mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 15:34   Link #362
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres View Post
Sometimes I think that I am the only male in this thread
And no Sorrow-K does not count at all
Nothing wrong with that. It's good to have a diverse audience.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 15:57   Link #363
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

Quote:
Now you know what females think when they watch shounen with all the fanservice. XD

Off tangent. How long is this series?
Mei19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 16:32   Link #364
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei19 View Post
Now you know what females think when they watch shounen with all the fanservice. XD Off tangent. How long is this series?
1. fanservice: Touché. Lol. It's all good.

2. episodes: Twelve. This week's episode is the finale...of this season (info from TV listings on Shoboi Calendar). Maybe there is a possibility of another season?

This is hardly a masterpiece, but I've enjoyed it. Despite the cat. He's growing on me, actually. What I'm comparing it to are Corda D'Oro and Angelique, and it competes very well with those, for me. Lacks the intensity of Vampire Knight, but the characters are still interesting and enjoyable, at a certain level. The sparklies are both cute and a nice joke.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-12-22 at 17:23.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 02:39   Link #365
Yushi

Aww I'll be sad to see this series gone! This is one of those rare series where you don't have the standard "stupid loser lame guy who's never had a girlfriend in his life" and the "big boobed hyper popular girl" formula.
The guy is actually *gasp* good looking and collected and the girl is actually *gasp* cute and not fan-servicy!
They call this 'shoujo formula (cute girl and hot guy)' cliche but it's so rare nowadays that it's 'original' now! If anything, those harem shows (5 good looking girls + 1 wimpy guy) are "cliche".
Oops went off on a rant.
X3 I hope Edward and Lydia end up together in the last episode. *hopes for a kiss or at least a heartfelt hug*
Yushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 03:19   Link #366
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
I never count

Edit, so I'm at least on topic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
1. fanservice: Touché. Lol. It's all good.

2. episodes: Twelve. This week's episode is the finale...of this season (info from TV listings on Shoboi Calendar). Maybe there is a possibility of another season?

This is hardly a masterpiece, but I've enjoyed it. Despite the cat. He's growing on me, actually. What I'm comparing it to are Corda D'Oro and Angelique, and it competes very well with those, for me. Lacks the intensity of Vampire Knight, but the characters are still interesting and enjoyable, at a certain level. The sparklies are both cute and a nice joke.
The Vampire Knight comparison is an interesting one, even if VK outdoes this not just for intensity, but plot. I think if there's one thing that can be said about both shows, it's that they know their target audiences. I'd almost make the argument that that comes to VK's detriment, though, but actually enhances this show.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 10:29   Link #367
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
I never count
You do count but not this time as a male
Old 2008-12-23, 19:09   Link #368
Kirarakim

Quote:
You do count but not this time as a male
What about Shiroth? He posts in here regularly and I am pretty sure he is a guy. Please forgive me if I am wrong Shiroth.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 19:13   Link #369
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
What about Shiroth? He posts in here regularly and I am pretty sure he is a guy. Please forgive me if I am wrong Shiroth.
Yep i am male, and still 100% gay for Paul.
Old 2008-12-23, 19:25   Link #370
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yep i am male, and still 100% gay for Paul.
See ... not really male at all

Uh new ep was released .... but I will watch it after I got some sleep.
Old 2008-12-23, 19:28   Link #371
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
See ... not really male at all
I won't take that as offensive, even though i should.
Old 2008-12-23, 21:54   Link #372
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Shiro doesnt count since he's moe

For me I always like it when guys regularly post in "girl-themed" anime (or just general shoujo) cuz its always fun to see their perspectives and as a contrast I like when girls post in male-shounen and or ecchi anime.

And dont worry about being gay for Paul since Ive already said, I have a crush on Ermine and totally 100% in love with Falce from MW
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 21:59   Link #373
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
For me I always like it when guys regularly post in "girl-themed" anime (or just general shoujo) cuz its always fun to see their perspectives and as a contrast I like when girls post in male-shounen and or ecchi anime.
I always respect guys who aren't afraid to watch "girly" series. If it has a good story then it shouldn't matter who the target audience is in my opinion.

Now as for myself I have to admit I stay away from most ecchi series although I accept fanservice if it's not the focus of the story (it seems to be a necessary evil when it comes to anime). But I do like a good shounen action series. I loved Gurren Lagann after all.

Also having girl crushes is totally acceptable too!
Old 2008-12-23, 22:10   Link #374
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
But I do like a good shounen action series. I loved Gurren Lagann after all.
And FMA of course Im with you, I love a good shounen action series though I do watch ecchi a bit Sekirei much but I usually have to like the story or in my case, I like Kagari but I do like the Sekirei plotline too.

Quote:
Also having girl crushes is totally acceptable too!
Amen!

Diversity in any thread is a good thing, getting everyone in on what they do and dont like about a series is what makes good discussion and yes there are a few of us who gush over how hot a particular character might be but really Im not as bad as I was in the Ghost Hunt thread discussion is what makes this fun, atleast for me.

Back on topic...Im wondering how this is all gonna be wrapped up in the next weeks since we're already upon epi 12. Ive stayed away from ShadowDreams novels trans since I think Im saving it til after the series is over so Im not spoiled as too what the anime might cut out.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 22:40   Link #375
Kirarakim

Quote:
Back on topic...Im wondering how this is all gonna be wrapped up in the next weeks since we're already upon epi 12. Ive stayed away from ShadowDreams novels trans since I think Im saving it til after the series is over so Im not spoiled as too what the anime might cut out.
I am sure they willl wrap up this current plotline and Edgar/Lydia will probably end on good terms but not exactly together. At least that's my guess.

Anyways I just watched episode 11 and Kelpie is awesome. I also loved Raven walking with Nico.
Old 2008-12-23, 22:51   Link #376
LKK

Quote:
Ive stayed away from ShadowDreams novels trans since I think Im saving it til after the series is over so Im not spoiled as too what the anime might cut out.
Shadow's translations & summaries aren't covering this particular storyline. You'd be safe to read her stuff without spoiling the arc's ending. However, do stay away from the Wikipedia article because there are spoilers as to how the arc ends in there. (Woe is me. I read it and spoiled myself. No one to blame but myself in this case.)

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 01:58   Link #377
rose-wisteria
~Cuteness is NOT a Crime~

Send a message via AIM to rose-wisteria Send a message via MSN to rose-wisteria Send a message via Yahoo to rose-wisteria
I laugh at my fellow blogger because he's a guy and he watches Hakushaku but I know that target audience doesn't mean much. It's perfectly fine for guys to watch shows targeted at girls and vice versa.

So far, I am enjoying this show. It makes for good entertainment value. I don't care about the execution of the plot since I'm watching this for guilty pleasures anyway and it does its job well.

The episode is pretty good. I love the preview between Lydia and Edgar.

Minnie's Blog- My thoughts, my stories.
Hey, Say, Anime!- My anime blog with a group of writers.
rose-wisteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 06:06   Link #378
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
You just had to say that, didn't you?

Quote:
Yeah i know what you mean, and i've been here before many times. I just have a very huge taste when it comes to genres.

Quote:
And dont worry about being gay for Paul since Ive already said, I have a crush on Ermine and totally 100% in love with Falce from MW
Don't worry i'd never worry about it. The fact that i'd run a mile if to him if he said let's get married is one very true statement.

As for how this show is gonna end, as long as we see a kiss between Ldyia and Edgar, then i'll be satisfied. Oh, that and Raven brushing Nico's tail.
Old 2008-12-24, 06:21   Link #379
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 11

Not really much to say about this episode that I haven't said about this show before. We're building towards a climax, with lots of suspense, etc, etc. It's still all fairly convoluted (not as bad as previous episodes), but straightforward in a style that has marked this entire show.

I will say one thing, though. That was a hell of a scream from the Banshee at the end of the episode. Seiyuu in anime can sometimes be a bit tepid or forced when they scream (Kugimiya Rie couldn't scream to save her life), but this felt genuine and you could really notice that sense of panic.

Next ep is the last one. It's been a somewhat enjoyable anime, but I still can't see what's going to save this series from forgettableness.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 08:28   Link #380
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
See, see, see oh damn my stomach hurts because of laughing

Tags
fantasy, shoujo