AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-31, 00:29   Link #1
latergator07

Everyone seems to think that Natsuki rejected Shizuru in Hime... not the truth

Okay everyone seems to think that Natsuki rejected Shizuru in Hime when Duran got huge and Natsuki gave her explanation about how emotions affect the Child right before they went at it... so not it. What your about to read is off of Wikpedia on the description of My-Hime.

"In a final confrontation Shizuru fights Natsuki, who having accepted her love for Shizuru now has a new most important person and has hence regained her powers, along with Duran increasing drastically in size. Shizuru misunderstands Natsuki's explanation for Duran's increased size, and believes the "omoi" (literally emotion) Natsuki feels for her is hate. An emotional Shizuru believes that Natsuki has rejected her feelings and entraps her under a bell before drawing her into an embrace. However, Shizuru is taken aback when Natsuki kisses her and then orders Duran to destroy both himself and Kiyohime, which results in both Natsuki and Shizuru disappearing in each other's arms."

I swear i got that straight off that site and if you wanna check it yourself here it is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shizuru_Fujino

I've seen this anime 4x and after going to descriptions and reading this i saw it again and it does make sense.
Old 2007-03-31, 03:20   Link #2
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Ur....we know this. We also know that Natsuki isn't sexually attracted to Shizuru and wants a platonic relationship. But that's not going to stop Shizuru.
Old 2007-03-31, 03:21   Link #3
Sansana
a green tea lover

Send a message via ICQ to Sansana Send a message via MSN to Sansana
Um... I don't want to sound rude, but I really don't think that everyone thinks like this. I wonder if there is anyone ?_?

I believe it was shown quite clearly in anime that Natsuki does not hate Shizuru.
Old 2007-03-31, 03:57   Link #4
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

I think the best way to describe the relationship between Natsuki and Shizuru at the end of HiME is ambiguous. We have no idea how far those two will go.
Old 2007-03-31, 04:33   Link #5
Zelene2004

In the Mai Hime Anime Vol 2 book, it says:
"After all the fights had ended, Natsuki once more spoke gentle words to the graduating Shizuru. Before one knows, happiness will visit these two..."
It's pretty much canon that they end up together eventually. In the Prelude, it says that Natsuki rejected Takeda, but knew that she had to accept Shizuru's feelings.

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 2007-03-31, 17:15   Link #6
Pazu
F

Quote:
Originally Posted by latergator07 View Post
Okay everyone seems to think that Natsuki rejected Shizuru in Hime (...)
No, there is large amount of people who think the opposite, what is also confirmed by few official sources (bookled in 9th DVD, "Natsuki's Prelude", Mai Hime Animation Guide part 2)
BTW This part of Wikipedia information may be debatable: "and then orders Duran to destroy both himself and Kiyohime" IMHO Duran destroyed only Kiyohime ( for hardcore ones: watch it closely ), what made Natsuki greensparking, what made Duran disappear, what made Shizuru greensparking.
Old 2007-03-31, 19:23   Link #7
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
People also forgot that Natsuki said she loves Shizuru but not in the same way Shizuru loves Natsuki.
Old 2007-03-31, 20:23   Link #8
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloodlust Kid View Post
People also forgot that Natsuki said she loves Shizuru but not in the same way Shizuru loves Natsuki.

Yes, that was in episode 25, however there is an epilogue after episode 26 that explains (like what Zelene and Pazu mentioned) in the Mai Hime Animation guide book that explains that their relationship went further.

Plus with 'Natsuki no Prelude' it basically defines their canoness. Natsuki did indeed send Takeda a rejection letter and thought to herself (on the same cliff that her mther perished) that there was someone's feelings she must accept.

So in the end, she chose to follow that route that lead to Shizuru d(^___^)b

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2007-03-31, 20:43   Link #9
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazu View Post
BTW This part of Wikipedia information may be debatable: "and then orders Duran to destroy both himself and Kiyohime" IMHO Duran destroyed only Kiyohime ( for hardcore ones: watch it closely ), what made Natsuki greensparking, what made Duran disappear, what made Shizuru greensparking.
Please do suggest an alternative phrasing then, so that I might correct that...?

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
Old 2007-04-02, 03:05   Link #10
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

In anime Natsuki did reject Shizuru's romantic feelings. In the guide it is suggested that she may accept them in future. The fact that she rejected Takeda means only that she doesn't like this particular guy. I think there is quite a long way from "friendly" love to "romantic" love for Natsuki, but it's not impossible.

I really like and support ShizNat, in case someone doubted. I just think we shouldn't replace canon with fanon.

PS. Don't believe everything written in wikipedia. Users may add any information there, even unsupported officially.
Old 2007-04-02, 03:50   Link #11
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleo Scanti View Post
In anime Natsuki did reject Shizuru's romantic feelings. In the guide it is suggested that she may accept them in future. The fact that she rejected Takeda means only that she doesn't like this particular guy. I think there is quite a long way from "friendly" love to "romantic" love for Natsuki, but it's not impossible.

I really like and support ShizNat, in case someone doubted. I just think we shouldn't replace canon with fanon.

PS. Don't believe everything written in wikipedia. Users may add any information there, even unsupported officially.

Here's an excerpt of the last part of "Natsuki no Prelude"

"Distancing herself from Takeda's feelings had been easy for her, and thinking about it now filled her with relief, and a little nostalgia. As the school was closed down, besides sending the leaving Takeda a short message - "Thank you. I'm sorry." - she had not been able to muster any reply.
But, for Natsuki, there was still someone else - someone whose feelings she must truly accept.
Even if she didn't fully understand, even then she had to try her best to answer.
- If that's the case, I have decided what path to take...
Even if she might not hold the feelings Shizuru desired.
Because she loved Shizuru – that was the truth."

I think this pretty much sums up that Natsuki didn't actually reject Shizuru.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2007-04-02, 04:35   Link #12
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Lone Wolf, but it's exactly what I say. I never said she did reject Shizuru's love in general, but she would prefer friendly or sisterly love on that stage.

In anime Natsuki did reject Shizuru's romantic feelings.

Because she loved Shizuru – that was the truth.
Old 2007-04-02, 08:46   Link #13
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleo Scanti View Post
Lone Wolf, but it's exactly what I say. I never said she did reject Shizuru's love in general, but she would prefer friendly or sisterly love on that stage.

In anime Natsuki did reject Shizuru's romantic feelings.

Because she loved Shizuru – that was the truth.

*And* there is nowhere that said she prefered a 'friendly', 'sisterly' love. All it said was love. And for the screenwriter to use the word "yasashii" in the epilogue...I don't know if it's just me but I don't speak very affectionately to my friends LOL. 

I know one translator used the word 'gentle' as the translated word for yasashii but the word is a bit stronger than that. More like a strong 'tenderly' or 'yearningly'. Again, i wouldn't even act this way with my sisters or friends.

Anyhow, for episode 25 the kind of 'love' was left vague only to advanced in the epilogue.

*sigh*...too early in the morning for me right now...I don't even sound coherent LOL.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2007-04-03, 06:08   Link #14
X207
Gamyūsa

i think natsuki accepted shizuru in the end to a extent. though she wont go as far as shizuru would like her to.
Old 2007-04-03, 14:26   Link #15
Efreeta
Secret gardener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazu View Post
what is also confirmed by few official sources (bookled in 9th DVD, "Natsuki's Prelude", Mai Hime Animation Guide part 2)
Just for the few who don't know, there is a beautiful translation of 'Natsuki's Prelude' at

http://apollyon-0.livejournal.com/8637.html

I thought it was worth mentioning it, for completeness
Old 2007-04-06, 12:07   Link #16
Light.

I think there's different ways to interpret it. I think that's why they are written ambiguously. Take it how you want it.
Old 2007-04-12, 18:40   Link #17
Fishbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by latergator07 View Post
Okay everyone seems to think that Natsuki rejected Shizuru in Hime when Duran got huge and Natsuki gave her explanation about how emotions affect the Child right before they went at it... so not it. What your about to read is off of Wikpedia on the description of My-Hime.

"In a final confrontation Shizuru fights Natsuki, who having accepted her love for Shizuru now has a new most important person and has hence regained her powers, along with Duran increasing drastically in size. Shizuru misunderstands Natsuki's explanation for Duran's increased size, and believes the "omoi" (literally emotion) Natsuki feels for her is hate. An emotional Shizuru believes that Natsuki has rejected her feelings and entraps her under a bell before drawing her into an embrace. However, Shizuru is taken aback when Natsuki kisses her and then orders Duran to destroy both himself and Kiyohime, which results in both Natsuki and Shizuru disappearing in each other's arms."

I swear i got that straight off that site and if you wanna check it yourself here it is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shizuru_Fujino

I've seen this anime 4x and after going to descriptions and reading this i saw it again and it does make sense.
Wikipedia articles are written by fans too just fyi. It's completely up for interpretation, I think most people agree that it wasn't a rejection anyway
Old 2007-05-16, 18:06   Link #18
tsaieric

Send a message via Yahoo to tsaieric
Well, first of all, I think Natsuki did reject Shizuru. I think Natsuki views Shizuru as a friend rather than what Shizuru thought of her, since everything I have seen in the anime suggests that. Furthermore, Shizuru was killed by the explosion in Episode 25 and the green sparks was from Natsuki. Furthermore, Duran's key is Natsuki's belief in her mother. The source of strength is not necessarily from a person, it can be from a thought such as the in the case of Mai.
Old 2007-05-16, 21:28   Link #19
Zelene2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaieric View Post
Well, first of all, I think Natsuki did reject Shizuru. I think Natsuki views Shizuru as a friend rather than what Shizuru thought of her, since everything I have seen in the anime suggests that. Furthermore, Shizuru was killed by the explosion in Episode 25 and the green sparks was from Natsuki. Furthermore, Duran's key is Natsuki's belief in her mother. The source of strength is not necessarily from a person, it can be from a thought such as the in the case of Mai.
Natsuki explicitly states that Shizuru is her most important person in episode 24, when Shizuru is trying to kill Nao. They both go up in green sparks b/c they are each other's MIP. The source of strength comes from the feelings that they have towards their MIP.
It can also be argued that Shizuru was always Natsuki's MIP, but she didn't realize it yet since she didn't awaken until after she was friends with Shizuru. In that respect, it can also be argued that Mikoto was Mai's MIP in the final episodes, rather than her feelings for Tate Yuuichi.

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 2007-05-21, 04:09   Link #20
w1zkid

Alright lets get this straight... kuga loves shizune in a sisterly and family way and nothing more. After reading that prelude it states that she rejected takeda and accepts shizune feeling. Notice that she watched the hime star after. That means that this all happened before the kiss she gave shizune and her pet growing bigger. She only realized her most important person and what love really meant because she never wanted to feel it. This doesnt mean that since shizunes her most important person she must feel the same way shizune feels about her.

She quotes.. *Shizuru, you were the first one who came to me when i was unable to believe anyone. But I cant have the feeling you wish I did.*

After that she told her pet to blow up shizunes.

the quote is from episode 25 (16:21)time

sorry
Closed Thread