Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-12-22, 17:38   Link #101
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
Anyone here heard Aizome single?

I thought it'd be Noto Mamiko (Ai's seyuu) but instead it is sung by savage genius...

strange...

Anyone knows if there will be a Noto Mamiko's version?
I'm confused about this as well. I was assuming that the Noto Mamiko version will be released at some point... at least I hope so because honestly I think the singer from Savage Genius has a really annoying voice.
Jewelray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 20:01   Link #102
Sakuya
*Artist

All I can find for Aizome (the full version) by Noto Mamiko is on the Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori OST with a release on January 24.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SVWC-7440

The official site has some listening samples:
http://www.jigokushoujo.com/cdvideo/index.html#ost3
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 21:45   Link #103
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
All I can find for Aizome (the full version) by Noto Mamiko is on the Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori OST with a release on January 24.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SVWC-7440

The official site has some listening samples:
http://www.jigokushoujo.com/cdvideo/index.html#ost3
Well
Thinking back, it makes sense.

The ending song of the first season ("Karinui") also came with the OST

Savage Genius is not bad, but Noto Mamiko is better for my taste.
Old 2006-12-23, 10:27   Link #104
wrex_japan

Jigoku Shoujo ep. 12

Ep. 12 screencaps and summary.

Not as good as the past three episodes, but we get a glimpse into Wanyuudo's past and another small twist.
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-25, 18:23   Link #105
Sakuya
*Artist

That's not fair, Kikuri just appeared and she already saw Grandma before we could see her. Why don't they show her anyway? I think that's pretty strange. Interesting episode though.
Old 2006-12-29, 16:35   Link #106
-EV-
NSX Commander

Send a message via MSN to -EV-
Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
Anyone here heard Aizome single?

I thought it'd be Noto Mamiko (Ai's seyuu) but instead it is sung by savage genius...

strange...

Anyone knows if there will be a Noto Mamiko's version?
That was such a dissapointment u__________u
-EV- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 17:39   Link #107
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 12. The Black Wheel Track

This particular episode was felt much depressing, because of the atmosphere. The night sky was totally cloudy just as it happens to be right now today where I live.

Putting that aside, I think it was a good in-scope episode for Wanyuudou's mysterious past.

Actually, I might add that when Wanyuudou expressed nostalgia riding on the road was because it is exactly the same road where his master died centuries ago.

The analogies and references are too literally explicit to make clear connection about what was the wheel on fire related to whom.

Other nice catches for this episode were that two other songs from the third soundtrack were introduced.
1. The piano rendition for Aizome played near the end of the episode.
2. Another theme for Kikuri played when she pokes at the dead, old-man's head.

The more I watched Kikuri's behavior, the more I'm getting convinced she's just a straightforward bratty hellspawn and only wants to play that's all.
It was quite funny when Hone Onna asked her to get some flowers for the old man, and Kikuri goes to Hone Onna's hair dressing and the latter protests not that ones.

As we can see this is the second, overall to the Jigoku Shoujo anime, that no one goes to hell, and we're presented diferent situations as how requests are granted or invalidated.
In both episode five of the live-action TV drama and episode seven of the second season the respective clients died before having the chance to pull the string, and in this one the target dies before the client can pull the string, therefore, invalidating the whole contract.

At that point, it is clear that Ai and her associates no longer have ruling as that soul is out of their bounds and to be judged by someone else. However, what happens to the client if he/she summons the Jigoku Tsusshin services but has his/her contracted nullified when the target naturally or by accident dies before the string is being pulled?
For sure the client won't be going to hell, but I do not know he/she is going to heaven either.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 22:04   Link #108
Sakuya
*Artist

Haha, episode 13 has Enma Ai giving the peace/victory sign. That was funny, although it wasn't meant to be.
Old 2007-01-07, 05:13   Link #109
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
Haha, episode 13 has Enma Ai giving the peace/victory sign. That was funny, although it wasn't meant to be.
Yeah, I laughed out loud too... that and the oden cart scene between Ai and Kikuri was funny too. Here are screenshots and summary of episode 13.

The scene between Kikuri and Ai at Wanyuudo's oden cart was funny too. I also like how active Kikuri was in this episode... she's still kinda creepy at times, but she's beginning to grow on me.

Last edited by wrex_japan; 2007-01-07 at 10:36. Reason: added summary info
Old 2007-01-07, 12:10   Link #110
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 13. The V Tragedy

For starters I do liked this episode for many changes either cosmetic or role-playing this time.

First. The stalker and chasing sequence at the very beginning was a perfect boost to start up the episode on quite contrary to how several other episodes started either with the client making his/her mind to access the Jigoku Tsusshin, the client having already suffered a fatality, or the more traditional setting with the client having a nice day prior to be victimized.

The background song for that sequence also did not sound as if were the typical serial killer music or scary song.

Second. Ai became more personally involved with the investigations performed by the Sanwara and letting out more voicing roles for each episode.

Third. Kikuri as creepy and naughty she's getting more (not forgetting sometimes irritating), she's warming up more with the research team to be an active member, though if only to earn some joy at the expense of pulling a childish prank to someone's misfortune.

However, Kikuri plays out an unexpected twist near the end, that seals the client's fate to regret his hopelessness.

Fourth. I was a little slow to get what was the other price that Kihachi has had to pay.
Spoiler:

Fifth. The gold moments.
A) At Wanyuudou's oden cart, Ai beating to Kikuri the last wiener. The gold of that scene was all the drama invested on the shot where Ai takes a bite from the wiener.
This reminds me to a similar moment in Death Note where the camera pans on Light to the moment he's opening the bag of chips, then taking a bite with drama fashion.

B) Kikuri's contempt expression when she sees Ai eating her sausage in front of her eyes.

C) Ai flashing the V sign.

For a trivia.
The guy who was beaten by Ren in this episode looks awfully similar to another character from Jigoku Shoujo season one, episode seven.

Remember that episode about the drama queen girl who was in acting only to get the fortune of her step-mother. Remember that she had two thugs as companions who she employed to mess the voice of another actress her step-mother chose for the lead role in a play instead of the jealous drama queen.

-------

wrex_japan to the question you made in your blog:

True. I just cannot fathom why would anyone starts a killing spree just because a bunch of dorks were flashing the V signs. On the other hand, put yourself on the victim's situation.

It's not because those guys were with the V stuff, it's because they were making fools of themselves just to get attention in front of the camera showing no respect or gentleness at all for that man's fatality.

How would you feel if suddenly your family falls victim to a monstruous fatality out of a sudden or you being witness to their deaths, then your tragedy becomes the news of the week and broadcasted all over the local region on TV.
At the scene of the tragedy there are the wreckage, the reporters and cameramen, a pile of people who want to view for themselves what happened, and you.
Then, you see that some guys are just fooling around lousy and noisily at the scene of the accident and only to get attention not caring to keep their distance or silence to show respect or cope for a moment with your loss.
What would be your first reaction then?
Old 2007-01-07, 18:22   Link #111
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Fourth. I was a little slow to get what was the other price that Kihachi has had to pay.
Spoiler:
Yes, that sounds like another price.

Quote:
wrex_japan to the question you made in your blog:

True. I just cannot fathom why would anyone starts a killing spree just because a bunch of dorks were flashing the V signs. On the other hand, put yourself on the victim's situation.

It's not because those guys were with the V stuff, it's because they were making fools of themselves just to get attention in front of the camera showing no respect or gentleness at all for that man's fatality.

How would you feel if suddenly your family falls victim to a monstruous fatality out of a sudden or you being witness to their deaths, then your tragedy becomes the news of the week and broadcasted all over the local region on TV.
At the scene of the tragedy there are the wreckage, the reporters and cameramen, a pile of people who want to view for themselves what happened, and you.
Then, you see that some guys are just fooling around lousy and noisily at the scene of the accident and only to get attention not caring to keep their distance or silence to show respect or cope for a moment with your loss.
What would be your first reaction then?
My first reaction would be to be pissed. But I may forgive them for being idiots, as many young people are, and I should know better, being an older and more mature person. If I were REALLY bothered by it, then maybe when the reporters came around to interview me, I'd express my feelings about the subject so that hopefully they'd feel regret. I WOULD NOT go around killing them, even if I knew I would only have months to live.

That being said, however, I realize that this show is like a morality play, and it may try to teach lessons as well. It's an extreme case, but hopefully people would learn to control themselves and think about the situation before doing stupid things like fooling around before the cameras before a tragic scene.
Old 2007-01-14, 12:56   Link #112
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 14. The Peaceful Lakeside

wrex_japan: Ep. 14 screencaps and summary

Another fantastic episode, because the focus was on the morality conflict that ensues on Takuma whether he should hate and grudge the victimizer with the Jigoku Tsusshin or let justice to be carried out by human law.

The cliché and whole routine of the Jigoku Shoujo carrying out the vengeance was much minimized for this episode, and that's good for another change.

The interesting and new twist introduced is that not only Takuma but also Sayaka, Kakinuma's former mistress, had a fierce grudge on that jerk and both contacted the Jigoku Tsusshin to clear their grudge. In summary, two clients holding the same grudge towards the same target.

Another interesting twist is that Kikuri handled out Takuma's case without Ai's interference. In fact, Ai told Wanyuudou not to interfere with Kikuri.

Just like wrex_japan I'm also wondering if Kikuri influenced Takuma not to pull the string, and the resulting outcome was it unintentional or deliberate from her part so as for Takuma to suffer a hell on Earth?

Certainly, the evil smile she gives him at the end would look, that she blatantly manipulated him into a misfortune. However, it's important two raise in consideration two principles that were brought throughout the episode.

1. Takuma talks to Kikuri to stop drawing sketches of dismembered or hanged figures, because it's bad to wish for the death or misfortune of another person. Kikuri counters that is fun, and he himself holds a grudge towards someone.

When Takuma is given the hell doll Kikuri steps in, as if she truly interfered, and counters Takuma with his same words he had spoken to her- he should not send another person to hell because that would be bad and thus making him an evil person too.

2. This triggers on Takuma the words his father spoke to him. That he should never hate or hold a grudge against anyone, and let the law to handle evildoers.

It's important to address that the words Takuma's father told him weighed much more on Takuma for an important reason. His father truly acted and behaved like a parent to him. His father never doubted him nor blamed for his wife's, Takuma's mother, death.

Not at once did his father was swayed by the neighbors's gossip. True, it's most likely that his father did not completely believe him about Kakinuma killing his mother when he eavesdropped Sayaka's conversation with Kakinuma.

But his father truly loved him all the way to the end, particularly that if a true parent gives words of wisdom to his or her children is because cares for them.

Conclusion, Kikuri's evil smile might be ambiguous and at the long run she actually made a favor to Takuma. With her interference she saved him from going to hell, but at the cost of the misfortune to be credited for having killed his father upon the neighbor's eyes, however, like wrex_japan posted, if the police are truly competent and make their job right then Takuma would be cleared of all charges and sins.
Also, it would serve for Takuma to overcame this trauma and crisis, even though he's now an orphan and left alone, because he should had ingrained on his mind the last words his father spoke to him- never hate, never hold a grudge.

As well as he witnessed the person of his hatred vanished upon his eyes and sent to hell.

But IMO that Kakunima was sent to hell did not bring a win or sense of satisfaction, because the target doesn't care to be sent to hell.

And seriously I cannot understand Kakinuma's reasons for harrassing his neighbors and even going that far so as to kill them.
Old 2007-01-14, 18:02   Link #113
wrex_japan

Quote:
wrex_japan: Ep. 14 screencaps and summary

The cliché and whole routine of the Jigoku Shoujo carrying out the vengeance was much minimized for this episode, and that's good for another change.

But IMO that Kakunima was sent to hell did not bring a win or sense of satisfaction, because the target doesn't care to be sent to hell.

And seriously I cannot understand Kakinuma's reasons for harrassing his neighbors and even going that far so as to kill them.
Kakinuma hated Kure-san because he blamed him for his financial ruin. For one thing, he said it was Kure-san who invited him into buying into a house in that neighborhood, but the property values dropped dramatically when the economic bubble burst. Furthermore, after the drama series they had together, Kakinuma wasn't given any assignments from his TV station. Though it was due to his mediocre abilities, he blamed it on Kurebayashi Eichi. It seems these thoughts had driven him crazy, so he harassed them, even going so far as to try to kill each family member.

I understand how you feel about not getting any satisfaction if the target doesn't care if they're in hell or not, but it seems Kakinuma had already gone over the edge, so he doesn't really know the severity of his situation. I think that once he starts getting tortured in hell, he'll realize what he's gotten into.
Old 2007-01-21, 13:38   Link #114
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 15. For the Sake of This Country

WRex's Anime Whirls: Ep.15 screencaps and summary

Another great episode since the writers focused more on the tribulations and deception of the client's child and again had minimized the routine of Ai ferrying the target to hell this week. In fact, even the routine when Ai gives the hell doll to the client and tells the warning was cut off for another improvement.

IMO this episode teaches that whatever changes we want to happen they must start within each of us. That is changing ourselves or at least improve our attitude. It's just too easy to blame guilt upon others for the decadence and low morality of our society and in more particular to those who are at charge.

Unfortunately, we always fall to that trap everyday and do not realise that we're also partly responsible agents that contribute to the decay and rotting of our own society.

--- Off-topic

Since Mexico is my homeland, the theme of politicians being all corrupted and thieves is not surprising to me. My country is the world's number one importer of pirated goods and where piracy runs rampant. It is a heaven for narcos (drug smuggler organizations), and where the PRI used to reign undisputed for over seventy years.

wrex_japan I used to hate election times in México not only because such ruckus was made but also because once the elections ended months passed away and away, and nobody lifted a finger to take off the insurmountable plethorra of election flyers, posters, and billboards in every city and town in my country; it was a visual pollution.

Good grief that my country passed a bill a couple of years ago that commanded all political parties campaigns to immediately take off their election advertisements once the elections concluded or else face admonition in the form of heavy fines or jail time.
Right after the presidential elections we had last year, it took only about 1-2 weeks for all the election posters and billboards to be taken off in the country or at least in the city where I live in.

In México we have this mentality that we expect third-class citizens to do the menial and minor tasks for us, because we have much more importants things to invest our efforts like, for example, jobs and employment.

We also have this saying, "El que no tranza no avanza", (trans. "He who does not cheats does not makes progress). To summarize in simple words in my country and anywhere else in the world where the masses allow for corruption to run like a plague you're a hopeless loser if you're honest and possess principles, but you'll always be a winner and make it through life if you bend the rules and ethics to your personal advantage.

A Japanese member in this messageboard explained to me that since 1955 the Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) has been the undisputed, governing political party in Japan and many times has failed to fulfill its promises to the people.

Considering that before the 2000 Mexican elections the PRI was the undisputed, governing political party for 71 years, had the PRI won the 2000 elections in my country it would had beaten the Communist Party to the number one position as the longest governing political party in power.
Good to see we changed history a little in my country and the PRI lost the 2000 elections to the PAN, and lost again in the 2006 elections and did so too dramatically.

I guess that outcome was due that people in my country are starting to wake up a little bit and try to better educate themselves so as not to get swayed or bought by the politicians, but still we have some serious mess keeping on and on because it is difficult for people to get rid of the old habits.

I GUESS and predict Japan's LDP party will lose the elections sometime in the 2020's; the PRI and Communist parties lasted about seventy years in power.
And if the people of Japan do not make a conscientious effort to improve just a little bit their attitude when that time comes, then expect for the LDP beating the Communist party to the number one position as the longest running political party in power.
Old 2007-01-24, 20:49   Link #115
Seyluun

All the those summaries really made me wishes the subs would continues. Jigoku Shoujo is far better than almost all the others winter anime.
Seyluun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 00:35   Link #116
Sakuya
*Artist

Don't worry, they will continue because it is not dropped. The OST for Futakomori is released. I really got to hand it to the composers, they've got some really good music in this series, especially the sad ones and the upbeat send-to-hell-related ones! It's not always that I enjoy BGM this much unless it's from Kajiura Yuki or Kawai Kenji. Oh and if you all forgot, this OST has the full version of Aizome, the ED theme, sung by Noto Mamiko (whereas the single was sung by Savage Garden).
Old 2007-01-25, 23:43   Link #117
Neohybrid_kai
Ikemasen, ojou-sama!

Send a message via Yahoo to Neohybrid_kai
I see, I think there's something wrong when I get the ED single played by Savage Genius (its has its own beauty tough, but I still want to hear the "Enma Ai" version ^^)
and yes, I hope this series is not going to be dropped. Its one of the rare anime I still watch nowadays
Old 2007-02-01, 20:04   Link #118
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 16. Desires of a Wicked Woman

Wrex's Anime Whirls: Ep.16 screencaps and summary

Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori ep.16 | Memento

Mmmh... The wretched RAW did not come out until today, so I was unable to review on this episode early.

My faith on the Jigoku Shoujo has been completely rekindled and restored with this episode, and I give thanks to the story writers for such an immersive, emotionally attached plot.

I don't think the last four episodes before this one were bad at all. On the contrary, the writers are making their effort for the late episodes to focus on the client rather than their object of hatred and consumption of their revenge.

My loyalty to Jigoku Shoujo faltered and dwindled during the first ten episodes of season two, since like the rest of themainstream viewers I was (and still do) expecting that they start with the full stories of Ai's associates.
How did they meet Ai? and who were they before turning into the Hell Sanwara?

Fortunately, this episode revived my curiosity for Jigoku Shoujo.

What theme is explored for this episode is the dangers of naivety in the real world. The law of the fittest is applicable and compulsory in humans too in order to struggle and rise their living standards.
Of course we have a whole system of ethics to uphold our morals, but the truth is that a plurality of the mainstream population cares a little to a jack. Greed is a powerful seducer on us to make the system work to our advantage at the expense of others.

Naivety in all societies driven by selfishness and material greed is seen as both a sign of weakness and an opening to stand upon other's shoulders for one to have his or her way just like tha old hag Matsu did to Ran, and what Hone-Onna's patroness did to her (in the past).

I do agree with Garten that Hone-Onna saw her former self on Ran. She too was naive, but ended up paying the consequences for being such. And history repeated itself on Ran.
Spoiler:

Garten I do not think there was an inconsistency.
Spoiler:

It was very emotional and depressing watching Hone-Onna tending to Ran during the latter's last moments.
Spoiler:

It's nice to see that Ai and her associate returned with the old-fashioned scare and trauma tactics from season one.
Spoiler:

The golden comedy of the week.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-04, 12:48   Link #119
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 17. Watching Silently

Wrex's Anime Whirls: Ep.17 screencaps and summary

Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori ep.17 | Memento

If the previous episode fully restored my faith for this season of Jigoku Shoujo, this one has encouraged me to see the remaining episodes all the way to the last end.

The case was very emotionally immersing for the particular fact that one of Ai's helpers took action for the attachment felt to the target.
Spoiler:

And we have yet the poignant issue whether or not the Sanwara are allowed to interfere or not.
Spoiler:

Indeed, Ren found what he was looking for.
Spoiler:

What have we learned in this season up to the current events that unfolded.
Spoiler:

I praise the staff for their choice of music at the conclusion of the episode.
Spoiler:

To conclude this episode explored one of my most interested, and which I was looking forward since season one, what-if scenarios for the use of the Jigoku Tsusshin.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Guido; 2007-03-03 at 09:39.
Old 2007-02-10, 04:46   Link #120
Question
Crossdresser

Holy shit a non shounen series that is going to be 52 episodes?! WTF? Amazing! The first 26 episodes must have been insanely popular!

Tags
horror