AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 31 Rating
Perfect 10 33 42.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 32.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 12.99%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.79%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.60%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.30%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-17, 11:46   Link #21
Jerseykid

Wow, a new character was the last thing I expected and then boom.
Old 2007-05-17, 11:58   Link #22
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
holy crap!
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-17, 11:58   Link #23
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolfan View Post
Out of pure boredom.

Shouldn't Sasuke be writing
Spoiler for Naruto:
name in the book instead of Chouji's?
Old 2007-05-17, 13:28   Link #24
tstyle

hi everyone, i lurk here a lot usually, just reading but first time post ^^;

had a strange question i thought was kind of a hole in the plot...

wouldn't the investigation team find it suspicious that Ryuuk suddenly went missing? ._. (he was with mikami at the end right?)

other then that it was a pretty good ep and im expecting good things^^ (havent read manga yet)
Old 2007-05-17, 14:49   Link #25
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Where in the world does misa find these outfits at.

Ah but putting that aside the new characters pretty damn cool. The guy writes even more psycho then light...Maybe thats one of the requirements for a truely successful kira.

Show still feels alittle weak post-L, but still one the better anime series ive seen in recent memory.
Old 2007-05-17, 17:02   Link #26
Jaden

All right, Light has gotten a little smarter again. He can't fight Near and Mello directly, but he can always rely on the burden of proof.

Mikami is just the type of person he needs in his struggle, and he still gets to keep Misa for other purposes. ^^
Old 2007-05-17, 21:44   Link #27
Lendial

mikami killing those guys was so awesome , it looked like a well drawn fight scene
Old 2007-05-18, 04:32   Link #28
kboykb

Man, this is the only anime i've seen that makes some of the most boring things look AWESOME! lol.. that 3rd eliminate was crazy, I couldn't help but laugh lol.. Mikami's officially the man now.
Old 2007-05-18, 04:47   Link #29
rem

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedai View Post
-waits forsubs-
does mikami have the shigami eyes?they really look like it in that spoiler...
He does. If you watch him during one of the elimination scenes, there's a brief cut to the TV screen he's watching, and the lifespan and name of Demagawa's follower floats over his head. Also, he has no other way of knowing the followers' names, since they start dying before Demagawa has a chance to introduce them.
Old 2007-05-18, 05:51   Link #30
Samurai Edge
Swords and Sabres

Mikami rocks! *getting fanboyish* Anyway, the way he writes rocks. BTW, can someone give me a slight summary( in spoiler tags in case there are people who don't want to see it) on what happened to all the death notes that appeared until ep 31. For all I remember
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-18, 11:04   Link #31
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Edge View Post
Mikami rocks! *getting fanboyish* Anyway, the way he writes rocks. BTW, can someone give me a slight summary( in spoiler tags in case there are people who don't want to see it) on what happened to all the death notes that appeared until ep 31. For all I remember
Spoiler:
The other one is under safekeeping with the Japanese investigation team. Though it is now out of reach for Light, it doesn't matter much since as long as he has ownership rights over it, that's why his memories' still intact. (I reckon he must have "reclaimed" ownership sometime after his dad died believing him not to be Kira. )

Remember a few eps back when Kira/Light "sent" the team his DN (along with Ryuk) in order to "assist" them with recovering Shidou's DN from Mello? That's the one.
Old 2007-05-18, 11:20   Link #32
Ryuuzaki
Dark Intellect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris Moskovitz View Post
Spoiler for super awesome stuff:

Yeah, you wish you could write like him.
Dunno if you made that...but could I use that for forums?
Old 2007-05-18, 14:12   Link #33
iBeast

Ok episode since they missed so much stuff that happened in the Manga.
Old 2007-05-18, 14:48   Link #34
Setsuchan

Matt wasn't in this episode...but he WAS supposed to right? So why did they cut him out of this episode?? Are they going to cut him out entirely?? It isn't like he is a minor character. Ok..wel..he IS..but he DOES do things that are important so they can't cut him out entirely.

aahhhh,i'm confused.
Old 2007-05-18, 19:26   Link #35
Meloria

Eliminate scenes were put together really well. The look of the faces of the followers as if looking at Mikami himself, the quick exagerated writing movements as if cutting them down with a scythe. Really makes the notebook actually feel like a weapon with actions like that. Good episode overall.

Last edited by Meloria; 2007-05-18 at 19:27. Reason: Late night typos.
Old 2007-05-19, 03:29   Link #36
darkjester
Desu Desu Desu!!!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to darkjester Send a message via MSN to darkjester Send a message via Yahoo to darkjester
this was a seriously PIMP episode.... i gave a 10!!! a freaken 10!!!! i stil got wood...

lol man and what an un-expected twist....

Spoiler:

k thxs....
Old 2007-05-19, 16:13   Link #37
Psychotic_Virtue

An interesting episode, I love it how they got the VAs of Tamaki(Light) and Kyouya(Mikami) now from Host Club then you got VA of Haruhi(Misa) from Melancholy Of Suzumiya, i'll give it a 9.

P.V.
Old 2007-05-19, 16:55   Link #38
eez

A butt-load was missing / or completely changed, but the episode was alright.

Only complaints (aside from no Matt and Mello tracking Misa), is the animation quality seemed a bit sub-par in parts (some characters faces weren't even drawn in some shots), and I didn't think the blue and red lightning bolts shooting from Mikami's pen strokes were really necessary (unlike Light writing in the notebook in the first episode, which was less.... "magical"..).

Anyhow, ok episode.. but it is the first episode that made me worry about how well they will cram the last 25 chapters into 6 episodes (I hope they don't go Gonzo and Hellsing it up!).
Old 2007-05-19, 21:31   Link #39
senesti

Quite funny , I saw the Mikami writing gif before I saw the episode.I thought it was a fight scene from a new shonen anime :P

Spoiler:
.I think they were concentrating more on getting Near's plan animated right and missed the no eyes thing.
Old 2007-05-19, 22:11   Link #40
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Transfer

Guys honestly for someone who has never read the manga, therefore being an anime-only watcher, I cannot tell how you feel they managed or treat the material for this episode.

Maybe for some of you the episode was alright while for others it was subpar and mediocre compared how the chapters fared in the manga.

For my case it was good, but I am appalled for the sub-par quality consistently shown at some shots paricularly for scenes involving Misa, Near, and Aizawa. The faces were drawn shabby and lanky.
Spoiler:

Near is made to look more physically alike to L in each episode. He now has inherited through means of animation magic L's trademark eye, somber bags.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The shot that made laugh the most was Misa...
Spoiler:
Closed Thread