AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-26, 05:17   Link #21
wao
OK.

COuld it possibly be Yanagi from Flame of Recca?

Or is it... MAMETARO-SAN

*waits for JAppi to say something evil*
Old 2004-01-26, 12:27   Link #22
SurfD

Send a message via ICQ to SurfD Send a message via MSN to SurfD
Well, I am going to go out on a limb, and throw down the gauntlet that no body is going to be able to beat:

You said anime, and since we are talking about anime in general, this unfortunately includes Hentai.

Can you even come close to getting any more weak and pathetic then any one of the generic victim girls from an invasion of the tenticle monster type shows? You know, the ones whos entire purpose is to appear, be an unwilling and completely helpless victim before Tentacle dudes (or chicks) depraved appetites, and then get tossed aside, never to be seen or heard from again when the main course...err...character of the show decides to make an appearance.

I DARE you to find someone more useless than that (and please, god, dont make me go looking for names...)
Old 2004-01-26, 12:58   Link #23
LiQuid|J
Pantsu Faito!

Noboru from GTO. The kid who get's brutally picked on by Anko and her flunkies... I guess he kind of redeems himself in Okinawa, but he's still a total nerd and a major wimp. Plus from what I hear, he has a tiny pecker. Can't get much more pathetic than that...

Shinji would take an easy second place. I won't add any more reasons why. If you've seen the train wreck that is Eva, you know good and well why.
Old 2004-01-26, 13:05   Link #24
Lambda

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfD
Can you even come close to getting any more weak and pathetic then any one of the generic victim girls from an invasion of the tenticle monster type shows? You know, the ones whos entire purpose is to appear, be an unwilling and completely helpless victim before Tentacle dudes (or chicks) depraved appetites, and then get tossed aside, never to be seen or heard from again when the main course...err...character of the show decides to make an appearance.
If you were attacked by some wierd alien monster like that, would you be able to brilliantly fend it off then? What you're describing sounds like a characteristic of perfectly normal people to me. Why not just go after that random crewmember on a spaceship that gets destroyed because he doesn't even manage an on-screen appearance? "Weak" refers to character, not plot influence.
Old 2004-01-26, 15:16   Link #25
Ketsu-Kun
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ketsu-Kun Send a message via MSN to Ketsu-Kun
Quote:
If you were attacked by some wierd alien monster like that, would you be able to brilliantly fend it off then? What you're describing sounds like a characteristic of perfectly normal people to me. Why not just go after that random crewmember on a spaceship that gets destroyed because he doesn't even manage an on-screen appearance? "Weak" refers to character, not plot influence.
And this is exactly why we need to arm cute Japanese high school girls and teach them the arts of "How To Kill A Tentacle Rape Monster."

We could even then further their skills for world domination.
Old 2004-01-26, 16:12   Link #26
Joe Dalton

As soon as I saw this threas I wondered how amny times would sakura be mentioned?
Sheesh people can be so predictable and she doesnt even come close to being the weakest.....
Old 2004-01-26, 16:31   Link #27
ryublade

Talking

I'm surprised no one mentioned Takuya from KGnE, considering how many times he was declared weak and pathetic in the KGnE forum. LOL.
Old 2004-01-26, 17:21   Link #28
Deralti

Send a message via AIM to Deralti
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryublade
I'm surprised no one mentioned Takuya from KGnE, considering how many times he was declared weak and pathetic in the KGnE forum. LOL.
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by that guy
As soon as I saw this threas I wondered how amny times would sakura be mentioned?
Sheesh people can be so predictable and she doesnt even come close to being the weakest.....
Only 3 times so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by some person with a girl avatar
And this is exactly why we need to arm cute Japanese high school girls and teach them the arts of "How To Kill A Tentacle Rape Monster."

We could even then further their skills for world domination.
First off, I don't count hentai as part of anime, nor part of anything worth watching. With that aside, people not suriving/"winning" in ridiculous situations doesn't mean they're weak...the situation is ridiculous, if not impossible.

Now i'm thinking about narutaru...wonder if the manga's in english now.. *goes to check*
Old 2004-01-26, 17:40   Link #29
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfD
Well, I am going to go out on a limb, and throw down the gauntlet that no body is going to be able to beat:...(blah blah blah)...I DARE you to find someone more useless than that (and please, god, dont make me go looking for names...)
What do you mean, "please, god, dont make me go looking for names..." First you throw down this allegedly heavy gauntlet and then you beg for mercy?

When you mention ero-anime you are losing a lot of people right off; they don't watch it. Insulting it doesn't get you anywhere BTW, it just makes you the guy who dragged "hentai" into the thread. Then you don't name a specific character, which would actually speak to the topic.
Old 2004-01-26, 23:02   Link #30
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deralti

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryublade
Who?
Now i'm thinking about narutaru...wonder if the manga's in english now.. *goes to check*
I'm sure ryublade means Takayuki.

Yes, the manga is being released in the US under the name Shadow Star.

Now on topic: Sakura may be weak and useless in Naruto, but for an anime character in general she's actually pretty strong. I'd say the weakest character has to be Keitaro, in the begining of love hina anyway. Just about everyone beats him mercilessly on a daily basis. hmm...actually that might mean he's pretty strong since he survived...well he's still pathetic.
Old 2004-01-26, 23:27   Link #31
nooc

I just saw Alien Nine and thought the main character Yuri was kind of weak. I mean, she cried through the whole 4 ep series, for heavens sake. If you like crying then see Alien 9.
Old 2004-01-28, 06:09   Link #32
Joshua
2 much 2 watch

I think Azmaria (from Chrno Crusade) is weak. Ok, she is young, but why gang up with Rosette en Chrno. The only thing she can do is heal (what she often does) and cry. Okey, she also places those crosses right, but every damn n00b can do that...

I also think that Leorio (from Hunter X Hunter) is kinda weak, I'm only at episode 30 from the anime, but he doesn't seem strong, and rather bets than fight. Maybe he gets stronger in the next 30 eps, but till now, he's rather weak.
Old 2004-01-28, 17:06   Link #33
bassmanG

I'd have to go with Quatre from Gundam Wing.

Of all the gundam pilots, he's the one who needs a huge army of backup. Plus he never really seems to want to fight. During many of the battles he's always mentioning how they shouldn't be fighting. The man is weak.

Or maybe, that's just my gundam wing frustration coming out...
Old 2004-01-28, 18:32   Link #34
Mr_Anonomis
El Diablo Blanco!

Send a message via AIM to Mr_Anonomis
I would have to say shippo from Inyuasha, i mean come on, he's a little squirrel fox thing with a top that's always getting beaten by inyuasha, now that's pathetic.
Also, another really pathetic character is miroku, the monk from inyuasha, he's been rejected and hit by sango and all the other women on the show so many times, you'd think he'd get a clue.....really.
Old 2004-01-28, 21:48   Link #35
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
I'd still have to go with Sakura ..... I actually gave a good thought to this one and I couldn't come up with anything closer to her...

someone who sits around with brains... but doesn't do anything... has high amounts of intelligence but only whines... can pass exams with flying colours but stones when being attacked...

but I guess this all has to do with the fact that she grew up in an almost near perfect environment with no worries and stuff...
Old 2004-01-28, 23:20   Link #36
::faze
<3 Scrapped Princess

I hated Shinji at the end of eva, so I just had to comment on this, sorry if this is OT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas Tzu
I knew people were going to sprout off "Shinji" ignorantly. So I'm defending him.

Spoilers ensue...............

1. He's fourteen.
2. He pilots an Eva, sure. He also ...........

.............absolutely no effect on you whatsoever.Sure.

Shinji went through hell.
Spoiler:
Old 2004-01-29, 00:43   Link #37
shiznitty

yea, shinji. Although they say is a 14 year old boy (is he 14?), and that he should naturaly be afraid, asuka isnt. I dont want to sound too sexist, but if she can do it, why cant shinji?

also Kamui4356, osaka in your sig looks like she has a unibrow >
Old 2004-01-29, 09:15   Link #38
gruvy_qc
(: Ecchi guy :)

The weakest one is Kin from Naruto. Maybe you don't remember her , she is the sound nin girl in the chuunin exam. Sakura is intelligent, not Kin. Ino beat her with her soul jutsu. That's not s oweak ,but not strong. The worst is in the third exam. Almost every ninja are really resistent. Not her. Shika use his shadow jutsu and knock her head on the wall. AND SHE IS KO!!!! That is weak. Her didn't even knocked strong.....She's really weak and lame. Just listen it and you'll agree.
Old 2004-01-29, 16:59   Link #39
Geno-San

Send a message via Yahoo to Geno-San
I think u guys missed an awesome anime, that also had the shittiest sidekick ever, Initial-D's Itsuke was the lamest mofo i have ever seen. The only thing he did do that did not suck, was he believed in Takumi, but other than that, he was a whiney bitch.
Old 2004-01-30, 15:35   Link #40
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiznitty
yea, shinji. Although they say is a 14 year old boy (is he 14?), and that he should naturaly be afraid, asuka isnt. I dont want to sound too sexist, but if she can do it, why cant shinji?
I'd say that's cause Asuka is:

1. A VERY screwed up individual (revealed later in the series)

2. A megalomaniac who will do anything with enthusiasm if it makes her look great

3. She's pretty afraid herself, she's just bottling it all up inside

Shinji's probably the least messed-up of the three pilots, Rei being an emotionless clone and Asuka being thoroughly messed up in the head.

And I would like to point out that Asuka's very first encounter with an angel wasn't too stellar on her part either. And her early experience with that angel isn't anywhere close to the kind of trauma Shinji faced on his first trial.

As for the weakest anime character.....I seriously can't think up of any. Give me a few hours and maybe I'll come up with one.