2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.23%
1 out of 10 : Painful 22 5.06%
Voters: 435. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-06-17, 20:48   Link #221
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD
Secondly, a happy ending will be easily forgotten with time, but a touching ending like this will stay in my memory for a very loooooong time.
So true, but I think that the ending was a happy one, granted it wasnt a sugary overflowing perfect happy ending that would give you diabeties by watching but it feels right.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 20:59   Link #222
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by OshadowO
I liked the ending but in the end the whole king aruthur thing really weirded me out. Even his/her/its(?) knight was a girl. Or wait was that a guy?

That aside they did a good job on it in the end. They showed a resolution for all the main characterss, and even though they ignored some stuff (archer, shinji gone missing, the temple and its residents) those things almost didn't seem that important in the end.

9/10.
Shinji is dead, got clobbered by Berserker after events in ep 12. Archer went back to Throne of Heroes, missing his chance to kill Shirou which is his original reason why he wants to be summoned as a Servant in this particular War. This is road leads to story of UBW, on how future adult Shirou found the reason of his being again after being very bitter about his ideals betrayed again and again.

The temple is destroyed and I assumed the residents either were killed or held somewhere to be consumed by Gilgamesh for mana?

Or they just went somewhere for a field trip.
Old 2006-06-17, 20:59   Link #223
Blaster

I think this is a nice ending for FSN. Although people may complain that FSN underdeveloped a lot of other characters after ep14, I'm actually glad that the animators did that. Given the amount of eps they had left, they developed Shirou and Saber(rushed) and fit in the story(you'll need some background knowledge) to set the stage for this ending.

I'm quite pleased with the ending. It was not a happy ending, neither is it exactly a sad one, somewhere in between. The scene where Saber bid Shirou farewell, imo, is the best scene in the whole of anime. It was fast but well executed and gives a bittersweet feeling.

It would have been a nicer ending if characters are more developed but at least they did not screw up the 2 main ones.
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 21:02   Link #224
stormy001_M1A2

Lancer got the least exposition so unfortunately the people who don't play the game will not able to see his characters in full.

Suffice to say this, Lancer is typical swashbuckler devil may care hero and his original Master is a stern but mushy inside type of Irish woman. He is some sort of Han Solo in a way. He is actually honourable and a gentleman, understandably, many females find him irresistable. His original Master have puppy love for him, thus you can say she summoned Lancer out of girlish infatuation.

His scene where he retold his sad tale of being an Irish legend to Shirou while he is fishing is touching and sad at the time. It is one of prominient story in Fate/Hollow Ataraxia.
Old 2006-06-17, 21:13   Link #225
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
Lancer got the least exposition so unfortunately the people who don't play the game will not able to see his characters in full.

Suffice to say this, Lancer is typical swashbuckler devil may care hero and his original Master is a stern but mushy inside type of Irish woman. He is some sort of Han Solo in a way. He is actually honourable and a gentleman, understandably, many females find him irresistable. His original Master have puppy love for him, thus you can say she summoned Lancer out of girlish infatuation.

His scene where he retold his sad tale of being an Irish legend to Shirou while he is fishing is touching and sad at the time. It is one of prominient story in Fate/Hollow Ataraxia.
Agreed.

Lancer, Rider, Archer, and Rin really got the shaft in the anime.

Lancer and Rider, I can understand why, but they took out all the Archer/Rin moments
Old 2006-06-17, 21:23   Link #226
k1bell
Saber-chan!!!! X3

Great ending.
A 10 from me.

and i really do hope there's something like an OVA where it shows Saber with Shirou somewhere out there... XD
yes. FAT HOPE i know. ><
k1bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 21:23   Link #227
kamikazex

thats y they should've made it way longer..
damn hope they make lots of ovas
ending wasnt that bad.
too bad rin never found out who archer really was
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 21:26   Link #228
k1bell
Saber-chan!!!! X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
If they can put an Onsen on a fricking BATTLESHIP (the archangel in GSD), I am QUITE confident that they can have an onsen in regular places. And who knows, maybe Rider would challenge Saber to a rematch tussle...except in the Onsen! While they're in nothing but their birthday suits! And then Rin can never resist getting in on it while Caster puts a shield around herself and poor little loli Illya to avoid getting splashed up.

And in the meantime, the men's onsen turns a bright shade of red courtesy of Shirou, Gil, and Assassin all going completely nuts with nosebleeds .

I mean come on, it worked for Tenchi Muyo and there's even a Dead or Alive beach volleyball...now FSN beach volleyball? YES PLEASE! Let's just do away with the bikinis this time!

you know something...
you're dreaming of something that will NEVER happen.
k1bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 21:31   Link #229
stormy001_M1A2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
If they can put an Onsen on a fricking BATTLESHIP (the archangel in GSD), I am QUITE confident that they can have an onsen in regular places. And who knows, maybe Rider would challenge Saber to a rematch tussle...except in the Onsen! While they're in nothing but their birthday suits! And then Rin can never resist getting in on it while Caster puts a shield around herself and poor little loli Illya to avoid getting splashed up.

And in the meantime, the men's onsen turns a bright shade of red courtesy of Shirou, Gil, and Assassin all going completely nuts with nosebleeds .

I mean come on, it worked for Tenchi Muyo and there's even a Dead or Alive beach volleyball...now FSN beach volleyball? YES PLEASE! Let's just do away with the bikinis this time!
Maybe you should setup your own animation studio or make a doujinshi out of your pet stories? Surely it will find some audience.
Old 2006-06-17, 21:46   Link #230
cloudninja

I wouldn't mind watching some sort of followup series not even based on the other scenarios from the game.

Just a series or several OVAs exploring what happens after episode 24 after choosing a possible ending.

Contains spoilers about the ending of Fate/Stay Night.

Spoiler:
cloudninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 21:59   Link #231
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
The ED was awsome btw. The song was beautiful(I was actually expecting them to play one of the OPs as is typical for a finale in a lot of current shows) and the collage of scenes were essentially all the major fanservice moments of the series(sexual, comedy, and action oriented).

I hope that song is on the OST.
Prodigious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 22:24   Link #232
ReinhartX

Spoiler:

P.S.... gilgamesh looked like he got sliced into half when he was hit my excalibur O_O
ReinhartX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 22:35   Link #233
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

who is this knight at the end, named Bedivere? and where are they? avalon or some unknown forest?
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 22:45   Link #234
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki
who is this knight at the end, named Bedivere? and where are they? avalon or some unknown forest?
The Knight is Bedivere.

Not sure the name of the forest they were in, if it even has a name.

They were NOT in Avalon though. After the ending, Bedivere then placed Saber onto a small boat on a river where she was accepted into Avalon, and her body disappeared, where she will lay to rest until a time where she will awaken, when England needs her once again.
Old 2006-06-17, 23:00   Link #235
juventas

Spoiler:
juventas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 23:06   Link #236
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
The Knight is Bedivere.

Not sure the name of the forest they were in, if it even has a name.

They were NOT in Avalon though. After the ending, Bedivere then placed Saber onto a small boat on a river where she was accepted into Avalon, and her body disappeared, where she will lay to rest until a time where she will awaken, when England needs her once again.
Bedivere put saber in a boat? does this occur in the game or in the anime? i dont see it in the anime
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 23:15   Link #237
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

7/10 gets my vote and only because they pulled one hell of a save to balance out an abysmal opening fight. The first half right up to when Saber shows up to destroy the grail simply felt really mundane; a total lack of urgency. The hands of the zombified certaintly didn't carry an "evil" atmosphere about it and Saber didn't look half as overwhelmed by Gil as she did when he was only "half-assing" back in episode 21. A sense of suspense was completely lacking right up to the appearance of Avalon (which completely cheesed the ultimate weapon's power.) Poor execution is all I can attribute this to, and if it weren't for what proceeded it, a 1/10 would have been in order.

Aside form that, I wasn't expecting anything coming into the last episode and so I felt that the bittersweet ending was fitting. At the very least it was a proper ending. The sunrise when Saber disappeared was done really well and I can't help attributing that to her goal in obtaining the holy grail in the first place; to obtain a new beginning. The characters are still sadly under-developped but it's good to see nearly everyone make an appearance again in the last episode.

Fate Stay Night was disappointing, and very sadly so because it had so much promise at the beginning. The studio had a chance to bring in the non-FSN players into the world and completely passed up on it by opting for superficial character developments. If the series had been developped with the emphasis on the characters in mind instead of the story, not only would each loss of a character have a much bigger impact on the viewers, but the series would have a good chance at breaking the niche target that the anime had in mind to start out with.

Good ending (overall), disappointing series.
Shirobane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 23:17   Link #238
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by juventas
Spoiler:
This time they destroyed the Greater Holy Grail, thus the Servant system is gone.

And there are more Eirei's that qualify for the Saber class than just Arthuria, she was just summoned for the previous Grail War, as well as the final one due to special circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki
Bedivere put saber in a boat? does this occur in the game or in the anime? i dont see it in the anime
Its part of the Arthurian Legends.
Old 2006-06-17, 23:18   Link #239
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Wow... Despite my original hatred of this series, it looks like this thing's wrapped itself up rather decently ^^. Personally, I'd always harbored the irritation of not having played the game, but then again, I enjoyed Shingetsutan immensely without having any prior knowledge of the game universe. I was, however, more impressed with Fate than Shingetsutan.

I'm also a complete sucker for all-encompassing worldviews, and I'm in love with the Fate/ST universe.

I must admit, though, that the last episode was 100% predictable. There wasn't a single scene that couldn't have been predicted... Honestly, I was somewhat expecting a UBW or something as a surprise. Ah well, time to browse the fansites and indulge myself summore.

Arghhh!! What will I do on Saturday mornings now?!?! That's one less thing to wait for on a weekly basis >.>
Ambience Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 23:22   Link #240
SweetSpring
Garden of Tsubaki
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to SweetSpring
sob sob sob sob sob....T_Tmy room was filled with my tears...T_T
sis entered my room because of my crying and used a mop to mop my face and the flooded floor.
SweetSpring is offline   Reply With Quote