AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-09, 13:09   Link #81
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

That was the first Banakai ever they had to make it spectacular . secondly Inoue was talking about his Bankai reatsu which was diffrent from the first time . Ichigo's reatsu is Blue hollow is Black ( Bya Vs Ichi )
Old 2007-02-09, 13:36   Link #82
meh

I don't know if it's a blessing or a curse Bleach is finally back on track. It was actually kind of nice not ever anticipating the upcoming episodes during the boring bount fillers. But now... there are just too many good manga stuff I want animated for me not to care about upcoming episodes.

Probably the most important is seeing Sode no Shirayuki in the near future.
Old 2007-02-09, 13:43   Link #83
monir
cho~ kakkoii

After much interruption, I've finally finished this post. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitokirigirl View Post
It's like it has some computer animation, and the colors were flashy. In the end, Rukia's face is weird...But, well, perhaps do I need to rewatch it
Rukia's face does look a little weird with her hair do falling over her face, but that because she knows how cute Ururu looks. Understandably, she is mimicking Ururu because she wants to appear just as adorable looking in front of Ichigo--- and as the saying goes, a gal gotta do what a gal gotta do. Pull out all of their bag of tricks even if it means plagiarising.

You seem to be judging animation by observing the character design, as in, if the character design doesn't look appealing, then the animation is bad. This assessment is a wrong one! Don't worry. You aren't the only one who makes this mistake.

Animation means animated motion. Character design is merely one single aspect of the overall makeup of a good animation. Character design alone can never dictate the overall quality of animation. Shows with weird faces can have gorgeous animation, i.e. Tokyo Gakuen Kenpochou. The simplest of way to find out if an episode is good animation wise, is to count the frames for any particular movement. Folks who make animated gif know about this trick very well. More frames a scene is comprised of, the better the animation for that scene is. More frames ensure fluidity in motion and movement, i.e when Ichigo goes Bankai.. when Yoruichi and Urahara parts just before Yami is about to strike.. or when Yoruichi connects on Yami's head and his head seem to expand sideways as it bobs downward.

Besides, the character design for the episode is also way above average. The animators have paid a lot of attention to detail when they drew these faces. Here is a few example in the spoiler,

Spoiler for saving space:

From the above images, it can be easily seen that there were a lot of finishing touch applied to the faces such as digital painting, smoothing out the edges, appropriate shadowing, contours, and folds to capture emotion, and etc..

This episode has seen one of the best presentation animation-wise in the entire Bleach series. In fact, this one easily resides in one of the top 10 Bleach episodes in regards to quality of the overall animation.
Old 2007-02-09, 13:51   Link #84
Beholder

Great post ! And this episode was also great
Old 2007-02-09, 13:57   Link #85
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Return of Team SS

Old 2007-02-09, 13:59   Link #86
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuk View Post
Is there an explenation to Ichigo's Bankai changes? First time he went Bankai in the Byukia battle we saw him swirling in energy, and at the moment he "went Bankai" there was a massive energy release from his sword (looked like a getsuga) which Byukia had to shield himself from. In later Bankai's this is completely gone, what's up?
I'll say (since I like to pretend that things make sense) that since Ichigo has had a bit of practice he can now go bankai without wasting as much random reiatsu. Perhaps since he doesn't blast his reiatsu off randomly when he changes, he'll have the strength to resist the damaging effects of his own bankai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese no koma View Post
and i thought the yoruichi's eating scene would never end, hell it was long, them bountos doing the same movements for a good minute or so.
I think they were doing a KyoAni pastiche. When Kyoto Animation does a high quality repetitive scene like this, they are accounted as gods of animation. Yeah, it's boring. Maybe they were saving up on the budget since they spent on the animation quality.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-02-09, 15:32   Link #87
kagato3

Also they might have been trying to pad the episode so that it ended with the Rukia reveil. While it does lose some of it's punch because the same thing happened in the bount arc it is an end of the Ep/chapter thing that realy doesn't work well anywhere else. the big problem was that the 3 chapters this was based on had a lot of full page and 2 page spreads. Padding the fights doesn't work well because a)before the hollow acted up Ichigo was wasteing yammi and Ichigo is a speed fighter as is Yoruichi so fight are only drawn out if the power levels of those in the fight are near equal. b) Uql is way out of Ichigo's league I'm fairly sure the main reson he pulled back was because he was unsure he could take Urahara, Yoruichi, and Ichigo all at once. While I thought it went on a bit too long I liked it much more then the 1.5 min long recap of the last ep(I hope these end soon as one of the things I realy hated about DBZ was that it got to the point the recap was half the ep), the manga at least did show she was eating a masive amout of food.
Old 2007-02-09, 17:29   Link #88
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
I think they were doing a KyoAni pastiche. When Kyoto Animation does a high quality repetitive scene like this, they are accounted as gods of animation. Yeah, it's boring. Maybe they were saving up on the budget since they spent on the animation quality.
it was soooo annoying though...was quite bothersome they'd use a minute of animation time w/ that repetitive crap.

though besides that, the episode was really good, even though it was one hit...don't think I remember Orohime getting slapped around like that since the very beginning of the series w/ her brother being turned into a Hollow.

also...have they've always been adding the little pink detail to the eyes or am I just now noticing it?
Old 2007-02-09, 17:32   Link #89
Jingjong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuk View Post
Is there an explenation to Ichigo's Bankai changes? First time he went Bankai in the Byukia battle we saw him swirling in energy, and at the moment he "went Bankai" there was a massive energy release from his sword (looked like a getsuga) which Byukia had to shield himself from. In later Bankai's this is completely gone, what's up?
Time.

Of course Ichigo's first bankai was going to be a big long drawn out sequence, from now on it'll be fast or just happen off screen.
Old 2007-02-09, 17:59   Link #90
Ryuk

Well I'd rather watch lot's of fantastic animation of Ichigo's bankai (or perhaps rangiku's boobs), than watching Yourichi eat
Old 2007-02-09, 19:27   Link #91
Kurohitsugi

Hollow Ichigo seemed pretty self-confident when he was saying he would kick Yami's AND Ulquirra's ass
Would've been an interesting fight for sure but obviously this will be saved for later.
Old 2007-02-09, 20:39   Link #92
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohitsugi View Post
Hollow Ichigo seemed pretty self-confident when he was saying he would kick Yami's AND Ulquirra's ass
Ulquiorra was puzzled by the fact that there were moments when it seemed Ichigo surpassed even him in reiatsu. Hence, it is safe to assume Hichigo would have had a ball. I was secretly hoping Hichigo would come out and play!
Old 2007-02-09, 22:09   Link #93
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

this episode's quality aws over the top that it makes me worried how theyre gonna get enough budget for the next few eps. Id rather another GSD animation not appear again :/

Well for the episode itself, the only gripe i had about the episode was ichigo cutting yammi's hand off. In the manga it looked really cool, but in contrast, anime ichigo looked really slow :/

Spoiler for manga rendition of ichigo cutting off his arm:
Old 2007-02-09, 23:34   Link #94
Fudozukushi
Just a fool...

OoO

Ulquiorra looked pretty shocked at that.
Old 2007-02-10, 01:38   Link #95
scorpio516

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I'll say (since I like to pretend that things make sense) that since Ichigo has had a bit of practice he can now go bankai without wasting as much random reiatsu. Perhaps since he doesn't blast his reiatsu off randomly when he changes, he'll have the strength to resist the damaging effects of his own bankai.
Thats one thing I was thinking. It was only his 3rd (not inc. Bound) time. BUT also it was his first time in the real world. Physics are obviously different in real bleach land vs. ss bleach land...

Is it just me or has over the last 3 eps, Orihime's skirt getting shorter and shorter...
Old 2007-02-10, 01:40   Link #96
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

@ sceptileex

When I saw it the first time I felt something was wrong couldnt pinpoint it but after reading your post I saw it again . yeah its better depicted in the Manga IMO. Good observation Dude
Old 2007-02-10, 04:11   Link #97
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
This episode has seen one of the best presentation animation-wise in the entire Bleach series. In fact, this one easily resides in one of the top 10 Bleach episodes in regards to quality of the overall animation.
Yeah I agree with you, I just was Impressed by the detail of The Animation in this one, I had Almost a year without following Bleach Anime continuously, and the only other Episode I can remember been as good in animation, was when Ichigo is about to fight Byakuya.

This Episode, apart from the fact that Matsumoto Made her appearance once again (ehem), has already been listed in my top Favorite bleach Episode, We got to see Urahara in "serious" action and Small bits like Yourouchi Voracius appetite, Ikaku Funny voice, the interaction between the Shimigamis, and One of my Favorite Hitsu correcting Ichigo, that is "Captain Toishiro", all this while having a top quality Animation.

PS, The Shimigamu cups was hilarious and next chapter preview gave us a taste of something I've been waiting long to get animated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
The potral thingie looked cool with background track ( which I want bad )

Indeed Geta, I got that same impresion when I saw that part.
Old 2007-02-10, 07:00   Link #98
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Is that hollow part of Ichigo such a bad thing for him? It doesn't look like something alien to his body/mind like Kyuubi with Naruto.
To me it looks more like a split personality that's going to start developing more and more. I don't think that his alter ego would hurt his friends directly. I think it's the part of him that wants to show of how powerful he really is.
Old 2007-02-10, 08:09   Link #99
astrallionheart

Lol, for some reason Ichigo's process reminds me alot of Baldur's Gate and the Throne Bhaal. Getting taken over by "the Slayer" when the main character is in internal conflict.
Old 2007-02-10, 11:15   Link #100
Nico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
@ sceptileex

When I saw it the first time I felt something was wrong couldnt pinpoint it but after reading your post I saw it again . yeah its better depicted in the Manga IMO. Good observation Dude
i prefer the way it happened in the anime, its like it happened so fast he didnt even realise his arm had been cut until it fell on the ground
Closed Thread