Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-08-01, 16:31   Link #21
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
As a Banjo-Kazooie fan, let me advise you that any life sign is, in fact, not always a good thing.
Any life sign is better than no life sign.
Old 2013-08-01, 16:31   Link #22
Freeter
beyond

They should announce SF5 on tablets next just to maximize the rage. At least they'll have the budget for it
Old 2013-08-01, 16:45   Link #23
Nayim

It seem Capcom wanted to kill the franchise for real. Let face it, they're lazy.
Old 2013-08-01, 16:54   Link #24
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
*points to Nuts & Bolts*
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 17:53   Link #25
defki

Quote:
No it's not. Not when it ends up as cheap, social touch garbage that looks nothing like BoF. If this is the future of the franchise than I prefer it to be dead and buried. And if this crap succeeds they will continue doing it like this. They will not do a console BoF. Their new strategy is more presence in the mobile, social, browser space. That's why they announced so many social/online/mobage garbage games today.

The fact that it's a fucking numbered title is proof of how much they care. This is the company that doesn't give a shit about their fanbase. Just ask the Mega Man, the Onimusha and the DMC fans.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 18:29   Link #26
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
No it's not. Not when it ends up as cheap, social touch garbage that looks nothing like BoF. If this is the future of the franchise than I prefer it to be dead and buried. And if this crap succeeds they will continue doing it like this. They will not do a console BoF. Their new strategy is more presence in the mobile, social, browser space. That's why they announced so many social/online/mobage garbage games today.

The fact that it's a fucking numbered title is proof of how much they care. This is the company that doesn't give a shit about their fanbase. Just ask the Mega Man, the Onimusha and the DMC fans.
BoF: Why don't you just kill me, Capcom?!
Capcom You have to suffer more. Once your fanbase burns to ashes, you have my permission to die.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 18:38   Link #27
The Green One

No series lasts forever. Unless your name happens to be Final Fantasy. Where your fantasy can never truly be final.

No matter how much you want it to be...
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 20:23   Link #28
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

In some other related news

Breath of Fire II is coming to Wii U Virtual Console

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 23:30   Link #29
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Being brain dead must be better than just dead for real .

It's like they take a completely different game and then just slap a name BoF on it, hoping their fan will come and take the bait. At this rate even if the franchise got revived, there will be no trace of it left to be recognized.

It's already a small franchise, and by doing this, do you really think most of the old fans will take the news positively? There won't be many new fans, and the old one are being alienated.
Old 2013-08-02, 00:51   Link #30
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Now I know how Cray must have felt once he saw Elina.
Old 2013-08-02, 00:56   Link #31
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Stop being so freakin' negative and look at the bigger picture, guys. There is no chance they would bring out a big retail console release of a minor series that has been dead for ten years. If this thing is succesful, they just might, though. There is no way for you to know what the franchise will be like in the future. Just because they do this one browser game, does not mean that's all BoF is ever going to be from now on. Plus, you don't know what the browser game is going to be like in the first place. I'm sorry, but you're just acting like a bunch of butthurt spoiled children. I do think most fans should take the news positively, because, like I said, any life sign is better than none. We're talking about a chance of reviving the series versus oblivion for good.
Old 2013-08-02, 01:11   Link #32
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Except, that is never really how it goes. Just look at DmC, as an example. The original series prided itself on its harsh, unrelenting difficulty, and it was revived in a manner that went against that.

All they want to do is revive dead franchises and slap their titles on shoddy half-assed mobages with little effort, in an attempt to cash in on the stupidity of the "fans" still hoping against hope. Why even label it as a mainline title? Casual users in the mobage market don't give a flying hoot as to which iteration of the series it is, nor do they care about the previous 5 titles - all they want is something simple but mindlessly fun, and touch RPGs are not that. As for the "fans", why even bother calling it a mainline title? There is no Ryu, there is no Nina, the art is horribly generic, everyone can become a dragon, and it's an online MMO - which is completely antithesis to what BoF has been all along.

They're only using the franchise as an excuse to finally kill off something that people have been waiting for all this time. If it makes money, more excuse for Capcom to churn out shoddy shit and just slap some franchise title on it. After all, why expend more effort to create something, when you can just as easily shit something out and it'll still reel in cash? And if it doesn't make money? "Obviously people don't want it, so we're going to axe it".

It's not like Capcom's ever given a shit about their customers, going by their logic behind their recent decision making over the past few years. They're not going to go out of their way to magically gift every BoF fan with a true BoF title after all this time; just ask every Megaman fan out there. The betrayal runs deep, and if we're just acting like butthurt spoiled children, all you have to do is look at Capcom's recent trends to figure out why.
Old 2013-08-02, 01:35   Link #33
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Devil May Cry has never been dead and it still isn't. DMC4 came out in 2008, then there was Dante's part in MvC3 and the collection. The new one feels a lot different, but Capcom is even handling it as two different franchises now: DMC and Devil May Cry. That's not to say that I liked the decision Capcom made for the new Devil May Cry. It was utter horse sh*t, but it was a different situation than the one with BoF now. It was a bad and unrealistic idea from the get go. This right now however is an understandable business decision. If you think you know the company well enough to justify your lamenting of BoF's supposed definite demise, then I guess it's your opinion versus mine. I am looking forward to the franchise's future, with or without you.
Old 2013-08-02, 01:50   Link #34
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

First Megaman now BOF is reduced to an android/iOS game....

Speaking of the reboot DmC....crapcom
Old 2013-08-02, 08:20   Link #35
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

While most mobile games are crap, I personally loved the Chaos Rings franchise (I also liked old school FF: Dimensions and All the Bravest). Hopefully they make BoF6 as good as that series, rather than the 95% crap (at least to hardcore gamers) that is the IOS/Android marketplace.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 08:49   Link #36
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
While most mobile games are crap, I personally loved the Chaos Rings franchise (I also liked old school FF: Dimensions and All the Bravest). Hopefully they make BoF6 as good as that series, rather than the 95% crap (at least to hardcore gamers) that is the IOS/Android marketplace.
Isn't BoF6 a browser game on PC? Unless their plans for iOS/Android and PC are different I'm not sure about what you wish will happen.
Old 2013-08-02, 16:27   Link #37
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Isn't BoF6 a browser game on PC? Unless their plans for iOS/Android and PC are different I'm not sure about what you wish will happen.
I thought people hated it because it was also for mobile? I mean, I thought Runescape has proven that browser based games can actually be good. :shrug:

Basically what I'm trying to say is I'm not going to judge the game before it has even come out. Sure it has a good chance of being crap, but I'm not going to make that decision before I even have played the game.

Old 2013-08-06, 11:50   Link #38
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
That would've been fine....

I could've cared less if they called it BoF: Online, or whatever. I'm all but accepted the fact that many franchises may never come back, or only survive via low-budget spin-offs.

But don't fucking make it a 'numbered' title. All they're doing is disgracing the series.
You tell me. I already give up hope of getting a new numbered gensou suikoden title, and now BOF too T_T. BOF is dead after 3 for me(weren't too impressed with the PS2 title) ><
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 07:37   Link #39
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
BOF is dead after 3 for me(weren't too impressed with the PS2 title) ><
What about Breath of Fire IV (PSX)?
Old 2013-08-07, 08:44   Link #40
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Yeah, no one seems to remember BoF4 (which IMO is the best entry to the series, and that's saying something considering what they did to a certain osananajimi coupling...). Like I remember when FFX came out and my friends were raving how cool it was to switch party members in battle without penalty, when the original BoF had it (which I can understand they don't know about it since it was pretty old) and BoF4 pretty much streamlined it (which was confusing as it was released only a year earlier).