AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 65 43.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 44 29.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 16.89%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.68%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-09, 18:02   Link #61
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdern View Post
That's no mystery. I grew up in the country and boys and girls that age could climb such a tree. And climbing it as soon as you see it is a very natural reaction for a young kid.

But I really liked Yuuichi's reaction. That will explain a lot.

Everything just clicked in this EP!
but did you see what kind of tree it is ? If i want to climb up a tree i need some branches for support but there are none and that tree isnt a small one
unless she hid somewhere a rope ...
Old 2007-02-09, 18:17   Link #62
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ Exactly Climbing a tree is not a problem... unless the first branches are 4 meters from ground (which is, more or less, the case in question).

As for what ending we are heading... i have no idea to be honest. All seems to be hinting at Ayu and then some.... but it is not something i would bet my money on.

*Quietly waves Shiori banner in the corner*... nothing to see here, carry on.
Old 2007-02-09, 18:27   Link #63
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Excellent episode. Any first time viewers who haven't given this episode a 10, will regret later down the series! I believe I've contributed my share of thoughts in this discussion.
Old 2007-02-09, 18:28   Link #64
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Every couple of episodes, I stop and tell myself how hard it will be to watch. It always surprises me and draws me in, of course.

While I liked Nayuki a lot, and really don't see how it's possible to route for an Ayu arc, I didn't expect to feel the bear-like, protective way I did when she was pushed to the side yet again. From early on, Nayuki has been pushed to the background, and little clue was given that there was anything going on inside her head. The only glimpse of emotion we've had from her was her, until this episode, has been in flashbacks as she scolds Yuuichi. We've had hints, though, that she's much like her mother, just very quiet.

I was also aggravated when Sayuri was ignored, but while she was incredibly likeable, there was no emotional, moe draw until just before Mai's arc was finished and they both "stepped down". Now I'm aggravated that there was no Sayuri arc.

Nayuki, though, has, at the very least, always been pitiable, and the story ignoring her has bothered me in a more active fashion. Now, when they finally let us see more of her, she's pushed aside. *HULK SMASH*

Ayu is one of the most lovable characters on the show, but I still haven't been convinced that a romantic path would work.
Spoiler for Therefore...:

With what I've heard about what comes next, and what must, inevitably, come, I have no doubt that the upcoming episodes will feel like being repeatedly kicked in the stomach.

I love this show so much. It's like enjoying your favorite ice cream and discovering you have open sores in your mouth. Delicious, yet painful, and yet soothing.
Old 2007-02-09, 18:37   Link #65
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Excellent episode. Any first time viewers who haven't given this episode a 10, will regret later down the series! I believe I've contributed my share of thoughts in this discussion.
I highly doubt that This episode had too many flaws, starting with pacing and mood transition(which it failed to bring across)), for me to even consider a 10.
Old 2007-02-09, 18:44   Link #66
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Consider it a *caring* kiss rather than an erotic or lustful kiss, eh?

But alas this episode did stumble in execution if not in content.... gonna rewatch it for details and comment more if anything not already said pops up. Still stewing on the vote ...
Old 2007-02-09, 18:49   Link #67
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

How is it that I totally missed this in the first pass:

Hint...
Hint 2...
Bonus chance...
Special chance...
Attack chance!

And in answer to skane, over crimsom finale and the cityscape... "the east is burning red!"
(Melancholy of Kitagawa Jun has now set in)

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2007-02-09, 19:34   Link #68
Meophist

This episode is rather impressive. In fact, I'm rather blown away. The synergy between Yuuichi and Ayu comes off very well in this episode, and Kyoani seems to be changing this into something that's all their own.

This episode is something else entirely.
Old 2007-02-09, 20:03   Link #69
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Consider it a *caring* kiss rather than an erotic or lustful kiss, eh?
but the problem is how the preview portrays what happens after the kiss...they are holding hands! (trying to be a couple? )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-02-09, 20:04   Link #70
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
Minus three for the unfortunately jerky pacing, including the transition from Nayuki to Ayu in the last few minutes. Plus one for how KyoAni portrayed Yuuichi remembering there at the bench, and his reaction, which I thought was very nicely done. Plus another one for the camera angles used during 'the kiss' which I felt were very attractive indeed. So a nine overall - didn't take any points off for 'less quality animation' because it was still very, very pretty.

-Andiyar
Old 2007-02-09, 20:08   Link #71
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I wasn't aware holding hands was automatically "romantic" ... I'll have to warn some people I know.

Seriously.. its a possibility they'll become romantic later.. .but right this instant I think its just two people reaching out for support.
Old 2007-02-09, 20:22   Link #72
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I highly doubt that This episode had too many flaws, starting with pacing and mood transition(which it failed to bring across)), for me to even consider a 10.
I suggest a rewatch for a note-taking session. Hint: Zaris is on the right track! I'm afraid to say any more.
Old 2007-02-09, 20:35   Link #73
fireshark
CRF Believer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to fireshark
What amazes me themost is how Ayu jumps off Yuuichi...
Old 2007-02-09, 20:39   Link #74
Aleise
Awe of She

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
@M L Monster

lol, How the heck does 'self-stabbing' fit into that list? Makoto's wedding and Shiro's kiss I get, but that?

Well, I guess Mai's kinda different from the other two girls, seeing she still has her health... Minus the physical injuries, but those can heal...

er, I mean, she's just portraited differently...
A bit late, but, yeah, it fits.

Ayu: Have you had that experience?
Yuuichi: I -

Flashbacks of Makoto - What happens after Makoto's wedding? She dies.
Flashbacks of Mai - What happens after Mai stabs herself? She dies. Of course, her own powers resurrect herself, but let's put that aside for now. What is important now is that Yuuichi believed he lost Mai right then - it showed.
Flashbacks of Shiori - What happens after Shiori leaves Yuuichi? Yuuichi may be noticing a pattern here, which leads to . . .

Yuuichi: Ayu, is . . . is Shiori . . . (Yuuichi breaking down)

On another note, they could have make the Shiori transition a bit cleaner. It's not too unbelievable that they might have found an expert on whatever Shiori's illness is in another town or country, and have them go there for a while. It makes not having contact with Shiori a bit more believable. Also, am I the only one who's thinking that all Shiori has to do is live long enough till Mai's powers recover? I don't think there has been anything said about Mai permanently losing them . . .
Old 2007-02-09, 20:39   Link #75
kingdom_elladrel
Ayu-ism

People seem to be forgetting that the order in which the Ayu and Nayuki stories were told in the 2002 version and we still know what the ending is of that one. It was Ayu to Nayuki and quickly back to Ayu.

So seeing that in 2006 they are already into Ayu's arc before Nayuki's, whether this version will have an Ayu ending or Nayuki ending is still remaining to be seen.

Last edited by kingdom_elladrel; 2007-02-09 at 20:41. Reason: typo
Old 2007-02-09, 22:14   Link #76
kb7

My first time joining the discussion here.

I wondered if anyone noticed this little bit in the flashback after Ayu asks Yuichi if he had ever lost anyone important right in front of him?

Spoiler for Look only if you know 2002's ending:

Pretty nice touch for those who already know how the story will progress.

Last edited by kb7; 2007-02-09 at 22:50. Reason: additional stuff + double-nested spoilers
Old 2007-02-09, 22:25   Link #77
OmegaPhlare
The Romanticism

There is something I must say, and it doesn't appear as if anyone else has noticed it. I don't know if I should say it or not. My impression is that it really will spoil the grand finale of the series if you notice what I have noticed.

I'm not saying this just because I saw the 2002 edition of the anime and already know what the ending is, but there is a seriously good reason why Ayu brought the subject up.

Spoiler for Only if you know The Ending:
Old 2007-02-09, 22:27   Link #78
kb7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaPhlare View Post
There is something I must say, and it doesn't appear as if anyone else has noticed it. I don't know if I should say it or not. My impression is that it really will spoil the grand finale of the series if you notice what I have noticed.

I'm not saying this just because I saw the 2002 edition of the anime and already know what the ending is, but there is a seriously good reason why Ayu brought the subject up.

Spoiler for Only if you know The Ending:
Exactly what I have mentioned in the post above yours.
Old 2007-02-09, 22:33   Link #79
OmegaPhlare
The Romanticism

I just got shizzpwnt for typing too slow =)

Edit: Meh, somebody do something. I'm worried someone who is new to the series is going to connect my "this might spoil the ending" worries with kb7's post and then notice something they really shouldn't notice.

Last edited by OmegaPhlare; 2007-02-09 at 22:43.
Old 2007-02-09, 22:43   Link #80
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
*holds his Ayu flag proudly*

I wanted to give this a 10, but the pacing troubled me. Ah hell I'll still give it a 10. Only because of the last scene. If the pacing had been done better, and the transition between scenes, I'd probably give it an 11.

Oh and about the flashbacks...
Spoiler:
He's getting his memories back, but in pieces.