Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-09, 22:08   Link #101
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

wow that was some badass animation. Some parts of it were actually done better than the manga, in fact. But i have one nitpick:

1. the black lighting and electricity stuff was totally unneeded when ikkaku released bankai.

BUt other than that, this episode was awesome. BGM was timed very well, it was full of action and stuff like that.
Old 2007-03-09, 22:43   Link #102
monir
cho~ kakkoii

What a f-word amazing episode. Whomever said, bald is teh s3x, wasn't kidding. Ikkaku, you beauty! The following is on behalf of your badassery:

Spoiler for saving space:

He could have easily smoked Ichigo the first time they met. Plot device to the rescue of Ichigo. Episode gets a 9.4 for the sheer entertainment value. The few decimel points I'm withelding is because the animation could have been better.
Old 2007-03-09, 23:19   Link #103
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
What a f-word amazing episode. Whomever said, bald is teh s3x, wasn't kidding. Ikkaku, you beauty! The following is on behalf of your badassery:.
Bald is teh Icon series started when Ikaku's Ban kai came in the manga . The Icon that started it was the first one below

If you are feeling Luckee

Spoiler for luckee:
Old 2007-03-09, 23:30   Link #104
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I shouldn't have clicked on that spoiler. My image of the awesome Ikkaku is some what lessened, I tell you. Curse the ever curious me. *shakes fist at GetaB for tempting.
Old 2007-03-09, 23:44   Link #105
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

After that I am not feeling so Luckeee -sob sob sob- . Posted some Ikkaku goodies in Image Request and Ridiculous Image threads Waving the Ikaku flag since 06 Xp
Old 2007-03-10, 01:36   Link #106
scorpio516

Quote:
The few decimel points I'm withelding is because the animation could have been better.
I think it could have gotten those decimal points if it were a 100% Ikkaku ep
Old 2007-03-10, 02:55   Link #107
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Thanx Last_Hope glad you liked it
How could I not like something so badass. But to be serious, I think you kept the intense environment with the choice of colouring, hence it´s badassery. I mean, even though a colorist(?) know pink wouldn´t have fitted in the image is very easy to lose a lot of the intensity when one colors it. But you did not lose any of the intensity at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516 View Post
So says the badass guy with the badass avatar

I'm looking forward to a badass flashback next ep

Really, I'm looking forward to it, I've liked all the flashbacks to pre-ep 1 time, but the squad 11 ones (read: Zaraki and Yachiru) especially...
Fixed it for you.

Since I read the manga, yes I can read , I´m not going to "speculate" about upcoming events but I think it should be alright to tell you that next episode is going to fit in the category "good episodes".

Quote:
What a f-word amazing episode. Whomever said, bald is teh s3x, wasn't kidding. Ikkaku, you beauty! The following is on behalf of your badassery:

He could have easily smoked Ichigo the first time they met. Plot device to the rescue of Ichigo. Episode gets a 9.4 for the sheer entertainment value.
Quoted for truth.

I don´t have any complaints with the animation, even though it can always be better, so I shamelessly put this quote out of its context.

You know, ever since I read this manga chapter quite some time ago I´ve been waiting for this episode and then it finally comes and the anime-team delivers! It´s been some glorious days for Ikkaku and his followers.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!

Last edited by Last_Hope; 2007-03-10 at 03:05.
Old 2007-03-10, 08:22   Link #108
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope View Post
It´s been some glorious days for Ikkaku and his followers.
True. I wonder how many people besides me were smitten by Ikkaku's awesomeness the very first time he appeared? Most people I knew saw him as...

1. Tenkoji wannabe from Kotaro. (( who's also a shiny baldhead with a similar streak ))
2. Ichigo fodder #596855
3. What a lame dance. That's so ghey.

Then again, I thought Grimjoww was teh sex who's 2nd only to Ikkaku the moment he debuted as well, so I've got strange taste, I suppose.

And, monir...teh shame. That spoiler should've enhanced your awesome image of Ikkaku, not lessen it. That dance is awesomeness incarnate.

Though frankly, I LOVE IKKAKU and his Bankai's designs are awesome (( over-sized three-side blades ftw )), but I wasn't fond of this so-called plot device. Yes, it can be argued when fighting Ichigo, he was taken aback by Ichigo's power and the sudden power strike that he didn't have the chance to go Bankai, but it's almost as if he didn't went with all he's got while retaining the "fun" of fighting Ichigo.

Next week, Ikkaku's backstory gets expanded. I loved how the anime team added to Renji/Rukia's backstory so I should be pleased. It'll probably end the same way Rukia/Renji did as well.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-03-10, 09:01   Link #109
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Spoiler:
Oh, oh! Me, me! *Jumps up and down*. I actually rooted for Ikkaku when he went up against Ichigo. He´s my favourite character in Bleach, and now when he´s shown us his own bankai people can´t come and say. "He doesn´t even have a bankai, cannonfodder!". Now no one can deny the badass-aura that surrounds him.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Old 2007-03-10, 11:27   Link #110
Yoruichi
Lover of Soi Fon

Wicked episode to be sure, damn Ikakku's bankai is huge, another Ichigo-ish type, as Isshin said once "everyone would be weilding skyscrapers", guess Ikakkus is something to that effect, can't wait to see what he will do now that his zanpaktou has awoken.
It was said that the Arrancars power lies soley in their Zanpaktou, which means if any of the good guys can find a way to destroy any of the baddies Zanpaktous, does that mean it will kill them straight up?
Poor Rukia, I was all psyched to see her actually help out the cause for once, now they had to sideline her again, that pissed me off, NNNNEEEEE SAAAAANNNN... noooooooooo!!!
The corelation between Zaraki and Ikakku are so very simular (as was mentioned) 1) Both psychos 2) both live to fight 3) Both hate to go out, to them it's a sign of weakness having to go all out, but sometimes it can't be helped. Thing is Ikakku has to go bankai whereas Kenpachi just has to use his trump card, meaning remove his eyepatch for the extra needed dose of riatsu. Just thinking about it now, can Kenpachi even go Bankai? I mean he doesn't even know the name of his Zanpaktou, so I'm guessing no, unless I messed something somewhere in past episodes.
Also as was mentioned before as well I think, arn't Shinigami powers reduced on earth as to reduce unnecessary influence, and if they arn't allowed to go all out how is it their powers kept in check, controlled by the higher ups at soul society? Or is it just told to the Shinigami when they leave to keep their power levels down, kind of like the honor system, ah so many questions.
Looks as though Ichigo will have to tough it out alone against Grimmjow, and I'm thinking he may have no choice but to let his hollow side take over or at least help try to defeat this monster in order to survive. Thing is it may be even more dangerous to allow him to take over Ichigo, just so much drama and complexity keeping me on the edge of my seat, guess I'll have to hibernate for 2 weeks until the next one, even though it looks to be a history lesson about the 11th squad.

...speaking of I wonder if we will ever see Yachirus true power someday, we got a taste of it when Ichi fought Kenchan, but would love to see the little pink flaming deaths full power. Also Yoruichi and mister sandle hat better get their asses in gear and help out the cause, Goddess of Flash FTW!!!
Old 2007-03-10, 12:04   Link #111
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoruichi View Post
Wicked episode to be sure, damn Ikakku's bankai is huge, another Ichigo-ish type, as Isshin said once "everyone would be weilding skyscrapers", guess Ikakkus is something to that effect, can't wait to see what he will do now that his zanpaktou has awoken.

It was said that the Arrancars power lies soley in their Zanpaktou, which means if any of the good guys can find a way to destroy any of the baddies Zanpaktous, does that mean it will kill them straight up?

Poor Rukia, I was all psyched to see her actually help out the cause for once, now they had to sideline her again, that pissed me off, NNNNEEEEE SAAAAANNNN... noooooooooo!!!
The corelation between Zaraki and Ikakku are so very simular (as was mentioned) 1) Both psychos 2) both live to fight 3) Both hate to go out, to them it's a sign of weakness having to go all out, but sometimes it can't be helped. Thing is Ikakku has to go bankai whereas Kenpachi just has to use his trump card, meaning remove his eyepatch for the extra needed dose of riatsu. Just thinking about it now, can Kenpachi even go Bankai? I mean he doesn't even know the name of his Zanpaktou, so I'm guessing no, unless I messed something somewhere in past episodes.
Also as was mentioned before as well I think, arn't Shinigami powers reduced on earth as to reduce unnecessary influence, and if they arn't allowed to go all out how is it their powers kept in check, controlled by the higher ups at soul society? Or is it just told to the Shinigami when they leave to keep their power levels down, kind of like the honor system, ah so many questions.
It's not all Shinigami that have reduced powers it was stated that only Captians and VC's have their power reduced to 20%.

Quote:

Looks as though Ichigo will have to tough it out alone against Grimmjow, and I'm thinking he may have no choice but to let his hollow side take over or at least help try to defeat this monster in order to survive. Thing is it may be even more dangerous to allow him to take over Ichigo, just so much drama and complexity keeping me on the edge of my seat, guess I'll have to hibernate for 2 weeks until the next one, even though it looks to be a history lesson about the 11th squad.

...speaking of I wonder if we will ever see Yachirus true power someday, we got a taste of it when Ichi fought Kenchan, but would love to see the little pink flaming deaths full power. Also Yoruichi and mister sandle hat better get their asses in gear and help out the cause, Goddess of Flash FTW!!!
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2007-03-10, 14:53   Link #112
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope View Post
Quoted for truth.

I don´t have any complaints with the animation, even though it can always be better, so I shamelessly put this quote out of its context.
I'll take it. It's not everyday I get quoted for the "truth" without getting a follow-up angry PM. As for the animation, it was good, but it was no where near some of the spectacular animation we have seen in Bleach. There was a brief glimpse of that very good animation when the Arrancar manifests its shikai. Even the character design changes in those few seconds. What was consistently superb (barring the first few minutes) about this episode was the art. Those screenshots I took pretty much evident of the quality of the art. When Ikkaku was shouldering the weight of the Arrancar, and the camera pans a slow 180 degree from below.... That scene worked simply because of that gorgeous adrenaline pumping art and style. There was no movement in that frame other than the camera moving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
True. I wonder how many people besides me were smitten by Ikkaku's awesomeness the very first time he appeared? Most people I knew saw him as...

1. Tenkoji wannabe from Kotaro. (( who's also a shiny baldhead with a similar streak ))
2. Ichigo fodder #596855
3. What a lame dance. That's so ghey.
I fell into the number two category with added observation of a clownish bald guy who likes to dance the weird dance before becoming the Ichigo fodder #596855. Not impressive at all. This episode and the last few seconds from the last episode, washed away all the silly-tag attached to Ikkaku's being a-weird-bald-guy-who-dances-the-weird-dance. If Ikkaku is in this caliber, I get goosebump at thinking what his loli-VC can do with a talking knife. Ken-chan sure has a few monsters' hiding in his division. Too bad the loli isn't here. In a way it's a good thing because if the loli was here, then Ken-chan would have been here. And if Ken-chan was here, then Ikkaku would have been robbed of his glory. Either way, the cool bald guy is now has replaced Renji as my favorite male VC. I must also admit that Renji is my favorite because of the tatto and has nothing to do with his fighting skill.

Speaking of Renji, looking forward to seeing him loose again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516 View Post
I think it could have gotten those decimal points if it were a 100% Ikkaku ep
Wholeheartedly agree!!!!!
Old 2007-03-10, 19:24   Link #113
shenzu

Ikkaku aint a VC so he wouldnt get his powers limited..

only captains and Vice-Captains are

(as Renji said to Ichigo in their SS fight)
Old 2007-03-10, 19:43   Link #114
Nico

Quote:
As for the animation, it was good, but it was no where near some of the spectacular animation we have seen in Bleach.
i'll have to disagree with you there, i would go as far as saying this ep had some of the best animation in bleach so far. Granted, the good animation parts were mostly confined to the part where the arrancar released his zanpaktou, much like ep 114 when ichigo was getting knocked around, the part where Ikkaku was being knocked around was movie quality. A good indicator of production value is at 15:15, where it featured full proper lip-synching (where the mouth actually shapes the words) which is extremely rare in tv anime, probably due to cost and time.

the lip syncing only appeared at that moment, so the animation may have been a little inconsistant, but when it was good, it was the best bleach animation yet
Old 2007-03-10, 21:00   Link #115
astrallionheart

^

The animation in this ep was pretty similar to most Bleach eps...move and pause, move and pause, except for one key scene that stands out stylistically over the rest of the episode.

The one scene that was totally out there was the one where the arrancar punch on Ikkaku sent him across the surface of skyscraper's windows, followed by the arrancar's head-bobbing/shaking while calling Ikkaku a "baffoon." It looked like a totally different animation team did that scene alone. Not only did Edorad look different, but it looked like he was taken right out of a anime film scene, and didn't look like it was taken out of any of the stock manga images. I thought it looked really bizarre, because it had too much fluid motion in a talking scene (where-as Bleach has always been stiff--use a manga image/cell, animated the mouth moving, the head might move to the side *after* speaking, then pan to next speaker).

It's as if they needed a filler scene during the combat, and they just dumped 1/3 of the budget to some outsourced animation group. While Edorad is in his "fluid conversation" scene, he looks a lot like he was done by an OVA-quality team, and he looked like he was animated with some kind of hybrid cell-shading like the Macross OVAs were done. You can tell immediately after that scene, that Edorad returns to a harder, stiff-cell manga-look. Not that it's any worse, but it looks alot like a film-level animation group jumped in to do just that one scene, while the rest of the episode was done by a (still quality, but not stylistically film-level) animation group.

While the stylistic dancing back-and-forth looks strange, this little boost (what I believe anyway) definitely makes the episode more enjoyable from the eye-candy POV.
Old 2007-03-11, 00:41   Link #116
Wosho128
I like tinkering on stuff

Holy crap.

After being bored with Naruto, I watch the latest episode of Bleach; my expectations were exceedingly low.

This episode was great! But did anyone else notice that Ikkaku has a huge spine when his back is shown? Maybe it's simply because he's hunched over. Anyway, Ikkaku proves that a bald man can play a significant role in a Shonen series. You go, boy! He's become one of my favorite characters.
Old 2007-03-11, 17:23   Link #117
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Quote:

Spoiler for saving space:

He could have easily smoked Ichigo the first time they met. Plot device to the rescue of Ichigo. Episode gets a 9.4 for the sheer entertainment value. The few decimel points I'm withelding is because the animation could have been better.
I second your comment, that Ikkaku was incredible in that episode. Hopefully, he takes after his "dad" Zaraki; completely insane.

As for Ichigo (and Rukia), I can't wait to see his reaction, just to compare it to when Orihime was injured...
Old 2007-03-11, 20:13   Link #118
Master zoid pilot

Send a message via AIM to Master zoid pilot Send a message via MSN to Master zoid pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichigoismyhomie View Post
ikakku is one crazy son of a bitch. I guess this episode show that he definitely earned the title "2nd strongest person in 11th squad". But if he's the 2nd strongest person in the squad, why does he scared to lil yachiru-san? does he afraid zaraki will kick his ass if he spank lil yachiru the way she deserves it? He also afraid to matsumoto couple episode ago. He should be able to give her titty twist with no problem......unless toshirou do something about it.........

so sad seeing such a powerful man being looked down by a bunch of women.....
Didn't they say 2nd strongest man?

that's why yachiru might be stronger than him.
Old 2007-03-11, 20:34   Link #119
Lendial

the 11th squad guys sure get alot of attention. gota love the crimson red reiatsu. i would wager ikkaku is stronger than yachiru but recognizes yachiru's place in kenpachi's heart.

the upcoming grimxichi is sure to be great.
Old 2007-03-11, 22:03   Link #120
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master zoid pilot View Post
Didn't they say 2nd strongest man?

that's why yachiru might be stronger than him.
Well that is a nice way of phrasing yachiru might be stronger or weaker than ikkaku, that sentence still stands anyway. Personally i have no idea who is stronger at all XD Yachiru dosent have a sword release apparently, but oh well who knows.
Closed Thread