Don't really like her, don't really hate her. 190 21.49%
I dislike her.. 87 9.84%
I HATE HER. 143 16.18%
Other. 16 1.81%
Voters: 884. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-25, 12:51   Link #2021
Le_Rukia

Location: I am living life and having a ball ... wondering why Lent isn't two weeks vs 8
Send a message via MSN to Le_Rukia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
@Wondermike: Good post, nice to hear from someone who likes Orihime for a change.

I expect a lot from Orihime in the near future, but at the same time my tolerance for her has consistently been high. As of late, Bleach as a whole has become stale so I don't plan to push all of its problems under one rug. I remember reading over some posts on Bleach Asylum and noticed that the majority of memebers claimed to have lost all hope for a plot to return to Bleach. And that 'canon moments' where the only reason they were still reading it. So yeah the manga is in that kind of place. I don't think she's perfect and it frustrates me that she has so much scope and complexity but only fulfills a fraction of it. Yet, for some reason you guys view Orihime as an individual who has all these problems but in reality everything in Bleach originates from one source. I can understand hating her from conception, thinking that what she stands for is completely absurd and sticking with that belief, but otherwise you should be blaming the mangaka for slipping up somewhere along the way.
I agree that Orihime's character has an opportunity in the upcoming chapters of the Manga ( once we return to HM) to expand.... (first start focusing on something other than Ichigo; I don't care [male/female] who or what).. something different... .. if it does not happpen; I really don't know what to say.. I am almost afraid we will be stuck with constant Kurosaki-kun for the rest of the series... and that will be tragic..
Old 2008-11-25, 15:07   Link #2022
Utsukushii Hono'o
Banned

Location: Currently stalking, Evil Rick, Larthak, Malin, Kholdstare, lv23, as always Endrance.anafewothrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le_Rukia View Post
I agree that Orihime's character has an opportunity in the upcoming chapters of the Manga ( once we return to HM) to expand.... (first start focusing on something other than Ichigo; I don't care [male/female] who or what).. something different... .. if it does not happpen; I really don't know what to say.. I am almost afraid we will be stuck with constant Kurosaki-kun for the rest of the series... and that will be tragic..
She's made a bit of progress in recent chapters. It sounds like she accepted that she can be in a persons heart as a friend (Barely)

I would be so happy I might cry if she focuses on Ulquiorra. They are a real good match and already have chemistry.

(Was Grimjow and Ishida but I long since gave up hope for them. Plus I like Ulquihime better)
Old 2008-11-25, 16:01   Link #2023
tensashinigami
ヴァイザード

I'm not sure really why everybody who likes or hates (I don't really feel trying to read 102 pages of replies)

She's okay. Trying to be sweet all the times is a joykiller, and it's gets annoying.

I should put "don't really like her or don't really hate her" instead "I like her"
Old 2008-11-25, 16:49   Link #2024
Utsukushii Hono'o
Banned

Location: Currently stalking, Evil Rick, Larthak, Malin, Kholdstare, lv23, as always Endrance.anafewothrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by tensashinigami View Post
I'm not sure really why everybody who likes or hates (I don't really feel trying to read 102 pages of replies)

She's okay. Trying to be sweet all the times is a joykiller, and it's gets annoying.

I should put "don't really like her or don't really hate her" instead "I like her"
Basically, most of us (hate) dislike her because, she lacks self esteems. She compares herself to Rukia instead of appreciating her own good qualities. All she thinks of and does is for "Kurosaki-Kun" (Her saying it a lot is also a bone of contention). Some of us don't like stereotypical big-boobied whiny, insecure characters. She's cute but her character development makes her appear quite ugly.
So we hate her (There are a few of us who want her die really badly )That's it in a nutshell.

At least that's what I gathered from reading everyone's posts in thread. (actually read entire thread)

I think this way also...
Old 2008-11-25, 17:28   Link #2025
tensashinigami
ヴァイザード

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsukushii Hono'o View Post
Basically, most of us (hate) dislike her because, she lacks self esteems. She compares herself to Rukia instead of appreciating her own good qualities. All she thinks of and does is for "Kurosaki-Kun" (Her saying it a lot is also a bone of contention). Some of us don't like stereotypical big-boobied whiny, insecure characters. She's cute but her character development makes her appear quite ugly.
So we hate her (There are a few of us who want her die really badly )That's it in a nutshell.

At least that's what I gathered from reading everyone's posts in thread. (actually read entire thread)

I think this way also...
I agree with you on that in a nutshell. It's like she thinking WWKD: What Would Kurosaki Do?
Old 2008-11-25, 18:29   Link #2026
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

You know when Orhime ever finely stop calling Ichigo Kurosaki-kun and starts calling him Ichigo everyone going to be in shock or something.

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2008-11-25, 18:33   Link #2027
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia Herrera View Post
You know when Orhime ever finely stop calling Ichigo Kurosaki-kun and starts calling him Ichigo everyone going to be in shock or something.
I would die from a heart attack XD.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2008-11-25, 18:33   Link #2028
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

i'll hold my breath till that day comes
Old 2008-11-25, 21:11   Link #2029
Langus
Optimus Prime

It'll never happen. Because at that point they'd be something more than friends.
Old 2008-11-25, 23:20   Link #2030
Le_Rukia

Location: I am living life and having a ball ... wondering why Lent isn't two weeks vs 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
It'll never happen. Because at that point they'd be something more than friends.
For that to happen we are talking total rework here (either Ichigo or Orihime)... so BEEP...... Not going to happen!!!!
Old 2008-11-26, 03:36   Link #2031
Zeda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Rukia calls him Ichigo but they are just friends.
Old 2008-11-26, 03:54   Link #2032
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeda View Post
Rukia calls him Ichigo but they are just friends.
Orihime(chapter 164) : "She's not just a friend... To Kurosaki-kun... Kuchiki-san is a very important person! Because, Kuchiki-san is the person who changed his world."

Old 2008-11-26, 04:53   Link #2033
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurys View Post
Orihime(chapter 164) : "She's not just a friend... To Kurosaki-kun... Kuchiki-san is a very important person! Because, Kuchiki-san is the person who changed his world."

Wow, you call her a love-crazed stalker who is delusional about love and stuff but you conveniently make an exception for this quote?(this isnt to Eurys btw)

......interesting -_-
Old 2008-11-26, 07:12   Link #2034
Langus
Optimus Prime

Well, stalker or not she has a point. Every character in the show knows that Rukia is a very important person to Ichigo. Doesn't mean they're lovers - just important to one another.
Old 2008-11-26, 07:13   Link #2035
Le_Rukia

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
Wow, you call her a love-crazed stalker who is delusional about love and stuff but you conveniently make an exception for this quote?(this isnt to Eurys btw)

......interesting -_-
No... there isn't an exception... Orihime up until now is a Love Crazed Stalker.
(she can and does smell the guy out no matter where he is: that is a STALKER). in this quote referenced I beleive she understands and excepts there is another woman in ichigo's life, who so happens to also be a friend to her....
Old 2008-11-26, 08:01   Link #2036
Ichigo&Rukia

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post

......interesting -_-
She understands Ichigo perfectly. It's just that she does not affect him the way Rukia does. She is not delusional about love IMO.
Nobody has double standarts here.
Old 2008-11-26, 08:51   Link #2037
tensashinigami
ヴァイザード

Yeah, she's a stalker. No matter where Ichigo is, the big jiggly girl will seek out and find him. She is definitely jealous about "the friendship" with Rukia and Ichigo. Not even, Orihime can get Ichigo to smile like that when Rukia made Ichigo apologize.
Old 2008-11-26, 09:06   Link #2038
Scarlett_Rain55

Is this the anti-hime fanclub?
Old 2008-11-26, 12:21   Link #2039
blue skies
noch einmal?

Arrgh. I get really sick of people calling Orihime a stalker because well, she isn't. She's in love with Ichigo, so it stands to reason that she'd think about him constantly and want to be with him. It's not like she's obsessively following the guy home every night, so I hardly think love makes her a crazed, jealous stalker. I would agree that it consumes her character and inhibits her ability to grow. One-sided love just isn't good for the girl; it makes her dull and weak at times, and putting Ichigo on a pedestal and comparing herself to Rukia definitely isn't doing wonders for her self esteem either. I think her feelings need some sort of resolution for her to be able to grow and change. I'm hoping it comes before she Kurosaki-kuuuuun's 59872 more times. I might rip out my hair.
Old 2008-11-26, 13:31   Link #2040
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
*staaaareee*

aboult stalking,.. it's kind of cute one reason I like Shirayuki best in R+V also a big fan of Rose in 2 and a half men, but that's another level

come on, it's not like she stalks him 24/7 and call him every 5 minutes, you wouldn't call Ichigo a pervert just because he once tried to peek under Rangiku's skirt