Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-02-19, 12:11   Link #161
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-You do realise that one of the points they made during the Chuunin exams was "1 single error in judgement could cost you and your comrades their lives", right? Kakuzu's death was an example of that.
Actually, that's part of what makes Kakuzu's attack look so bad. That statement in the chuunin exams gives us the idea that all ninja from the beginning are taught to examine situations, weigh potential risks/consequences and be able to recognize feints and traps(recall Kakashi's speech to Naruto during the first bell test). The ninja that have survived to the age of the Sannin or Sandaime would logically be the most talented at it seeing as how ninjas who weren't as proficient would normally die in battle. They would also grow more adept at it as their experience grows, making them much harder to defeat using simple attack strategies. Yet Kakuzu, who's experience as a ninja exceeds Sandaime's by at least a decade, was almost defeated by an extremely simple tactic, and then defeated by a slight variation of the same strategy.

But in the end, I agree with the others who said that toomany people look at this as Naruto single-handedly defeating Kakuzu. He was fighting a weakened Kakuzu who was a backed into a corner. Same thing with Shika and Hidan to a smaller extent. It basically took the efforts of a small army of ninja to deal with Hidan and Kakuzu. Naruto and Shika finished off their respective opponents quickly b/c their wouldn't be much of a point to creating whole new extensive fight scenes for each of them.

Quote:
Besides that, you do realise what this manga was originally about? That's right: ninjas, the stealthy assasins/spies that killed people in swift and single movements. Prolonged fights in the series would be somewhat of a mistake. Despite what many people believe, most fights in old Japan were in fact decided within 2-3 moves (keep in mind that there are exceptions).
Which is precisely why a good amount of the villains were given some form of immortality, regenative powers or high damage threshold (Oro, Kabuto, Sasori, Hidan, Kakuzu, Deidara) and characters like Sakura and Ino were conveniently given healing abilites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw
Heh, I disagree with that, as I see it he couldn't help it, he's fight and oppnent who can whose speciality is mutiplying and hiding himself with Clones. They are never easy to deal with as even if destroy one they will just make another, and use them as traps.
Opponents like Sasuke and Kimimaro have dealt with a far greater amounts of KB with ease. And they don't have the wide-range/radius attacks that Kakuzu has. Naruto's speed and taijutsu didn't appear to have improved to the point where his bunshin should've provided that much of a problem. But if they were a threat, Kakuzu could've easily retreated into the forest and use the cover to give a greater chance for ambush like Kidomaru did with Neji when he recognized he was a close-ranged fighter.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 13:11   Link #162
Qbi Sannin

Oh geezus, would you rather have a naruto fight that's dragged on like DBZ? That bores me to death and I don't wanna die.
Qbi Sannin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 13:12   Link #163
Rezard

Kishimoto messed up in that fight, he should have prolonged the fight a little. It didn´t have to be like DBZ, just give us something to be believable. (it is unbelivable that Kazuku fell for such old trick)
Now it is over, let´s hope the anime fix this, as the have fixed some stuff before. (Lee´s recovery)
Rezard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 14:30   Link #164
Qbi Sannin

There is nothing to fix. Sometimes it is more dramatic that s warrior who is so sure of himself, someone who thinks he is unkillable, be killed BY such a simple tactic.

It's more ironic that WAY. And I think it's also a life lesson. Don't be too smug, or You'll have ur face shoved in the gutter BY someone who You saw as beneath You.
Qbi Sannin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 14:34   Link #165
S_C_L-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbi Sannin View Post
There is nothing to fix. Sometimes it is more dramatic that s warrior who is so sure of himself, someone who thinks he is unkillable, be killed BY such a simple tactic.

It's more ironic that WAY. And I think it's also a life lesson. Don't be too smug, or You'll have ur face shoved in the gutter BY someone who You saw as beneath You.
Isn't that what happened in like... 90% of the fights Naruto won...
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 14:36   Link #166
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbi Sannin View Post

Only Kakuzu wasn't smug. We know that by seeing how many times he warned Hidan not underestimate their opponents. And he definitely didn't believe himself to be unkillable as he flat out thinks to himself that one hit from Naruto's jutsu would be enough to take him out.
Old 2007-02-19, 17:02   Link #167
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

So...do you people think Kishi will give Naruto a break to work on "that jutsu" and start to work on other peoples storylines? I would love to see some more from Neji and Hinata - I have not seen them in a while now.
AkatsukisApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 17:09   Link #168
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Except for Mitsu bushin which Have done Jutsu before, but that’s not even remotely the point if a Clone can or cant do a Jutsu, we are talking about A shinoby been able to tell that a Clone is that, a clone, I’m not talking about the functionality of the Clone or what It can do. I took Sai example only to illustrate how difficult it is to trick a Experinced shinoby with a Clone.
A Clones purpose is to fool people no matter how experienced you are this won't the purpose of a technique. So, what if Oro did fall Sai's Ink Clone? It doesn't stop Itachi for falling for Kakashi's Kage Bunshin and he's stronger than Oro. Maybe Oro knows something about Bunshins that others don't or, Ink Bunshins differentiate for KB's in otherways, or Oro just guessed and he really no idea until he hit the Clone.

Quote:
BTW, Ino, Chouji and Yamato are not at he level of experience of Someone as Kakuuzu, so the point of them been surprised is moot.
Just because your older than someone else doesn't mean it's impossible not to be surprised especially when usual happens. That point Kakuzu was caught by something didn't expect, or that hadn't encountered before that's all there is to it.

Quote:
Not to mention that the he had other ways of destroying the clones without even getting close to them, like for example a Long range Katon jusu? One that he actually has?
Using a long-ranged Katon would be no different than using a Long-ranged Tenacle expect that Naruto would have already seen and dodge it. He's Masks were only Mid to Close-ranged as Kakashi stated anyway. He end up him to point when Naruto can hit him if used them.

Quote:
That’s not even the point of what he could had done, because he could had done anything, rather the point of falling for that trick look as if he were a beginner, which he wasn’t, hence for the sake of the story, the writer make him dumb, or better but, the Author choice of plot was poor.
Oh, please even best shinobi can fall for a well planned trap. Their are still human you know, hell even Jirayia fell for Itachi's smple Genjutsu and Kaksahi with Make out Paradise trick.

Quote:
Is not as he joined his heart and after that he cant suddenly take them apart again, which was something he didn’t do, even if he was telling himself he had to stay away from the one with the Jutsu, and he did exactly the opposite of it.
His hearts are connect to his Masks, which are part of his Long-ranged mode since the Masks are made of tenacles and he did stay away from Naruto as he destroy what he thought was the real one. How he to know that Naruto waste massive amounts of Charka to fake his strongest Jutsu? Do see some one like Jirayia, or Oro faking their strongest attacks? It crazy idea which what set Naruto apart from other Shinobi.

Quote:
Humor me, when I look back, I just don’t recall an instance were a Shinoby as Kakuuzu, has fallen for a childish trick. ohh, well, you can count Sandaime falling for Naruto sexy Jutsu, so He could steel the scroll.
Naruto's trick wasn't childish to begin with, he only just used his Jutsu to his advangte as he always has.

Quote:
And then, it seems you are not getting the point, this is not about defeat, because it was expected by all of us Kakuuzu was going to loose in the hand of Naruto, we are talking about Kakuuzu specifically falling for a trick he shouldn’t have.
I'm getting the point exaclty. Your assuming that he's seen such a trick in the first place which what makes a big difference here.

Quote:
And I think Zabuza was just overrating Haku there, we have seen the difference in strength between someone at the level of Sasuke, and someone at the level of Itachi, and its really big.
Except rarely does a Manga overrate anything. Zabuza was the one stated believe it after he trained him. Sasuke and Itachi aren't Haku and Zabuza and Itachi has never stated Sasuke was stronger than him.

Quote:
And as stated above you think people here are talking about Who would had won the fight, or even who was stronger, this is not about that, not even remotely close, is about Kakuuzu just simply falling for the KG trick, that’s all
There nothing wrong in falling for Jutsu that whoose purpose to tick as I mentioned before, as especially if does something that is not normally seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Actually, that's part of what makes Kakuzu's attack look so bad. That statement in the chuunin exams gives us the idea that all ninja from the beginning are taught to examine situations, weigh potential risks/consequences and be able to recognize feints and traps(recall Kakashi's speech to Naruto during the first bell test). The ninja that have survived to the age of the Sannin or Sandaime would logically be the most talented at it seeing as how ninjas who weren't as proficient would normally die in battle.
But, Chuunin never states high-level Shinobi won't ever fall for traps their have never seen before. Hell even Kakshi knowing this still fell Naruto's trick during the 2nd bell test. Let's not forget that Kakuzu did see Naruto's feint as well as analyzed correct that his attack could harm if he kept and eye on the real one.

Quote:
They would also grow more adept at it as their experience grows, making them much harder to defeat using simple attack strategies. Yet Kakuzu, who's experience as a ninja exceeds Sandaime's by at least a decade, was almost defeated by an extremely simple tactic, and then defeated by a slight variation of the same strategy.
Quote:
Opponents like Sasuke and Kimimaro have dealt with a far greater amounts of KB with ease. And they don't have the wide-range/radius attacks that Kakuzu has.
One big diferences in Naruto's fights against Sasuke and Kimmaro and now Kakuzu he was using his head instead charging blinding at enemy without a plan of action. When Naruto put his mind to it he can end up catching strong andfast shinobi like Neji, Zabuza and Kakashi off guard.

Quote:
Naruto's speed and taijutsu didn't appear to have improved to the point where his bunshin should've provided that much of a problem.
Their is no way can really proved just how much Naruto's speed and taijutsu has grown but if he can catch peple like Kakshi, Deibara, Kakuzu and Shizune than it has improved been qutie a bit.

Quote:
But if they were a threat, Kakuzu could've easily retreated into the forest and use the cover to give a greater chance for ambush like Kidomaru did with Neji when he recognized he was a close-ranged fighter.
Ah, but difference was not he wasn't worried about Naruto himself, just the Jutsu, which he ignored his Bunshins since their were traps and he dealt with easliy enough before and wanted to after all why hide from some using clones when you know which one is real? Once the oniginal is destroyed there would be no need to continue the battle. He was overcifidence in his ability beat Naruto opposed Kidomaru with Neji.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkatsukisApprentice View Post
So...do you people think Kishi will give Naruto a break to work on "that jutsu" and start to work on other peoples storylines? I would love to see some more from Neji and Hinata - I have not seen them in a while now.
What I'm hoping for actually is that Naruto, after master FRS would learn some more wind jutsus as well as give Team 8 an arc just like with Team 10, and make some head way on NarutoXHinata. Now be a perfect time to do it.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 17:22   Link #169
sideburns767

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
For all of you who are unconvinced with Naruto surpassing Kakashi, ask yourself this:

"what would Naruto have to do for you to believe this statement"?

How about.....
Coming up with jutsu that blows Chidori out of the water? not enough?
How about beating someone who was beating (read: owning) Kakashi?
How about Kakashi personally saying it?

I mean really people, maybe you don't like the way to portrayed but it really should not be in doubt that Naruto> Kakashi (BTW Shika> Asuma) at this point.

With all this evidence you are still making excuses like: "Kakuzu got dumb", "Kakashi doesn't know what he's talking about", "making/having a new killer jutsu isn't all that great". You're poking holes at what Kishi clearly wants you to see: it's the new generation's turn to shine.

Next thing you know Naruto is destroying the universe with a completed Rasengan and haters will say: the universe got dumb.
If what your arguing is true then by definition Narutos not only more elite than kakashi hes more elite than yodamie since yodamie was never able to complete that jutsu... So it comes down to naruto only possessing more raw power.. its just not developed yet.... Narutos not fast enough to be an elite.
sideburns767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 17:30   Link #170
Kage_Spyke
burakkukoohii jouyousha

Naruto may not be fast enough but what if he masters one of the 4th's other technique, you know, the speedy one...what was it? the Hirishin no Jutsu?
Kage_Spyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 17:39   Link #171
tatami
back in black

mayber his statement is a bit different then we tought...maybe kakashi was talking about his potential...cuz now no one can be as powerful as naruto if he trains with kagebunshins for everyday...
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 17:43   Link #172
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburns767 View Post
If what your arguing is true then by definition Narutos not only more elite than kakashi hes more elite than yodamie since yodamie was never able to complete that jutsu... So it comes down to naruto only possessing more raw power.. its just not developed yet.... Narutos not fast enough to be an elite.
-Whoop-dee-freaking-do. If Naruto cannot become faster then he can compensate for that by building up on his endurance and raw power. Those that cannot overcome their weaknesses by improving said areas can compensate for that by expanding their strenghts. In other words, if Naruto cannot get any smarter or faster then have him become the Zaraki Kenpachi (best possible example of what I have in mind at the moment) in the series. Naruto's already a chakra and stamina (endurance falls in this) freak and raw power he already has, so expanding those further would make him a force to be reckoned with...
Old 2007-02-19, 18:03   Link #173
Rezard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
There nothing wrong in falling for Jutsu that whoose purpose to tick as I mentioned before, as especially if does something that is not normally seen.
Rarely? You mean like Kakashi did to the mist demon brothers in the beginning of the series, or like Zabuza did to Kakashi, or like Naruto did to Neji, this is the most usual tactic, get your enemy attention to a bunshin and attack from behind.

Compare Zabuza X Kakashi to Naruto X Kazuku:

Zabuza X Kakashi > Mist jutsu + mizu bunshin + mizu bunshin + use genin to call attention + kick away to lake + water prison

Naruto X Kazuku > KBx4 + rasengan

Which one do you think was well done and which one was poorly done?
I find it obvious.

Even when Naruto uses this tactic against Neji it was done better.

Quote:
But, Chuunin never states high-level Shinobi won't ever fall for traps their have never seen before. Hell even Kakshi knowing this still fell Naruto's trick during the 2nd bell test. Let's not forget that Kakuzu did see Naruto's feint as well as analyzed correct that his attack could harm if he kept and eye on the real one.
Kakashi fell for Naruto's trick because he didn't want to know the end of Icha's series and not because it was a genius tactic.

Don't you think THE MOST EXPERIENCED NINJA we ever saw in Naruto, who is a thinker, shouldn't worry at least a little before attacking a target, leaving his back unprotected? Don't you think he should have have been a little more careful? Like making some back up plan?

Please bear mind too that this the most basic tactic ever used in Naruto!!!!
Even pre time skip Sakura does that in the forest of dead. (it fails)

Quote:
Ah, but difference was not he wasn't worried about Naruto himself, just the Jutsu, which he ignored his Bunshins since their were traps and he dealt with easliy enough before and wanted to after all why hide from some using clones when you know which one is real? Once the oniginal is destroyed there would be no need to continue the battle. He was overcifidence in his ability beat Naruto opposed Kidomaru with Neji.
Kazuku never showed any signs of being overconfident, but Kidomaru was clearly playing with Neji. He says so himself. It is Kidomaru who underestimated his opponent.
Rezard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 18:13   Link #174
gibits
Endless

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburns767 View Post
I'm not arguing anything, just pointing out that Naruto did surpass Kakashi, you're the one that assumed I said Naruto is better than the 4th.

Also I'm sick of this whole speed> all mentality. Speed is helpful, speed can win, but raw power can as well. When it comes down to it is how well you use them.

Ever play Tekken? Does Ling always beat King? How about Soul Calibur? Does Taki always beat Astroth? If you ever saw my Astroth you'd shut-up about speed being everything.

PS for those that don't know Ling and Taki are prototypic spped freaks, while King and Astroth are your bruisers.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 19:30   Link #175
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
A Clones purpose is to fool people no matter how experienced you are this won't the purpose of a technique. So, what if Oro did fall Sai's Ink Clone? It doesn't stop Itachi for falling for Kakashi's Kage Bunshin and he's stronger than Oro. Maybe Oro knows something about Bunshins that others don't or, Ink Bunshins differentiate for KB's in otherways, or Oro just guessed and he really no idea until he hit the Clone.
It seems you are not reading well, Sai a Not so experienced Shinoby could not fool Oro who is a lot more experienced than your average Shinoby. In the other Hand, Itachi falling for kakshi KB is credible given Kakshis experience compared to Itachis, Strength and Experience are 2 different things.

And no Ink Bushin doesn't difference from other Bushin in term of their resemblance to the original, because if it wasn't like this, then Sai wouldn't had used one to try an fool Oro. And BTW Oro did Know that Was A Bushin reason why he said he should have shown a little more respect to him.

Quote:
Just because your older than someone else doesn't mean it's impossible not to be surprised especially when usual happens. That point Kakuzu was caught by something didn't expect, or that hadn't encountered before that's all there is to it.
And Who is saying the contrary about it? Kakuuzu did fall for Naruto jutsu, however this is just risible and hardly credible, because, Bluntly You don't expect Experienced people falling for such trick. your problem is that you are debating this within the story, and Im talking about the writing choice for making Naruto Defeat Kakuuzu.

Kakuuzu was caught alright, reason why he lies dead, however this wasn't because any experienced shinoby as kakuuzu is going to fall for that trick, rather, a plot based scenario will make them do so.

Quote:
Using a long-ranged Katon would be no different than using a Long-ranged Tenacle expect that Naruto would have already seen and dodge it. He's Masks were only Mid to Close-ranged as Kakashi stated anyway. He end up him to point when Naruto can hit him if used them.
His mask attached to Kakuzu were Mid Range however, kakuuzu wiht his Mask detached had a higher radius of reach, instead of elevating his reach, because he needed to do so so he could avoid Naruto, He decides to create a form of himself which need the closes range to the opponent compared to the his previous states.

Quote:
Oh, please even best shinobi can fall for a well planned trap. Their are still human you know, hell even Jirayia fell for Itachi's smple Genjutsu and Kaksahi with Make out Paradise trick.
Hardly Comparable points when you realize both of Kakashis and Jiraiya example are Both of them getting Dumb to fall for such trick. The point here is not falling for a good made trap, the point is that naruto trick wasn't that good so someone as experienced as kakuuzu should fall for it, in the specific case of Kauuzu, worst, given he had his hearts gathered around and he Lowered his guard against the other clones.

Quote:
His hearts are connect to his Masks, which are part of his Long-ranged mode since the Masks are made of tenacles and he did stay away from Naruto as he destroy what he thought was the real one. How he to know that Naruto waste massive amounts of Charka to fake his strongest Jutsu? Do see some one like Jirayia, or Oro faking their strongest attacks? It crazy idea which what set Naruto apart from other Shinobi.
He attacked the Naruto wiht the Jutsu while Neglecting others clones completley an experince shinoby or even one with a little more brains than Hidan would had testroyed them to beggin wiht.

Kakuuzu already saw Naruto play using Clones, Why would and experince shinoby think the other opponent is going to repeat the same thing? why Lower his guard completely when he just asume who was the real one? those mistakes or whatever you want to call what Kakuuzu did, are just part of plot making Kauuzu dumber. And Kakuuzu did get close to Naruto, as if he didn't got close he wouldnt had not moved from his position of Jumps Towards Naruto.

Quote:
Naruto's trick wasn't childish to begin with, he only just used his Jutsu to his advangte as he always has.
It seems you don't understand the word childish inside what we are talking about, it is childish Given is something you expect Shinoby not that experienced falling for it, however not soeone as Orochimaru or Sandiame.

Quote:
I'm getting the point exaclty. Your assuming that he's seen such a trick in the first place which what makes a big difference here.
Im not assuming anything at all, and yes, You are not getting the point because you continue to debate against the same point and not paying attention about that is about the plot, and not what happened inside the story.

As Kakuuzu already saw Naruto doing clones trick before 2 times, so what made Kakuuzu Think he wasn't going to use it again? or better said, is not about weather or not He has seen that type of trick before, is the point that experience can tell you attack the one with the Jutsu, However it wont tell you Lower your guard about everything else, and more when your opponent tricks are based on KB, because this one with the Juts can also bee One.

Quote:
Except rarely does a Manga overrate anything. Zabuza was the one stated believe it after he trained him. Sasuke and Itachi aren't Haku and Zabuza and Itachi has never stated Sasuke was stronger than him.
I tried to say Kakashi not Itachi, my bad there.

So Rarely Does Manga overrate Anything? How many times have you heard: this is the strongest defense, This Jutsu cant be learned, My poision doesn't have antidote? please! over rating is something normal.

If You believe Haku was stronger than Zabuza parting from what he said, thats fine, but I really didn't pay much attention to that line given how easy Sasuke dodge Hakus Jutsu, yeah The same Sasuke that couldn't do it with Less movement, someone which speed is not as Jounnin level Ninjas.

Quote:
There is nothing wrong falling for a trick always when you fall in a credible manner, and not because you Jumped to the trick like a child, in this case, Is just funny to see someone as Kakuzu falling for it, As I don't picture No high level experience Shinoby doing so.

Again my point is not really about Kakuzu, is about Plot, in this case the plot use by Kishimoto to Kill of Kakuuzu, from the moment Kakuuzu Charged towards Naruto to the moment HE was hit with Narutos FRS, A poor choice of Plot, which left a lot of people with the sentiment of Kakuuzu falling for this as something not credible at all.
Old 2007-02-19, 20:42   Link #176
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw
First of all, I think it is important to distinguish when characters are "dumbed down" for comedic effect. The lack of judgement Kakuzu shows is not the same situation and obviously not meant to have the same effect. Yes Kakashi did fall for a simple trap, but all that was at stake was two bells. Believe me, Kakashi is not going to close his eyes and cover his ears if an Akatsuki member starts revealing the plot Icha Icha . For that matter, I'm pretty sure neither Sandaime or Jiraiya would faint with a bloody nose if an enemy ninja used Henge to turn into a beautiful nude woman.

Second of all, Kakashi is an excellent example of how experienced ninja are supposed to think. This is the same shinobi who was able to predict the Demon Bros's attack by a simple puddle of water and determined Zabuza's presence by the looking at the fur coat of a rabbit. He always thinks about as many possible outcomes as he can and looks for details that aren't immediately obvious. This is a direct result of his experience as he was shown to be reckless when he was younger. And though he's been defeated plenty of times, it's usually because he was forced into a situation that couldn't be avoided, not because of bad judgement on his part. Kakuzu was originally presented as a similarly cautious and planning character, not rash and cocky like Hidan. Considering that Kakuzu has many more years of experience than Kakashi, and at the time was fully aware of his opponents power, it should ve been much more difficult to catch him than with the relatively simple tactic Naruto used.

I'm going to note here that I am not hating on Naruto nor am I a Kakuzu fanboy. I'm also not whining about the outcome of the battle. I'm just saying that Kakuzu's fighting against Naruto was not in sync what we've seen from other ninja at his level.
Old 2007-02-19, 21:21   Link #177
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

I agree with you Sabaku Kyu...especially when you talk about Sarutobi & Jiraiya...
I think (in Konoha) they are merely fooling around...because they are save...and respected.

Jiraiya could've done anything with that chick (done by Itachi)...yet Jiraiya stepped in just in time before they proved that they made their move for Naruto. He has proven where his loyalties & dignity is/are when an enemy is infront of him..
Old 2007-02-19, 21:40   Link #178
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
First of all, I think it is important to distinguish when characters are "dumbed down" for comedic effect. The lack of judgement Kakuzu shows is not the same situation and obviously not meant to have the same effect. Yes Kakashi did fall for a simple trap, but all that was at stake was two bells. Believe me, Kakashi is not going to close his eyes and cover his ears if an Akatsuki member starts revealing the plot Icha Icha . For that matter, I'm pretty sure neither Sandaime or Jiraiya would faint with a bloody nose if an enemy ninja used Henge to turn into a beautiful nude woman.

Second of all, Kakashi is an excellent example of how experienced ninja are supposed to think. This is the same shinobi who was able to predict the Demon Bros's attack by a simple puddle of water and determined Zabuza's presence by the looking at the fur coat of a rabbit. He always thinks about as many possible outcomes as he can and looks for details that aren't immediately obvious. This is a direct result of his experience as he was shown to be reckless when he was younger. And though he's been defeated plenty of times, it's usually because he was forced into a situation that couldn't be avoided, not because of bad judgement on his part. Kakuzu was originally presented as a similarly cautious and planning character, not rash and cocky like Hidan. Considering that Kakuzu has many more years of experience than Kakashi, and at the time was fully aware of his opponents power, it should ve been much more difficult to catch him than with the relatively simple tactic Naruto used.

I'm going to note here that I am not hating on Naruto nor am I a Kakuzu fanboy. I'm also not whining about the outcome of the battle. I'm just saying that Kakuzu's fighting against Naruto was not in sync what we've seen from other ninja at his level.
I completely agree
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 23:43   Link #179
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

Quote:
Considering that Kakuzu has many more years of experience than Kakashi, and at the time was fully aware of his opponents power, it should ve been much more difficult to catch him than with the relatively simple tactic Naruto used.

The Naruto clone had an uber mega rasengan, no matter what anyone says the clone had an uber mega rasengan. That's not like a puddle of water or the color of the fur of a rabbit, it was an uber mega rasengan. No matter what anyone says, that Naruto clone was the main threat and therefore the first thing that needed to be taken care of in an experienced shinobi's mind. The trick was by no means the most cunning trick, but the clone was a real threat and Kakuzu knew exactly how dangerous that jutsu was to him. If Kakuzu went after the other Narutos instead he would've gotten hit anyways. So by all means I'd say he did what any other ninja would've done.
Sinaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 23:49   Link #180
gibits
Endless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinaura View Post
The Naruto clone had an uber mega rasengan, no matter what anyone says the clone had an uber mega rasengan. That's not like a puddle of water or the color of the fur of a rabbit, it was an uber mega rasengan. No matter what anyone says, that Naruto clone was the main threat and therefore the first thing that needed to be taken care of in an experienced shinobi's mind. The trick was by no means the most cunning trick, but the clone was a real threat and Kakuzu knew exactly how dangerous that jutsu was to him. If Kakuzu went after the other Narutos instead he would've gotten hit anyways. So by all means I'd say he did what any other ninja would've done.
Simple and to the point. But when you put it like that Naruto wasn't smart at all, Kakuzu was screwed either way, since no matter what he did one KB would be there to nuke him.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote