AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-30, 17:32   Link #21
DjDeluxay
マイクスズカゼ、ウェチノ

Send a message via AIM to DjDeluxay
yeah. I just got manga #1. Like it/. Going to get the DVD soon
Old 2004-01-02, 21:47   Link #22
Unmei
Tensetsuno Tenshi

Pantsu kudasai, I luv Chobits. She is so cute and the story is great. As expected from Clamp. The music was nice too but Sugar is cutter than Chii!!
Old 2004-01-02, 22:08   Link #23
Oneesama
本當に愛してるなら, "鰻食べる?”ってきかないで

being a big fan of Clamp's workz, Chobits is very cute~ funny~ I love the drawingz ^^

Quote:
(i've taken a few tests online, and i turned out to be Chii!!!yay!cuteness!)
site to the test?
Old 2004-01-03, 09:44   Link #24
Tritium
doaho...

i want to buy it but is it the same as the anime or different cause i don't want to read the same as that i saw in the anime
Old 2004-01-04, 18:24   Link #25
MetaFire
Wuthuh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritium
i want to buy it but is it the same as the anime or different cause i don't want to read the same as that i saw in the anime
Major events are the same, but there's a few extra parts, but there's also some anime only parts. There's a lot more detail in explaining background stuff on the non-protagonist characters later on. The anime actually finished before the manga did, so the manga ending is a bit different. And the disk at the beginning of the anime (which i don't recall was explained) also comes up later in the manga.

Eitherway, it's a great series.
Old 2004-01-06, 21:56   Link #26
coldzero

yeah i really enjoy watching chobits though it did have some nasty comments but it added humor.
I never saw teh mangas-i just borrow the entire series from a friend.
I heard things that said why was -in the manga Chi hair silver and in the series it was blond?
Old 2004-04-19, 12:30   Link #27
Keiokie

Send a message via MSN to Keiokie
A question about Chobits...

I read the entire Chobits series again yesterday, and I noticed something. Elda and Freya's mother looks highly of the lady of Angelic layer. In the Chobits series, her husband also looks like Iichan off Angelic Layer. It was even mentioned that her husband made those angels. This is two different series, but it seems like those two characters are the same. The husband in Chobits who looks like Iichan in the series dies, so does he also die in Angelic Layer?

If you have any suggestions, please post.
Old 2004-04-19, 12:53   Link #28
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiokie
I read the entire Chobits series again yesterday, and I noticed something. Elda and Freya's mother looks highly of the lady of Angelic layer. In the Chobits series, her husband also looks like Iichan off Angelic Layer. It was even mentioned that her husband made those angels. This is two different series, but it seems like those two characters are the same. The husband in Chobits who looks like Iichan in the series dies, so does he also die in Angelic Layer?

If you have any suggestions, please post.
CLAMP is known for doing crossovers and stories that are related to their previous work(s).

Icchan does not die in the Angelic Layer manga, but judging that he created pasokons as a successor from his expertise in creatic Layers, it is feasible. I don't know how the manga version of Chobits or Angelic Layer is translated in your country, but it is fairly obvious over here - especially if you know how CLAMP makes their stories.

Now go read "XXXholic" and "Tsubasa" for the real taste of CLAMP's huge crossover project.
Old 2004-04-19, 13:17   Link #29
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

chobits takes place some years after Angelic Layer ends
if you look carefully: in Minoru's flashback of when his sister dies, you can see Misaki.
Minoru's sister IS Kaede, the deus of Blanche, from Angelic Layer
Ichiro, Hibiya's husband, looks (and IS) Icchan from angelic layer
plus the rather BLATANT reference in vol. 7

other goodies:
(AL)Eriol Academy is named after Eriol from Card Captor Sakura
Piffle Princess appears in CCS
Hikaru looks a lot like Hikaru from MKR
i've even heard that CCS and AL have some of the same seiyuus
Old 2004-04-19, 13:19   Link #30
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
err... in the manga they directly correlate chobits and AL.

hideki even mentions it. (angelic layer) he says "it was all the fad until just recently"
Old 2004-04-19, 14:32   Link #31
Keiokie

Send a message via MSN to Keiokie
Alright, thanks for clearing that up for me. I own quite a few CLAMP series, but I never really noticed the cross-overs before.
Old 2004-10-17, 15:50   Link #32
Jamila Kamilah

Quote:
Originally Posted by clow
The story is good and the characters are funny. There'S some part where the pics are.....um....hot. ^^
Amen to that.
Old 2004-12-17, 21:56   Link #33
chi motsuwa

Send a message via MSN to chi motsuwa
Thumbs up chobits

hi hi im new here just wanted to say how much i love chobits although ive only read the first abd the third but yes i love chobits do you post you opinions!
Old 2007-06-12, 12:34   Link #34
saturnalia_2007

Chobits

anyone else read it its great ^_^
Old 2007-06-12, 18:05   Link #35
<Lilith.:.Winters>
○•...Contemplative.. .•○

Send a message via MSN to <Lilith.:.Winters>
I've read it. It's pretty good. ^^;;

I've seen many imitations of it though....in my opinion, the "Dears" manga is a little like "Chobits" when I read the first volume in a bookstore.

*Sigh*
Old 2007-06-13, 04:34   Link #36
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

Wow, old thread. =p

I much preferred the anime, honestly. Read the manga, own the DVDs. Definitely better animated, with voices and music.

DearS gets compared to it a lot (well, they are very similar) but I don't think it's entirely fair. DearS is quite different in some regards. I mean... Chii is an android, Ren is an alien. Hideki wanted a persocom, Takeya was terrified of aliens and wanted nothing to do with Ren. Takeya also has friends. Hideki didn't (to begin with at least) and... I could go on, but really, if you don't realise I'm being sarcastic by now, too bad.

I liked DearS a lot. Chobits wins though, because Chii would be more useful to me than Ren. I could use a portable, intelligent supercomputer. I have no reason to want a sex slave alien other than the fact she's cute. Ren would cost a lot to feed, Chii would cost a lot to charge... both drawbacks there. ;.;

Anyway. Gonna stop rambling. Just saying I much preferred the anime to the manga. Just something about the manga that didn't sit right with me, where as the anime had me hooked the whole way through.
Old 2007-06-13, 06:46   Link #37
ellifeedn
Thinker

I love this series. In fact, I loved every CLAMP series I've read. The group has such influencial works. I mean I see references to their series in many different ways, this one no exception. Not sure if I'll watch the anime though.
Old 2007-06-13, 14:38   Link #38
<Lilith.:.Winters>
○•...Contemplative.. .•○

Send a message via MSN to <Lilith.:.Winters>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asai View Post
Wow, old thread. =p

I much preferred the anime, honestly. Read the manga, own the DVDs. Definitely better animated, with voices and music.

DearS gets compared to it a lot (well, they are very similar) but I don't think it's entirely fair. DearS is quite different in some regards. I mean... Chii is an android, Ren is an alien. Hideki wanted a persocom, Takeya was terrified of aliens and wanted nothing to do with Ren. Takeya also has friends. Hideki didn't (to begin with at least) and... I could go on, but really, if you don't realise I'm being sarcastic by now, too bad.

I liked DearS a lot. Chobits wins though, because Chii would be more useful to me than Ren. I could use a portable, intelligent supercomputer. I have no reason to want a sex slave alien other than the fact she's cute. Ren would cost a lot to feed, Chii would cost a lot to charge... both drawbacks there. ;.;

Anyway. Gonna stop rambling. Just saying I much preferred the anime to the manga. Just something about the manga that didn't sit right with me, where as the anime had me hooked the whole way through.
Lol, well I suppose you are right, when you pin-point the obvious differences. I also prefer "Chobits" over "DearS" anyday. ^^;;

I was just pointing out that DearS was very similar to Chobits as a concept. In my opinion they both had the whole "Regular-human-guy-meets-cute/sexy-Unhuman-girl-and-have-some-sort-of-relationship-developing-throughout-the-series" kind of thing...but hey, that's just me.

Anyhow, carry on.
Old 2007-06-13, 17:30   Link #39
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Not quite

Hideki was a giant virgin wuss.
Takeya knew all about women, he just hates space aliens.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2007-06-18, 10:18   Link #40
Fragment

"what do you think about this story", is quite a general question. Chobits(from the cover) looks like a very shoujo manga. However, as you read further into the manga,
it has high techy stuff, and big frilly dresses. Chobits the idea isn't very original, but it's the best made concept webbing from that idea. I liked the manga better than the anime
(usual little me). The ending in the anime was a quite abrupt and could use some brushing up.
Closed Thread