Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2007-01-06, 14:11   Link #1021
Hussar67
Old school NES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty77 View Post
I'm also not sure if sousuke would want to take her back to Tuatha de Danaan since he doesn't exactly like Mithril right now but this is the mostly likely move after he rescues her.
Question: why does Sousuke not like Mithril now? It seemed in the last 2 chapters that him reuniting with Kurz and Mao was a "Yeah!" or "gung-ho" moment (the gang's back together again).
Hussar67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 14:13   Link #1022
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

sousuke said that he would return chidori to jindai highschool, so i believe that he will bring here there and then try to leave her there, saying something about how he is too dangerous to be around them, and she was happy with them anyway. Then Chidori will probly stop him from leaving or something and he'll continue to protect them or something along those lines.

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
~Spike Spiegel
Missilebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 14:25   Link #1023
Jehuty77
Legendary Hero

Send a message via MSN to Jehuty77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hussar67 View Post
Question: why does Sousuke not like Mithril now? It seemed in the last 2 chapters that him reuniting with Kurz and Mao was a "Yeah!" or "gung-ho" moment (the gang's back together again).
Sorry bad choice of words.

He likes his friends but whats his stance on Mithril itself, specially since he ditched them to go looking for Kaname.

its really a minor detial though, Im sure everythign fine.
Jehuty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 14:28   Link #1024
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

to be more exact, he doesn't care about mithril or whatsoever. (black technology etc. he doesnt know a bit of it, and he honestly lives well without it so)
His allegance to Mithril got flawed at the start of ODBD, and slowly getting worse, while he still likes a lot Kurz, Melissa, Tessa and his comrades, just like jehuty77 said.

edit = thx for the precisions, miles teq ^^
Old 2007-01-06, 14:32   Link #1025
sunsaero

Quote:
Wow...you miss a day of checking up on the thread and all the HUGE info drops! Much kudos as always to HunterSeeker; without you this thread would've been dead months ago. And we have our Kaname back!! (And looking hot in that dress!) Everyone, including me, seems to be looking forward to a rescue/reunion at the end of this novel. Here's my question, though: if Sousuke rescues Kaname from the helicopter and they're separated from everyone else, what will they do? As I see it, they would have three options:

1) Most likely, they can reunite with the Tuatha de Danaan and assist in the fight against Amalgam until it's safe to return to Jindai High. BUT, they both (perhaps Sousuke especially) might feel that it would be trading one prison for another for Kaname. She would be heavily pressured to use her Whispered abilities for Mithril's benefit and be isolated on the TDD for the foreseeable future. Even though at Mithril are their allies, Sousuke may feel that Kaname would further become of tool of war, something he's determined not to see happen.

2) Rather than choose a continued life centered around war and conflict, they can choose the path Sousuke wanted to take before Leonard popped-up in Kaname's apartment: they can escape to a quiet corner of the world and lay low. This would be the safest path to take, but would also be the most cowardly. It would also require Gatou-san to create an incident to continue and conclude the plot--but they would have a period of peace together to follow these last few months of pain, lonliness, and alienation before the Mithril-Amalgam war catches up with them.

3) The most dangerous choice to make NOW, but the one they both want to make with all their hearts: immediately return to Tokyo and Jindai High. This is obviously the end they both want, to reconnect with Kyouko and everyone who they've been thinking about since Kaname's abduction; but to do it before Amalgam is defeated would force them to be constantly on guard and further put their classmates in danger as Amalgam would have no scruples using their friends as hostages yet again.

What do you think will happen (if indeed Sousuke and Kaname are reunited at the end of the current novel)? What do you WANT to happen? What do you think will happen if they continue to be separated at the end of this novel?
It's tough to say but, I think she'll go back to the TDD with sousuke, cause with kalinin being around and Leonards condition still unconfirmed, they are gonna have to kill or isolate both before they can live anywhere happily. I honestly think they will go back to school from what Sousuke promised, I don't believe Kaname will be as pressured as you think from her past experience from FMP on the sub, she might even feel like its her obligation to, cause leaving things as they are will only prolong they're inability of happyness/peace and safety cause if they can find her in Jindai I don't think finding her anywhere else in the world would be that much of a problem. Especially since they all have the ability to communicate via Physce, not sure if that would be like a tracer, seing where she is if they concentrate hard enough or something. Something else to think of is, not sure if anyone else had thought of it, but I get this feeling like shes gonna get a case of amnesia from using her whisperd intensely, like to help sousuke defeat mr.gold or leonard or something in a super duper AS battle.

Anywho so yah my conclusion for the most part is her returning to TDD to finish the fight, *maybe* form amnesia to further the series and maybe even pulling them closer together to findout that there love for eachother is deeper then just there mind and heart, but there souL! .
And yah I agree to, I don't think he hates mithril either, it's just when it comes to his feelings like kaname, pretty much shes the only reason hes
ever gone to the lengths of abandoning his post on that mission in TSR and up until now. He'll do anything to get the only person hes never had.
sunsaero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 15:22   Link #1026
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty77 View Post
He likes his friends but whats his stance on Mithril itself, specially since he ditched them to go looking for Kaname.
He hasn't ditch them, one of the first thing he has done after the Tokyo event was trying to contact them. Since the end of COMO he was thinking that Mithril was destroyed.

But it's also true that at the end of COMO he wasn't sure if he really wanted to continue working for Mithril.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sx3
well now that we know what happened in this chapter, how long till next one
We won't have new info before the end (probably the 29) of the month.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 15:40   Link #1027
Jehuty77
Legendary Hero

is what we got from HunterSeeker all the info were getting for now?
like until the next chapter.
Old 2007-01-06, 16:17   Link #1028
Hussar67
Old school NES

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsaero View Post
Something else to think of is, not sure if anyone else had thought of it, but I get this feeling like shes gonna get a case of amnesia from using her whisperd intensely, like to help sousuke defeat mr.gold or leonard or something in a super duper AS battle.
I don't know about amnesia, but perhaps a result of too much "resonance" or a malevolent side-effect of Whispered-ness could be mental instability. Remember the very first Whispered we saw, the girl in the hospital gown Sousuke and Mithril rescued in the first episode of the first TV series? Amalgam's attempts to artificially bring out her powers led to a definite mental breakdown -- Kaname's Whispered powers emerged (consciously) after her time in their "pod".

Spoiler:

also:

Spoiler:

Also, remember Tessa's warning to Kaname when she visited Merida Island. Too much or too deep resonance will lead to a potential amalgamation (haha ) of the Whispereds' personalities. So far, we've never gotten close to seeing something like that occur with the Whispereds we've met, but it was a foreshadowing of bad consequences for Whispered-ness.

Last edited by Hussar67; 2007-01-06 at 17:54. Reason: link added
Old 2007-01-06, 16:42   Link #1029
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I don't know about amnesia, but perhaps a result of too much "resonance" or a malevolent side-effect of Whispered-ness could be mental instability. Remember the very first Whispered we saw, the girl in the hospital gown Sousuke and Mithril rescued in the first episode of the first TV series? Amalgam's attempts to artificially bring out her powers led to a definite mental breakdown -- Kaname's Whispered powers emerged (consciously) after her time in their "pod"

Spoiler:
i dunno if it was covered by the novel, but in the manga, kaname had "several selfs" in various situations.
Spoiler:

we can safely say that the black technology is not a gift at all.
Old 2007-01-06, 17:36   Link #1030
Hussar67
Old school NES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Spoiler:
Not quite: I was referring to the episode before the one you are referring to, wherein Kaname rips the clothes on her chest open when she's freaking out. This is right after Sousuke left Kana and Kurz to burn the message for Mithril's satellite to see and before the Arbalest arrives. I added a link up above in the top spoiler of my last post, give it a look at 8:34 in.

Last edited by Hussar67; 2007-01-06 at 17:57. Reason: link added
Old 2007-01-06, 18:01   Link #1031
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Not quite: I was referring to the episode before the one you are referring to, wherein Kaname rips the clothes on her chest open when she's freaking out. This is right after Sousuke left Kana and Kurz to burn the message for Mithril's satellite to see and before the Arbalest arrives. I added a link up above in the top spoiler of my last post, give it a look at 8:34 in.
yup, i thought so, i mixed up the number though >_> (gah... long time i didn't watch the first season...)
but i guess this peculiar moment was a second side effect, not the whispers "yet". (i can be wrong )
Old 2007-01-07, 00:21   Link #1032
sunsaero

Yah.. I totally forgot about that in the eps where she felt like she was losing herself, im not sure if it's like a dark side to her, I just think when she smashed her head she was like blacking out or going into a trance like state she wanted to avoid cause it was technically the first time she had encounterd or experienced all of that information at once.

And seemed a bit more in control of it when she merged with the sub. I don't know maybe im just thinking to much into it. Or maybe that was a clue in FMP in the first EPS, it just seems like the author kind of left it alone cause she showed no resemblance of her whisperd except when Kanames friend (can't remember her name for the life of me) mentioned in TSR how she scored so high on the Math and science with kaname replying must be whisperd powers, and from COMO she kind of snapped at Sousuke when she said something along the lines of everyone being so slow all the time, can't remember the details but it was something around that, and it was only for like a phew seconds before I think she snapped outta it or subject changed. Aside from that, thats all I can remember.

But yah all in all, pretty much think it boils down to her being 17 with an IQ of like 400(when she accesses her whisperd).. I mean going past what 180 like Einstein, they said he couldn't tie his own shoes, imagine having the ability to access something greater then that, and what kind of personality you would have or what that kind of trauma that could cause to your human side or basic functions which I think is why she loves sousuke so much and why she finally decides to go to him cause he pretty much keeps her in reality since love is the strongest bond between anyone or anything and most irrational imo... All that leading to another question.. as to how the F*** or who the had that kind of advanced technology in the first place.. To implament that 20 years ago and technically being 20-30 years more advanced then what is already out there considering she had it before she was born, being 17 now, and still being 10 years in advanced give or take a phew.. Would really like to find that bit out if anyone knows please share . I don't know dont read into it to much im just bored and letting my thoughts wonder lol :/
sunsaero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 07:42   Link #1033
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missilebuster View Post
hunterseeker i beg to differ on the super robot stuff, he may be new to the machine, but he is using the same lambda driver (which i assume he knows how to use now cz he's pwning with it) im guessing that he is using the lambda driver much of the time that you think it is rediculous, and even if he isnt the engine is super high output so it would be able to do some rediculous stuff.
I disagree. The point is not what is the Lambda Driver, it's the STATE of his control over the Lambda Driver.
Only a few times Sousuke had unleashed the full power of the LD because:
In BMG (vs Gauron's Codarl) and ONS (vs Benemoth), he's guided by Chidori of how to use LD;
In Episode 17 of the first season, he saw all his teammates are killed by Gauron mercilessly;
In DBD he had got his "source of power" come back after he saw Chidori alive;
In AVDMC he can't bear the risk of everyone onboard being drowned if the torpedo hits.
But honestly, what's his "source of power to control the LD" in this case? At least right now I don't. Think about it: As good as Sousuke and AL's teamup in the past, Arbalest was still scrapped by Verial without its LD activiated. As such, I can't really see the reason of Laevatein being so overpowered right now.

Besides, think about Nadesico. With the system onboard the ships and mechas, they'll have almost infinite power sources for their Disortion Fields with proper output, yet they can't do crazy stuff like punching through the humanoid mechas (appears late in the series) with the D-Fields.

As for the full-load spoilers, well I'm still waiting for that as well. But I bet if they'll return to Jindai immediately after their reunion, with some reasons.
1. The Student Union's head was changed in COMO, so there'll be little people will help SOusuke in case of danger.
2. Amalgam can portray the schooljack once more.
As such, unless Amalgam is paralyzed at the end, I believe it'll be better for them to stay inside TDD.

In addition to the info about Codarls:
Gauron's first Codarl is Codarl (Codename Venom in Mithril Database).
His second, red one is Codarl-i (Also called Venom, but different as Codarl for reference's sake in SRWJ).
Gates is piloting another Codarl-i, if the reference of TSR is correct. The grunts afterwards pilot Codarl-m (Mass-production type), but seems little difference to the first Codarl.
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 13:07   Link #1034
Jehuty77
Legendary Hero

Just thought I'd throw out this question, since we've got another month to wait for more new news.

Has anyone come up with a timeline of where the short stories take place within the main plot.
Old 2007-01-07, 14:14   Link #1035
Urzu-Seven
In Iraq in: 3 months

So much just happened in the past two days. Crazy.
Urzu-Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 16:22   Link #1036
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Okay, a few of you have come close to saying it, and only one really has: Sousuke is not wanted back at Jindai. The students want Kaname back. They want their peaceful lives back. They now associate Sousuke with Kyouko's near-fatal injuries.

And I think Sousuke respects their decision. Kaname and perhaps Kyouko herself (if she feels especially forgiving, or cares enough about Kaname to want her to be happy) are the only two people that come to mind that will want Sousuke to stay. I think Sousuke has already made up his mind. It's going to take a lot to change it.

Perhaps Kaname will leave Jindai and go somewhere quiet with Sousuke. Perhaps Sousuke will leave to destroy the remnants of Amalgam, and return when the world's a more peaceful place. Perhaps Sousuke will become a world-class politician and end the cold war that's still going on in their universe. There's many possibilites, and I think Gatou can spin the story in any direction and keep it going at this point. He hasn't backed himself into a corner yet, amazingly enough.
Old 2007-01-07, 16:28   Link #1037
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker View Post
I disagree. The point is not what is the Lambda Driver, it's the STATE of his control over the Lambda Driver.
Only a few times Sousuke had unleashed the full power of the LD because:
In BMG (vs Gauron's Codarl) and ONS (vs Benemoth), he's guided by Chidori of how to use LD;
In Episode 17 of the first season, he saw all his teammates are killed by Gauron mercilessly;
In DBD he had got his "source of power" come back after he saw Chidori alive;
In AVDMC he can't bear the risk of everyone onboard being drowned if the torpedo hits.
But honestly, what's his "source of power to control the LD" in this case? At least right now I don't. Think about it: As good as Sousuke and AL's teamup in the past, Arbalest was still scrapped by Verial without its LD activiated. As such, I can't really see the reason of Laevatein being so overpowered right now.
But we really dont know how accustomed to the lambda driver sousuke has become, maybe he finally can activate it simply by sheer will (force those brain waves out). Also we don't know what he was thinking about at the moments he was/could have been using it as all we have to read are spoilers *waiting for translations is killing me*, so we dont know if he did in fact have proper emotional input (and output) (could be from seeing chidori being taken away from him yet again, i know i would produce some killer brain waves if that happened to me).

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
~Spike Spiegel
Missilebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 21:48   Link #1038
masterwok

well im just waiting for tuesday to come bc thats when i want to get the second volume of tsr.
masterwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 22:47   Link #1039
Jehuty77
Legendary Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota View Post
Okay, a few of you have come close to saying it, and only one really has: Sousuke is not wanted back at Jindai. The students want Kaname back. They want their peaceful lives back. They now associate Sousuke with Kyouko's near-fatal injuries.

And I think Sousuke respects their decision. Kaname and perhaps Kyouko herself (if she feels especially forgiving, or cares enough about Kaname to want her to be happy) are the only two people that come to mind that will want Sousuke to stay. I think Sousuke has already made up his mind. It's going to take a lot to change it.

Perhaps Kaname will leave Jindai and go somewhere quiet with Sousuke. Perhaps Sousuke will leave to destroy the remnants of Amalgam, and return when the world's a more peaceful place. Perhaps Sousuke will become a world-class politician and end the cold war that's still going on in their universe. There's many possibilites, and I think Gatou can spin the story in any direction and keep it going at this point. He hasn't backed himself into a corner yet, amazingly enough.
I'm gonna have to say this sounds pretty much dead on. Jindai in all likely hood doesnt want Sousuke back. Its unfair for the kids to blame Sousuke for what happened because thats naieve, but thats what kids are sometimes. They associate him with all the bad thats happened. Hard to draw the line sometimes because he had caused alot of other havoc in the passed they seemed to forgive but this time Kyouko got hurt and thats serious.

Sousuke might take her home and then leave. Its hard to say whether Kaname is ready to give up Kyouko and who ever else shes friends with to be with Sousuke.

One possibility is him taking Kaname back home and leaving but then everyone sees how depressed Kaname is so they agree to forgive him. But this is jsut speculation which is all we can do at this point.

It would be a real shame if this series ended like alot of anime series, where the love plot is not resolved at all. And the hero just leaves the girl to live her life without him.

I really do hope somehow everything works out.

On a totally unrelated note I'm also waiting for the new TSR disc, cant wait.
Old 2007-01-08, 03:12   Link #1040
jimbo98765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota View Post

even if the kids dont want sousuke back, if he's order to, then he will be. the chaos was done by amalgam. not mithrill. if mithrill were to let chidori alone and not sent sousuke, it wouldnt make much of a difference in the mission objectives, chaos or not. the kids' feelings are not important. what important is the mission. u all just want some drama rama. is chidori chose friends at home or sousuke coz maybe she'll go where ever he'll go. if there will be major drama rama, then the author will be doing a bad job. he already over did a little with leavithien or wateva the name is. it will be too much unrealistic.

Last edited by jimbo98765; 2007-01-08 at 03:31.
jimbo98765 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen