AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-03, 14:11   Link #141
sevenheaven7

will romance develop from now on between Miu and Kenichi? and how old is shigure?
sevenheaven7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 14:48   Link #142
striderm
Adusa #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenheaven7 View Post
will romance develop from now on between Miu and Kenichi? and how old is shigure?
If there's romance between them (which I think is very possible in this series) it will be a slow and arduous process. I would think Shigure is somewhere in her twenties.
striderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 17:35   Link #143
oceankonrad
WHatever

I would say Shigure is more mature. She should be in her thirties

Last edited by oceankonrad; 2007-01-03 at 17:47.
oceankonrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 16:11   Link #144
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
late Mid-to-late 20's i say. if she was in her 30's she would be much more alluring, and taller, and mature in the way she moves (i.e. more out going) well that's my interpretation anyway

And i really have to bid adieu to Miu, you are a nice lass, but Shigure:

"Yuki Nagato" Impressions + Killer Ninja Moves = WIN

GO YUKI-NINJA-SHIGURE!!!!

Old 2007-01-05, 00:44   Link #145
slidingk1

is there any group doing the manga?
slidingk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 06:44   Link #146
striderm
Adusa #1

Eternal-Blue
Old 2007-01-05, 06:47   Link #147
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
late Mid-to-late 20's i say. if she was in her 30's she would be much more alluring, and taller, and mature in the way she moves (i.e. more out going) well that's my interpretation anyway

And i really have to bid adieu to Miu, you are a nice lass, but Shigure:

"Yuki Nagato" Impressions + Killer Ninja Moves = WIN

GO YUKI-NINJA-SHIGURE!!!!

actually...they way that she speaks (and looks) seems more like yakumo (SR) to me :3 maybe thats why i love her more than miu

and yea ill say that shes about 26-28 ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 20:17   Link #148
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
actually...they way that she speaks (and looks) seems more like yakumo (SR) to me :3 maybe thats why i love her more than miu

and yea ill say that shes about 26-28 ~
ahh...yakumo! i love her!

*wish there were real life Yakumo's around for him to meet*

your correct, of course, shingure is more like yakumo!

besides if she was 30+ she would be in the same age bracket as kenichi's kaa-san, the milf she is, around 35-ish.

so if they wanted shingure to be the same age they would more or less, make her seem reasonably similiar to height and style, in my opinion.
Old 2007-01-05, 20:54   Link #149
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
I'd say Shigure's in her 20s, probably in the middle, going by what I recall from the manga about her past.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 20:59   Link #150
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Well, somehow, I found the motivation to write the entry for the summary of episode 12 as well as some screenshots

I am not too confident when it comes to reviewing shounen series, especially on fighting sequences but I hope that everyone who is interested can tell me how to improve on it. Cheers and thanks!

Can't wait for episode 13!
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 22:41   Link #151
striderm
Adusa #1

13 raw is out! Haven't gotten it yet though...
Old 2007-01-07, 04:56   Link #152
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

^ yep it sure is lets see how kenichi turns out ~
ep 13 ~
Spoiler:

awwww ^__^ heartwarming end ~ well it shows that kenichi cant win everytime and that he still has much to learn ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-01-07, 17:41   Link #153
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Screencap for Episode 13: To compliment Deathkillz's summary!

Also some mushy moments which should provide even more motivation for Impz to blog this episode:

Spoiler for skinship from episode 13:

I'll end the screencap melee~ after the following tribute to the incredibly kawii loli-imouto:

Spoiler for moe~ melt:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impz View Post
Well, somehow, I found the motivation to write the entry for the summary of episode 12 as well as some screenshots

I am not too confident when it comes to reviewing shounen series, especially on fighting sequences but I hope that everyone who is interested can tell me how to improve on it. Cheers and thanks!

Can't wait for episode 13!
Nice read Impz! Not bad for an amaeture who has just started watching and _blogging_ a shounen series. As a shounen-fanatic myself, I would just point out that the wording themselves need to be a bit more.... hmmm... vigorous and energetic. For example, describing Kenichi's punch with a term "beautiful" is a big no-no when recounting a fight. A punch is brutal, abrupt, unexpected, fluid, thudding when it makes contact with the flesh, or bone shattering when hits any bones, but never ever ever "beautiful". The describer must enter the shounen-zone and immerse oneself into the world of excitement dictated by how the excitement will trigger a rush of adrenaline. Astrogen just doesn't have any say in the business of excitement a shounen is involved with in general. Hence, the usage of flowery adjective should be as limited as possible any time a fight scene is recounted. One can always do it easily by focusing on the amount of blood, bodily damage done, gore, viousness, or any other equally appropriately delicious violence.

Seriously Impz, nice job blogging episode 12! Kensei is indeed _one_ of the greatest Chinaman since I am fortunate enough to have a few more healthy ("perverted" is the impolite synonym ) friends from China.

P.S. rep Impz if you haven't already. Impz deserves the appreciation.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 19:44   Link #154
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
at the dojo...they are planning something...hell the get the glowing eyes again O.o it seems that they want to make kenichi into a strong person (but due to my failure at understanding its rather vague) ~

Spoiler for To explain some of the things in the ep a bit:
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 21:34   Link #155
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post

Nice read Impz! Not bad for an amaeture who has just started watching and _blogging_ a shounen series. As a shounen-fanatic myself, I would just point out that the wording themselves need to be a bit more.... hmmm... vigorous and energetic. For example, describing Kenichi's punch with a term "beautiful" is a big no-no when recounting a fight. A punch is brutal, abrupt, unexpected, fluid, thudding when it makes contact with the flesh, or bone shattering when hits any bones, but never ever ever "beautiful". The describer must enter the shounen-zone and immerse oneself into the world of excitement dictated by how the excitement will trigger a rush of adrenaline. Astrogen just doesn't have any say in the business of excitement a shounen is involved with in general. Hence, the usage of flowery adjective should be as limited as possible any time a fight scene is recounted. One can always do it easily by focusing on the amount of blood, bodily damage done, gore, viousness, or any other equally appropriately delicious violence.

Seriously Impz, nice job blogging episode 12! Kensei is indeed _one_ of the greatest Chinaman since I am fortunate enough to have a few more healthy ("perverted" is the impolite synonym ) friends from China.

P.S. rep Impz if you haven't already. Impz deserves the appreciation.
O_O oh noez. Well, what you described is really why I kind of avoided shounen series. Impz here really hates blood and vicious fighting, which makes me go totally @_@;;;. I see how it goes, but I think it sounds really painful.

Still, let's see how it goes, ahahaha~ I think shoujo series are still much easier for me to review.
Old 2007-01-10, 06:07   Link #156
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Just started watching recently, since [KnKF] picked it up, so I was curious to see what it was all about. Not much to say about it then what has already been said about it in this thread.

A nice replacement for Muteki Kanban Musume for me. Comedic violence sprinkled with some nice character development. Kenichi is one anime guy I can root for.

Cheers.
Old 2007-01-10, 06:49   Link #157
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Episode 6 was a little "Meh-ish" for me, but I guess that's because I've the manga on my mind more. They seemed to have merged both storylines of the manga a little, which might actually make the future developments a little more interesting.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 11:07   Link #158
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Spoiler for episode 14:
Old 2007-01-10, 12:06   Link #159
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
Episode 6 was a little "Meh-ish" for me, but I guess that's because I've the manga on my mind more. They seemed to have merged both storylines of the manga a little, which might actually make the future developments a little more interesting.
hmm well it gets better...if only these subs would release faster then we could all enjoy the future developments ~ but have to say that ep 6 showing kenichi's oddball family was pretty cute...and imouto chan

Old 2007-01-14, 08:41   Link #160
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

i lose my will to write the summery for ep 14 again as my computer crashed while i was just finnishing it *cries* heres the less detailed summery
Spoiler:

well and so the real training starts...will kenichi survive or will he crumble?

Tags
action