AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-07, 22:21   Link #961
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Money is money -_-

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2007-06-08, 00:27   Link #962
Inquisidor

Send a message via MSN to Inquisidor
Just finished watching episode 10. Just repeating what 7Th mentioned the pacing, direction and animation was better compared to how horrible ep9 was. Hopefully next episode they can go back to the quality of previous ones.

This time Wei shows yet again how unfair the contract/payment "system" is. Previously we saw him using his own blood to blow holes on whatever it stains, now he reveals his payment letting himself bleed. In sense it's unfair since the payment is included with the use of the contracts power, but on the other hand the disadvantage is bleeding yourself to death using it too much. Funnily Wei looked like a character out from Saint Seiya bleeding gallons and gallons of blood .

Looks like we may see Wei again later, since his body wasn't found and the was no shooting star that night.

On another note looking at the scans posted by duckroll
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post

Spoiler:
Someone was speculating the little girl in white dress in ep.1 was Pai, well the scan shows Pai as 14 and 8 years old on the lower left corner and she looks like her.

I'm looking forward to ep.11 and expecting they reveal a little bit more information this time since it takes place inside a facility near the Gate. :P

Last edited by Inquisidor; 2007-06-08 at 00:46.
Old 2007-06-08, 01:20   Link #963
wao
OK.

Yeah, 10 was thankfully a lot better than 9. It was definitely watchable... I noticed Matsutake... Matsutake.... is his name Tokuyuki? Or Noriyuki? Apparently it's Tokuyuki. Anyway, he was in the key animation list, he's done some pretty solid jobs before (for example those god-like Matsumoto Naruto episodes) so I wouldn't be surprised if the brief fight this episode was done by him.

Also lol'd at the 4 animation directors, were the drawings that bad or was the schedule just too tight for one person to handle? Sigh.

I think the best part for me this ep must have been, shameful as it is, Li-kun. Aww damn, he's sooooooo cute. Especially when he's feigning innocence. Aww...
Old 2007-06-08, 03:56   Link #964
Jaden

Love this series, definately my favourite of this season.

It keeps the viewers in the dark about a lot of things and reveals information very slowly. Reminds me of those annoying bee train animes, but this one manages to remain interesting and actually makes you speculate about things. After the episode with the pyro schoolgirl I was still wondering what Hei's type of payment is. Was stuck between eating, flirting, stargazing and doing part-time jobs. XD
Old 2007-06-08, 05:43   Link #965
HiMalaya

Spoiler for Spoilers:
Old 2007-06-08, 08:31   Link #966
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Chapter 10 looks awesome!!!
I cant wait for subs!!! (i never can wait hehe) I love the hot Hei, and i love the inoccent Lee-Kun. Misaki and him have a pretty cool chemestry.

Soo, the next episode looks pretty cool.. looks like hei is goint to suffer a little bit.I dont know if i said this but.. i cant wait to see it!!!
Old 2007-06-08, 09:38   Link #967
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
just finishing watched episode 7 & 8 (i think i bit to late)
for me this Kurosawa Arc is interesting

at first i think that widow killed Toshihiko and it's ridiculous she hate Toshihiko because of Yuzuki more like his first wife smell than her

and Hei hide ability was good ^_^
i agree with Kiko said that Hei is cool

it's make me disgusting that the Kapoor smell his sock to remember his original body why he don't smell his handkerchief?

about widow maid this is the first time i see this kind of creepy maid "like ghost"
Old 2007-06-08, 14:37   Link #968
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 10 ~
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-08, 18:12   Link #969
ItachiGT
Banned

Watched the eps. 10 raw, didn't understand anything, but the fight was cool.

This whole series is very very mysterious.
This is the first time i've seen a anime, which left the audience so in the dark.

It is like a big puzzle.

And i really can't figure out, if the events are at the "present" time after the event of havoc or before that.

So many freaking questions.

I think this won't be a 26eps. anime.

I think it will atleast have 51 episodes.

Well, i don't mind since it is my current favorite series after Death, which will end soon.
Old 2007-06-09, 00:22   Link #970
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
but it's already official
that total episodes of Darker than Black is 26 episode
and in episode... (already forgot) will tell about Yin past
Old 2007-06-09, 04:58   Link #971
ItachiGT
Banned

What?!...............

What a pity...............this could have been so much more.

Well if they want to rush this, not my problem..........
Old 2007-06-09, 06:29   Link #972
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

is it just concidence or fate??? Hei is known as BK201 and the room he live in is also 201
Old 2007-06-09, 19:15   Link #973
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 9

...needless to say, seeing Misaki in that dress, I was quite turned on...

Not a bad ep. A snippet of background, which is always welcome, and as a set up episode to the conflict of the next ep, it did its job. Yes, it was predictable, and yes it relied on a trite coincidence to drive the plot, but I thought it was absorbing enough to hold its own. Strangely, I didn't have any problems with the pacing. A lot of people seem to have been complaining about DtB's pacing (here and on other forums), but I really don't see it, myself. Things seem to flow at an acceptable pace for me.

The attention to detail in the visuals and cinematography are seriously impressive. Before this erupts out to an "animation" argument, the animation itself isn't what I'm talking about, but I have no complaints about it, and would willingly tout it as well above average. But, it's the obvious care that someone has taken right down to the finer details to paint a universe that looks believable which is what I certainly consider a highlight of the show.

I don't think the slams against this episode were totally justified... not in my eyes, anyway. Inspiring? Not really, but only the absolute top anime can really claim they are. Fun and absorbing? Hell yes.
Old 2007-06-10, 09:41   Link #974
hipeach

ep10 really sucks IMHO. Everything played out EXACTLY like what I have predicted a week before, and what I have predicted are basically the worst anime cliches ever. Also the actions in this episode look WAY too faked. I now have to agree that the actions are too artificial, for example
Spoiler:
Another thing is that are they really telling the story out of chronological order or what?
Old 2007-06-10, 10:37   Link #975
Oberon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipeach View Post
Another thing is that are they really telling the story out of chronological order or what?
What gave you that idea?
Old 2007-06-10, 16:56   Link #976
ibreatheanime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
What gave you that idea?
I dont think the story is being played out of order. However each story arc only lasts one or two episodes so that could throw you off. Then they just move on to another contracter, and another problem.
Old 2007-06-10, 17:12   Link #977
ItachiGT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreatheanime View Post
I dont think the story is being played out of order. However each story arc only lasts one or two episodes so that could throw you off. Then they just move on to another contracter, and another problem.
Well, why the female inspector? ( don't know the name xD) didn't recognize Hei, when she met him?

There is just no connection between the story arcs, which is more than confusing and thus many unsolved questions arouse.
Old 2007-06-10, 17:37   Link #978
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItachiGT View Post
Well, why the female inspector? ( don't know the name xD) didn't recognize Hei, when she met him?

There is just no connection between the story arcs, which is more than confusing and thus many unsolved questions arouse.
i think this is the first time they have actually met each other...unless you can name a previous time which i may have forgotten

bei is soo hot O.o

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-10, 17:43   Link #979
hideFan

This show looks awesome. And the fact that TM Revolution did the theme, makes it even better <3
Old 2007-06-10, 17:56   Link #980
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
i think this is the first time they have actually met each other...unless you can name a previous time which i may have forgotten
He was wearing a mask when she saw BK201. She did meet Li once in person, in the 2nd episode, but it was very brief, and there was no real reason for her to remember him from that time.

I would be very surprised if Hei didn't remember her, though.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, supernatural