Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-05-28, 05:07   Link #761
PaPe
The chibi mistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
probably cause its so damned hard to find. It's not listed on any of the torrent sites i use (ISOHunt, Demonoid, TokyoT, Nyaan)

Since its hard to find people get fed up and move on. Also the only version i found was over 9gb for 11 eps and they were unsubbed. Thats a bit much for 13eps of raw >.<
You should download the raws and than open the files with the softsubs. Unfortunately now I don't have the links however you can find them browsing this forum: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torre...704x396+DivX6)

There is a thread somewhere there about the Nodame Cantabile Drama and among the posts there are the links for the download of the softsubs. Sorry but I don't have anymore the links for the subbers.

The drama differs from the anime and the manga mostly to shorten the narration e.g. there isn't the Nina Lutz's festival, so the character from that arc are presented in a different way. But this is understandable because they only have 11 episodes. However the music is faboulous and the actors really did a great job.
Even Stresemann is great even if it took me quite some time to get used to him (he's played by a japanese with a wig and a weird accent , but all in all he's portrayed charmingly). What's more important is that the story and the characters remains true to their manga counterpart.

On a side note, even if the music is performed in the drama and in the anime by the same orchestra (the Nodame Orchestra build especially for these two shows), they did different interpretations and arrangements for the two shows. This leaves a lot of freshness in the soundracks and is very pleasurable to hear even if you have already listened to the counterpart of the same piece in the anime.

Changing topic, I found the raws of the manga till the 17th volume (and it's still going on) and I really hope that there is a second seson of this show, both in the anime and drama. There is so much story to tell and so many funny and sweet moments and so much character growth that a second season would be well deserved. My greatest regret about the manga is that I don't understand japanese so I can only understand the volumes seeing the pictures and knowing their (Nodame and Chiaki's) characters.

Last edited by PaPe; 2007-05-28 at 06:38.
PaPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 07:31   Link #762
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

I agree there has to be a second season.

Spoiler for speculation for end of season one:

I think thats where season one will end, any earlier and it'll leave some gaping questions, any later and it'll be the same. Since it'll already be into the next arc. That said, only 6more eps to go
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 09:19   Link #763
PaPe
The chibi mistress

Quote:
Spoiler for speculation for end of season one:

I think thats where season one will end, any earlier and it'll leave some gaping questions, any later and it'll be the same. Since it'll already be into the next arc. That said, only 6more eps to go
I completely agree, also because in the next arc a lot of other characters are presented, and it would be pointless if they appear without any explanation about who they are.

what I'd like to see in an eventual second season
Spoiler for manga vol 10+:
PaPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 09:53   Link #764
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

EP1 of the drama is weird. Eto's entry when he hits chiaki is just damned funny. Nodame is bloody funny aswell. Stresemann is just to damned weird though, he looks like a drugged up hippy more than anything else lol

Not sure if i'll dl the whole thing though, 9gb for 11episodes is just insane. Suppose i vould re-encode them to .rmvb, but meh
Old 2007-05-28, 11:56   Link #765
Joojoobees

Yeah, I watched the first episode and then dropped it. I like the anime version a lot so I think I'll leave it at that.
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 12:08   Link #766
Tatsushiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
Yeah, I watched the first episode and then dropped it. I like the anime version a lot so I think I'll leave it at that.
This is funny because those who have seen the live-action come to despise the anime version.

Tatsushiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 13:02   Link #767
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsushiro View Post
This is funny because those who have seen the live-action come to despise the anime version.

Tutti gusti son' gusti!
Old 2007-05-28, 14:23   Link #768
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Vibeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPe View Post
You should download the raws and than open the files with the softsubs. Unfortunately now I don't have the links however you can find them browsing this forum: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torre...704x396+DivX6)

There is a thread somewhere there about the Nodame Cantabile Drama and among the posts there are the links for the download of the softsubs. Sorry but I don't have anymore the links for the subbers.

Here's a link to the softsubbers site ^^ (and a really good community <3)
http://www.s-projects.org/index.php

And I must admit that thanks to the drama I got into this fabouls manga/anime. In my opinion the actors in live action did a very good job (especially Ueno Juri - it's really hard to play such a hentai like Nodame ). And for me it was a very emotional and amusing ride.
At first, I too thought that anime was rather pale compared to the drama, but then I just treaded it as a faithful adaptation of the manga.

To all Nodame anime fans: watch the drama! The story is a little bit different, but netherless amazing and amusing!

Currently busy studying Japaneese language and culture on Warsaw University//my animelist
Vibeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 18:46   Link #769
Theowne
耳をすませば

All I can say is, those who don't watch the drama are missing out on something which turns out to be quite great. All shows seem uninteresting in their first episode....

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 19:56   Link #770
ayako
a shounen manga

Send a message via AIM to ayako
Not sure if it's been mentioned or not, but about the drama--I was wondering whether anyone could tell me what would be a "safe" point to watch it, or at least certain episodes I should stop at provided I choose to watch it sometime soon. I don't want to ruin my experience watching the anime by spoiling myself with the drama if the 11-episode drama is "ahead" of the anime.
ayako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 23:04   Link #771
Tatsushiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
Tutti gusti son' gusti!
I couldn't have said it any better.
Old 2007-05-28, 23:05   Link #772
Tatsushiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayako View Post
Not sure if it's been mentioned or not, but about the drama--I was wondering whether anyone could tell me what would be a "safe" point to watch it, or at least certain episodes I should stop at provided I choose to watch it sometime soon. I don't want to ruin my experience watching the anime by spoiling myself with the drama if the 11-episode drama is "ahead" of the anime.
Stop at episode 8.
Old 2007-05-29, 02:33   Link #773
noblsheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibeke View Post
Here's a link to the softsubbers site ^^ (and a really good community <3)
http://www.s-projects.org/index.php

And I must admit that thanks to the drama I got into this fabouls manga/anime. In my opinion the actors in live action did a very good job (especially Ueno Juri - it's really hard to play such a hentai like Nodame ). And for me it was a very emotional and amusing ride.
At first, I too thought that anime was rather pale compared to the drama, but then I just treaded it as a faithful adaptation of the manga.

To all Nodame anime fans: watch the drama! The story is a little bit different, but netherless amazing and amusing!
i started off with the anime, watched the first episode, loved it, got impatient, and went off to watch the drama. it was annoying and absolutely nothing compared to the anime for about 3 episodes. then around ep 4 or 5, the thing up and hit me in the face, and i realized what an amazing show i was watching (although i still can't bear to listen to streseman), and especially what a great actress Ueno Juri is.

when i was done with the live action i went back to the anime and again i was wtf? where did the 'moving' go? it took a bit of getting used to, but a few episodes later i was enjoying myself again. right now i'm reading the manga, and again it took a bit of getting used to.

the point is, the manga, the anime, and the drama are different creatures entirely, and although it takes some time to transition, all are probably equally good ways to tell a pretty much the same story.
noblsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 04:36   Link #774
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

I wouldnt say the anime and manga are different. The anime is one of the most faithful transitions ive ever seen. If AMG had been done this faithful it would of been awsome

The drama is ok, ive dled 3 eps and im not dling anymore, atleast fora while. Stresemann is just plain weird, in a bad way, plus its so full of cheese i could open a cheese shoop and make a killing >.<
Old 2007-05-29, 06:34   Link #775
Tatsushiro

Quote:
plus its so full of cheese i could open a cheese shoop and make a killing >.<
Nearly all J-Dramas are cheese. I can't recall any without.
Old 2007-05-29, 06:43   Link #776
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
and the advantage in drama:
Spoiler:

i just hope that dorama and anime had a second season
Spoiler:
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 07:07   Link #777
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by noblsheep View Post
i started off with the anime, watched the first episode, loved it, got impatient, and went off to watch the drama. it was annoying and absolutely nothing compared to the anime for about 3 episodes. then around ep 4 or 5, the thing up and hit me in the face, and i realized what an amazing show i was watching (although i still can't bear to listen to streseman), and especially what a great actress Ueno Juri is.

when i was done with the live action i went back to the anime and again i was wtf? where did the 'moving' go? it took a bit of getting used to, but a few episodes later i was enjoying myself again. right now i'm reading the manga, and again it took a bit of getting used to.

the point is, the manga, the anime, and the drama are different creatures entirely, and although it takes some time to transition, all are probably equally good ways to tell a pretty much the same story.
Which is why I'm not going to watch the LA until the anime is completely over. Anime and LA always have major differences in tone and approach and constantly having to go between one and the other would be just to jarring and would likely compromise my enjoyment of both.

Definitely will eventually watch the LA, though. This is such an amazing story and incredible characters (this cannot be stressed enough) that they'd have to shoot themselves in the foot to not make a good live action series out of it.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 05:16   Link #778
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 18 ~
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 09:02   Link #779
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Episode 18 shows us a new skill of Nodame's
Spoiler:

It makes you wonder what timebombs have been planted, Nodame-like, for Chiaki's performance in episode 19...

I've seen a few of the episodes of the Live Action, and I just couldn't wrap my mind around their concept of Stressman. That was a serious "eh?" moment!
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 09:19   Link #780
mdauben

Another great episode of Nodame Catabile! I agree that it was a bit light on the comedy, but it was definetly heavy on the character and plot development. A couple things that stood out to me in this episode:

Spoiler for Chiaki's Career:
Spoiler for Chiaki and Nodame:
I can't wait to see what happens next episode after the concert. Despite a few minor issues, things seem to be going almost too good right now and it seems like is is just about time for a new monkey wrench to get thrown into Chiaki's life!

Last edited by mdauben; 2007-05-30 at 12:41.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, nodame cantabile, noitamina, romance