AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 61 63.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 6.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.04%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.04%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-27, 18:35   Link #61
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I'm moving my post and Fome's to the speculation thread for the first time viewers just in case. I also request that any other extensive speculation/prediction kindly be directed in one of those two speculation threads. Since those threads are there, we should put those into good use.
Old 2007-01-27, 21:59   Link #62
foolonthehill

I have a question about the episode...I skimmed the pages so I dont think it's been asked yet, but I could be wrong.

What made the police investigate Misa's apartment in the first place? That really confuses me...how did they all of a sudden decide that this random girls apartment needs to be checked? Did they somehow trace the tapes to her, and then search it or what? I didn't even think they knew who she was.
Old 2007-01-27, 23:11   Link #63
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolonthehill View Post
I have a question about the episode...I skimmed the pages so I dont think it's been asked yet, but I could be wrong.

What made the police investigate Misa's apartment in the first place? That really confuses me...how did they all of a sudden decide that this random girls apartment needs to be checked? Did they somehow trace the tapes to her, and then search it or what? I didn't even think they knew who she was.
Nothing has been specifically stated yet about how L made the connection, but there has been enough information to form an educated guess. Recall, when L asks one of the investigator to follow Light; he also asks him to keep it confidential from everyone else, especially from Light's father. If that investigator saw Misa with Light, then Misa immediately comes under suspicion of being the 2nd Kira. As it was said, the 2nd Kira would try to meet Kira-1. Since L suspects Light to be Kira-1, then Misa must be the 2nd Kira.

That said, take the above deduction with a grain of salt since I've only followed the anime. There are also a bunch of evidence like those hair fragments that aren't explained yet. This show has suddenly taken a huge turn. The upcoming episodes should be interesting.
Old 2007-01-27, 23:37   Link #64
SephirothYuyX
I Am, Who I Am.

Send a message via AIM to SephirothYuyX
Best episode yet.
Old 2007-01-28, 00:02   Link #65
SealedTears
<3 lucy ~Elf Song~

1 thing keeps nagging my mind here, since misa gave up her ownership on the death note. she will forget every thing about the death note and so on. BUT will she forget kira? or what he did to to the person who killd her parents? will she forget that she loves him and so on? thats been on my mind since i saw episode 15 3 times :P
Old 2007-01-28, 00:46   Link #66
foolonthehill

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Nothing has been specifically stated yet about how L made the connection, but there has been enough information to form an educated guess. Recall, when L asks one of the investigator to follow Light; he also asks him to keep it confidential from everyone else, especially from Light's father. If that investigator saw Misa with Light, then Misa immediately comes under suspicion of being the 2nd Kira. As it was said, the 2nd Kira would try to meet Kira-1. Since L suspects Light to be Kira-1, then Misa must be the 2nd Kira.

That said, take the above deduction with a grain of salt since I've only followed the anime. There are also a bunch of evidence like those hair fragments that aren't explained yet. This show has suddenly taken a huge turn. The upcoming episodes should be interesting.
I suppose...but they'd have had to search everyone that Light's been in somewhat regular contact with since they deducted that Kira 1 & 2 met. Seems a bit farfetched (not to mention illegal - but that hasn't stopped them before ). Oh well, I hope we get an answer.
Old 2007-01-28, 11:09   Link #67
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
but they'd have had to search everyone that Light's been in somewhat regular contact with since they deducted that Kira 1 & 2 met
But did anyone else Light has been in contact with visit him in his home like that? Perhaps that's why there was increased suspicion of Misa.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2007-01-28, 15:53   Link #68
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Wow, this ep was completely crazy. More plot twists and surprises than i ever anticipated in a single ep 0_o .... "Goodbye, Ryuk" < what was that all about ? Is he going to ditch Ryuk for Rem ? But what will that accomplish? Or... perhaps by ditching Ryuk he loses all his memories as well, but before that he will instruct Rem to come and give him the Death Note after some time later (after the suspicion has been cleared), and he might regain those memories that way ?

Bleh...that was one mean cliffhanger, i NEED the next ep T.T
Old 2007-01-29, 03:57   Link #69
Jinru
Hideo Kuze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SealedTears View Post
1 thing keeps nagging my mind here, since misa gave up her ownership on the death note. she will forget every thing about the death note and so on. BUT will she forget kira? or what he did to to the person who killd her parents? will she forget that she loves him and so on? thats been on my mind since i saw episode 15 3 times :P
To quote directly from the episode, "The human you love is Yagami Light. Those feelings alone will remain." I guess she'll forget everything related to Kira and shnigami's, etc... including the murderer who killed her parents, anything that had to do with the Death Note. Only remembering Yagami's real life, being the college attending pro-tennis player she became infatuated with.
Old 2007-01-29, 05:01   Link #70
smeg4brainsuk
Ayanami's Concubine

Send a message via MSN to smeg4brainsuk
Question is how will Misa get out?

She may lose all her memories but im pretty sure L aint going to let her go just because she claims to have lost all her memories. Which leaves it all down to Light getting her out somehow. Ohhhh things are gonna start getting very interesting
Old 2007-01-29, 06:25   Link #71
Rei_Battlecake
Kampfkuchen

First, hi to the forum here^^

Then, this episode was just awesome!
Spoiler:

Biggest question for me now is: How much does L now suspect Light as being Kira... We know he once suspected with a probability of around 5% or so, but now after the thing with Misa and probably knowing Lights Connection to her (at least he sure knows that he has seen Misa several times, as we know he lets someone follw Light), how much is he now suspecting Light...?

The other big question is what Light means with "Goodbye, Ryuk"... I suppose he intends to forget 'bout the DN and give it back to Ryuk, so that he can be cleared of any suspicions and so that he afterwards can get Rems Death Note... But kicking Ryuk from the series'd be such a shame, i kinda like the "guy"

"Man needs just one thing in life: Someone to love. If you can't give him that give him hope, if you also can't give him that give him something to do."
Old 2007-01-29, 15:20   Link #72
Jaden

How much is L suspecting Light? Well, he's certain that Misa is the 2nd Kira.
Then, what are the chances of Light hooking up with the 2nd Kira by coincidence? minimal.
So L pretty much knows Light is Kira. What I'm wondering is why he doesn't have Light arrested already. L must be planning to lure Light into another trap, this time to get solid evidence that he is Kira and maybe to learn something about the way the murders are being committed.
Old 2007-01-29, 15:35   Link #73
Rei_Battlecake
Kampfkuchen

Well at the preview we see Light sitting in a prison cell, so i think he'll get Light arrested just because he knows the second Kira, but as he already said before, L didn't suspect Light for more than 5% or so, so i don't think that he now suddenly is absolutely sure, that Light must be Kira and especially, he has not a single piece of evidence what means he can't do anything even if he'd know Light is Kira...

But we also see how L treats Misa, so we don't really know how much he, himself "bends" the law... I could imagine that L will arrest Light but he still has no evidence what would force him to release him after 24 hours... But as we see how L treats Misa, I don't really believe that L'd free Light after 24 hours even if he has no single piece of evidence....

"Man needs just one thing in life: Someone to love. If you can't give him that give him hope, if you also can't give him that give him something to do."
Old 2007-01-29, 16:31   Link #74
Dracil
Yama

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
A request to the anime viewers:

Since some of the anime-only fans seem to be very perceptive who need the smallest of clues to foresee an upcoming event or, reach a very good conclusion (like L), it would be best for every first time viewers to use the speculation thread created for the anime-only viewers. Don't worry. We will read you and shower you with praises once your speculation turns out to have merit. If those speculation turns out to be nothing more than old-wives-tale, then of course, we will ridicule you. Just kidding!

For now, I'm moving djc89 and Pycho Bolt's respective post to the speculation thread to have that thread a few posts it so sorely needs. Will read their speculation once I watch this episode.
Suffice it to say I thought of the same thing they did and was going to post it as well, but I guess I no longer need to.
Old 2007-01-29, 18:31   Link #75
Kisuke06
I see...

This episode was awesome! I wonder what Light meant with "This is goodbye, Ryuuk", a person can only own one Death Note, and thus only "own" one Shinigami?
Old 2007-01-29, 22:12   Link #76
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracil View Post
Suffice it to say I thought of the same thing they did and was going to post it as well, but I guess I no longer need to.
lol.. Sure, why not? Just so you know, if Psycho Bolt and Djc89 do turn out to be wrong, we will look to persecute them and taunt them because they had dared to be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi-chan View Post
This episode was awesome! I wonder what Light meant with "This is goodbye, Ryuuk", a person can only own one Death Note, and thus only "own" one Shinigami?
That was mean by the animators to leave the first time viewers in such a suspense for one whole week. The answer better be good! *shakes fist at the animators.
Old 2007-01-30, 04:31   Link #77
SealedTears
<3 lucy ~Elf Song~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinru View Post
To quote directly from the episode, "The human you love is Yagami Light. Those feelings alone will remain." I guess she'll forget everything related to Kira and shnigami's, etc... including the murderer who killed her parents, anything that had to do with the Death Note. Only remembering Yagami's real life, being the college attending pro-tennis player she became infatuated with.
in other words she will forget all about kira killing and shinigamis, that i know. but i was just thinking kira is related to death note and all that, so it woude be "normal" in my eyes if she forgot yagamior how u wrote hes name to. cuz the reason she used the death note and got the eyes, is because of him. and what will happen after, will she stile go after him? will she stile wanna date him?

well i cant wait for next eps. il see what happens
Old 2007-01-30, 06:19   Link #78
Dracil
Yama

There's one point that's bothering me. Wouldn't she have to lose her eyes as well? Otherwise she's going to be wondering why the heck she can see people's names above their head.
Old 2007-01-30, 08:37   Link #79
anavrin

Talking

Quote:
There's one point that's bothering me. Wouldn't she have to lose her eyes as well? Otherwise she's going to be wondering why the heck she can see people's names above their head.

Think she will lose the shinigami eyes too, coz she will forget everything about the DeathNote including Light...
Old 2007-01-30, 09:08   Link #80
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
If she's losing the powers of the Death Note, including all her memories of what happened - don't you think she'll lose them?