AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2007-03-19, 21:04   Link #221
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
But sometimes I wish Nagisa got a better name (no offense).
I think Nagisa (渚, meaning "shore (of an ocean)") is a pretty name though. And unlike other Key characters, the significance of Nagisa's name is actually touched upon in the story too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
he is the comic relief of Clannad!!
Sunohara is responsible for about 50% of the laughs in CLANNAD (a further 40% by Akio-san), many of them powerful enough to trigger asthma attacks. Famous quotes include "borrow me your boobs!" and "let's go eat lunch... and toilet seat cover".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricerocket View Post
this really worries me how kyoto will manage to animate clannad... controrary to many game fans of kanon, i actually think kyoto did an excellent job on mashing together the different stories or "lines" from the game... but clannad has much, much stricter plot lines for different girls that to combine them into one like kyoto did for kanon would mean to eliminate a huge chunk of elements from every plot line that make clannad so good to begin with... i really doubt even kyoto can pull it off
I don't want to spoil too much, all I can say is you probably don't have to worry about that. As long as the storyboard is worked out right, CLANNAD should be much easier to animate compared to Kanon.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 21:24   Link #222
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

After hearing about who's doing Nagisa's voice, now I really want to check this series out. I mean, Mai Nakahara of all people (as if Kyoani must be investing a lot in this to put someone with Mai Nakahara's credentials in to the series), the one who's also done:
Chitose Nanbu (Amaenaideyo)
Mai Tokiha (My-HiME, My-Otome)
Midori Kasugano (Midori Days)
Miina Miyafuji (Onegai Twins)
Nagisa Aoi (Strawberry Panic!)
Nanaha Misaki (Tactical Roar)
Yuna Konnyaku (Kage Kara Mamoru!)
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 21:30   Link #223
velocity7

Sushi-Y: Don't forget when Akio calls Tomoya, Char Aznable.
Old 2007-03-19, 21:34   Link #224
eggplant
Eggplant

There's going to be a CLANNAD talkshow corner this coming Saturday from 3PM at the Pony Canyon booth during the Tokyo Anime Fair, featuring guests Nakahara Mai and Noto Mamiko.

I'm going to attend TAF for 3 out of the 4 days, and plan on seeing this event, barring unforseen circumstances (the event itself may be regulated or cancelled due to the popularity of CLANNAD), wherein I will try to post a report.

Tentative event list for TAF 2007 posted here.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 21:51   Link #225
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
Maybe this is the other reason...

Both Air and Kanon had anime to back their popularity, while CLANNAD only had the game to boost its popularity...

Fate/stay night also had an anime backing... And I think that most of the doujin's fate/stay had was from the anime(when I was browsing danbooru before).
If you were to pin me down, I'd say the vast majority of Fate/stay Night images were inspired by the game. I pretty much started my image posting habit in the F/SN subforum, and it was a great place to start. There were tons of images and wallpapers floating around. There were several characters with relatively minor roles in the anime, but considerably larger roles in the game, who were popular fan artist targets. Rider for instance. Almost all of the Rider images I've seen were inspired by the two Fate games.

The same is true of ToHeart 2, which was also hugely popular with fan artists. There is probably more Touhou art posted every day than any other series. The sheer volume of work Tohou inspires amazes me, and clearly its popularity is game driven. I'm not sure about Air, but I suspect the majority of Kanon images and doujins were inspired by the game as well. The Kanon game has been around a lot longer than Clannad. That might be one reason there is more Kanon art floating around.
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 01:23   Link #226
ricerocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
I don't want to spoil too much, all I can say is you probably don't have to worry about that. As long as the storyboard is worked out right, CLANNAD should be much easier to animate compared to Kanon.
hmm... not sure about you, but in the version I played I really don't see how it's possible to even mash two of the plot lines together and still maintain the original structure

Spoiler:

but then again, i don't really care about clannad that much..... kyoto needs to start working on FMP DVMC or at least the next season of haruhi >.<
ricerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 02:29   Link #227
Catnips

Im not really surprised that Kyoto Animation will made an anime version of CLANNAD which is a really nice game.....
Catnips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 02:34   Link #228
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post
There's going to be a CLANNAD talkshow corner this coming Saturday from 3PM at the Pony Canyon booth during the Tokyo Anime Fair, featuring guests Nakahara Mai and Noto Mamiko.

I'm going to attend TAF for 3 out of the 4 days, and plan on seeing this event, barring unforseen circumstances (the event itself may be regulated or cancelled due to the popularity of CLANNAD), wherein I will try to post a report.
It's gonna be so crowded it won't even be fuuny. Have fun, あとで報告よろー

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricerocket View Post
hmm... not sure about you, but in the version I played I really don't see how it's possible to even mash two of the plot lines together and still maintain the original structure
It's true that Tomoyo's scenario might be a little tough, but they can always pull another Shiori.
Spoiler:
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 06:05   Link #229
FireChick

New info on Clannad is today. Try and check it out.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 06:11   Link #230
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
So, is Clannad actually going to be aired this fall? there s plenty of time till the date.
What are we to watch meanwhile?
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 06:13   Link #231
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikorai View Post
So, is Clannad actually going to be aired this fall? there s plenty of time till the date.
Oh, plenty, depending on your tastes. Taking a look at the New Announced Anime thread should give you a good idea of what's to come first.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 06:17   Link #232
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
If you mean specifically from KyoAni - Lucky? Star.
Old 2007-03-20, 06:20   Link #233
Storm-and-Fire

[Thanks for the explanation... Though I had figured it out by the time I saw the replies...]

Last edited by Storm-and-Fire; 2007-03-20 at 06:25. Reason: Sorry guys...
Storm-and-Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 06:20   Link #234
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I'm interested in seeing how sola is going to turn out. So from the site, it's going to be a mad dash now to collect all 8 Kanon DVD postcards.

@Storm-and-Fire: That was talking about the Clannad premium (Clannad Invitation DVD which contains NC OP and ED and other promotional clips) on top of the Kanon keychain that you get if you mail in all the Kanon postcards that came in the LE versions of DVDs 1-8. The deadline is to have it postmarked September 10th. Info is in DVD 8.

Last edited by orion; 2007-03-20 at 06:32.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 06:23   Link #235
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-and-Fire View Post
I'd really love to know what THIS means....
It's just what we already know: Final date for Kanon DVD purchasers to apply for CLANNAD Invitation special DVD.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 06:25   Link #236
mt-i

Quote:
So, is Clannad actually going to be aired this fall?
This is unconfirmed at this time, as far as I know. Many hoped an airing date would be announced today, but the website update is only about the "Clannad Invitation DVD" that purchasers of all limited edition DVDs of Kanon will be able to receive in September (and this is not really news, MOONPHASE announced it last Friday). That was to be expected I guess.
mt-i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 06:28   Link #237
velocity7

September 10 for entries of CLANNAD Invitation it seems...
Old 2007-03-20, 08:01   Link #238
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Did somebody say Hokuto no Ken and Gundam references in Clannad?

:P

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 08:10   Link #239
velocity7

Gundam yes, but I'm surprised at the lack of Hokuto no Ken references.

Though, mind you, I haven't played Tomoyo's route.
Old 2007-03-20, 08:48   Link #240
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
It's true that Tomoyo's scenario might be a little tough, but they can always pull another Shiori.
Spoiler:
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, romance, school life, seinen