Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-02-25, 10:24   Link #21
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Just the way I like them, straight to the point. What can I say, KH have a collection of wonderful characters, and great plots. I really didn't see any problem with the gameplay, too busy following the story.
Yup, same for me. I wasn't expecting too from from KH, just simply keep me entertained with good characters and a good story, and I felt it accomplished that. Also, I'm a Disney nut, so yea
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 10:27   Link #22
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
No love for Lost Odyssey, Shinoto?

There's also Cry-On, not much media on it though

@GHDpro

Yup, thats what I mean, I think a lot are going to end up going over to the DS, or if not the DS, the Wii. I'm sure PS3 will have a good amount when its all said and done, but I don't think it will be as good as the PS2 had.
I saw the trailer for it...Looked Boring as heck. I liked the concept but the gameplay just looked boring. Blue Dragon is questionable I still think. So Ill give both a try but LO is getting no love from me

Cry-on has had art so far. Not much else.

Also Neither LO or Cry-on will be out this year always. For sure in NA.

Next year looks good too for 360. Mass Effect Part 2 should be out along with Fable and Infinite Discovery^^

Also I keep forgetting this one. Kingdom Under Fire is also due out this year. A RPG, Strategy type game. Pretty fun.

People are overestimating Japan's influence here. The market in Japan is not as powerful as others may think. Both NA and Europe are far more important since more sales come from there. Hence Capcom becomming more and more multiplatform like. Not to mention many others. Sure if 360 fails in Japan. It is a blow. But that does not mean it can not be a great sucess either.
Old 2007-02-25, 10:32   Link #23
Lebron
I hear voices

True, but what they showed off at TGS, was way in the early stages. I think they should had just released a new trailer and called it a day, the gameplay wasn't far enough along to be showing it off. Still, I have faith, I like the concept and the character designs, and of course, the music.

However, ever since it was in development, their goal was for it to be a worldwide release. So it might very well release in NA this year.
Old 2007-02-25, 10:35   Link #24
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Quote:
True, but what they showed off at TGS, was way in the early stages. I think they should had just released a new trailer and called it a day, the gameplay wasn't far enough along to be showing it off. Still, I have faith, I like the concept and the character designs, and of course, the music.

However, ever since it was in development, they're goal was for it to be a worldwide release. So it might very well release in NA this year.
FFXIII goal was the same....Some things just aint going to happen. I would expect it around summer though of 2008. I think that would be one of the best ideas too. Since White Knight should be out then. You can have LO to help keep people on 360. kind of like balance it out

Oh interesting rumor is Level 5 is starting development on a 360 game also.
Old 2007-02-25, 10:44   Link #25
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoto View Post
FFXIII goal was the same....Some things just aint going to happen. I would expect it around summer though of 2008. I think that would be one of the best ideas too. Since White Knight should be out then. You can have LO to help keep people on 360. kind of like balance it out

Oh interesting rumor is Level 5 is starting development on a 360 game also.
FF13 goal was never 2007, only fans figured that :P I mean it was around 13% complete around TGS, where as, LO was around 40% if I'm not mistaken. To LO defense, they're actually doing the localization of the game along side the development. So a WW release is highly more likely, or if not WW, the western version releasing only a month or 2 after the Japanese version. Pretty much what Bandai Namco did with Xenosaga III

All I'm saying is I wouldn't count LO out for not releasing in the west this year. Let me have my hope

Level 5, back in talk with MS? HAH, I'll believe it when they announce that. They had that huge falling out with the whole True Fantasy Live Online fiasco, so yea I can't see them kissing and making up any time soon :P

But sure I hope its true, I would love for them to revive TFLO, or start a new project. Not holding breath though
Old 2007-02-25, 11:05   Link #26
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
I love it when topics gets rerouted and goes off course... lol
Good that it did for the time being.
Old 2007-02-25, 12:35   Link #27
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
It was just a matter of time. PSX was new and had better capabilities than the Nintendo, so why not jump onto a better platform. For KH3 to jump on the Wii would be going backward... I think. I'm just hoping the cutscenes will be as amazing as KH2 secret ending. But if not, I'll give it a slight chance of it ending up on the Wii.
I don't think so. It really depends on sales. Enough sales = enough games -_- Else expect massive crossplatforming.

And if Square really wanted KH to be on a better platform (ie. better graphics and such) they'd have put it on xbox or gamecube. But the ps2 had much better sales, thus it came out for ps2.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 14:44   Link #28
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Well considering the fact that Square is a part of Sony and gaining consumers loyalty is a plus. PS2 had better sales cause of it's larger selection of games than the xbox or gamecube.

Edit:

The way I see it, it's part of their strategy marketing, throwing one or two games to the other platform to draw in more consumers to their larger franchise.
Square apart of Sony? Since when? :P

They're just with them for the time being, just like they were with Nintendo back in the day. Of course, last gen, they gave Sony pretty much all the love, with their key franchises and what not. However, this gen, they seem to be balancing them out between Nintendo and Sony. It will be interesting to see where KH will land, since thats the last big SE franchise that hasn't been given a destination. FF13 will be on PS3, where as, DQ9 will be on DS. So maybe KH3 will land on Wii, swing your remote around like a keyblade ftw?

360 doesn't need to be mentioned
Old 2007-02-25, 14:56   Link #29
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
WHAT THEY'RE NOT!!!!!

I always thought that was one of Sony's departments.
lol, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not :P

Square just gives them the love, and in fact, Sony needs Square way more than Square needs Sony.
Old 2007-02-25, 17:50   Link #30
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Square just gives them the love, and in fact, Sony needs Square way more than Square needs Sony.
Unless, they make a sequel to Spirits Within and need Sony to bail em out again...

Edit: Guess, I should say something on topic. I'm already amazed by the amount of good looking RPG's coming to the 360 (thanks to this forum Trusty Bell is now on the list of games I'm going to have to buy). Wii has several companies that have announced that they're working on rpg's for the console but so far few have actual titles. Square just announced Actraiser for the Virtual Console so maybe some RPG's will surface for that (I'd settle for Earthbound/Mother). Japanese RPG developers will obviously prefer the PS3 if they're looking for high end graphics. If they're looking for larger sales than it's going to be a waiting game to see which console(s) have the largest user base world wide. Of course I can't really think of many RPG's last gen that were trying to wow me with graphics except the Final Fantasy games (no need to correct me, doubtless I'm wrong and they're out there; they just didn't catch my interest at the time and hence didn't get my money) so I'm wondering how many of these companies will swing the high end graphics route.

Last edited by Sanjuronord; 2007-02-25 at 18:14.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 17:58   Link #31
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuronord View Post
Unless, they make a sequel to Spirits Within and need Sony to bail em out again...
Touché

That was then, but this is now
Old 2007-02-25, 18:54   Link #32
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Considering the install base of the 360 in Japan (less than 200,000), anime RPGs on the 360 will be few and far between save for games published by MGS like Blue Dragon and in house projects.

The only hope for a traditional Jrpg on the 360 is when developers decide to cross platform the game with the PS3.
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 19:07   Link #33
Lebron
I hear voices

My job is done here. I have sold a few on Trusty Bell. That's what you call sneaky positive derailing

@Sanjuronord

Yup, I'm amazed too. Going by last gen, thought Xbox would never have any quality Jrpgs, but its amazing how its turned that around this gen. Sure it won't have as much as the other consoles, but compared to the Xbox, which had 0, good show. And yea, I don't think every developer will jump on that next-gen graphics boat, mainly due to development costs and the chance that they won't turn a profit for all the effort. So it will be interesting to see where their games go, I'm still putting my money on Wii and DS, though. Just seems the most logical as it stands right now.
Old 2007-02-26, 00:32   Link #34
KHyuga

I would say Wii because it targets a relatively younger age group.
KHyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 06:04   Link #35
Narumi
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine View Post
Considering the install base of the 360 in Japan (less than 200,000), anime RPGs on the 360 will be few and far between save for games published by MGS like Blue Dragon and in house projects.
Actually it's currently around 320K, but who's counting.

As for anime RPGs, I'm not quite sure what you mean, but if you mean J-RPGs, then the 360 is currently in a good position with Cry On, Lost Odyssey, Trusty Bell, Infinite Undiscovery, Mabinogi, Operation Darkness, DOA:Code Cronus, Magna Carta 2 currently being developed and Blue Dragon, Diario, Absolute Blazing Infinity, Spectral Forces 3, Phantasy Star Universe, FFXI, Tengai Makyo Ziria, Enchant Arms already released.

As for anime-inspired games, it only needs one, and that game is Idolm@ster
Old 2007-02-26, 06:18   Link #36
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Oooh, magna carta 2. That's one game I wouldnt mind seeing in HD.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 07:22   Link #37
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narumi View Post
Actually it's currently around 320K, but who's counting.

As for anime RPGs, I'm not quite sure what you mean, but if you mean J-RPGs, then the 360 is currently in a good position with Cry On, Lost Odyssey, Trusty Bell, Infinite Undiscovery, Mabinogi, Operation Darkness, DOA:Code Cronus, Magna Carta 2 currently being developed and Blue Dragon, Diario, Absolute Blazing Infinity, Spectral Forces 3, Phantasy Star Universe, FFXI, Tengai Makyo Ziria, Enchant Arms already released.

As for anime-inspired games, it only needs one, and that game is Idolm@ster
Well you pretty much hit everything right there

But to add to anime-inspired games there is also, Super Robot Wars, Zoids, and the Naruto game(following the American dub). Not OMG AWESOME, but still it's in a good position.
Old 2007-02-26, 17:48   Link #38
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Developers go put the most investment into the console they see the most potential return on. That said, developers are still wrapping up games and obligations which were set in stone before the PS3 and Wii launched. Releases from that long ago are no indication of how the market will wind up in a year.

Wait until 2008, if owning the market leader machine is important to you. There are no safe bets right now. Things look good for Nintendo, though. If things continue to go so well for them, expect the majority of all sorts of games appearing there. Of course, that's why you need to wait a year. Sony could still catch up. Microsoft could release a much less expensive version of the 360 and prove to be tough competition for both.
Old 2007-07-25, 23:56   Link #39
kaisabi
The Angel of Death

the wii is more likly to get them becase the game cube got a few and i dont think the xbox got any but then agin i dont know
kaisabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 00:27   Link #40
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

I think Wii since well it is the heart of many anime RPGs like Tales of Symphonia (sequel coming out =3)