AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is your favorite character in Claymore?
Clare 115 19.83%
Raki 12 2.07%
Teresa 247 42.59%
Irene 30 5.17%
Sophia 4 0.69%
Noel 1 0.17%
Priscilla 12 2.07%
Miria 67 11.55%
Helen 22 3.79%
Deneve 6 1.03%
Galatea 60 10.34%
Rubel 4 0.69%
Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-12, 23:44   Link #61
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Reality View Post
... not necessarily a brilliant tactician or thinker. She's may be smarter than average, but there's no way of testing that and it's hardly relevant anyway. There's also nothing to indicate that her talent is anything more than highly-developed instinct...such as sayyy...passing a football...and that's knowledge, not intelligence.
The way you consider intelligence is just a part of the general meaning it carries. We haven't seen enough from her to decide how good she was as a tactician, but, what we saw from her, and her being ranked as the first among the other ranked claymores, and achieving that status not as an actual demon, but as the more human version of those warriors says she should be clearly above the average in the tactics area.

Second, the way she developed her skills, by studying and analysing the effects of her abilities, and what they are affected by, cannot be achieved by a regular claymore. To process that information and integrate with her talents successfully, she should have some admirable level of intelligence.

Yes, she may not be the most intelligent claymore, but she should be close to the higher intelligent ones rather than the average ones...And, that is still enough to consider her as an intelligent claymore regardless of the level she is associated with.
Old 2007-06-13, 00:01   Link #62
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
The way you consider intelligence is just a part of the general meaning it carries. We haven't seen enough from her to decide how good she was as a tactician, but, what we saw from her, and her being ranked as the first among the other ranked claymores, and achieving that status not as an actual demon, but as the more human version of those warriors says she should be clearly above the average in the tactics area.

Second, the way she developed her skills, by studying and analysing the effects of her abilities, and what they are affected by, cannot be achieved by a regular claymore. To process that information and integrate with her talents successfully, she should have some admirable level of intelligence.

Yes, she may not be the most intelligent claymore, but she should be close to the higher intelligent ones rather than the average ones...And, that is still enough to consider her as an intelligent claymore regardless of the level she is associated with.
Much better, thank you.
Old 2007-06-13, 00:21   Link #63
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
It's understandable to do the poll now, but my REAL favorite character will take 3-4 more episodes to show up

Spoiler:

Maybe you can make a second popularity poll after ep20!
Spoiler for Spoiler Tag about Spoiler Tag:
Old 2007-06-13, 09:12   Link #64
seiftis
~defying fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Reality View Post
Who is Miss Claymore? There are a lot of missuses who happen to be Claymores.
Galatea = Miss Claymore.
Old 2007-06-13, 10:45   Link #65
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Teresa at this point in the anime. She is what really sold me on the series. When we first met her she was a smiling killing machine. I loved how she terrified people intentionally almost for fun. Like when she told them what would happen if they didn't pay. I like that she didn't accept clare at all in the beggining. When she said she was going to kick her she did kick her. She almost leaves her for dead. Even after their bonding moment she still leaves Clare in a town with no promise of ever seeing her again. She had every intention of leaving things the way they were.

I love the instant she turns around and says she will kill every single one of the bandits. She doesn't lie. She doesn't have to. Then the fight between her and 2-5 was incredible. She reminded me a lot of Jean Reno in Leon: the Professional which is one of my favorite movies. She also reminds me of Denzel Washington in Man on Fire. Oh the power of a little girls love! Teresa's death was just so unfair that it caught me off guard and I thought about it a lot. Romi Paku's raspy voice certainly helped her character as well.

Last edited by chibamonster; 2007-06-13 at 11:25.
Old 2007-06-13, 12:11   Link #66
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Speaking of Teresa here's something I noticed reading the Manga. No need for spoilers, as all this would have been animated already.
When we first meet Teresa, she cleans the blood off her sword by swinging it in the air, and splattering anyone who happens to be nearby. After meeting and traveling with Claire for a while, she begins to instead clean her sword by banging it on the ground. No look at how Claire cleans her sword. She bangs it on the ground. I wonder if she picked that up from Teresa.
Old 2007-06-13, 12:25   Link #67
lakiaboy

I vote for Teresa.I love the name, her character development, all of her! Thou I think Galatea is more beautiful of all the claymore that I know but I like teresa inner beauty, a motherly sisterly love alike And she is the 1ST #1 claymore who has not awakened (she pwnz early...yeah due to pity)

sorry I don't know how to describe... pardon me my poor english~
RIP teresa & kamina
Old 2007-06-15, 02:08   Link #68
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

A majority here voted for Teresa...maybe we should write the creator-sama to resurrect her like Ripley in Aliens.
Old 2007-06-15, 02:22   Link #69
Westlo
Lets be reality

It will be interesting to see the results of a new poll after the anime series is finished.
Old 2007-06-15, 02:31   Link #70
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It will be interesting to see the results of a new poll after the anime series is finished.
I have a feeling it'll be twice this size...

Some non-manga readers might vote for Galatea, since as of now she's had roughly a minute of screen time.
Old 2007-06-15, 06:51   Link #71
Bloodseeker

I was tempted to wait to see more of Miria before I voted, since I'm generally partial towards the really smart mentor types, but I doubt that she's going to surpass the awesomeness of Teresa in episodes 6, 7, and 8 anytime soon...
Old 2007-06-15, 08:40   Link #72
B-day
Yokomo driver

New poll will be better wait until more new(important) characters appear on anime. Although I bet Teresa will remain favourite.
Old 2007-06-15, 13:44   Link #73
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-day View Post
New poll will be better wait until more new(important) characters appear on anime. Although I bet Teresa will remain favourite.
As stated earlier in this thread, the next poll probably won't be until episode 20 or so. I'm sure that manga readers know what story arc will finally spawn that poll.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-06-15, 14:41   Link #74
LilleNisse

Helen is my favorit. She is like a female version of me with that personality. Can't stop loving that girl

But thats just sofar, might chance later on when we get to see abit more
Old 2007-06-15, 14:49   Link #75
B-day
Yokomo driver

Helen has a sharp tongue hehe
Old 2007-06-16, 18:11   Link #76
LilleNisse

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-day View Post
Helen has a sharp tongue hehe
That's what I like about her. Sharp tongue and the "right" word at the "right" time
Old 2007-06-16, 19:11   Link #77
Melodymix
Ying Yang

It was either Teresa or Clare but I voted for Clare. Since I don't follow the manga I want to se where her character development is heading
Old 2007-06-17, 10:47   Link #78
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

I vote for Helen, it see only 5 ones like her ) .
Old 2007-06-17, 11:48   Link #79
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Those who've read ahead in the manga probably like her more than the anime folks who haven't seen much of her yet. Like Riful, Helen is a card. Unlike Riful though, Helen isn't evil! She's just rowdy! Look over in the "favorite quotes" thread, to see my favorite quote from Helen, the eternal "foot-in-mouth" Claymore!
Old 2007-06-17, 22:56   Link #80
mooncanvas
Junior Claytard

This was from another thread, but I thought it'd be more appropriate to answer here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Galatea personality would seems to suggest that she is like a court lady, elegant and sophisticated belle of high order. Like someone pointed, she is based on Greek mythology of a perfect lady in every sense. This would suggest the author intended to make her that way and in future episodes, she will be something a dichotomy. A highly exalted beauty who seem out of place with Claymore business. Galatea feels like a supermodel who actually have proficiency to pick up AK-47 and good with it.

Theresa, while beautiful, she is more practical and never considered how she look. She has the down to earth persona, a kind of girl from next door feel.
How I see Teresa is that she has the purity of a Goddess and the serenity of the Virgin Mary, while Galatea has the elegance and refinement of a Queen, and teh hawtness of a Supermodel.
Closed Thread