AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-11-13, 15:53   Link #241
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Here we go with thoughts on episode 05.

When first seeing Kelpie's character design, along with his part in the OP --- i would have never guessed he'd be the playful character that he is. I thought we'd be seeing someone with quite a serious attitude, so that was a nice surprise. I'm all up for playful Koyasu, because it fits in nicely with the show.

As for the balcony scene between Lydia and Edgar, this facial expression says it all.

I don't know how i feel about Lydia's flashback. I mean they've basically just added a reason as to why she doesn't want to believe what Edgar is telling her concerning his feelings, where as for the past four episode i was to believe she was a strong woman who could see through that. Though at the end of the day she is a young girl waiting for love, so it's pretty expected. I'll probably be fine with it while i'm watching the next episode.

Another character from the OP appeared in this episode --- the one and only Paul Ferman. I'm rather liking his character, and am interested to see where they'll take it. It would be pretty good if he was to develop some strong feelings for Lydia, and see where that would go. I laughed a bit hearing Kamiya Hirioshi --- it's very rare to hear such a soft level of speech from him. Even softer then his role for Natsume in Natsume Yuujinchou.

& as Sorrow-K mentioned a while ago, and it was proven yet again in this episode --- Lydia is so moe.
Old 2008-11-13, 16:14   Link #242
rose-wisteria
~Cuteness is NOT a Crime~

Send a message via AIM to rose-wisteria Send a message via MSN to rose-wisteria Send a message via Yahoo to rose-wisteria
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres View Post
For me it would be the worst ep so far
Those two did not get into the right mood at all....

But it seems that it will get interesting again, new enemies, two opponents in love and a Lydia who does not know that he loves her for real
Wow. Two different opinions on this episode.

As for myself, I must say it's not my favorite (probably 3rd after ep 4 and 1) but I love it just because it moves the story forward when a lot of us were like when Edgar got the sword at the end of Episode 4. Quite a nice turn I must say. I like how they didn't spend the entire anime tracking down a sword.

As for the episode itself, I believe Kelpie adds a lot to the storyline and moves it quite a bit. Like Ami from Toradora, Kelpie is fitting into the love rival quite well. And like Shiroth pointed out, I am shocked when he has such a playful and obsessive personality. I thought he would be more like Kaname from VK! Sure, Kaname is obsessive but playful? No way. XD Plus, it helps that I adore Kelpie's character design. Him and Lydia make such a hot fanart couple. I'm a Lydia/Edgar fan all the way though.

The minute I saw Paul's official character design, I predicted that he is Lydia's type and that they will hit it off quite well. I turn out to be right. I don't know if they like each other or not but they pretty much agree on everything they talk about in this episode. In every show, there must be a nice guy right? Paul is doing his job quite well to make a sweet contrast to Edgar.

The confronted Kelpie and Lydia scene is so delightful to watch. It's so amazing. I want to watch it over and over again. XD Now, I want an avatar of when Lydia slaps him and he winks at her instead.

As for the Edgar and Lydia last scene, oh my! Edgar you lied so much that Lydia thinks you're playing a love game with her! I love the priceless "I think my future wife is mad at me" line. Favorite line in the episode. It's so Edgar.

One last comment- Lydia is sooooooo gorgeous in this episode. I want her hair! She can do anything with it! >_<

Minnie's Blog- My thoughts, my stories.
Hey, Say, Anime!- My anime blog with a group of writers.
rose-wisteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 19:15   Link #243
Kirarakim

So I started to watch this but it's so silly that I am almost embarrassed. But all the awesome seiyuu oh god.

Poor Kelpie he doesn't have chance considering the fact that Koyasu's character never seems to get the girl especially not against Hikaru Midorikawa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
I laughed a bit hearing Kamiya Hirioshi --- it's very rare to hear such a soft level of speech from him. Even softer then his role for Natsume in Natsume Yuujinchou.
Yeah I didn't even recognize him at first

On a side note I love the cat (and I especially love how they included him in the ending song).
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 19:26   Link #244
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Poor Kelpie he doesn't have chance considering the fact that Koyasu's character never seems to get the girl especially not against Hikaru Midorikawa.
I didn't want someone to point this out.

He has a chance this time, he knew her first!
Old 2008-11-13, 20:01   Link #245
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
He has a chance this time, he knew her first!
Sorry, but Kelpie doesn't have a chance, IMO. Lydia treats him like a kid brother, and this show isn't the kind that will go that route.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 20:03   Link #246
zhafire

Kelpie reminds me of Gaston from Beauty and the Beast!!!
zhafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 20:03   Link #247
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Sorry, but Kelpie doesn't have a chance, IMO. Lydia treats him like a kid brother, and this show isn't the kind that will go that route.
I was joking around.

It's obvious it's not going to go that way, though that doesn't mean i can't have fun with it.
Old 2008-11-13, 20:06   Link #248
Kirarakim

Kelpie might get that blonde haired fairy girl. Sure she looks a little young for him but she is probably older then she looks. And they are both fairies. And since he stole that ring from her they will have the love/hate thing going for them.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 20:08   Link #249
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
But all the awesome seiyuu oh god.
That was the 2nd reason I decided to watch first being Edgar

Quote:
haha thats a great way of putting it XD
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 23:03   Link #250
rose-wisteria

Send a message via AIM to rose-wisteria Send a message via MSN to rose-wisteria Send a message via Yahoo to rose-wisteria
Quote:
I was going to list top 10 reasons why Kelpie/Lydia won't happen from a writer's perspective but your reason I think beat all of them combined. Good job.

Is anyone as excited as me to see if Lydia has some real competition in the fairy queen? She's supposed to be really pretty.

Old 2008-11-13, 23:16   Link #251
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose-wisteria View Post
Is anyone as excited as me to see if Lydia has some real competition in the fairy queen? She's supposed to be really pretty.
I hadn't seriously considered Edgar becoming interested in the fairy queen. For one thing, she'd always have to be in human form in order for him to see her. I imagine that would be quite taxing.

But I have little doubt that Lydia will think of Edgar as becoming interested in the fairy queen. So the end result for the viewer might be the same. Because Lydia is the series' main narrative voice, we will likely see all of Edgar's interactions with the queen through Lydia's jealous green eyes.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2008-11-14, 03:54   Link #252
rose-wisteria

Quote:
I hadn't seriously considered Edgar becoming interested in the fairy queen. For one thing, she'd always have to be in human form in order for him to see her. I imagine that would be quite taxing.

But I have little doubt that Lydia will think of Edgar as becoming interested in the fairy queen. So the end result for the viewer might be the same. Because Lydia is the series' main narrative voice, we will likely see all of Edgar's interactions with the queen through Lydia's jealous green eyes.
I mean in looks. I don't think any girl has a chance against Lydia in Edgar's heart. No matter what I love Lydia's character design the best.

Old 2008-11-14, 09:51   Link #253
LKK

Quote:
I mean in looks. I don't think any girl has a chance against Lydia in Edgar's heart. No matter what I love Lydia's character design the best.
Oh, I get you now. I hope the fairy queen is beautiful looking. I would be disappointed if she doesn't rival Lydia in looks because that would negate all my childhood fairy tale fantasies.

Old 2008-11-14, 13:02   Link #254
nanafan
horo fan

i find kelpie interesting, he's pretty funny, he fits the michevious fairy character pretty well. i don't know why they put in the flashback either, i admit that it's kinda hard to figure out edgar, but even though he teases lydia, i think he cares for her.
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 14:34   Link #255
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

I do not know why you discuss the possibility of EdgarXFairyqueen since someone else carries the ring
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 19:03   Link #256
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Oh, I get you now. I hope the fairy queen is beautiful looking. I would be disappointed if she doesn't rival Lydia in looks because that would negate all my childhood fairy tale fantasies.
I actually think it would be interesting it she looks a lot like Lydia, just like in the painting, or, I think she might be that other fairy girl we saw at the end, the pink one from the opening sequence since if someone's gonna be a main character they have to appear in the opening song, it's like a law!
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 20:24   Link #257
rose-wisteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres View Post
I do not know why you discuss the possibility of EdgarXFairyqueen since someone else carries the ring
Edgar/Fairy Queen might not happen but I still want to know what she looks like. You can't just have minor characters say she's so beautiful and not reveal her appearance to the viewers. That'll be cruel! But it might happen nevertheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I actually think it would be interesting it she looks a lot like Lydia, just like in the painting, or, I think she might be that other fairy girl we saw at the end, the pink one from the opening sequence since if someone's gonna be a main character they have to appear in the opening song, it's like a law!
I definitely don't think she's that pink fairy we saw in the preview, but it'll be very very interesting if she looks like Lydia. I can't get enough of Lydia's character design that's why.

Old 2008-11-15, 00:10   Link #258
golthin

Quote:
I was going to list top 10 reasons why Kelpie/Lydia won't happen from a writer's perspective but your reason I think beat all of them combined. Good job.

Edgar already said in the latest episode that the engagement with the Fairy queen only apply to the previous Earl. So it is safe to say that Fairy queen x Edgar won't happen. Besides, Edgar is in love with Lydia.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 09:38   Link #259
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
I definitely don't think she's that pink fairy we saw in the preview, but it'll be very very interesting if she looks like Lydia. I can't get enough of Lydia's character design that's why.
Yeah, I just saw the raw for episode 6 and it looks like the pink fairy is called Sweet Pea. Can't wait for the subs on this one, I think there were some pretty funny lines in there.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 18:42   Link #260
LKK

Could someone tell me when HtY airs in Japan? (Day of week & time) I thought I knew, but the last few few weeks have proven that I don't know as much as I thought I did.

Tags
fantasy, shoujo