AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-01, 02:09   Link #21
phantom_ryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuomi-kun View Post
Can someone tell me where to find the fourth ova?
thanks
heya, you can grab the raw from www.veoh.com

I don't think anyone has subbed it yet though.
Old 2007-06-01, 09:36   Link #22
shrek

even tho i didn't understand. i downloaded it.. may i know why aren't they any other subbers than lilicous and otenba.. ? back when haru and first season, they were at least 2 ,3 subbers.
Old 2007-06-01, 16:12   Link #23
Noriko
白薔薇のファン。

Maybe they have other things to do.... wild guess ^^; these teams seem to sub many other series already, maybe they don't feel like spending time over this one anymore, since Marimite has already 2 teams working on this one. I think it's nice that we get to have subs at all, that's the important point

I don't think many teams are interested in this series

Last edited by Noriko; 2007-06-01 at 21:03.
Old 2007-06-01, 22:24   Link #24
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Many thanks to "Anonymous." There is already a softsub on tokyotosho! Love those speedy softsubs. I enjoyed the episode raw, and I'm enjoying it even more subbed.
Spoiler for ep4:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-06-02, 03:18   Link #25
shrek

oh yes im glad at least there's someone who would sub it

thanks kaoru for that lovely news!!
Old 2007-06-02, 10:47   Link #26
geege

ummm... could anyone tell me where to find the subbed
Old 2007-06-02, 11:47   Link #27
Noriko
白薔薇のファン。

Though I've always liked Yumi-chan, I've never been a fan of her, but I 've come to be fond of her with these ovas, she deals so much better with people (even nasty ones -_-).

As for Touko, I used to really dislike her, but these ovas kind of show her "cute" sides too : we can see she cares for Yumi-chan, and has difficulties not to show it sometimes (in her own way), she's shy about it, and that is cute... I now understand why many have been rooting for her to become Yumi's petite soeur
(ps : how the heck do we make the "o" and "e" stick to each other? )

Sachiko in gakuran was very charismatic ! the other teams thought of some good ideas for their cheer leading squads ! the angels and traditionnal dancers (from the white and purple teams) were soo pretty ! I wish I had been to a japanese highschool for these kind of events ^-^

Sachiko's father surprised me : he looked quite nice and gentle, and a bit carefree too O_o I totally didn't imagine him to be this way. I thought he would be the usual traditional father from wealthy asian families : very strict, cold and stern, quite frightening! not the kind to come see his daughter at some school event, even less if he has to sneak out of a ceremony for it !
Old 2007-06-02, 16:01   Link #28
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Wow..i loved this episode. This was a whole new Sachiko-sama to me. Thank u Anonymous,,I saw the RAW 3 times..but the language was tough to decode. Thanks to u i could make out what was happening. touko chan is lokking excessively cute around Yumi-sama. Kanako is so nice looking. I soooooo wish this is not the last installment of this beautiful show
Old 2007-06-02, 16:44   Link #29
Sean Gaffney
Nomad of the Time Streams

Touko is MariMite's tsundere. It's especially obvious in this OAV. Given that, I am surprised she's not more popular (tsundere is still not quite out of the limelight yet), though I think it has something to do with MariMite's sliding scale of relationships and the nature of shipping.

Yumi/Sachiko is many people's OTP, and even though it's not a real relationship, any threat to the pairing is a danger. And Sachiko has noted she wants Yumi to find a soeur. In MariMite land, that's normal, but for shippers, it would be like telling your spouse to have an affair.

I also think a lot of the hatred is because Touko has drill hair but isn't Juri.
Old 2007-06-02, 17:37   Link #30
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Gaffney View Post
Touko is MariMite's tsundere. It's especially obvious in this OAV. Given that, I am surprised she's not more popular (tsundere is still not quite out of the limelight yet), though I think it has something to do with MariMite's sliding scale of relationships and the nature of shipping....
This OVA is the first time I have not just feared and hated Touko. She has always seemed like Yumi's enemy, until now. She wanted to be her cousin's soeur instead of Yumi, didn't she? In any case tsundere has never been a type I've liked, either in anime or in real life, lol. Is Touko the role in which Kugimiya Rie learned the tsundere voice she has made her own: in Shana, Zero, and now Hayate?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-06-02, 19:22   Link #31
mdauben

Quote:
Touko is MariMite's tsundere. It's especially obvious in this OAV. Given that, I am surprised she's not more popular
I think it is because there is more to being tsundere than just being hot tempered and bossy. It also requires that hidden vulnerability, which we really had not seen in Touko before. The scene with her and Yumi in this episode was Touko's final transition into tsundere-hood, though. This time she was obviously using her blustery persona to hide the fact that she actually likes Yumi.

After the "psycho-Kanako" scene in the last episode, I thought for sure she was out of the running for Yumi's petite sœur and that Touko was the likely candidate. Now that Yumi and Kanako have made up, though, the whole questions seems open again.

Quote:
Yumi/Sachiko is many people's OTP, and even though it's not a real relationship, any threat to the pairing is a danger.
Don't forget, Sachiko is a senior this year, so she doesn't have that much time left at Lillian. While I am sure that the Yumi/Sachiko relationship will survive graduation, Yumi is going to have to get herself a petite sœur eventually. Certainly if she is going to step into Sachiko's place as the next Rosa Chinensis. Assuming the anime does continue after the OVA, I could not see Sachiko leaving Lillian next spring before Yumi has found her petite sœur.
Old 2007-06-02, 19:29   Link #32
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Thoroubly enjoyable episode, I think it's my favourite from the four OVAs. Lots of hilarious moments (Yoshino being all fired up is just as fun as I expected, Sachiko being so pissed off after the cheering event, etc) and Sachiko and Yumi getting ever closer to each other. Last but not least Shimako looked absolutely ravishing in that traditional attire. And Touko is so dying to become Yumi's soeur.

Quote:
Though I've always liked Yumi-chan, I've never been a fan of her, but I 've come to be fond of her with these ovas, she deals so much better with people
Quote:
Sachiko's father surprised me : he looked quite nice and gentle, and a bit carefree too O_o I totally didn't imagine him to be this way. I thought he would be the usual traditional father from wealthy asian families : very strict, cold and stern, quite frightening!
Quoted for truth, I also find Yumi from the OVAs quite a lot more interesting and fun to watch than her series personality. And Sachiko's father seemed even too nice...who knows maybe he will show his dark side eventually, though I guess not.

Old 2007-06-02, 19:29   Link #33
Sean Gaffney
Nomad of the Time Streams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
This OVA is the first time I have not just feared and hated Touko. She has always seemed like Yumi's enemy, until now. She wanted to be her cousin's soeur instead of Yumi, didn't she?
I don;t think Touko ever wanted to take Yumi's place as Sachiko's soeur. I think that was just Yumi's paranoia combined with Touko being a brat.

The reason for a lot of Touko's issues is only just starting to come out with the most recent books, so they'd need two more sets of OAVs to get near it. >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
In any case tsundere has never been a type I've liked, either in anime or in real life, lol. Is Touko the role in which Kugimiya Rie learned the tsundere voice she has made her own: in Shana, Zero, and now Hayate?
I believe she specialized in tsunderes before MariMite, this is just one of a string of "I am typecast (except for Al)" roles.
Old 2007-06-02, 20:39   Link #34
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
I can't seem to get it going with Zoom the soft sub even thou I have cccp. I know much what happen in this OVA but there are few scene that I am still not sure what the exchange is but I can wait for one the other group to sub it.
Old 2007-06-02, 23:08   Link #35
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxanato View Post
I can't seem to get it going with Zoom the soft sub even thou I have cccp. I know much what happen in this OVA but there are few scene that I am still not sure what the exchange is but I can wait for one the other group to sub it.
I was using MPC to watch the episode (VCL just crashed when I tried to play the file). To get it to run correctly, with the english subtitles, I had to change the default renderer, and then manually load the subtitle file, to get it to work.

I appreciate the fast work the fansubber did on this, so this is no criticism of him, but boy to I hate MKV files. It just seemes to be one PITA after another to view them.
Old 2007-06-03, 02:54   Link #36
nuggets

Can someone upload the ova 4 and the softsub on megaupload? I can't download from torrents because its so sloooooooooww.. Or can someone give me a direct download link for this ova.. Thx!
Old 2007-06-03, 08:32   Link #37
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

And what about the "special" sketches this time ? I've just seen the ones with OAV 3 and as usual it was very funny.
Old 2007-06-03, 10:30   Link #38
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

If you are referring to the marimite special. Somebody uploaded it to youtube untranslated.
Old 2007-06-03, 18:03   Link #39
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
OVA 4 Special Yumi get weak in the knee when talk about Sachiko. I had they done a different joke about Kanako cause they kind wore out that joke on last OVA 3 special.
Old 2007-06-03, 19:11   Link #40
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
I was using MPC to watch the episode (VCL just crashed when I tried to play the file). To get it to run correctly, with the english subtitles, I had to change the default renderer, and then manually load the subtitle file, to get it to work.

I appreciate the fast work the fansubber did on this, so this is no criticism of him, but boy to I hate MKV files. It just seemes to be one PITA after another to view them.
I recommend MPC for softsub in any case because it works so much better with or without mkv format.
Quote:
Yumi/Sachiko is many people's OTP, and even though it's not a real relationship, any threat to the pairing is a danger. And Sachiko has noted she wants Yumi to find a soeur. In MariMite land, that's normal, but for shippers, it would be like telling your spouse to have an affair.
Ja! I just don't like that. I like Touko but.... anyway. I like this fourth oav the most. It is fun to watch them having this sport festival, although I did think their "sports" were like the ones for elementry kids. Then I thought, well, the girls are really enjoying it so, why not. Just relax, watch, and have fun along with them.
I like shimako's fuji girl dance. She is sooo beautiful. Besides, Sachiko and Yumi just can't get enough of each other.

Seriously, the Yumi X Sachiko is drawing too much attention and there is little screen time for any one else. This means the story would get weak. In the first season, we have three story lines, more or less. Now there is really only one left. If somehow the autohr does not keep audeince interested in this one story line, fans will drop this show, like what happen to "The X-file."

A third season TV show? I don't think so. I heard that the sale of oav is not that good. I think they waited for too long to put out a new show for maria-sama series now fans have forgetten or simply not interested anymore. What a pity. I think this show is a rare and expetionally good one in shoujo genre, yuri or not.