Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-09-19, 17:01   Link #21
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
what are irrational fears? D:

Sometimes when home alone and not seeing people pass by on the street or hearing any cars I get the idea that the world has ended or there's a zombie outbreak and I get too scared to leave the house. After seeing Dawn of the Dead I didn't leave it for 3 days

Other than that I get scared at the idea of things being thrown at me, I spasm reflex as if blocking, freak out and get on edge. This happens when anyone makes even the slightest gesture with any object or throws something softly to someone else (sucks when can't see everything with glasses, looking around the edge in these situations makes you think people/blurs might aim at you). I also avoid the outside when it snows..
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 13:51   Link #22
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

Spiders, cockroaches
Voldermort
Old 2009-09-20, 14:01   Link #23
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
I was walking down my stairs today and hit my head on the freaking ceiling.

My god, I'm growing!

That scared me.

I'm also scared of being homeless.
Old 2009-09-20, 14:18   Link #24
Neat Hedgehog
Hack of all trades

Breaking things or hurting other animals by accident. If whatever it is has given me a good reason to smash it into oblivion, I don't mind one little bit. But if I step on a bug or break a dish or something by accident, it'll bother me for a long time.

This usually makes people think I'm afraid of spiders and other creepy little creatures, since I'll usually jump back from them. I really just want to make sure I don't break them, though.

That's why I like things like mice and chipmunks. They're meaty enough that I can grab them with enough force to be fast enough to catch them, but I don't have to worry about hurting them when I do. (I can't help it, it's fun to catch things )
Neat Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 01:03   Link #25
Anisha93

Losing the ones you love.......
After the death of my beloved grandmother.....i fear that I'll someday lose my parents or family or someone really close to me......i am really scared about it(such negative thinking...)
Old 2009-09-21, 01:34   Link #26
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

Thanks to my very vivid imagination, and the fact that I believe in the supernatural, and theorizing about it every day, and the fact that my cousin can do low level magic, makes me fear of the dark. Really. But I think the first Alien movie caused it for the first place, after that it just worsened. What is strange, because twilight is my favorite part of the day.
Also I fear the Alien movies. What is strange because I find other horror movies hilarious.
Also I fear driving. The reasons are the same as above. I've been always saying, that I'll never drive a car until it's a flying one.
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 01:53   Link #27
xKeen

Afraid of not getting things done(Not much range xD),Like when I leave home for a short while,I will feel uneasy for little things like,not turning off lights,water heater,laptop chargers etc.
xKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 02:14   Link #28
Psycho 101
~Warrior Chef~

Send a message via MSN to Psycho 101 Send a message via Yahoo to Psycho 101
I'm a big guy. Like Shrek, or a wookie for example lol. Big burly hairy Scotsman/Irishman. Yet I move and run and whine like a little girl around bugs. Specifically flying bugs. Horseflies, hornets, dragonflies, or almost anything that can fly or jump really far/high/at you just creeps me out. Of course being swarmed by horseflies as a child gave me a nice traumatic moment. But still, I often feel like a big pansy running from flying bugs when I could obliterate them.
Old 2009-09-22, 03:42   Link #29
Takusan
Look to the future!

People laugh at this all the time.

I'm scared of falling asleep... :x

We avoid risk in life, so we can make it safely to death..??
My blog about random things and such.
Takusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 04:12   Link #30
Chami-sensei
Terminally tired

Bugs creep me out though I was once terrified of moths but I've mostly gotten over that one.

When I was younger I had trouble sleeping at night because I was scared someone was going to or already robbing the house. It didn't help that the walls are thin so I always heard next door and everything creaked for no reason in my house.
Old 2009-09-22, 05:00   Link #31
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Yuri being made illegal and conservatives getting their way around the government. The former is probably the biggest nightmare to all mankind.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 21:42   Link #32
P99

Bugs and spiders scare the hell out of me. I dont know why but i guess its because they are creepy I am also scared of failing huge tests.
Old 2009-09-22, 22:39   Link #33
Cipher

Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide...breathing is really hard...
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 18:00   Link #34
stubby42

People call it an irrational fear but I dont think it is, I'm scared of needles, I dont want anything going in my body thats not meant to be there.
stubby42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 01:33   Link #35
Clarste
Human

I'm afraid of bugs crawling on me, especially ants because where there's one there's many. I don't mind bugs in general, and I'm not afraid of getting bitten or anything because where I live they're generally too small to bite, I just don't like the idea that something can be crawling on me without me noticing. To this end, I brutally kill spiders and ants who end up near me. Standing on top of or stepping on an ant trail is actually a recurring nightmare of mine. I don't mind flying insects very much because they don't crawl. Incidentally, I have a habit of crushing ants between my fingers. They don't bleed or anything, so it doesn't feel too disgusting, but when I did it in class one day the girl next to me looked at me like I was crazy, and upon consideration it sort of is.

Another irrational fear I have is hitting my head in the dark. This is irrational because I'm much more likely to stub my toe in the dark, yet I feel around for obstacles at head level instead. I can actually trace this fear though. When I was a kid, I went to a summer camp where we were doing a trust exercise where someone would lead another blindfolded person around. The person who was leading me was too confident/careless and ran me straight into a pillar at full speed. So... yeah. I think I probably have trust issues now too.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 08:25   Link #36
Xrayz0r
Banned

Is there such a thing as rational fear?
Xrayz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 08:29   Link #37
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayz0r View Post
I think so...The tendency of humans having *norm-understood* fear is rationally sound. Fear is rational...though its logic is debatable. "Impulses" help with quick solutions but they tend to lack quality---so it depends on the situation.

Last edited by Cipher; 2009-09-25 at 08:42.
Old 2009-09-25, 15:51   Link #38
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayz0r View Post
Well, the "Irrational" thing being discussed here is not the object of the fear itself but rather the reaction it triggers in some people.

A lot of people are afraid of spiders and with good reason, they all bite and some are poisonous enough to kill a person; And unless you are an expert when it comes to handling them, it is simply a natural reaction to fear and stay clear of them. (though, some people actually like them as pets )

And that's where the irrational bit kick in for some.....

Nothing wrong (or strange) with fearing spiders, yet, if you start to imagine that they are everywhere around and you start to confuse other objects with spiders, then you may have an irrational fear toward them.
Old 2009-09-25, 16:35   Link #39
JRendell
Manga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide...breathing is really hard...
C + 02 = C02

Lol Can understand the fear though.

On a side note,

Im scared of having my finger nails ripped off, or falling off. Anybody seen the movie District 9 yet? If you have, then you probably know what im talking about.
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 21:17   Link #40
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRendell View Post
C + 02 = C02

Lol Can understand the fear though.
If you *can* understand it, does that make it rational?

Quote:
On a side note,

Im scared of having my finger nails ripped off, or falling off. Anybody seen the movie District 9 yet? If you have, then you probably know what im talking about.
Isn't that rational?

(I'm really confused )