Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-18, 22:07   Link #121
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigerRay
You can all say Kei is annoying, he's my effin Hero. Seriously, he can be annoying all he wants when he banging a attractive woman like Mizuho. I would be, damn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rei
Onegai Twin >> Onegai Teacher, IMO Simply because Maiku >>> Kei IMO How's that for a mature male lead
Of course Maiku has to be a mature male lead. What would happen to his oniichan street cred if he wasn't? And what's the use of having loli sisters if they wouldn't look up to him? He has to be dependable and responsible. He has to be cool, because that's the role he plays. The guy works, supports his live in "sisters," and has the eyes of a lot of admirers in school, male and female. What's not to like, you ask? Perhaps just one thing. At the end of the day, this setup still basically preaches to the choir, and stays true to typical lolicon fantasy.

Kei on the other hand, has to be on that "verge of growing up" phase—somewhere in between moving on and his standstill. To start things off, he marries an older woman who was, interestingly enough, in search of her father. The good thing about him is that he indeed does grow up. He even helps one of his friends concerning (gasp!) relationship problems. And the fact that he's decisive enough to reject Koishi also shows his growth as a character. On the other hand, the whole charade he and Ichigo play in the latter parts of the story is a bit too much in my opinion.

It seems to me, that the difference in character depends on the main premise and the kind of story each series strives to tell. Think of it this way: Kei has pale skin, gentle boyish looks and a mild-mannered personality, and he marries an older woman—his teacher. Maiku has those cool gaijin blue eyes and a pretty boy appeal, a dependable and likeable guy to his peers, so he gets a couple of lolis. Makes sense to me.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 06:40   Link #122
rei
Nya~ I'm a good actress

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigerRay View Post
Screw Kai, I'll take Herikawa. Rawr!
Heh! Not a chance! She's taken already ...by a much, much more mature man. Good for her. I was NEVER cheering for Kei x Herikawa anyway.

Speaking of Kei, if my memory is correct, he still isn't any taller than Mizuho (I could be damn wrong though, gotta rewatch OTw) Bah! And I thought boys are supposed to grow big faster.

Looking at them being together, I still failed to get the impression that they're husband & wife. More like, a mother & her son. I guessed I'm not used to older woman x teenage boy relationship. I wonder if there are couples like them in any other anime.
rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 07:09   Link #123
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rei View Post
Speaking of Kei, if my memory is correct, he still isn't any taller than Mizuho (I could be damn wrong though, gotta rewatch OTw) Bah! And I thought boys are supposed to grow big faster.
Mizuho is still taller, and generally girls mature faster than boys. But that's not the only reason why she's taller. There's that age gap too you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rei
Looking at them being together, I still failed to get the impression that they're husband & wife. More like, a mother & her son. I guessed I'm not used to older woman x teenage boy relationship. I wonder if there are couples like them in any other anime.
Well, define what you exactly mean by "in any other anime."

Within the mainstream, I can only remember about four more (and even more than that if we're going to include the Tenchi series into this count.) But on the adult side of things such themes are actually quite commonplace.
Old 2007-05-01, 18:31   Link #124
Lamington

Quote:
Heh! Not a chance! She's taken already ...by a much, much more mature man. Good for her. I was NEVER cheering for Kei x Herikawa anyway.

I felt the same way. In fact, seeing them together actually creeped me out.

Last edited by Lamington; 2007-05-01 at 18:32. Reason: typo
Lamington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 18:49   Link #125
TigerII
Pilot in Training

The walking scene after the sex in the OVA really creeped me out. She was so much taller. Really looked like a mother and son. But that was the point. Un-orthadox relationships. Two sets of teacher and student relationships and then in twins a possible incest relationship.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 19:45   Link #126
Lamington

Is the OVA episode 13?
Old 2007-05-01, 20:36   Link #127
TigerII
Pilot in Training

yes

The one where we find out whats her name got with the male teacher and it showed them have sex. Or start to at least.
Old 2007-05-01, 21:36   Link #128
Lamington

Isn't that technically statutory rape?
Old 2007-05-01, 21:59   Link #129
kujoe
from head to heel

Koishi hasn't gone that far with him yet. When Koishi is shocked to see Kei and Hazuho entering a love hotel, Ichigo simply teases her that she could do it with the male teacher too if she wants to. But whatever. I wouldn't be surprised either way.
Old 2007-05-01, 22:32   Link #130
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Age of consent in Japan is 14 - 12 if no one involved complains
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 22:40   Link #131
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Well, by Twins it was pretty obvious she did get with him.

And jesus, 14? 12??!
Old 2007-05-01, 22:54   Link #132
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
And jesus, 14? 12??!
It's 14 in most of the world outside the USA...
It used to be 12 in Japan, but there was some pressure to change it. I hear the level of enforcement varies, though.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 23:01   Link #133
TigerII
Pilot in Training

U.S. is strict. But doesn't affect me. I go for older women.
Old 2007-05-02, 15:11   Link #134
Lamington

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Koishi hasn't gone that far with him yet. When Koishi is shocked to see Kei and Hazuho entering a love hotel, Ichigo simply teases her that she could do it with the male teacher too if she wants to. But whatever. I wouldn't be surprised either way.
Actually, that does make more sense.

I wonder how common relationships are like Kaede and Hyosuke's in Japan. They seem pretty active for being 15.

Last edited by Lamington; 2007-05-02 at 15:23.
Old 2007-05-02, 17:46   Link #135
TigerII
Pilot in Training

You think Kaede went to Tokyo University with him or did the split. I wonder, I wonder.
Old 2007-07-19, 09:47   Link #136
Jafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Serious? No. I doubt anyone took the aliens and the main premise that seriously. (But ironically, I did find OTe to be more serious in some areas. OTw needed the comedy to keep the incest angle light-hearted, whereas Kei was already eighteen years old. Nice twist, huh?)

When it comes to which one was more dramatic or a better story, it depends on who you ask.
this is the best reply ive read of all of em so far

if OTw became more serious then things like in the episode where that blue the red head girl was sleeping on the blue haired one even tho they mite b sisters and wen both girls tried kissin maiku mite become a bit too much

however even tho some people said that mizuho was too whiny for me shes the reason that onegai teacher wins hands down
shes a good character shes my fav anime girl of all time
<marry me mizuho>
Jafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-20, 07:27   Link #137
Kaede Misumi
Kaede Rules!!!@#$!

Location: the beautiful Australia (actually its so hot here at the moment)
Send a message via MSN to Kaede Misumi
Please teacher.

well call me strange but i always no matter the show, no matter how great the main characters are, i go for theunderdog characters. the ones that have few lines. my fave for please teacher is Kaede Misumi, hence the name. i always go for the characters that arnt in it much and i love her.

shes awsome.

oh well beggers cant be choosers. i guess i cant change it.
Kaede Misumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 13:27   Link #138
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
I don't know about in anime, but when I was 15 I was dating a 28 year old nurse for a few months. Amusingly, I never once ran into any classmates when we were out, and my parents while not very supportive, also didn't put up too many obstacles. Probably figured (correctly) that things would take care of themselves...

Back to the topic - anyone else think that the recent song with the lyric "You'll pass through me on my way to you" could make a great AMV for this series (particularly the final "standstill")?
Old 2007-12-08, 09:26   Link #139
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

Kai looked like a 15 year old boy, but he really was 18 years old, which looks like, to the principal, wasn't a problem...
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 09:54   Link #140
Asrialys

lol Didn't the principal marry his wife after she graduated from high school?

Tags
drama, romance