AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2007-04-23, 18:25   Link #141
MrZombie

Well, I'll agree with you about the opening, I thought the ending was a little weak. The animation was very good, but I found the "English" signing to be rather poor, even though the lyrics were well done.
MrZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 09:43   Link #142
bloodmoon0011

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

I LOVE this anime so far, but I'm a bit confused. Can anyone tell me what's going on? What I mean is, after the first 5 for so episodes, it seems like the story has reset. I thought it was just a flashback, but then events that had already happened were done a different way, like when Keiichi finds out something important on the second or third episode, then finds it out again on the 6th in a different way. Can someone tell me what's happened? I think these are just different endings, like the endings to the movie Clue or something. No spoilers, PLEASE.
bloodmoon0011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 10:31   Link #143
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
It's rather hard to tell you why those things are happening if we can't give you spoilers.

Try the Older Series Discussion for Higurashi, lots and lots of info there for you.

http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 20:11   Link #144
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodmoon0011 View Post
I LOVE this anime so far, but I'm a bit confused. Can anyone tell me what's going on? What I mean is, after the first 5 for so episodes, it seems like the story has reset. I thought it was just a flashback, but then events that had already happened were done a different way, like when Keiichi finds out something important on the second or third episode, then finds it out again on the 6th in a different way. Can someone tell me what's happened? I think these are just different endings, like the endings to the movie Clue or something. No spoilers, PLEASE.
No spoiler version:
Each chapter is a different scenario that portrays one possible outcome given the underlying circumstances. The key factors are always the same, so the trick is looking for things that happen differently and then trying to figure out why they happened that way versus the previous scenarios.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 22:30   Link #145
eggplant
Eggplant

According to this site, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai, which airs from July, will be 24 episodes long, including the following arcs:
  • Minagoroshi-hen
  • Matsuribayashi-hen
  • Yakusamashi-hen
Yakusamashi-hen will be an anime original arc, which will air prior to Minagoroshi-hen, according to Ryuukishi 07.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 22:39   Link #146
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post
According to this site, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai, which airs from July, will be 24 episodes long, including the following arcs:
  • Minagoroshi-hen
  • Matsuribayashi-hen
  • Yakusamashi-hen
Yakusamashi-hen will be an anime original arc, which will air prior to Minagoroshi-hen, according to Ryuukishi 07.
an epilogue arc?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 23:19   Link #147
MrZombie

Doesn't sound like it since he said it'll air before the game's seventh chapter.

Last edited by MrZombie; 2007-04-25 at 23:25. Reason: Sounded kinda harsh, so I added a smiley.
MrZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 23:52   Link #148
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

*lights some big candles* make it as a 26 ep season, makes it as a 26 ep season, makes it as a 26 ep season, ...
W00t, 24 episodes ! (2 less than predicted but XD). they wouldn't screw minagoroshi and matsuribayashi ! (8 episodes for each arc will probably solve the big fat flaws of the previous season)

aside of this good news, there is another one : like i though with the previous rough sheets, the character design have a major improvement.
the hair, and especially the eyes are pretty much more detailed. (on the other hand, Rika lost a bit of her moe part in the process XD)

sounds like their budget is finally decent XD

Edit : As i could understand with a loosy Babelfish translation of Ryukishi07's comment, it appears that Yakusamashi will be important for more insights with the concept of "worlds".
and it appears it will help linking both season, since the first end was really open, and would hardly fits with minagoroshi prologue.
Eggplant, or anyone who is able to read moon language can confirm this?

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-04-26 at 00:05.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 23:59   Link #149
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

24 episodes for three arcs? All of the original game arcs plus an anime original?

Eggplant, you just made my day
Old 2007-04-26, 01:27   Link #150
harukamae
だんご大家族の一人

Send a message via MSN to harukamae
I'm surprised Miotsukushi-hen isn't on that list, since it's supposed to be the "true ending" according to Wikipedia, but still, it's lookin' real good for season two! ^^
harukamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 04:27   Link #151
Rias

Sure gives me the feeling that Yakusamashi-hen = Kakeramusubi part of Matsuribayashi-hen...probably works better that way than the way Matsuribayashi-hen is orignally presented
Rias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 04:37   Link #152
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Random thought:
I guess Yakusamashi would be translated as 'Disaster Awakening'?
Old 2007-04-26, 08:06   Link #153
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Sure gives me the feeling that Yakusamashi-hen = Kakeramusubi part of Matsuribayashi-hen...probably works better that way than the way Matsuribayashi-hen is orignally presented
If it's something like this, it's good, but these pieces are kind of random...
I wonder how they'll manage to make a real episode with the pieces withouth making it look like they are giving out everything in a silver plate... (even though that's how it is in the sound novel...)
Old 2007-04-26, 09:05   Link #154
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

moetron just posted the same news eggplant gave:

Linky
Old 2007-04-26, 20:21   Link #155
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

This is certainly good news. It feels good to know that the final acrs will be animated. I hope the new original arc ties up the many loose ends of the first series.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 20:41   Link #156
TigerII
Pilot in Training

So will this explain how each arc is connected. At first I thought it was just a retelling of the story. When I found out they are all connected and the time keeps getting reset, it blew my mind. Hopefully this season will explain it all.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 20:43   Link #157
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

The announcement of the new scenario is a surprise, but it makes sense. After all, it would be quite sudden to start a new season with Minagoroshi-hen, not to mention it will probably leave everyone except those who are truly familiar with the story clueless.

On the other hand, as a game vet, I sure don't want to see them cutting things out from the original arcs again just because of the new arc though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Random thought:
I guess Yakusamashi would be translated as 'Disaster Awakening'?
More like "misfortune awakening".
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 09:19   Link #158
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
This is good news... maybe this first arc will act as a substitute for the Minagoroshi-hen prologue.
Supergrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 16:18   Link #159
Level E
みwiki

I wonder which characters will be in Yakusamashi... I'm guessing the main story for Yakusamashi will be focused on Rena though, since that new character looks too much like Rei-mama version.

I'm also guessing that maybe it'll start kinda like the beginning of Minagoroshi's prologue then flashing back to the other stories, as Rika-chama trying to recall what happened? That'll be a good way to reintroduce the other characters (besides the main cast) who play a major part in the Minagoroshi and Matsuribayashi Hen (mostly the adults). Otherwise having that bastard and his b*tch come back and Mr. Super Hero saving the day later won't have too much of an impact. I wonder if DEEN will keep the awesome lines during that fight? There's so many of them. ^o^ what did he say? ...this is nothing / So what? Care to tell me your pay? www. The way Ryukishi 07 executed those lines (while corny) was so freaking awesome. I'll be terribly disappointed if there's no Matrix end and Fumanai de!!! intro. Or the stand off scene with the two powers at the end of the intro of Matsuribayashi. And I hope they put in the Akuma no Kyakuhon in too... it's a good way to tie back to Tsumihoroboshi Hen. It would be nice to have Frederica Bernkastel added into the cast too, since "she" does have a part in Minagoroshi and the Pieces Puzzle. やっぱ未成年が飲むところ、ヤヴァイか。

*sigh* even with all the improvements I see from the links (new staff, better animation) just the horrid of knowing DEEN's credibility of keeping/executing key scenes has me...

I'm happy and have mix feeling at the same time with this news.

Last edited by Level E; 2007-04-27 at 16:30.
Level E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 18:46   Link #160
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level E View Post
I wonder which characters will be in Yakusamashi... I'm guessing the main story for Yakusamashi will be focused on Rena though, since that new character looks too much like Rei-mama version.
Same here. I'm thinking some sort of flashback story.

Quote:
Otherwise having that bastard and his b*tch come back and Mr. Super Hero saving the day later won't have too much of an impact.
Keiichi and his otaku army was just brilliant
...They'll probably cut that out though. RIP Kameda-kun.

Quote:
I wonder if DEEN will keep the awesome lines during that fight? There's so many of them. ^o^ what did he say? ...this is nothing / So what? Care to tell me your pay? www. The way Ryukishi 07 executed those lines (while corny) was so freaking awesome. I'll be terribly disappointed if there's no Matrix end and Fumanai de!!! intro. Or the stand off scene with the two powers at the end of the intro of Matsuribayashi.
Matsuribayashi-hen was just a splurge of in-your-face action scenes. It was exhilarating just to read through them as long as you don't try to think about everything logically.
I totally went "kya--o(>ヮ<)o" when Shion and Kasai busted out their AK-47s.

But what shined the most for me was probably the awesomeness of the supporting cast. Akasaka was a given, but even Oishi, Tommy, and Iri got me squealing over their coolness. ^^;

Quote:
*sigh* even with all the improvements I see from the links (new staff, better animation) just the horrid of knowing DEEN's credibility of keeping/executing key scenes has me...
The ending of Minagoroshi-hen and Takanon's recall of her past in Matsuribayashi are my biggest concerns.

The two scenarios have more memorable piano tracks than any other previous chapters too. I'll miss dai-san's "Live" (Minagoroshi-hen ending), "being" (Matsuribayashi-hen opening) and "ふたり。ひとり。" (Takano's flashback theme) for sure.

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2007-04-28 at 00:18. Reason: getting chapter names mixed up ^^;
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote