5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.71%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 2.12%
Voters: 283. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-24, 15:16   Link #401
Seska

Well, after reading here some postings. my conclusion...

Spoiler:
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 15:16   Link #402
Juvyniled

After watching the episode following 4st's subs, Lelouch most likely came to his senses when Euphemia renounced the throne. He's really got a lot of spite against the nobility and the empire, and it seemed that he did somewhat genuinely accept her proposal. Euphemia mentioning Nunnally's name did somewhat strike him and I believe in all this he found some of the humanity that he's disregarded up to this point. I do possibly agree somewhat that Lelouch might've worked with the proposal now that he's gaining some perspective as to how he's isolated himself from those he really cares about, but I'm still left to believe he would continue to pursue the destruction of the empire to solidify his sister's protection. I believe this will motivate him to pursue peace for the Japanese people in the process since it hasn't hit him until now when the Japanese are calling for his aide (there was a scene when he questions why they are forcing the title of "saviour" on to him). Despite the tragic turn of events, this is good development for Lelouch since he won't be so blind-sided by his ambitions (at least not to the extent he was before).

I can see why there might be some blame upon him, but it isn't entirely his fault. Lelouch did get a taste of his Geass almost going out of control when he was about to tell that Nobleman to die, but even he couldn't have known it was going to end up the way it did. Still, I don't pity him as much as I did before since he was originally going to Geass her to shoot him and have her destroy her reputation in the process. I somewhat pity Euphemia in that she was caught up in all of this despite having all the best intentions, but her hubris is her naive sense of resolving matters and it has led to her demise.

Now that Suzaku has been shot at by all sorts of Britannian officials, the only way I see him returning to the Britannian army is through a pardon by either Cornelia or Schneizel... and even then, given that the newscast were broadcasted all over the world... there is going to be MASSIVE upheaval. There's no way the empire can smooth this deal over, and I'm left to believe that they'll have to coerce people into behaving with force.

Kaguya is pretty staunch. But she'll end up as another one of Lelouch's sidekicks who shares the same ideals unless she takes a leadership role and imposes her influence on people.

Also, I don't really believe it was his intention to save the boy wholly out of compassion. Those men were nobility. Lelouch despises the nobility and their arrogant nature. But Lelouch does change only after Euphemia renounces her title.
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 16:17   Link #403
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvyniled View Post
Now that Suzaku has been shot at by all sorts of Britannian officials, the only way I see him returning to the Britannian army is through a pardon by either Cornelia or Schneizel... and even then, given that the newscast were broadcasted all over the world... there is going to be MASSIVE upheaval. There's no way the empire can smooth this deal over, and I'm left to believe that they'll have to coerce people into behaving with force.
Suzaku isn't in the kind of situation where he needs to be pardoned for anything... yet. It's just that the pilots on the scene of the massacre decided to execute Euphie's orders to the letter. Apart from them being way too trigger-happy, I expect that Suzaku was not exceedingly popular with the other Knightmare pilots due of course to being an Eleven.

But this order is not the general policy of the Britannian empire, and even though Cornelia went along with Euphie's plan for the SAR in order to save the government's face (and Euphie's public image, as contradicting her at that point would really put a dent in Euphie's political career), I doubt she will willingly go along with the indiscriminate massacre of the subjects entrusted to her (until they all openly declare for Zero, anyway). Attacking the OotBK forces in the area, is, of course, a separate issue.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 16:26   Link #404
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
For what? He didn't disobey any orders.

In fact since he himself is of a high ranking soldier, it's THOSE soldiers who are disobeying him and at the same time are firing on him, yes he's japanese but he's an honorary britannian and they are simply using it as an excuse. If they get out of this mess they'll going to face some serious reprecussions.

Quote:
But this order is not the general policy of the Britannian empire, and even though Cornelia went along with Euphie's plan for the SAR in order to save the government's face (and Euphie's public image, as contradicting her at that point would really put a dent in Euphie's political career), I doubt she will willingly go along with the indiscriminate massacre of the subjects entrusted to her (until they all openly declare for Zero, anyway). Attacking the OotBK forces in the area, is, of course, a separate issue.
Cornelia's not stupid, she's heading to the area because things have gone out of hand and she's going to try and stop it or at least get Euphie out of there.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 16:30   Link #405
Asianknight82
Banned

When the propaganda of Zero being blamed for everything that has happened, Shirley is going to freak and blab on his true identity, I just feel it.
Asianknight82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 16:43   Link #406
Zishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asianknight82 View Post
When the propaganda of Zero being blamed for everything that has happened, Shirley is going to freak and blab on his true identity, I just feel it.
We will probably see that in the last episode I think that has the title

Spoiler:

But I agree what your saying. Its probably going to happen sooner or later, especially after this massacre.
Zishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 17:25   Link #407
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

"rings the Kill'em all bell" Time for the ultimate slaughter to begin!!!!
Old 2007-03-24, 17:28   Link #408
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
I'm curious about the reaction of the japanese fans to this episode. I mean overseas fans seem to be reacting in an overwhelmingly positive manner towards this episode. How are the japanese fans taking it?
Well, there are two distinct groups. One group simply takes it all like the fictional story it is, while another group thinks the anime's going too far with this. Not for the portrayal of the massive killing of Japanese people, but for the inferences to real life historical events that once occured in the Asia region.

Most agreed that the last part of the anime was heartwrenching to watch. Obaasan~ (つДT)
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 17:55   Link #409
sx3
0 Gundam

geez, i wonder how many people died in that stadium alone this episode and to think this was all an accident too
sx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 17:56   Link #410
dagr81
The legendary dragoon

Quote:
Most agreed that the last part of the anime was heartwrenching to watch
i just could't believe it, well i can just this episode was just grate

the good once allways fail why o why
dagr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 18:12   Link #411
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagr81 View Post
the good once allways fail why o why
Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-24, 18:17   Link #412
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asianknight82 View Post
and ill be here saying "why you back stabing *****!!!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Spoiler:
well meer was pink headed...and yuffie must have got some of her genes

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 18:25   Link #413
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
Well, there are two distinct groups. One group simply takes it all like the fictional story it is, while another group thinks the anime's going too far with this. Not for the portrayal of the massive killing of Japanese people, but for the inferences to real life historical events that once occured in the Asia region.

Most agreed that the last part of the anime was heartwrenching to watch. Obaasan~ (つДT)
What's their reaction to Lelouch himself? He was massively popular before so I'm wondering if that will soon change. That doesn't seem to be happening too much here, though I have noted the occasional "Lelouch MUST DIE!" posts at other overseas forums/blogs. But that seems to be only a handful of people. Most still seem to like Lelouch.
Old 2007-03-24, 18:26   Link #414
monkymeet

Yuffie/rambo shooting from the hip was hilarious

This episode was amazing. I love this show
monkymeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 18:36   Link #415
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Given that Euphemia's death is all but certain next episode, what with all the death flags, I can't say which of the following scenarios I'd prefer:

1) Euphemia's and Suzaku's geass commands conflicting in a most violent manner with Suzaku killing her;

or

2) Lelouche puts down Euphemia in front of Suzaku/Cornelia

Which one would provide the bigger drama?
Old 2007-03-24, 18:39   Link #416
zalem

I personally think it's going to be the second one. Damn, Suzaku and Cornelia will REALLY hate Zero after this (if it turns out that way).
Old 2007-03-24, 18:47   Link #417
lightbringer
M9000

It's pretty much certain that it will end with the second one. I think Suzaku's "live" geas is just a red herring in this case Second's also the more dramatic one imho, because it forces Lelouch to confront his "sin" head-on instead of letting others sort out the mess. I can already see him shedding silent tears and apologizing to Euphie in his head while pulling the trigger, swearing that her sacrifice will not be in vain. T_T It will harden his resolve while at the same time making him the ultimate enemy for Suzaku, Cornelia, and Nina - it will get very personal for those three (well, it already was quite personal for Cornelia).
Old 2007-03-24, 18:55   Link #418
lyric

The peace is almost coming...a tiny joke smash everything
however, if not, this series is over.

btw...Japan is too open-mind...what a political chaos
anyway= = no gain no pain...Lelouch
lyric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 18:55   Link #419
snowJT

this show is getting out of control, how is it going to end with 4 more episodes to go
snowJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 18:59   Link #420
saner

Good episode, but I hope Euphemia won't die.

If Lelouch kill her it will be a proof that he becomes inhuman. She was one of his the best friend and even perspective bride. Killing her won't change anything. He should save her and C.C. should make her forget about the order (we don't know whether C.C. can cancel geass' orders

I hope Euphemia will join Lelouch in order to fight against Britania.

I wonder what will happen to Suzaku, he is Japanese so everyone wants to kill him at the moment, what is more, even if Euphemia's order were cancelled, we wouldn't know how he will be treated by Britannia later.
saner is offline   Reply With Quote