AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 166 69.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 50 20.92%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 5.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 1.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.42%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.42%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.42%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.84%
Voters: 239. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-29, 08:15   Link #261
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
"Righteousness fell with Teresa but in doing so, her blood nurtured the seed(s) that will bring forth a light that will overpower the abyss of darkness..."

Sorry but the story-telling mode hit me so I had to word my comment as such.

So beautiful it makes my saddened heart weep *sniffles*
Old 2007-05-29, 08:19   Link #262
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Nevah!!! Clare has to become evil!!! Evil I SAY!!
Old 2007-05-29, 09:55   Link #263
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
"Righteousness fell with Teresa but in doing so, her blood nurtured the seed(s) that will bring forth a light that will overpower the abyss of darkness..."

Sorry but the story-telling mode hit me so I had to word my comment as such.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyEd View Post
So beautiful it makes my saddened heart weep *sniffles*
Lol excellent

It appears we are on the verge of the beginning of a new religion called 'Claymorerism'.

In the future it will be written that this religion had a constant number of 47 devoted disciples who converted the faithfull. (some say a bit forcefully at swordspoint but this is not proven..)

This religion proved to be very attractive for a specific part of the population (mostly male). The fact that the disciples wore tight fitting tunics and were mostly pleasant for the eye had of course nothing to do with this.

Argh rambling of. I need eps. 9

Last edited by dutchman; 2007-05-29 at 22:06.
Old 2007-05-29, 10:26   Link #264
zoren

Episodes

i was wondering, how many anime(videos) episodes exist translated to english of course?
i just found 8 :s
Old 2007-05-29, 10:29   Link #265
zoren

ohh i forgot to ask.. where do u guys get the episodes ? iam dllding em from Ares.. lol?!
Old 2007-05-29, 10:31   Link #266
NezoR

Two words come to mind when describing this episode, "Holy Sh*t!" My jaw is still on the floor.
Old 2007-05-29, 10:43   Link #267
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchman View Post
Lol excellent

It appears we are on the verge of the beginning of a new regelion called 'Claymorerism'.

In the future it will be written that this religion had a constant number of 47 devoted disciples who converted the faithfull. (some say a bit forcefully at swordspoint but this is not proven..)

This religion proved to be very attractive for a specific part of the population (mostly male). The fact that the disciples wore tight fitting tunics and were mostly pleasant for the eye had of course nothing to do with this.

Argh rambling of. I need eps. 9
I rather be alone in a forest with hungry bloodthirsty vicious pigmies! Than Claymores exist in the real world. How the hell would any off us normal humans, either male or female, keep our purity intact with real Claymores running around? You can`t really be alone with a Claymore for 5 minutes of so before it gets weird.
Old 2007-05-29, 10:57   Link #268
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I'm ordering yellow contacts as we speak... Now all that is left is teh pwnage sword (and actually a gender switch but I'm not going that far... )

**patiently awaiting the arrival of Miria-sama**
Old 2007-05-29, 11:29   Link #269
DarkSide Hero
Hero From the Darkside

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoren View Post
ohh i forgot to ask.. where do u guys get the episodes ? iam dllding em from Ares.. lol?!
you can also find them on stage6; I'm not sure if we are allowed to link to that site so just search for it on google. It's like a higher quality youtube but with more J-pop and Anime.
The woman yelled over her shoulder to her husband watching a game to ask who she was voting for. He responded, "we're votin' for the n***er!" The woman turned back to the canvasser and said matter-of-factly, "we're voting for the n***er."

In this economy, racism is officially a luxury.
Old 2007-05-29, 13:03   Link #270
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Quote:
i was wondering, how many anime(videos) episodes exist translated to english of course?
i just found 8 :s
Only 8 have been released. Episode 9 airs today.

Quote:
From AnimeSuki's front page, or Releases page under 'C', I expect. :shrug:
Old 2007-05-29, 17:20   Link #271
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchman View Post
It appears we are on the verge of the beginning of a new regelion called 'Claymorerism'.
Mhmmm...Claymoreism...mhmm...Teresaism....huh? I approve!

Don't worry, we're all awaiting each new episode like crazy^^
Old 2007-05-29, 18:49   Link #272
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
When a hero falls

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! seriously it happen so fast i actually said WTF out loud and replayed it. Teresa's death seems to have an effect on everybody. The way it went down was not what i expected i expected her to go in a blaze of glory while taking everyone else with her. Where things go from here is going to be very very interesting. Not being able to wait for new episodes i decided to read the manga and found a couple of things about how Clare became Claymore. I wont mention them here since this is not the manga thread all I can say is thats devotion.

Pricillia just couldnt control her power, and honestly if the orginzation wants to blame someone for creating an even more dangerous Yoma they should blame themselves. She was no where mentally ready for combat with the likes of Teresa. I dont care how great her freakin potential is, sending a noob in to take on the big dog of all Claymores who the hell is running that place George Bush.

What i want to know is where is Pricillia now in the current time line. I dont think anyone has taken her down or maybe just maybe that what Clare is living for.

Where do you sign up to become a loyal disciple of Claymorerism?

I think i will go find some source material for a memorial sig and Avatar for Teresa.
Old 2007-06-01, 00:15   Link #273
chrry370

All i can say after watching episode 8 is NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
I am still in sorrow and pain as my favourite character dies...
I OFFICIALLY HATE priscilla...and the organisation...
The last scene was heart=breaking, Clare embracing teresa's head...

goes over to the corner to sob...
Old 2007-06-01, 22:52   Link #274
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I just want to observe a minute of silence...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60.

*moves on with a deep, somber sigh!*
Old 2007-06-02, 01:22   Link #275
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

But you didn't say if you liked the episode~!

Never mind. Impossible to dislike it. The answer is obvious so you simply dispensed with such a pety reply. We will always grieve for Theresa.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-06-02, 02:25   Link #276
chrry370

oh btw, why did Priscilla walk past Clare? I mean why didn't she kill Clare, she did say she was hungry...

Was it mercy shown just like Teresa has shown to Priscilla?
Old 2007-06-02, 03:48   Link #277
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

There is a tiny bit more to that scene in the manga. I was hoping it would be used in an expanded recap at the beginning of episode 9, but since it wasn't I will post it here.

In the manga, while Priscilla was walking past Claire we had the voice of older Claire narrating the event. I'll put it in spoiler tags just in case someone wants to avoid reading what the manga said about this episode. Claire said, "My existence was nothing more to her than a stone by the side of the road. Or perhaps I didn't even get reflected in her eyes. I wasn't enough to fill her belly."

I suppose you can speculate about what this means. There are several ways to interpret it.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-06-02, 07:21   Link #278
chrry370

i think you forgot to put in the spoiler tags, no? so has it been ever told in the manga why Clare was not killed from Priscilla???

anyway thanks for that bit of information...it does certainly makes it a little clear.
well, i guess i'm glad she was not 'lunch' for Priscilla or else Claymore would have ended! lol....i could see some parallel here:
Priscilla did not kill Clare and might one day end up killed by her just as Teresa died by showing mercy to Priscilla...

sighs...still sad by Teresa's death
Old 2007-06-02, 10:28   Link #279
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Not yet, but as long as the eps come out that have translated manga to cross-reference, I don't think that spoiler tags would even matter at this juncture. Mind you, this is just for the parts of the story that are covered by both anime and manga at any given time.
Old 2007-06-02, 16:50   Link #280
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

As Tempest35 says.

Closed Thread