AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-16, 16:44   Link #101
zalem

Hmmmm....don't particularly like the song. Maybe it'll have a nice animation sequence though. Hopefully...
Old 2007-03-17, 00:17   Link #102
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26 View Post
im holding out hope that this anime could reach the caliber of the masterful gankutsuo...
Since I was somewhat disappointed by Gankutsuo, I am holding out hope that it will be better.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 04:25   Link #103
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Since I was somewhat disappointed by Gankutsuo, I am holding out hope that it will be better.
Same here. And you know what? I wouldn't have been so disappointed if Gonzo's first trailer of Gankutsuo hadn't contained all the cool scenes from the novel that were ended up NOT used in the show!

Seriously, where is the pistol duels! The suicide! And the scene with Eugénie Danglars kissing her lover behind the piano! (Eugénie is a lesbian! How dare they change that!)

Gonzo was that close to being faithful to the book, but no, they took the easy way out and abandoned all that.

Seriously, the only thing they kept was Beppo. I just don't get it... Why is Beppo left the way he was, but Eugene's story got dumped?

Back on topic, at least this time Gonzo made no attempt in disguising their whole-sale alterations of the source material. So I would be able to approach R X J with an open mind.
Old 2007-03-22, 21:40   Link #104
Hatter
Never Knows Best

Apparently the first episode aired as a special sneak preview last Sunday, but I haven't seen it up anywhere yet.

Anyone planning to pick it up?
Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 11:42   Link #105
kauldron26
Med Student

i loooooooooved Gankutsuo with a passion. That anime was profound on so many different levels. and i have hope for romeo and juliet too because Gonzo did such a great job with Gankutsuo. shit every sinlge scene in the anime can be used as a wall paper. If ony they decided to use the same art style for romeo and juliet as they did in Gankutsuo.
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 17:36   Link #106
Bazaa

I'm really excited for this series, ever since I watched the trailer (seems like it was ages ago already).
I also thought that the first episode was going to air on Sunday, but it has all been so quiet =x I really want to watch it XD
Bazaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 01:00   Link #107
Runesque
Reluctant Designer

Just visited the offical site (very good-looking). I experienced goosebumps just listening to the OP and not in a good way... sort of the same feeling as when I first heard Jpop being juxtaposed against Le Chevalier d'Eon. Will reserve judgement until I see episode one even though I'm with the excited!!crowd.

Ah, April 4th is only days away...
Runesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 17:41   Link #108
xcxcxcc

wow!!! i just saw the preview because i had nothing better to do, and it looks pretty darn good. i just hope that gonzo dosen't fuck it up like they did with the count of monte cristo. but rigth now im really anxious and i cant wait for it to come out, i just love tragic love stories (even though they make feel like shit)

two thumbs fucking way up for Romeo x Juliet
xcxcxcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 06:12   Link #109
Bazaa

Hm, so it's going to air today, I guess... Will anyone be watching it? Or has it already premiered? XD
Old 2007-04-04, 07:20   Link #110
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazaa View Post
Hm, so it's going to air today, I guess... Will anyone be watching it? Or has it already premiered? XD
Tonight...tonight... it all begins tonight...

(rather appropriate, given that West Side Story is also an adapatation of Romeo and Juliet)

Anyway, yes, I'm sure there'll be a lot of people watching this - it's had some pretty good buzz thus far.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 07:22   Link #111
lommm
l'homme de lommm

i can't wait for it!!

@BluWacky: damn you! now i've got natalie wood's voice stuck in my head! lol :P
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 12:40   Link #112
Mitheor

New Trailer
Mitheor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 13:23   Link #113
Rikichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitheor View Post
WOW! http://www.romejuli.jp/g_move640_2.html
Old 2007-04-04, 13:32   Link #114
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
That's a good trailer. Although, I must say that the mix of Robin Hood and Shakespearean angst is surprising. 8)

I really liked the song as well, even though even though the singer is desperately trying to be some kind of Japanese Whitney Houston.

And one thing I especially enjoyed was the look of complete stupidity on the faces of our protagonists. There is absolutely no better romance than romance between idiots in love. Just that amazed look on their faces is enough for me to want to see more of this.

Oh, and the menacing look on Tybalt's face tells me that he is going to become the RxJ mid-boss. 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 13:36   Link #115
7Th
Mixtape

Heh, really fun trailer. I don't really care if they closely follow Shakespeare adaptation as long as they keep the "foolish doomed love" theme and create an enjoyable product out of it. From the looks of it they're actually doing so while developing an EPIC feeling behind the romantic plot itself, which I somewhat like to be honest.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 16:56   Link #116
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Wasn't this supposed to air tonight?
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 17:01   Link #117
Bazaa

According to a site I've visited today, it has already aired =S
Old 2007-04-04, 17:19   Link #118
BluWacky
尻の竜

It has aired, but only on CBC which is a Nagoya only broadcaster. Shows that are on nationwide affiliates at the same time (lots of channels broadcast the TV Tokyo shows on the same night, for instance) are more readily available; there's tons of Seto no Hanayome raws around, for instance. As it's a) a girly show and b) on a regional channel only at the moment, the Japanese probably aren't as interested as we are.

Nevertheless, there is a raw for episode 1 out there of about 370 megs in size of which I have 60 megs at the time of typing. Now, however, it's time I went to bed!

EDIT: except I didn't go to bed, and in fact stayed up until it finished downloading. And oh, was it worth it. Great first ep - bugger all to do with Shakespeare really, unsurprisingly, but it's great fun. Very reminiscent of Kaleido Star in a lot of ways but totally stands on its own two feet and has a wonderful atmosphere all of its own; top stuff.

Last edited by BluWacky; 2007-04-04 at 18:29.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 18:49   Link #119
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
There be pikchurz of the first episode in here: http://nov.2chan.net/24/res/1385233.htm

Looks... surpisingly moe. 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 18:53   Link #120
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWacky View Post
It has aired, but only on CBC which is a Nagoya only broadcaster. Shows that are on nationwide affiliates at the same time (lots of channels broadcast the TV Tokyo shows on the same night, for instance) are more readily available; there's tons of Seto no Hanayome raws around, for instance. As it's a) a girly show and b) on a regional channel only at the moment, the Japanese probably aren't as interested as we are.

Nevertheless, there is a raw for episode 1 out there of about 370 megs in size of which I have 60 megs at the time of typing. Now, however, it's time I went to bed!

EDIT: except I didn't go to bed, and in fact stayed up until it finished downloading. And oh, was it worth it. Great first ep - bugger all to do with Shakespeare really, unsurprisingly, but it's great fun. Very reminiscent of Kaleido Star in a lot of ways but totally stands on its own two feet and has a wonderful atmosphere all of its own; top stuff.
Heh, thanks for the impressions. Looking forward to watching it, sounds like a fun and charming ride.

As for the "moe" factor, well this has Kaleido Star vibes after all, and that show was full of it.

Also, here is the opening, say thanks to Manuloz: http://stage6.divx.com/user/nack/vid...eo-X-Juliet-OP
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance