Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-07-20, 23:46   Link #4101
mecheye
ph34r m3

Send a message via AIM to mecheye
Hey!

I've been coming here for a while, surfing the image threads and what-not. And apparently i already have a user name for this site from a while back i think, so i might as well use it.

As you might assume, i love anime, manga, etc. I don't think i have to go into much detail considering thats what were here for

So far i love Kanon and Haruhi. Outside of the most recent ones i'm also a big fan of Sailor Moon, Tenchi, and...uhh...that one show...i cant remember its name at the moment. Oh well.

I'll be here off and on, lurking around and tossing in my 2 cents when i can.
mecheye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 00:17   Link #4102
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Welcome to AnimeSuki =]

Dont forget the RULEZ
Old 2007-07-21, 01:37   Link #4103
wpnsiu86

Hello! I'm new here! Hoping to have some great discussions with everybody here!
wpnsiu86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 03:22   Link #4104
Butterfly Princess

Hey, I'm also new. I don't know what to say except I love anime and manga and I love discussing it. I have alot of favorites but a few are Sailor Moon, Ouran High School Host Club, Mai HiME, Mai Otome, Tsubasa Chronicle and lots more.
Butterfly Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 08:46   Link #4105
blacklist

Heyy guys, another lurker registering =o

Got into anime 2 years ago and I've watched quite a few series since then. I read some manga except the black and white bores me, even if the stories get you hooked D=

Hope to enjoy the company here =)
blacklist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 18:51   Link #4106
pablo212
Founder/Lead of Flomp

Send a message via MSN to pablo212
Hey people, name is pablo212

lol Anime hmm lets see 6 yrs ago got into it 3 weeks afterwards I got into subbing it and left it all about a year ago for work (stupid Nissan) and then I return and am leader of Flomp and currently workin like a psycho!

ANYWAYS, I got shows to do so I will post more later.

pablo212.
pablo212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 19:25   Link #4107
jackesonic
X.A.N.A.'s slave!

Hi,I'm new..ehr.. o_o
jackesonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 10:44   Link #4108
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Welcome

If you have any question, feel free to ask after you Google.

Signature-Rules Summary:
  • 500 x 160 px is the maximum (no text allowed)
  • 500 x 120 px is the maximum if you wish to add text. (2 lines MAX) (text must not be larger then size 2 )
    All signatures must not be larger then 50 000 bytes as in 50kb not 50Kb (or kib)
    Read: The Signature Size Mistake. to find out what's the diffrence is between 50kb and 50Kb.

Warning! Photobucket.com is known to increase the filesize of your images. Beware

Spoiler for More:
Old 2007-07-22, 15:42   Link #4109
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Watch out for Cats, he does strange things. ^_^

And Welcome

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 18:04   Link #4110
Raiku

salve everyone
Raiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 09:48   Link #4111
Finalsun

Konnichiwa everybody!

Im new! Well thats why im posting ne.
Im a boy and 14 years old.
I live in the Netherlands (please bear with my english).
Im learning Japanese for over one year now, and I like anime very much.
My favorite anime is Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.

I hope to post much!
Finalsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 11:45   Link #4112
EphiamOricuna
Serpeant Of Lore

Hello everyone. I'm new here (as is the obvious) though I am not new to forums in general. I belong to plenty other, using the same general username (having Ephiam, Lavata, or Zeromatrious in the title). I found this place quite interesting so I decided to join. Hope I made the right decision.
EphiamOricuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 19:24   Link #4113
joeschmoe
What the gay?.......

wassup everybody?
im new i guess, just havent been here in a while
completely forgot my old account so yea.....
joeschmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 19:34   Link #4114
GaiSensei
Is over nine thousaaand!!
*Graphic Designer

Sweet! So I'm not the only Loli-lover? xD

Nice to meet everyone! Brand new over here =-x
GaiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 19:36   Link #4115
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Watch out for Cats, he does strange things. ^_^

And Welcome
Yep, like being a nice and giving out welcome cookies so beware

Welcome guys =]
Old 2007-07-24, 09:17   Link #4116
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Please read the Rules and Faq.

If you're too lazy to read them here is a simple guide.
The Basic 3 Guidelines.
  1. Who are the rules for?
    A. Everyone who posts on the forum, moderators included.

If you wish to help the moderators you can use the report button. ()
    Alternatively you can PM a moderator who is online at the time and express your urgent! problem needing fixing.

2. Can I use signatures?
    A. Only if it's at most 50,000 bytes (~ 48.8 kb) and 500 x 160 px in size. See sig-rules for more info...

3. Can I start a thread?
    A. Only if...
    • a similar topic, or a topic that could contain yours, doesn't exist already.

• your thread would have a meaningful open topic to which other people may participate by posting more then 1-line replies.

• the thread's poll (presuming you have one) isn't the topics only mover.
      Try to avoid creating a poll, best to ask a moderator before creating one if your really need one.
      Know that a poll can be be added to a thread at any time.
    Note! -- On This forum Necromancy/Necro-Posting as in the act of posting in old threads is not only allowed, it's recommended.
To-Know-List
  • 'Otaku' ?! -- on this forum the meaning is that of "anime fan/geek" (in literal form) not of "obsessed and retarded anime/manga/hentai maniac exhibiting behaviour similar to NEETs and Hikimori". So please do not take offence to loose use of the meaning here. Similarly for the term 'loli', were it's meaning herein is "young girl under 9" or undeveloped or alternatively girl that looks like the just mentioned.
    For more detail on the Otaku term see wiki.
  • The J-word -- Do not ever use "Jap" as short for Japanese or Japan, it is racist and insulting, obviously. Just use j-music et cetera if you really don't want to write the full word.

• Not so kawaii -- Try to avoid using japanese in your posts unless your actually going to write a full sentence consisting of only japanese. In most cases they just make you look stupid, and in others, like for example a guy using kawaii, they can make you look totally retarded.

• What the f**k is WTF ! -- WTF is short for What the f**k, other popular ones include OMG (Oh My God!) IMO (In My Opinion). You can find more by Google-ing.
    Here's a Hint. Use Urban and Dictionary as keywords
  • Formating?! -- You may use Vb BB code to emphasize points in your post.
    Examples:
    [b] Bold [/b], [i] Italic [/i], [u] Underline [/u],
    [s] Deleted/Strikethrough [/s], [sup] Superscript [/sup]

For some of the simple ones you can use shortcuts.
    Example: Ctrl+B for bold, Ctrl+U for Underline
    Catgirls knows more...

• The Pretty Post -- Please do not use format options to overly glorify your post. For example overwriting forum font/color defaults for your entire post. While they are "cute" they make your posts hard to read and annoying to read, and to top that, makes your writing seem shallow and unimaginative.

Font & color setting as well as other format settings are to be used to emphasize certain words or phrases or for clear definition of context in certain cases. Emphasizing the entire post would defeat the purpose wouldn't it?!

If you wish to be smart about formatting, try using proper typography and structure.
    Things like a heading, subheading, em/en dash, proper use of punctuation et cetera.
    With regard to typography, you might be interested to know...

Text related standards are non-existent on the web. To be more precise typography is being butchered to no end.
    Truth be told there is Not a browser out there that renders them properly, even if you were to write the proper characters.

Also, W3C's standards & concerns on text/type are wordy of pity.
  • Light is a heavy burden -- Do not use light color. For example do not use Red, use DarkRed.
    Remember not everyone has perfect eyesight.
    That said, some may be browsing with a tired eyes.
    Please be considerate. ^__^
  • The Great Wall Of Post -- Please, for god sake, Use Paragraphs!!! Writing all your ideas in one HUGE block of text is BAD!

A paragraph is block of text around 4 lines tall (relatively) depicting one precise idea.
    (idea should not to be confused with point of view)

Writing your post as one big blob of text just shows that: YOU Have No Fu*in' Idea What You Are Writing!

• Hello Mr. Emo -- Emoticons are used in posts to show emotions were such emotions are not apparent and would take a extensive boring writeup to express.

Abusing them makes you look freaky.
    Think! are you a emotionally impaired nut case!

• Click Me! -- You can paste the hyperlink inside the post. You can add the hyperlink to a certain keyword, but whatever you do please do NOt use the Click Me! garbage.
    1) We are not a idiot society we know how to use our browsers!
    You are not any smarter by using this ancient early-internet habit.
    2) Some of us do not click. For me for example it would have to be Tap. Get the point? It's device dependent.
    3) It is ambiguous and pointless. Why should I click something that probably just links to some disgusting image or dirty site.
    et cetera

Say NO to Click Me!/Click Here!
    Even if it's funny when anti-discrimination organizations use it on their sites.
  • Subscription -- Subscriptions are a very sweet little system of keeping track of threads. The forum is kind of big so most likely you its too much of a bother to browse back and forth on every forum.

Subscriptions work like this. You subscribe to a thread either manually via the Forum/Thread tool sets or automatically as you post in the individual threads. The option for the later is set by default to off and can be changed in options. My recommendation is to set this option, Default Thread Subscription Mode, to the value of No email notification.

When you are subscribed to threads should they receive new posts you will see then listed in your cp; the threads that is.

• Read Markers -- The forum has enabled read markers, so it will remember the last post you've read for each thread you visit!

The system works like this. When you're browsing a thread the forum marks the last post of the page you're visiting as read, and uses that to calculate the read marking for the rest. Now, when you come back to the thread you can jump to that particular last post.
    You can tell read posts from unread ones by the grey/white icons on the top left.
    There is only one mistake you can make with read markers, and that is to use the Last Post link when accessing the thread. This will reset the marker to the last page. So remember, if you want to make use of read markers you have to click the thread's icon when on the thread index page or it's name when on the forums's main index page.

• Short How-Tos

Last edited by felix; 2007-07-24 at 15:05. Reason: Minor Fixing
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 20:34   Link #4117
GunBladeKid09
~Falling~

Send a message via MSN to GunBladeKid09
Yo, I'm GunBladeKid09, my real name is Michael I'm a 16 year old Junior in HighSchool. I like Anime (Duh), photoshop, and reading manga. Uhh lets see, I live in Texas (Surprise surprise?). My Income sucks but meh, what's a guy to do when he gets minimum wage? I guess that's it.

~GBK.
GunBladeKid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 23:20   Link #4118
Unclouded

Send a message via AIM to Unclouded
hello everyone, i must admit i'm new (sob) but really looking forward to browsing around and seeing what yall have to say about anime =p which i love!
Old 2007-07-25, 08:31   Link #4119
Shinosan

Hi, I´m new here, but i always read in this forum since 2004 or somethin^^. So i decided to join. Looking forward to duscussing various topics with you guys.

edit: forgot to mention that my english sucks since i live in germany. I hope that doesn´t matter^^

Last edited by Shinosan; 2007-07-25 at 08:44.
Shinosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 13:08   Link #4120
kaisabi
The Angel of Death

hi im kinda new im looking forward to posting quite a bit and also future topics

Last edited by kaisabi; 2007-10-07 at 04:04. Reason: bad spelling <.< just noticed >.>
kaisabi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
introduction, new members