AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2007-02-04, 19:37   Link #1221
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Same here. Bunny's death is still a mystery to me. I didn't know the reason he hung himself (or committed whatever form of suicide he committed) was because of resonance driving him crazy.

Sousuke's birthday is unknown, and he's 17 (going on 18, or already 18, or whatever), just like Kaname, Tessa, and everyone else born on December 24. Even though people mostly frown upon the theory that Sousuke is a Whispered candidate himself, I still hold a candle for him. Maybe, just maybe...
Old 2007-02-04, 23:56   Link #1222
Nur
Nur is Hikari is Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota View Post
Sousuke's birthday is unknown, and he's 17 (going on 18, or already 18, or whatever), just like Kaname, Tessa, and everyone else born on December 24. Even though people mostly frown upon the theory that Sousuke is a Whispered candidate himself, I still hold a candle for him. Maybe, just maybe...
hmm, i think there is a possibility, since K&S attracted to each others, Tessa attracted to Sousuke, Leotard attracted to Kaname, Bunny & Tessa, (Nami and Sousuke?), the point is, it seems that the whispers are attracted to each others..

Or it just coincidence, who knows?
Nur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 01:09   Link #1223
Otakon
True Hero Saves The Girl

nur thats a good analogy and that would be an interesting turn if sousuke was a wispered as well.

and it would make him one bamf when using ARX-8. that might be why leotard beat him cause he has a natural understanding of how to use the lamba driver or the fact that he is a wispered makes him more capable in using the lamba driver.

but what ever happens i still want it to end with nothing bad (and by bad i mean violated) happeneing to kaname and sousuke rescues her and they go back. ALIVE!!

corny but like solid snake said "in the movies the hero always saves the girl."
Otakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 18:09   Link #1224
sunsaero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otakon View Post
nur thats a good analogy and that would be an interesting turn if sousuke was a wispered as well.

and it would make him one bamf when using ARX-8. that might be why leotard beat him cause he has a natural understanding of how to use the lamba driver or the fact that he is a wispered makes him more capable in using the lamba driver.

but what ever happens i still want it to end with nothing bad (and by bad i mean violated) happeneing to kaname and sousuke rescues her and they go back. ALIVE!!

corny but like solid snake said "in the movies the hero always saves the girl."
**Bamf** (high five). Man theres gotta be some kind of connection, im totally down for the sousuke being a whisperd theory cause, I dont think theres any kind of super soldier like him out there without having some kind of influence of sorts or a particular background.. I mean yah.. there are his type of people every day being a young mercenary but to be his calibur of an opponent I dont know unless the person that actually trained him or his every single day all day life of war has given him the adaptability of any situation, or maybe hes some kind of Secret weapon like, when he was a kid or since he was born around the same age as the other whisperds being with the Tiger or w/e his name was they implamented (spelt that way?) some kind of protection program for the whisperds inside his head as reassurance(Since before he was 8 they never showed or explained, expecially concerning the fact that he was in a plane crash found by kalinin maybe having something to do with my theory kinda). But anyways coincendentaly running into what 4 whisperds? Having something in common or feelings for. But unlike the whisperd he naturally accepts it or is to retarded to realize it lol :P, I dont think anyone in this world is as abnormal to any normal situation as he is, but always exceeds in incredible situations like the 5v1 Cordarl-ms in tsr. to much speculation ill stop there, just cool thoughts imo .

p.s. If there was any kind of or more detailed explanation on his life before he was 8 in the novels I havnt seen it which would put a sock in my mouth so if im to far off of a good point let me know .
sunsaero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 20:21   Link #1225
Otakon
True Hero Saves The Girl

i know sousuke only has feelings for one person and when he makes up his mind he doesn't change it, i like that because thats how i am. thats why i like this manga/anime.

i must admit that i didn't like where gatoh was going with sousuke having second thoughts and almost giving up and thinking he could make a life with nami, that was totally wrong.

but also today i was thinking. the mangas that come out in dragon magazine that are aimed at the teens have a metaphor in them and i hope this one isn't like 'don't hesitate on love cause it can be lost.' OMG that would be so lame. sorry for sort of repeating myself on how i hope it will end. last time promise .

also the only one that could stand up to sousuke is kalinin. sousuke "he is a very hard man to kill."

also are they going to introduce the other whispers. or have they already.
Old 2007-02-06, 00:40   Link #1226
Cairnhawk
Weilder of Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsaero View Post
Man theres gotta be some kind of connection, im totally down for the sousuke being a whisperd theory cause, I dont think theres any kind of super soldier like him out there without having some kind of influence of sorts or a particular background...

...maybe hes some kind of Secret weapon like, when he was a kid or since he was born around the same age as the other whisperds being with the Tiger or w/e his name was they implamented (spelt that way?) some kind of protection program for the whisperds inside his head as reassurance(Since before he was 8 they never showed or explained, expecially concerning the fact that he was in a plane crash found by kalinin maybe having something to do with my theory kinda).
When Nami resonates with Kaname at the end of BOMF, she says Sousuke is ordinary, and not Whispered. Go check Brandi's commentary over on Abstractica, it convinced me.

Sousuke was found in the wreckage of a commercial airline somewhere (I believe) along the northeastern coast of the USSR (remember, Cold War is still on) Wherever it was, it was within reach of a Russian submarine, because Kalinin was on the sub and plucked baby Sousuke from his dying mother's arms. From there he got dumped into some kind of (again, Russian) government run orphanage/assassin school, and he was sent into Afghanistan at 7 or 8 to kill the Badakshan Tiger, one of the leaders of a mujihadeen group that was resisting the USSR's invasion. Of course, when Sousuke fails to kill the Tiger, Tiger takes pity on him and adopts him...which leads to him re-uniting with Kalinin again. Kalinin feels really bad about not finding a better situation for Sousuke, but it really backs up the complete cluelessness of our hero - he really, truly has never been in a normal social setting.
Cairnhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-06, 03:16   Link #1227
G_O_P

Send a message via AIM to G_O_P Send a message via MSN to G_O_P
hi I'm new.. and crazily. i took two days to read all 62 pages of this thread.. and it was worth it.

There are many thigns I want to say. Starting off with... Bunny!

From what I read, didn't bunny stab himself after being possessed by voices in his head, i think thats it.

Quote:
4. Everyone get backs to TDD and gathered again. Hunter seemed to be alive after being shot, and he's in a hospital, ready to tell the secrets of Laevatein to a surprising figure.
Who's Hunter?

Quote:
Admiral Borda ... Lord Mallory ... General Amitt ... Bunny Murauta ... a new Whispered ... Capt. Sela (or nearest spelling ) ... Gauron resurrected from the grave (again?!) ... Kaname's dad or sister ...
Who's Mallory and Amitt?

and I'm just speculating and thinking out loud. But have you ever seen Berserk? Real bloody anime, with Guts the black swordsman cutting ppl into pieces and such... doesn't our favorite antagonist Leotard personality-wise, and maybe even looks(hair color) resemble...

Spoiler:

also.. speaking of Berserk, I thought the new laevatein would have a dif. kind of close combat kinda stuff(2 concealed arms are enough for me tho), like instead of a howitzer, I think it would have a huge heap of iron(or mithril? xD) as sharp as a straight edge, and would cut through stuff(behemoths?). But I like it now :-D.

also, it wasn't clear whether or not kaname was in the TDD with everyone else at the end. If it wasn't shown that she was. Maybe she's that mysterious person in the sub (along with kalinin?).

*sigh* it's 2:08 here, and I'm sick.. I'm just rambling sorry everyone. aagh. I'll remember the rest of what I want to say tomorrow. anyway goodnite folks
G_O_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-06, 05:25   Link #1228
MeggieMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairnhawk View Post
When Nami resonates with Kaname at the end of BOMF, she says Sousuke is ordinary, and not Whispered. Go check Brandi's commentary over on Abstractica, it convinced me.
For everyone new to the thread, who is Brandi, where are her commentaries, and what and where is the "Abstractica?" So far I've not seen links to the "Abstractica" or to BOMF so I'm curious where you are getting this information.
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-06, 08:12   Link #1229
Hussar67
Old school NES

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_O_P View Post
Who's Hunter?

Who's Mallory and Amitt?
Answers below:

Hunter is a Mithril Intelligence agent, probably of British ancestry, who was their chief in Hong Kong (he's the slightly overweight blonde gentleman who acts as liason with the SRT in the last episodes/chapters of "Second Raid"/"End of Day by Day").
Spoiler:

Lord Mallory is the leader (and perhaps founder) of Mithril. He has white hair and beard, and wears a monacle -- you can see him in the conference scenes in episode 5 (I believe) and episode 13 of "Second Raid". Status after COMO unknown, current status unknown.

You also meet General Amitt in those conference scenes. He's an Israeli, former member of the Mossad, and chief of Mithril Intelligence. Status after COMO unknown, current status unkown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_O_P View Post
also, it wasn't clear whether or not kaname was in the TDD with everyone else at the end. If it wasn't shown that she was. Maybe she's that mysterious person in the sub (along with kalinin?).
Kaname and Kalinin are not on a submarine -- they are on a helicopter fleeing the villa in Mexico (I believe) where Leonard has been holding Kaname for the last few months. I do not know if Hunter is on the TDD or in a hospital somewhere; HunterSeeker may know.
Hussar67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-06, 16:50   Link #1230
sunsaero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairnhawk View Post

Sousuke was found in the wreckage of a commercial airline somewhere (I believe) along the northeastern coast of the USSR (remember, Cold War is still on) Wherever it was, it was within reach of a Russian submarine, because Kalinin was on the sub and plucked baby Sousuke from his dying mother's arms. From there he got dumped into some kind of (again, Russian) government run orphanage/assassin school, and he was sent into Afghanistan at 7 or 8 to kill the Badakshan Tiger, one of the leaders of a mujihadeen group that was resisting the USSR's invasion. Of course, when Sousuke fails to kill the Tiger, Tiger takes pity on him and adopts him...which leads to him re-uniting with Kalinin again. Kalinin feels really bad about not finding a better situation for Sousuke, but it really backs up the complete cluelessness of our hero - he really, truly has never been in a normal social setting.
Ah ok, great thanks alot for the info, wasnt sure if there was something on him before he was 7 or not, sucks my theory has been denied but not completely. I mean, the whisperd part and all but, I still think deep down theres something, theres gotta be I mean, yah he has been in intense situations his entire life making him the way he is now, but hes never encounterd anything like this before and seems to be handling himself quite well.. Unless thats pretty much what gatoh is making his character out to be a real super star stud muffin (I know that sounds gay but w/e) that goes to all lengths to save the woman he loves .
Old 2007-02-06, 18:59   Link #1231
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsaero View Post
Ah ok, great thanks alot for the info, wasnt sure if there was something on him before he was 7 or not, sucks my theory has been denied but not completely. I mean, the whisperd part and all but, I still think deep down theres something, theres gotta be I mean, yah he has been in intense situations his entire life making him the way he is now, but hes never encounterd anything like this before and seems to be handling himself quite well.. Unless thats pretty much what gatoh is making his character out to be a real super star stud muffin (I know that sounds gay but w/e) that goes to all lengths to save the woman he loves .
To me that just sounds like a guy who deeply loves a woman, who is brave and has unlimited amounts of strife...and a f'ing mech. LOL XD
Old 2007-02-06, 20:51   Link #1232
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Okay, I felt sick today and stayed home. Managed to watch a couple episodes of FMP! here and there. I noticed, and I hope it's safe to assume this is true, that the pilot of the original Behemoth was a test subject for the drug that Gates and his gang use in TSR. It (almost) explains Gate's total insanity.

I'm on episode 17 right now.
Old 2007-02-06, 21:41   Link #1233
Otakon
True Hero Saves The Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generalgm View Post
To me that just sounds like a guy who deeply loves a woman, who is brave and has unlimited amounts of strife...and a f'ing mech. LOL XD

hell yea he loves her, he lost some of his liver and a kidney. i would do it to for her i mean look at her i know she is a cartoon but still shes beautiful, and a good person. if she does anything bad to someone its because she has been pushed to it. everyone has there breaking point.
Old 2007-02-06, 22:31   Link #1234
sunsaero

Yah, the voice acting and character over all is great, really makes me feal sousukes desire for strength or will to protect her, as annoying as it is to watch him pass up moment after moment to do something like complement her or what not, its really great to finallY! **spoiler** See some f*ing progress in there relationship and finally get that GD kiss **End Spoiler**..

If you wanna hear and actually see a different scenario of the voice over and character of kaname in a sense you should try watching ai yori aoshi and ai yori aoshi enishi with kanames voice, even tho its a different guy in the plot and story, (Male voice actor of the kazuma from scryed) its a total romance anime very good, I loved it **If you dont wanna know about her char and wanna find out for yourself dont read this next part** expecially after reading the novels up to the bomf, the character Tina is kaname with a twist, has a huge side of her from FMP the loving wont hurt anyone type character cept in this, shes carefree gets drunk almost everyday in a funny way and... loves outdoors and is american, the anime isnt about her its about these 2 Aoi and Kaoru and tina fits into the anime after a couple eps with a few other females etc etc. ***end spoiler** Its pretty weird seing a different character and anime with her voice in it expecially involving totally different people u might not wanna see it but... I couldnt resist and actually didnt find out till half way through the anime when i checked animeinfo realizing how familiar the voice sounded so yah :P.
Old 2007-02-06, 23:05   Link #1235
aikming

bit puzzled....So kalinin turned out to the bad person?
Old 2007-02-07, 01:48   Link #1236
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikming View Post
bit puzzled....So kalinin turned out to the bad person?
From the looks of the current novel, seems so
Old 2007-02-07, 03:09   Link #1237
MeggieMay

Well almost everyone in the Mithril is/was a mercenary and usually mercs work for the highest bidder. So I'm not sure from what I'm reading if Kalinin is bad, just sold out (which doesn't make him good but might make him never having really been good to begin wtih), or has his own plan going on.

Back to the Sousuke Whispered theory, I do think something is going on there. Maybe he's not a "true" Whispered but then again, what exactly are the Whispered really? I've yet to run into any material covering that out of the novels. Anyway, I'm fairly new to this story so I really was trying to find out where all of this info people are tossing around is coming from. I personally can't find anything on BOMF that isn't on this board, though I think I found Abstractica. Problem with it is it hasn't been updated since 2003 and a number of the links don't work. So I'm not sure how to access the part that's being discussed here.

BTW, I wonder how many people here realize just how hard it is to find fan sites in English that cover FMP in any of its versions? As far as I can tell this board is about the only one that discuss the show on any sort of regular basis in English (that you can pull up via Google, at least). It's frustrating to try and read up on the storyline when I can't find all that much to use as a resource :-/ [However, I have noticed a number of people have suddenly started watching the show on other boards I'm on and I'm not sure why that is happening, though I could theorize about it (I have a feeling that FMP: TSR showing up to buy at Wal Mart might have something to do with it ).]
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 04:23   Link #1238
G_O_P

Send a message via AIM to G_O_P Send a message via MSN to G_O_P
after all that, it's hard to believe that he is a double agent. But there still may be hope
G_O_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 09:06   Link #1239
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

@ MeggieMay

I recommend you try this one:
FullMetal*Panic!
Illsteir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 09:29   Link #1240
Otakon
True Hero Saves The Girl

well as of right now he is on the bad guys side. doesnt mean he wont do something heroic in the last volume.

he does have a heart because remember in the tsr or day by day he was sad to see what that girl had become when she had that little kid run behemoth.

also i remember, i think wikipedia, that i remember reading that he feels bad about him self for putting sousuke when he found him in the assassin school and starting him out in a life on the battlefield.

so who's to say kalinin wont just at the end helping kaname escape. or he is making an obsticale for sousuke to over come,kind of a twisted father like teaching, and become stronger to make sure next time kaname cant be taken away. he will be strong enough this time to keep her safe.*wink wink

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen