot Damn!
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 05:25   Link #85
NeverRamza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin
OMG There is More to it? Hot Damn!
3 movies
1 theatrical short
113 episodes
2 TV specials
2 Memorial Specials
2 long manga series

Then you have your spinoff series such as:

Maetel Legend OVA series
the brand new Space Symphony Maetel series
Galaxy Railroads TV series
NeverRamza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-29, 02:52   Link #86
Psycho_Kenshin

Wink

Just watched episode 5, Live-Evil rocks for getting this series subbed. Oldschool anime needs to get more attention. Hmm... think we'll see all 113 episodes?
Psycho_Kenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-29, 04:28   Link #87
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Wow. It just gets better and better. At first I was comparing the TV version unfavorably to the movie, but after seeing episode 5 I can't do that anymore. This was so much better than the movie version of events on Pluto that it can't really be compared. Shadow was truly chilling in this episode, like an undead spirit of regret.

Please forgive me, but I just couldn't resist making this animated Gif
Spoiler for 233KB gif:

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-29, 10:16   Link #88
Tofusensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho_Kenshin
Just watched episode 5, Live-Evil rocks for getting this series subbed. Oldschool anime needs to get more attention. Hmm... think we'll see all 113 episodes?
Yes, we're in it for the long haul. We already own all the DVD sources for the show and hopefully we'll begin churning them out at a better pace very soon. >_<

-Tofu
Old 2004-09-30, 03:49   Link #89
otter

does anyone know the timeline of galaxy express movies, series, and what nots? Or a website with this information?

I've read the original comics (all 17 tankoubon (sp) volumes) and I think the 113 episode TV series is based on the comics (saw it as a kid, don't remember much). However, is the first GE999 movie a sequel to the TV series or is it a re-telling of the series? How about Adieu GE999? Is it the sequel to the first movie? And what about the third movie, GE999 Eternal Fantasy. Man this is getting confusing. The chart at AniDB doesnt help at all.

Any help is welcome thx a lot
otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 04:38   Link #90
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Order is this
  1. Maetel Legend
  2. Space Symphony Maetel
  3. Galaxy Express 999 TV
As for the movies, I think it is better to consider them a completely separate continuity from the TV show. The first movie is a retelling of the TV series with more than a few changes. Some of those changes are significant. I don't know if the second and third movies also retell the TV series or are sequels to it, but they are defintely sequels to the first movie. I'll need to see more of theTV series to find out how they relate. At any rate you should see them in this order:
  1. Galaxy Express 999 Movie: This retells the TV series with a few changes. It has it's own ending so it doesn't really matter if you see the second or third.
  2. Adieu Galaxy Express 999: It picks up where the first movie left off and has a new ending.
  3. Galaxy Express Eternal Fantasy: This one doesn't have an ending and obviously needs a fourth to complete it. Unfortunately that fourth movie doesn't exist yet

Actually, I loved the first movie, but the second and third were progressively less well done. I'd recommend that you not bother watching movies two or three and be happy with the first movie and the TV show. If you need more of the wonder that is Trains in Space, I'd suggest that you watch Galaxy Railways.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-10-27, 09:06   Link #91
NickSheehan

Thanks!

Amazing job you are doing with Galaxy Express 999! Thanks so much for putting in the time, energy and love to make it available. It's funny, because I live in Tokyo, but not speaking Japanese, I'm cut off from all the amazing anime and film I love since none of it is subbed here. I go into Tsutaya, the huge videostore in Shibuya and gaze in awe at all the anime, kaiju, chambara etc and yet it's all inaccessible. Anyway, thanks again. Galaxy Express 999 is a real pleasure!
NickSheehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 08:02   Link #92
Berty28

windaria...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sothis
if any of you frequent animereactor, a kind soul just released all three galaxy express 999 movies via the AR server. (also, 4 of the space battleship yamato movies)... subbed.

he's been doing quite a lot of good stuff, including subbing Windaria and releasing it. Windaria is an AMAZING tragedy, which was released in the states, but dubbed and TERRIBLY mangled, aimed at a very young audience, with most violence removed, a totally different script, and/or different music to make it "happy" for the kiddies.
gd evenin' any idea on when windaria subbed would be ready? I hav looked at the live-evil bittorent site and.. no windaria... yet I hope..;p
Berty28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 17:39   Link #93
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Me too. Last I heard it was being typeset. That was a few months ago, so there's no telling what happened to it.

Please don't ask again or else I'll have to be mean to you and say Do NOT ask when the next episode will be released!

Old 2006-02-27, 16:15   Link #94
gumbaloom
Live-eviL Staffer

Send a message via AIM to gumbaloom Send a message via Yahoo to gumbaloom
OMG THE UNTHINKABLE HAS HAPPENED! OMG THE UNTHINKABLE HAS HAPPENED! OMG THE UNTHINKABLE HAS HAPPENED! OMG THE UNTHINKABLE HAS HAPPENED! OMG THE UNTHINKABLE HAS HAPPENED! OMG THE UNTHINKABLE HAS HAPPENED! OMG THE UNTHINKABLE HAS HAPPENED! OMG THE UNTHINKABLE HAS HAPPENED! OMG THE UNTHINKABLE HAS HAPPENED! OMG THE UNTHINKABLE HAS HAPPENED! OMG THE UNTHINKABLE HAS HAPPENED! OMG THE UNTHINKABLE HAS HAPPENED! OMG THE UNTHINKABLE HAS HAPPENED! OMG THE UNTHINKABLE HAS HAPPENED! OMG THE UNTHINKABLE HAS HAPPENED! OMG THE UNTHINKABLE HAS HAPPENED!

Live-eviL releases GE999 ep 8 !

Gr33tz to Masakari

-gumbaloom
gumbaloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 19:19   Link #95
nonne
otaku

I just want to thank you for subbing this series, I REALLY appreciate it. Galaxy Express 999 is one of the first anime that I watched when I was a little kid and the one that means the most to me. It has now been 20 years since then and I am now finally going to be able to watch the complete series.
nonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 18:45   Link #96
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
Another Matsumoto fan here.

Thanks L-E, even though, herrr, anyway, You' ve done a nice job, as the saying says, it's better a bird in the hand than two flying.
ragnarokr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 13:48   Link #97
YaoiBoy
[Live-eviL] Naughty Boy
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to YaoiBoy
OUT: Galaxy Express 14!!!

From the L-E homepage:

Tetsuro and his traveling companion Maetel make a stop on the twin worlds of Complete Mechanization. And true to his form Tetsuro is again beside himself on another bizarre adventure. Is this truly a glimpse into the future of his goals of mechanization? Or some twisted robotic nightmare? Watch and find out!

Get it from the bots in our IRC channel #live-evil@irc.enterthegame.com or grab it off BitTorrent.

File info.
CRC: 81B3084C
Size: 175.2MB
MD5: 494b62d930d0d9071359f06a18d38bbf

Suzaku!

Meow Baby!

=^-^=
YaoiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 07:55   Link #98
suzaku-nomiko

Ohhh! looky what I found!

From the L-E homepage:

Where does true beauty come from? Is there any truth in old saying that beauty is only skin deep. Perhaps true beauty can only shine its brightest in the darkest and poorest of places? It is quite often said that all that glitters is not gold. All this and perhaps a bit more Tetsuro must work out when the GE999 stops at City of the Firefly.

Enjoy.

Suzaku. Meow Baby! =^-^=

File info:
Filename: [Live-eviL]_Galaxy_Express_999_-_Ep_16_[3FE29D38].avi
MD5: b24e5776f6c29bad3d8d8cfbc2c23af760770165
CRC: 3FE29D38
Size: 183,844,864 bytes

As usual, you can get it from the bots in our IRC channel, #live-evil@irc.enterthegame.com or grab it off BitTorrent.
suzaku-nomiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 12:20   Link #99
suzaku-nomiko

Out:Galaxy Express 999 #17!

What truly lies beneath a cold calloused exterior? Is a heart clad in shining metal safe from the foes that may seek to harm it? Or a prisoner of its own defenses, unable to touch or feel? How far would you go for the sake of a friend or loved one? How much would you sacrifice? It is these questions and perhaps more that both Tetsuro and Maetel must face in The Armored Planet!

Enjoy!

Suzaku.
=^-^= Meow baby!

File info:
Filename: [Live-eviL]_Galaxy_Express_999_-_Ep_17_[9501FE21].avi
MD5: 89937211effe76a57453e8432550f44a5f003707
CRC: 9501FE21
Size: 183,930,880 bytes

As usual, you can get it from the bots in our IRC channel, #live-evil@irc.enterthegame.com or grab it off BitTorrent.

Suzaku..
Old 2007-02-02, 17:29   Link #100
vocab

can't wait till the rest of this series comes out and is finished. Thanks Live eviL you guys are one of my favorite groups!
vocab is offline   Reply With Quote