Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-28, 11:58   Link #161
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriez View Post
aww~ man, i sense a little personal attack!! just stating that messing with human emotions is the best way to capture an audience, dont you agree? i just wish they could make the anime par up to how good it seems to be~ the bodies are a wee bit rigid..
Come to think of it, I have been pondering if there is something more about Lucia's memories about the time of her mother's death. Maybe the memory is not fully completed, because the tragedy continued and became too traumatic for Lucia that she had to bury the rest of it to keep herself sane and composed.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-28, 14:12   Link #162
rogueblade

Joy! Another anime that i enjoy watching!

Although i am getting SERIOUS Karin vibes from the series...

Anyway, on the first two episodes - i have to say, coming from watching an episode of Kannon, this series really doesn't impress visually. However, i do love the art style, and it's not bad in any way, shape or form, just not up the standards of kyoto animation.
I actually thought the first episode was far too gun-ho. Nothing was really explained, a lot of information was just thrown at you while action was going on like crazy on screen, but i think they've slowed it down massively and to a very nice tempo in episode 2. I have to say, i'm pleased with the charcter development thus far - although you can tell the lolita, pocky eating punk is sort of filler, and doesn't really serve a purpose other than comic relief.

I have to say though, despite the cringe-worthy Engrish
("I'm Break out!" - honey, you might be, but you fail your english class), i loooove the opening and ending songs - what are they called?
Old 2007-01-28, 14:49   Link #163
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueblade View Post

i loooove the opening and ending songs - what are they called?
well ive seen karin but arent getting those vibes O.o care to explain what vibes? ^__^

OP ~ "Bravin' Bad Brew" by Riryka
Ed ~ "Shijun no Zankoku" by Yousei Teikoku

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-01-28, 16:04   Link #164
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:

Anyway, on the first two episodes - i have to say, coming from watching an episode of Kannon, this series really doesn't impress visually. However, i do love the art style, and it's not bad in any way, shape or form, just not up the standards of kyoto animation.
I actually thought the first episode was far too gun-ho. Nothing was really explained, a lot of information was just thrown at you while action was going on like crazy on screen, but i think they've slowed it down massively and to a very nice tempo in episode 2. I have to say, i'm pleased with the charcter development thus far - although you can tell the lolita, pocky eating punk is sort of filler, and doesn't really serve a purpose other than comic relief.

I have to say though, despite the cringe-worthy Engrish
("I'm Break out!" - honey, you might be, but you fail your english class), i loooove the opening and ending songs - what are they called?
Honestly, episode one did a fair job on introducing all of the Venus Vanguard's cast, and I'm not only mean the characters themselves but also to visually show the audience what are their respective personalities.

Episode two presented all of the skills and capabilities that Sumire's Berseker mode can do, plus an overall picture how do the ability to see Viruses changes one life forever as Sumire tasted bitter the experience at first.

For episode three I actually figured out where does the outcome between Yoshiki and Sumire would eventually lead to, given if his character plays a pivotal role in Sumire's life.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-28, 16:29   Link #165
rogueblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
well ive seen karin but arent getting those vibes O.o care to explain what vibes? ^__^

OP ~ "Bravin' Bad Brew" by Riryka
Ed ~ "Shijun no Zankoku" by Yousei Teikoku
Thanks! I'm just fiinding a legal path to buy those now.
Legally. With money.
And lies.

Anyway, about the vibes - partly it's the presentation - the OD for example. It's just so poppy and jumpy that i can't help seeing Karin randomly shoot past in a trail of blood and bikini. The preview bit as well kinda reminds me of that doll in karin, with his irrelevant, light hearted comments and such.
The art as well. Although, i'm pretty new to anime (only having watched Higurashi, Haruhi, Karin, Kannon and this before), so it may be stabdard fare.

Still, it would rock my socks off, if Karin made a cameo.
Old 2007-01-28, 16:32   Link #166
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Anyway, about the vibes - partly it's the presentation - the OD for example. It's just so poppy and jumpy that i can't help seeing Karin randomly shoot past in a trail of blood and bikini. The preview bit as well kinda reminds me of that doll in karin, with his irrelevant, light hearted comments and such.
The art as well. Although, i'm pretty new to anime (only having watched Higurashi, Haruhi, Karin, Kannon and this before), so it may be stabdard fare.

Still, it would rock my socks off, if Karin made a cameo.
It would rock my whole world, if it is Anju who made the cameo.
Old 2007-01-28, 16:51   Link #167
rogueblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
No, wait for it....

Winner-kun IS the master/ultra virus thing. Plot twist!
Old 2007-01-28, 17:11   Link #168
Guppy

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for manga spoilers and speculation:
Old 2007-01-28, 18:08   Link #169
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
anju...the loli who singlehandedly pwns all the viruses is something i would just die to see she wont even need to go into killer mode O.o

and for Yoshiki ~
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-01-28, 18:40   Link #170
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
anju...the loli who singlehandedly pwns all the viruses is something i would just die to see she wont even need to go into killer mode O.o
I would also suggest Art and Ilyasviel as well.

Pretty ironic that I'm mentioning Ilya since her servant is a Berseker class, and Sumire can switch to an uncontrollable Berseker mode.

Put those two Bersekers at the same place, and we would get an apocalypse of loli proportions.

One Berseker who is just normal, and cute/moe girl who sees Viruses. The other Berseker who is a towering hulk, having a moe but psycho loli as his master.

Quote:
and for Yoshiki ~
Spoiler:
and for Lucia's mother and the Virus which killed her.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-28, 20:53   Link #171
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Alright episode 3 subbed.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-28, 23:31   Link #172
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Well, I have see again episode three, but this time it was the sub.

And I paid attention to some details I missed or overlooked the first time.

Spoiler:

My theory on how people become Viruses.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-28, 23:39   Link #173
myopius

Good episode (3). Lucia was pretty goofy in the way she crossed her arms as she covered up for herself. The overall plot/theme of the episode is precedented in anime (and the Bleach episode someone mentioned was in fact the closest very close to a match to the entire theme) but it was still enjoyable, especially since they weren't too heavy on the rhetoric.

Yoshiki is a neat presence. I mean, sure he's the typical gentle/kind guy who is approached/admired by magical girl-type female leads (for which Sumire barely qualifies I suppose), but he's unconventional in that he's a literary geek, and is cool in that he levels with her with stuff like book and what she should call him by. People have speculated on him in this thread, and I pray that those speculations are incorrect and he'll just remain a cool character to have around rather than being swept up to an unnecessary extent by the heavier aspects of the series.

Also I definitely like Lola, she is so more cool than the annoyingly overcutesy or the annoyingly self-important lolis, maybe because she's halfway in between in a unique way. All in all the characters are shaping up pretty well I'd say. Looking forward to next episode if it's what it says according to the preview, that'll be nice to see I think. Wish they could draw viruses (virii would also be a correct word) so they didn't just resemble Blue Meanies, however... Yeah, I like the character designs and art generally, think it deserves better animation (I'd probably enjoy the manga better for that reason).
Old 2007-01-29, 02:18   Link #174
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
The opening too this series is the best I've heard so far in 2007. No whining, no screeching, no promotion, just singing with good accompaniment. Can't wait for the single.
Old 2007-01-29, 02:20   Link #175
kriez
dAydream slAcker

Send a message via MSN to kriez
Quote:
Spoiler:
thanks man.. hope they just steer clear of old plots and develop a good one on their own..~

wanna ask, you guys actually dl the raw one just to watch 1st and dl a 2nd time to watch the subbed? damn, your speed must be good! i always wait for the subbed..~
Old 2007-01-29, 07:49   Link #176
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
Yoshiki is a neat presence. I mean, sure he's the typical gentle/kind guy who is approached/admired by magical girl-type female leads (for which Sumire barely qualifies I suppose), but he's unconventional in that he's a literary geek, and is cool in that he levels with her with stuff like book and what she should call him by. People have speculated on him in this thread, and I pray that those speculations are incorrect and he'll just remain a cool character to have around rather than being swept up to an unnecessary extent by the heavier aspects of the series.
Spoiler for manga vol. 2:
Old 2007-01-29, 09:50   Link #177
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipp View Post

Spoiler for episode 3:
qft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I'm going to be honest, I've actually had you on my ignore list for a while because the Aya Hirano picture creeps me out, so I didn't notice this response.
this is the strangest reason that someone has been in the ignore list, but understandable :P
Old 2007-01-29, 23:11   Link #178
myopius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy
(spoiler, can't quote it directly or I'll see the text)
Thanks, I'd love to watch the series without knowledge of the manga though. By the way,
Spoiler for Just to hide this from likeminded people who may be better off not noticing these nuances as I do:
Old 2007-01-30, 11:04   Link #179
kriez
dAydream slAcker

Send a message via MSN to kriez
haha..paradoxical..~
Old 2007-01-30, 16:49   Link #180
Ace Paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
"Yuri version" of Bleach?!! SOLD!!!

QFE in that it sounds like Bleach. I'm not really into Yuri.. but I'll give this a shot as long as yuri doesn't dominate the storyline.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen