AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 30 19.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 57 36.31%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 53 33.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 9.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-07, 03:33   Link #101
Mandrake

Indeed, they were basicly bleeding to death hehehe
Old 2007-06-07, 03:41   Link #102
prince leon
red knight

Excellent episode. I loved the way they handled animating Miria's phantom ability.
Old 2007-06-07, 04:10   Link #103
chrry370

The action was good in this episode... I was expecting Clare saving the others OR kicking ass with her power but boy this was better... Literally she has the lowest yoki power AND can still kick ass! lol... it was different than the usual "i have massive potential energy and will only get activated when in battle!"
I mean it was cool...did she get that sensing thing from Teresa??? And when she was talking about despair, was she particularly referring to Priscilla killing Teresa? or just overall her life?

Oh i was also impressed with Helen's and Devene's skills. At first i thought Devene was out of the picture then Bang, she pops back up with her regeneration power.. Then we see Helen's extension skill... Although both their powers ain't that cool to watch compared to Miria's phantom skills!

i'm beginning to like Miria in comparison to the previous episode. She is so caring even on the battlefield, saving her comrades! Oh, did i forgot to mention intelligent??

And what was the point of the new character in the forest with that creepy guy? Is she in the top 10?

8 for this episode!
Old 2007-06-07, 04:15   Link #104
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

^I donīt know what Care means but considering her life, she knows what despair is.

Besides, Priscilla spared her for unknown reasons. Itīs save to assume that Clare still fears, even today, Priscilla.

So yeah, she knows what true despair is.
Old 2007-06-07, 04:17   Link #105
potchip

The more I watch Claymore, the more I believe they are essentially sacks of skin filled to the brim with BLOOD. I mean...why else would blood spill (wrong word, more like spurt, from a high pressure hose) like that? Do they have high blood pressure? Was it due to stress? Their diet? /ends sarcasm

Anyway this episode introduces the 2nd prettiest claymore in claymoreverse, which is always nice for a shounen series. But she is NOTHING compared to my beloved *l**a Chan, nothing *shakes fist*.
Old 2007-06-07, 04:20   Link #106
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

My guess is that their stomach is like Deneve "arm" when regenerating. Itīs the only thing that could make a person throw up. My guess of course.
Old 2007-06-07, 04:43   Link #107
IMSabbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
My guess is that their stomach is like Deneve "arm" when regenerating. Itīs the only thing that could make a person throw up. My guess of course.
I personally think that the hole "throw up" thing is a red herring the author will never pick up again.

Those girls are all wearing skin-tight cloths, and nother really shows up...
Old 2007-06-07, 05:23   Link #108
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
Anyway this episode introduces the 2nd prettiest claymore in claymoreverse, which is always nice for a shounen series. But she is NOTHING compared to my beloved *l**a Chan, nothing *shakes fist*.
Fine, you can have Clare. I'll take Miss Claymore over NAMBA 47 anytime.
Old 2007-06-07, 05:40   Link #109
Drytchnath
Sexual Tyrannosaurus Rex

Kinda dissapointed by the fight animation, the manga was much more dramatic. Also, I was annoyed by the pure darkness of the place they fought in as well as the white rock explosions. Not a bad episode but doing too many shows at once really shows. Just exactly what else is Madhouse working on right now that could be better than Claymore?

And as for the gore, believe me they toned it down a bit from the source material. Despite my whining I still liked the ep., just wan't wowed in any way by it.
Old 2007-06-07, 05:42   Link #110
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

The pacing is the only thing that keep this ep from a 10. The explanations, while it's needed, it certainly cooled down the tension. I would prefer if they explained it through in battle dialogue or even just explain it afterwards. But seeing Clare suppress her youki and just dodge is pretty cool, but she really need to work on her non-youma strength. Like Miria said, she really need to work on the sudden release of her youki.
Old 2007-06-07, 05:48   Link #111
MooMooFarm

This anime's quality so far is a hell lot better then crap like Naruto =[ wtb Rock Lee v Gaara back quality back.
Old 2007-06-07, 05:55   Link #112
Poochi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooFarm View Post
This anime's quality so far is a hell lot better then crap like Naruto =[ wtb Rock Lee v Gaara back quality back.
That's cause Naruto has over 100+ episodes.

Glad I'm not the only one who found the random innkeeper to be idiotic and amusing at the same time.

I think Clare's nickname should become "Can't Touch This" Clare
Old 2007-06-07, 06:09   Link #113
potchip

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Fine, you can have Clare. I'll take Miss Claymore over NAMBA 47 anytime.
Since when does Clare finish with an 'a'? :Wink: Clare doesn't even come within the top 10.
Old 2007-06-07, 06:28   Link #114
ArmisaelXVIII

I gave it a 8/10

I never notice any disruption in the pace... No complains about the episode. I liked the action and the hints we were given...

About people that said it wasn't well paced, well... it always could be better :P But I think they say it because they are already to much used to a way of pacing scenes and care to much of how it should or shouldn't be... as if all actions escenes should be paced the same... I would be too much monotony...

I really enjoyed the EP without annoyances, I liked the voices.... I think that the expressions were fine... alter all claymores are all a little inexpressive... :x and not easily surprised... maybe just one thing I found annoying... when the episode ends ......... ŽŽ!!!

Spoiler for conspiration:

Last edited by ArmisaelXVIII; 2007-06-07 at 06:44.
Old 2007-06-07, 06:50   Link #115
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

^ What if...She is there to kill them if the Awakened didnīt successed
Old 2007-06-07, 07:11   Link #116
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The Awakened's probably just territorial. The org knows where to find him whenever there's a group of Claymores they want killed, that's all. For all we know, he's one of several like that.
Old 2007-06-07, 07:41   Link #117
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
^ What if...She is there to kill them if the Awakened didnīt successed
They can't simply order a Claymore to execute other Claymores if they didn't break any rule and still looks human. Their survival instinct will force them to rebel together.
Old 2007-06-07, 08:22   Link #118
zato_1one

As expect, sub is always better.

This episode contained many important info. Many hints for plot device had been given. If you carefully thought about it, I'm sure you could figure it out.

Galatea is COOL!!!
Old 2007-06-07, 08:35   Link #119
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

This episode was great, if not for the pacing. I mean, it just wasn't as enjoyable because of the pacing. However, clare's fight was pretty freaking cool tho. A good change from the normal overpowering, at least she uses some strategy. And its good that they jolted back to reality by showing that clare IS number 47, she isn't perfect.

So basically Clare is like a mouse, it can't kill a cat but it'd kill an elephant easily huh.
Old 2007-06-07, 08:54   Link #120
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Lol, I like your animal chess analogy.

It's true. As things stand, the only way for Clare to be effective in battle is to suppress her own youki so as to read her enemy's flow. But in so doing, she dramatically weakens her own combat potential.

Yup, plenty of practise still needed, Miss Number 47.
Closed Thread