Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-16, 15:25   Link #421
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
I've never seen one of those before, so now I'm very curious. I have no idea what they sound like.
Wiki entry for Melodica
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 15:48   Link #422
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
Thanks!

Meanwhile...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu View Post
I'm not sure if any of the viewers realise the extent of Nodame's talent with the piano, since we only get bits and pieces of her performances. When we get to her arc, it will become apparent that she has some bad experiences in her childhood and well, is a child prodigy who has lost her way.
That's interesting, because right from the beginning I've thought Nodame reminded me of David Helfgott, the Australian guy whose life was dramatized in the movie, Shine. Nodame's not that dysfunctional, but the whole bit with her not bathing or throwing out her garbage struck me that way.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 17:05   Link #423
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Episode 8 was fantastic which is no surprise, With a full cast of likable characters it so hard not to get into it. Each character is so unique you cant help but to love all of the. The scene with Nodame playing the chopin was so beautiful i never get tired of scenes with her playing, the animators did such a good job with her expression while she is playing, its almost like shes in another world.

Also looks Chiaki has allies where he least expects it, others have recognized his potential but his phobia is really holding him back. Also, the fact that Nodame has also been noticed makes me think we will see many more interesting events in her character development.

God if Chikai and Nodame had a child he/she would be a musical guineas given the fact that musical talent is an inheritable trait.
Old 2007-03-18, 20:06   Link #424
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
Next episode, it's Chiaki's turn with Rachmaninoff.
Indeed, this is the episode i've been waiting for ever since i heard the news that the series would be turned into an anime. Its going to be a epic Thursday for me. o/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
God if Chikai and Nodame had a child he/she would be a musical guineas given the fact that musical talent is an inheritable trait.
There child would turn out to be a crazy Tsundere psycho --- wondering about its musical talent should come last. :3

Also, does anyone know whats to come with the first DVD?
Old 2007-03-18, 21:24   Link #425
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
Ahh episode 9 was great. It's nice seeing parts that weren't in the drama (so now I can't foolishly compare them... )

I <3 Stressman so much.
Jewelray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 04:21   Link #426
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Spoiler for epi 9:
Old 2007-03-19, 04:57   Link #427
issei

the show continues to demonstrate the emotive comedy that draws viewers to it. by introducing a bevy of flawed-but-likable characters to support the flawed-but-harder-to-like protagonist chiaki, and the usage of the flawed-but-lovable nodame as a foil to chiaki, nodame cantabile hits all the right high notes, pun intended.

what tends to drag other shows of this nature down is a lack of character development; nodame cantabile has no such problem (thus far, at least!)

Spoiler for episode 9 and beyond:
Old 2007-03-19, 05:28   Link #428
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 9.

Oh god, I love these characters. I know I've said it a million times before, but it's these characters that make this show so awesome and so enjoyable. Really, it's just an absolutely killer cast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issei View Post
the show continues to demonstrate the emotive comedy that draws viewers to it. by introducing a bevy of flawed-but-likable characters to support the flawed-but-harder-to-like protagonist chiaki, and the usage of the flawed-but-lovable nodame as a foil to chiaki, nodame cantabile hits all the right high notes, pun intended.
If Nodame Cantabile ever gets licensed, you should write the promos on the back of the DVDs.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 08:25   Link #429
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

I hated Chiaki in episode 9

Spoiler:
hitokirigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 09:27   Link #430
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitokirigirl View Post
I hated Chiaki in episode 9

Spoiler:
It's the reverse psychology trick
Plus he's a tsundere, it ll be highly uncharacteristic that he be nice and comfort nodame. Imo, he genuinely cares for her... judging by the way he asked Nina about her piano.
Old 2007-03-19, 09:31   Link #431
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
he genuinely cares for her... judging by the way he asked Nina about her piano.
I wouldn't say cares for her, more like he cares about her musical talent. We've already seen just how different it is --- and Chiaki knows that.
Old 2007-03-19, 10:47   Link #432
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
It's the reverse psychology trick
Plus he's a tsundere, it ll be highly uncharacteristic that he be nice and comfort nodame. Imo, he genuinely cares for her... judging by the way he asked Nina about her piano.
Well, in previous episode, he let her kiss him on purpose He's sometimes nice, oh well, I think it's only when he cooks ^^"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I wouldn't say cares for her, more like he cares about her musical talent.
Definetely. And he lost faith in Nodame too quickly IMO. After all, he's the one who listened to Nodame's playing the most.
hitokirigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 11:49   Link #433
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I thought Chiaki's relationship with the orchestra he conducts showed he had matured a lot over the earlier episodes. He seemed to me to be keeping his ego more in check and actually appeared to enjoy the collective activity of making music with an orchestra. Of course this orchestra was presumably more talented than the S okie, so Chiaki's earlier feelings of superiority had less of a role to play here.

I think it's hard to say what the state of the "relationship" is between Chiaki and Nodame at this point. Frankly, I'd find it hard to be attracted to someone so clingy and dependent as she has seemingly become. Now that he's not hitting people, I have more sympathy for Chiaki.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 13:06   Link #434
Hunter Nin.

I am absolutely loving this anime, can't wait to watch ep 9.
Hunter Nin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 13:08   Link #435
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by issei View Post
a bevy of flawed-but-likable characters to support the flawed-but-harder-to-like protagonist chiaki, and the usage of the flawed-but-lovable nodame as a foil to chiaki,
LOL, that is the best description of this show I have heard!
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 14:00   Link #436
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
It's interesting to see where this is going. It's pretty obvious that a real-life
Nodame would be one heck of an uncanny talent.

Someone with innate musical talent and the ability to play something perfectly
just by hearing it once would be a real asset for any musician.

So, we'll see where it goes. But I think absence does make the heart go
fonder.

I'd wondered when Saiko would reappear.

I've purposely avoided watching the softsub of the live animated version
and will wait until the animated series is over to watch them simply because
I am enjoying this too much as is.

So, I wait.
Old 2007-03-19, 18:02   Link #437
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I think it's hard to say what the state of the "relationship" is between Chiaki and Nodame at this point. Frankly, I'd find it hard to be attracted to someone so clingy and dependent as she has seemingly become. Now that he's not hitting people, I have more sympathy for Chiaki.
i agree that hes taken control over his temper and omg i even see him smiling and crack a joke O.o (is this the same chiaki?) ~ but bless nodame...we know that her talent is not so much reading the scores but her great ears..still she tired so hard...to the point were she turned zombie like scaring a certain someone

and Stresemann is more and more a legend "i dont like it"

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 18:19   Link #438
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Eps 8 and 9 were great, and although it was kind of a shame Nina didn't find out that Nodame was playing the piano at the end, this might be the more interesting outcome. In ep8 Stresemann noted that she wouldn't end up with Chiaki at this rate, and in ep9 we kinda see why. She doesn't seem to be motivated enough by the music itself because of her obsession with Chiaki, and I can't help but wonder why she went to music school in the first place. Sure, she likes playing when she does, but you don't need a musical education to become a kindergarten teacher. Well, Chiaki's gotten a few more fans, and I'm pretty sure that reporter lady that is totally smitten with him will show up again sooner or later.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 19:19   Link #439
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Eps 8 and 9 were great, and although it was kind of a shame Nina didn't find out that Nodame was playing the piano at the end, this might be the more interesting outcome. In ep8 Stresemann noted that she wouldn't end up with Chiaki at this rate, and in ep9 we kinda see why. She doesn't seem to be motivated enough by the music itself because of her obsession with Chiaki, and I can't help but wonder why she went to music school in the first place. Sure, she likes playing when she does, but you don't need a musical education to become a kindergarten teacher. Well, Chiaki's gotten a few more fans, and I'm pretty sure that reporter lady that is totally smitten with him will show up again sooner or later.
Well, I'm not surprised you have this impression from episode 8/9. As the series continue towards the later arcs, you will see the reasons for Nodame's somewhat warped outlook on her music... and on life itself.
Old 2007-03-19, 22:09   Link #440
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu View Post
As the series continue towards the later arcs, you will see the reasons for Nodame's somewhat warped outlook on her music... and on life itself.
I'm looking forward to that.

Do Nodame's various exclamations actually mean anything, or are they just nonsense words?
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, nodame cantabile, noitamina, romance