AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-07-04, 21:07   Link #4361
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Zongetsu.

It never says, anywhere, that Lelouch came back to life.

It does say, in several places, that Lelouch died.

Hence, though your theory has several reasons for being a possibility, it is nothing more than that. Just a possibility. Canonically, honestly canonically, the only logical answer is that he's dead. Anything else is just guesswork and imaginings.

You can have all the reasoning you want, but the fact remains --- you have no honest solid proof that your theory is correct at all. Just deductions and reasonings that are based mostly around things that we have not enough concrete evidence of to use as proof. Who says that the Code doesn't appear until after he dies? Where does it ever mention or indicate that? Who says that you can just forcibly give a Code to someone --- who says that CC wasn't tricked into accepting? How can we know that there isn't some sort of special ritual to hand over the Code?

We don't know enough about the Code to prove that your theory is correct. Nor do we really have enough to prove conclusively that it isn't correct. The only thing we have is the creators' word that he is dead. Which follows, logically, that he is dead in canon. There is no reason that you can't still think he came back to life in your personal fanon, but in actual canon canonity? There is no proof for your theory being correct.
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 21:35   Link #4362
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zongetsu View Post
So are you telling me that their cells regenerate so fast that it practically gives them an immortal impenetrable body? That is not the type of immortality it gives them. It merely is eternal life.

For instance, CC got shot in the head, she bled. That alone proves that her cells did not regenerate fast enough to allow her not to die.

And then, how did CC get out of the ocean after being crushed by hundreds of thousands of pounds of water pressure? Thats right, not dying sure.

They can die, but their existance is forever. They will be brought back. Haha not dying while having no head...theyre dead, they just grow a new one and live.

And please do find the part showing nunnally's super power and lets not hope its geass-net.
You're twisting the meaning of death. People can be severely injured without being dead. There's also a distinction between types of death: clinical vs brain death, for example. C.C. can be shot in the head and be considered clinically dead without brain death, an important distinction. Same with the crushing water. Her cells are still active a functioning to replace damaged tissue, so she is never dead in the truest sense of the word. Lelouch is dead, which they explicitly state multiple times. You're just in a permanent state of denial.

I'm not digging through the thread to satisfy your denial. Think what you will about the scene, the staff trumps your conjecture.

Quote:
Actually you should give up. I can state everything about anything from code geass and give a plausable reason while you on the other hand cant. When something does not go accordingly you just point to "word of god". Well i can "word of god" myself.
Then show me "Word of God" stating he's alive. I'm waiting.

Quote:
It gets pretty difficult no? not to mention the constant repeating of useless facts. Take for example Bladeofdarkness. THat kid constantly says the guidebook says lelouch is dead, like 5 times. Well it doesnt say super nunnally can read minds. Does it?
It probably does, since it covers virtually everything else.

Quote:
So, how the hell did the final scene happen? Ask yourself the question and please do not answer "of course she is reading his mind, she did it in ep 15 with ms. roymeyer!"
I can throw out any number of reasons, and they do not need to have Lelouch alive in any of them. You exclude the mundane and focus on the fantastic because you have nothing else.

Quote:
As for the reason why lelouch had to be listed dead in the magazine. The answer is simple. We all saw his death but we saw no hardcore evidence of his survival. Only the theory. However suzaku was not listed dead even though he was. The reason was because we saw his face in the final episode. That is what made him live.

But, why would even the official website still list lelouch as alive? Crazy isnt it? And dont be like other people and tell me that geass.jp is not the official website. LMFAO can you believe that people actually told me it wasnt because it was powered by BIOGLOBE?
I told you that, as others have. No, geass.jp is not official. Half of the crap on it hasn't even been updated past Turn 18, and the correlation chart which you cling to wasn't updated after Turn 24. See? Grasping at straws.

Quote:
Hell yes, proves only how much they know

Bladeofdarkness if you want to fight official material please fight the OFFICIAL website which is still being update which STILL shows lelouch alive. Please debate that.

It would make sense to change that. But i guess its not canon enough to.
I've already defeated this. Give it up. You're grasping at straws, easily defeated ones at that. Nunnally seeing his memories is about the only plausible position from which you could have argued, and even that's been shot down by the staff. It's over, he's dead. He's not off living the sweet life with C.C. like you want.
Old 2009-07-04, 22:42   Link #4363
zongetsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbofist
Nunnally seeing his memories is about the only plausible position from which you could have argued, and even that's been shot down by the staff.
Please shoot yourself in the foot by saying that nunnally didnt see memories. It is virtually the only string you hold onto yet you defeated it yourself.

If that was shot down please show me the reasoning behind Nunnally seeing lelouch's memories. The only other plausable solution was him activating his code and in that state allowing her to pier into his mind. As shown when the code is in a "high state of energy" you know glowing, anyone who touchs the person is allowed to pier into their mind, just as Lelouch did to CC in ep 11.

Quote:
You're twisting the meaning of death. People can be severely injured without being dead. There's also a distinction between types of death: clinical vs brain death, for example. C.C. can be shot in the head and be considered clinically dead without brain death, an important distinction. Same with the crushing water. Her cells are still active a functioning to replace damaged tissue, so she is never dead in the truest sense of the word. Lelouch is dead, which they explicitly state multiple times. You're just in a permanent state of denial.
Wow how creative can you get. If CC got her head cut off im pretty sure she is brain dead and clinically dead. SHe is still human and to function the brain must be able to send signals to the rest of the body. I would love to see her walk around headless, sure thats gonna happen.

Quote:
Then show me "Word of God" stating he's alive. I'm waiting.
wow, the official website duh. And please if you can point me to your official website, perhaps it is the sunrise site ? or even better the american site? Would that not be enough proof?

And did you ever believe the word of god warren report? Sure Harvely Lee Oswald shot JFK. Shoot like 4 shots in 6 seconds. Yep, only he could do it.

[quote=morbofistIt probably does, since it covers virtually everything else.[/quote]

Not nunnally, and then the fact that lelouch never once desired CC. Complete BS. Watch R2 ep 24, even that was desire.

Quote:
I can throw out any number of reasons, and they do not need to have Lelouch alive in any of them. You exclude the mundane and focus on the fantastic because you have nothing else.
please throw out your reasons

Quote:
I told you that, as others have. No, geass.jp is not official. Half of the crap on it hasn't even been updated past Turn 18, and the correlation chart which you cling to wasn't updated after Turn 24. See? Grasping at straws.
That wasnt the question. The question is why wont they update the "canon" info. They virtually update everything else. If it is so important why not change it? And "they want to troll" or "promo" is not a reasonable answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdevil_crow
Who says that the Code doesn't appear until after he dies? Where does it ever mention or indicate that? Who says that you can just forcibly give a Code to someone --- who says that CC wasn't tricked into accepting? How can we know that there isn't some sort of special ritual to hand over the Code?
THe answer is simple, just look at the series of events and what occured. For instance, the code issue.

Charles obviously did not have the code active as he was able to get geassed by lelouch. After he was brought back, he was invulnerable to geass and he just happened to say and show that he had obtained another power in exchange for geass at the same time.

The geass insigna is the "proof" that you are a code bearer. HOwever we do not know anything beyond that. BUt added to the indication above you can easily deduce that the insigna is not present if the code has not been activated.

THen being forced is easily shown by the nun and CC's relation ship. "sorry youve been fooled!" *CC shocked face* and in the end she ended up with a big scar to remind her of her past. We know that she got that scar before she recieved the code because the code regenerates you to your original state in which it manifested your body. Hence why your appearence never changes. Hence why she always reaches for the scar when she thinks of the past, think ep 11. Watch it.

you go too far into detail

Now answer me snowdevil, how can you possibly believe the creator if everything he made was not correct. If it does not fit how can you get an answer. Even morbofist denied one of the most important indicators of him being alive or dead. Nunnally cant see memories. Even the staff said so. So then WTF with the flash back? How did she know? Epic indeed.

That is where you get somewhere to argue.
zongetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 23:12   Link #4364
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Please shoot yourself in the foot by saying that nunnally didnt see memories. It is virtually the only string you hold onto yet you defeated it yourself.

If that was shot down please show me the reasoning behind Nunnally seeing lelouch's memories. The only other plausable solution was him activating his code and in that state allowing her to pier into his mind. As shown when the code is in a "high state of energy" you know glowing, anyone who touchs the person is allowed to pier into their mind, just as Lelouch did to CC in ep 11.
You misinterpret my statement. I did not say she didn't see the memories. I said they shot down your theory about why. There is no good reasoning, and even the staff acknowledges it. She just does. It isn't because Lelouch has a Code.

Quote:
Wow how creative can you get. If CC got her head cut off im pretty sure she is brain dead and clinically dead. SHe is still human and to function the brain must be able to send signals to the rest of the body. I would love to see her walk around headless, sure thats gonna happen.
Or the head could survive and grow a new body. See, one line and your argument means nothing.

Quote:
wow, the official website duh. And please if you can point me to your official website, perhaps it is the sunrise site ? or even better the american site? Would that not be enough proof?

And did you ever believe the word of god warren report? Sure Harvely Lee Oswald shot JFK. Shoot like 4 shots in 6 seconds. Yep, only he could do it.
Please don't tell me you're likening that lame conspiracy to a television show. I've already disproven your official website, so try again.

Quote:
Not nunnally, and then the fact that lelouch never once desired CC. Complete BS. Watch R2 ep 24, even that was desire.
That was what you want it to be, not what it was.

Quote:
please throw out your reasons
Ok.

* It's symbolism. She doesn't see his memories so much as she senses his intentions, similar to how she saw through Lomeyer.

Quote:
That wasnt the question. The question is why wont they update the "canon" info. They virtually update everything else. If it is so important why not change it? And "they want to troll" or "promo" is not a reasonable answer.
How about just because they're lazy? Damocles isn't there, yet it's a damn big plot point and the Ikargua is up. Half of the characters are one-line descriptions, Anya is still listed as a KoR when obviously she isn't anymore (if the sheet were as canon as you erroneously claim, wouldn't they have fixed that?), Nunnally and Sayoko still have the "survived" listing under their names from several Turns previous... I can go on and on. Again, you're just grasping at straws. You ignore everything that doesn't fit your narrow-minded interpretation and hype the most insignificant tidbits in a desperate attempt to avoid facing the truth. He's dead.

Quote:
THe answer is simple, just look at the series of events and what occured. For instance, the code issue.

Charles obviously did not have the code active as he was able to get geassed by lelouch. After he was brought back, he was invulnerable to geass and he just happened to say and show that he had obtained another power in exchange for geass at the same time.
Did it ever occur to you that he was just having a laugh at Lelouch's expense? Every time Lelouch uses his Geass (barring that one instance in Turn 7), there's the mind reconfiguring scene. It doesn't happen to Charles. Your interpretation is not absolute, and it boils down to your opinion every time. We have facts.

Quote:
The geass insigna is the "proof" that you are a code bearer. HOwever we do not know anything beyond that. BUt added to the indication above you can easily deduce that the insigna is not present if the code has not been activated.
He wears gloves, you've proven nothing.

Quote:
THen being forced is easily shown by the nun and CC's relation ship. "sorry youve been fooled!" *CC shocked face* and in the end she ended up with a big scar to remind her of her past. We know that she got that scar before she recieved the code because the code regenerates you to your original state in which it manifested your body. Hence why your appearence never changes. Hence why she always reaches for the scar when she thinks of the past, think ep 11. Watch it.
meaningless. Without context we do not know how the nun forced it on her. For all we know she mortally wounded her then tempted her with life through the Code. People do crazy shit if they think they're going to die.

Quote:
Now answer me snowdevil, how can you possibly believe the creator if everything he made was not correct. If it does not fit how can you get an answer. Even morbofist denied one of the most important indicators of him being alive or dead. Nunnally cant see memories. Even the staff said so. So then WTF with the flash back? How did she know? Epic indeed.
Grasping at straws, nothing more.
Old 2009-07-04, 23:21   Link #4365
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglei3 View Post
Why? They do it all the time.
Times like these, and especially Gundam SEED Destiny makes me miss Kill 'em All Tomino. -.-'

Too many people in CG who died did not stay dead.

JEREMIAH MOTHERFUCKING GOTTWALD. He is too LOYAL to die. But I can forgive that because he's just so damn awesome.

Mao not dying in Clovisland was fail.

Ougi and Viletta surviving the cliff fall was fail.

Nunnally surviving the FLEIA was fail. The scene should never have called for her to "die," honestly.

Cornelia coming back after getting shot in the back with a machine gun turret was fail.

Let's not even get into Suzaku's ridiculously implausible plot armor...
Old 2009-07-04, 23:35   Link #4366
Betteroffer

And Guilford. He survived a FLEIJA and he doesn't even warrant plot armor.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 00:29   Link #4367
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Quote:

How do we know that he indeed died? How do we know that Lelouch's Geass actually worked on him? Where is the proof that he was taken in by Lelouch's Geass and was actually forced to shoot himself and died, as opposed to him just being a dick and screwing with Lelouch's mind?

Lelouch's Geass was never shown as going into his mind and shifting things around like it does for everyone else. It never shows him having red eyes.

Thus, there is good reason to assume that he was just fooling around with Lelouch, instead of theorizing that he must have been taken in by the Geass, been killed, and returned to life.

Quote:
I'm sorry? How does this prove that the insignia is not present unless the Code is activated? Where do you find proof for this as being canon fact?

Quote:
I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're trying to say here. Are you agreeing with me? Yes, CC could have been tricked into participating in some sort of ritual to take the Code? Yes, there is more to passing on the Code than just touching one’s bare skin (after all, if that was all that was required, she would have given it to Mao a long time ago)?

Or, heck, what Morbos said. That's a perfectly valid explanation too.

Quote:
you go too far into detail

That is where you get somewhere to argue.
How does Nunnally know when Ms. Romeyer or Suzaku are lying or telling the truth? Who knows? Not because they have Codes, certainly. Just because they showed it in a flashback sequence to show that she understood Lelouch’s true nature, it doesn’t mean she literally saw it. Kallen was not literally looking at what happened in the cave when she thought back to it in Turn 2. Lelouch was not literally seeing CC’s memories of Mao when she described her past to him. It is a story-telling technique that does not have to be taken literally.

What you have: Theories based on extrapolation of possible clues, which may or may not be correct.

What we have: Other, obvious explanations of what happened and the creators’ backing.

Sorry. You can keep it in your headcanon, but please don’t try to claim that it is canon-canon.
Old 2009-07-05, 09:49   Link #4368
darryllamperouge

I think lelouch's idea is

I know what im writing is silly but this come out from my mind.

For few circumstances, his idea is often like gorbachev's^^. The Idea of Paradox which means seems to be contradictory but its the same. Same as Lelouch and Suzaku, Lelouch wants to change the world through violence. He wants to destroy the holy empire of britannia. What Suzaku thinks is, he can change Britannia from the inside by joining the millitary. Lelouch also uses a double-meaning word. For example, after Emperor Charles died, he proclaimed to the world that he is the new emperor of britannia and he said that he want to conquer the world (zero requiem) but his true objective is he want to concentrate the anger of the citizens in the whole world to him. And Suzaku used zero's existence to kill emperor lelouch.

Bang!!Lelouch is victorious. The world is peaceful now..

haha
watta silly article i wrote^^
darryllamperouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 11:43   Link #4369
zongetsu

The first thing i like to point out is how you repeat the exact same thing i ask you right back to me without even answering the question. Then im all of a sudden grasping for straws?

Quote:
Lelouch's Geass was never shown as going into his mind and shifting things around like it does for everyone else. It never shows him having red eyes.
There were 5 times in the series when lelouch was unsuccesful at geassing anyone. The first time was with Kallen, the second with his history teacher, the third with CC, the fourth with Charles and the final time with god.

In any of these times he used his geass twice on the induvidual or the person possesed a code or were god. According to CC herself, she stated that a person with a certain level of geass would be able to kill the person with the code and take it. THe code alone can represent the power of a god as geass is the power of the king. Gods bestow powers onto kings no? Immortality is also a feature of a god.

THe only time we dont see his geass activate and fly is when he first geasses the gods. Here there is no red line or brain sequence, only the fact that he achieved his matured geass and the world of C obeyed after that. You saw yourself that his attempt did not work until he achieved his matured geass. Cause effect, you should figure it out.

The next time we see him use it is against charles, another "god" to say. Here we see the same thing, no flight no brain sequence but immidiate action after the command given.

Now if you werent so feeble minded perhaps you could find a connection between the two cases. But no, just ignore it and tell me im grasping for straws.

Quote:
I'm sorry? How does this prove that the insignia is not present unless the Code is activated? Where do you find proof for this as being canon fact?
Show me canon evidence that it is not. Do it.

Quote:
I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're trying to say here. Are you agreeing with me? Yes, CC could have been tricked into participating in some sort of ritual to take the Code? Yes, there is more to passing on the Code than just touching one’s bare skin (after all, if that was all that was required, she would have given it to Mao a long time ago)?

Or, heck, what Morbos said. That's a perfectly valid explanation too.
There is probably more to taking the code than to touching the skin. I know that. But CC probably could have given it to Mao but she is not that kind of person. She easily shows this by her will to get away from the emperor and not complete the ragnarok junction. She seems cold as if she had lost all humanity but deep down she cares for induviduals. Mao was phycotic but when he got shot she felt sorrow for him. When she was fighting Kallen she said she wanted to end the war, to "end this experience." More than meets the eye.

Quote:
How does Nunnally know when Ms. Romeyer or Suzaku are lying or telling the truth? Who knows? Not because they have Codes, certainly. Just because they showed it in a flashback sequence to show that she understood Lelouch’s true nature, it doesn’t mean she literally saw it. Kallen was not literally looking at what happened in the cave when she thought back to it in Turn 2. Lelouch was not literally seeing CC’s memories of Mao when she described her past to him. It is a story-telling technique that does not have to be taken literally.
For that first sentence, the answer is simple, she can work as a simple lie detector by holding their hand and feeling their pulse. If the person feels guilty enough they wont hold her hand just like suzaku did. "i cant lie to Nunnally!"

Sure. So youre telling me that she merely felt his name, felt his pulse and immediately knew the entire truth? Umm, sure, his blood was slowing down because he was dying...No, she definately saw it, she had the same reacting as lelouch had when he touched someone who's code was active.

THen to add to it even more, she knew his intentions even before he said " i destory world and recre-"

The difference between them is that they were not touching the induvidual. There is a huge difference. Quit trying to deny the fact that if nunnally saw it through lelouch. She obviously didnt grow super powers or not see it and knew by reading his pulse. He did not tell her a story either.

Quote:
Nunnally seeing his memories is about the only plausible position from which you could have argued, and even that's been shot down by the staff.
What is wrong with what i interpreted? It is what you typed.

Nunnally seeing his memories is about the only plausible position from which you could have argued, and even that's[nunnally seeing his memories] been shot down by the staff.

Your fault.

Quote:
Or the head could survive and grow a new body. See, one line and your argument means nothing.
You sure can think of every possible way to prove me wrong cant you. But, if you head is detached from your body im sure your head is dead as you body because it no longer functions. The brain needs blood to work and it wont be getting any. So your still dead.\

Quote:
Please don't tell me you're likening that lame conspiracy to a television show. I've already disproven your official website, so try again.
You havent proven nothing. You still fail to give me an Official website and you still fail to give me any true proof on why not to believe it. THey're just being lazy is a real good excuse.

Quote:
That was what you want it to be, not what it was.
Well then please why dont you provide another "event" that couldve occured? Perhaps they were going to high five.

now im going to skip everything else because you merely repeat yourself.

All you can say is that any proof that i may bring up is not proof at all. You find some way to bend the reasoning to your likening.

You too know all too well that geass.jp is the true official site but because it still list lelouch alive you deny it saying it hasnt been updated since turn 18? Well it has been updated since turn 18 because nunnally "died" in ep 19. After that episode she was not brought back to life on the correlation chart until ep 22 when she was shown to be alive and was marked with the survived.

Then that "promo" poster. It was only for promo wasnt it? To bring in a whole lot of money. BUt the thing is, they never created another one for him being dead. Only him being alive. WHy would they turn away from your ending? They wouldnt they would milk that too wouldnt they, but they didnt.

Plus sure you can say that the clothes are nothing alike, but you deep down know that they are. You see the pants and the white sure and you can just sense the possibility. BUt no, he had a vest on. LMFAO he obviously took it off. Also for a promo poster it doesnt have any writing on it. Just a big picture worth a gatrillion words.

Then if nunnally never developed super powers then that only leaves the option of lelouch having the code. And im pretty sure in half and instant she could read all his true intentions. That even knocks that possibility out. So it lelouch must be alive no? Please find proof for this or forever hold you peace. And please do not use geass-net because I will laugh at you.

You're smart, you change your reason to adapt and beat mine while i still stick to what ever i say. But people who constantly change their story and have tons of holes in it cant be trusted. It it doesnt add up then i obviously doesnt work.
zongetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 12:19   Link #4370
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Maybe if I weren't so feeble minded, I could understand why your theory is 'THE TRUTH' and everyone MUST see it is DEFINITELY canon, right? Of course, if you weren't so stuck up and arrogant about what you think is the definite canon despite all reasoning and evidence iven to the contrary, you might realize why it is perfectly logical for us to not accept your theory as correct. Keep it in the head canon. Go ahead and believe it if you want, but don't try and claim that anyone who doesn't think it's canon just "CAN'T SEE THE TRUUUUTH"

Sure, some of your ideas cannot be proven to be incorrect (regarding the Code and passage of the Code). But they also cannot be conclusively proven to be correct, and because of that there is no reason for anyone to have to think what you're saying is right.

We have given you the facts, the staff words, everything. You choose to ignore it in favour of your theory. Okay, fine. Don't expect us to.
Old 2009-07-05, 12:29   Link #4371
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
And Guilford. He survived a FLEIJA and he doesn't even warrant plot armor.
Oh yes, that was bullshit as well.

It's only acceptable for majorly hot-blooded and hammy characters to come back from something that would kill less cheesy ordinary mortals. Orange-kun is exempt due to this rule and so are both Team Patrick and GraHAM Aker from Gundam00. Their improbable survival isn't a wallbanger, its just funny.
Old 2009-07-05, 12:43   Link #4372
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
even with jeremia you at least have a PERFECTLY GOOD REASON why he survived
he specificlly MENTIONS the ejection block triggering, and you specificlly SEE it launching off
and you later see him walking around, badly injured
he is shown to survive, and it is show HOW he survived
this is NOT the case with gillford, cornelia or suzaku while were at it

i can accept it for Team Patrick because its basiclly just a running gag focused around a joke character who isnt importent anyway
but around suzaku... rule of cool only covers so far
and gillford just negated his own awesome self sacrifice moment for absolutely no reason (he didnt even DO anything)
Old 2009-07-05, 23:33   Link #4373
elite.s0ldier

Lelouch is alive, get over it already. Just cause you wanted him to die.. FFS. and yes i am talking to you Bladeofdarkness
elite.s0ldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 23:38   Link #4374
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elite.s0ldier View Post
Lelouch is alive, get over it already. Just cause you wanted him to die.. FFS. and yes i am talking to you Bladeofdarkness
Einstein's Theory of Common Sense

Creators said he's dead + Lelouch dying on show >>>> You + Circumstantial evidence at best (I'm being very generous) + Wishful thinking
Old 2009-07-05, 23:48   Link #4375
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Quote:
*can't stop laughing*

Oh, the irony, the irony.
Old 2009-07-05, 23:53   Link #4376
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdevil_crow View Post
*can't stop laughing*

Oh, the irony, the irony.

Old 2009-07-05, 23:54   Link #4377
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
All right, I really didn't want to enter this conversation, because I think it's an exercise in futility to try to convince people who refuse to listen to reason. But to everyone who believes this notion that Lelouch is still alive and insists that it is the absolute truth, I think I speak for everyone when I say...

Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 03:20   Link #4378
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
i'd respond about the "he's alive" part
but nobodyman9 said it best i think

as for the "Just cause you wanted him to die" part
maybe this is a point that i need to clarify my position on
i didnt WANT him to die usually, he used to be my favorite character up till the final arc
but after he started acting like a total douchebag, i found it extremely hard to like him anymore
you see, lelouch had always been walking the line between anti-hero and "well intentioned extremist" type villain protagonist
and in some cases he even crossed over for a short while (stage 13, turn, 14, etc)

but in the final arc, he was completely in the villain corner
he may have still been the focus character, but he was a complete villain protagonist at that stage
his motives were those of a well intentioned extremist villain, committing necessary acts of evil to bring about world peace (the same of could be said about shnizel, and for that matter, charles)
and his ACTIONS were those of a complete monster (massive mind rape, using children as human shields, using his own troops as canon fodder, etc)
and the key point was that THERE WAS NOTHING HEROIC ABOUT HIM WHATSOEVER at that stage of the show
i other words, there was nothing to LIKE about him, other then "he has an awesome hat" or "he's so hot"
until the final episode, at which point, he was heroic again because it was shown that he had planned, from the start, to pay for his crimes with his own life
remove the sacrifice of his life, and you also remove the only heroic act he preforms during the entire final arc

Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 2009-07-06 at 03:48.
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 03:23   Link #4379
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
I would insert "Kalulu" instead of Lelouch there, that would work, with the change of some other words too. 8D
But nope, Lelouch is not alive for a million reasons. One of them, was being shown in the series and another, was stated from the creators. Then again, this will go to waste probably, but ah.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 15:11   Link #4380
elite.s0ldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
i'd respond about the "he's alive" part
but nobodyman9 said it best i think

as for the "Just cause you wanted him to die" part
maybe this is a point that i need to clarify my position on
i didnt WANT him to die usually, he used to be my favorite character up till the final arc
but after he started acting like a total douchebag, i found it extremely hard to like him anymore
you see, lelouch had always been walking the line between anti-hero and "well intentioned extremist" type villain protagonist
and in some cases he even crossed over for a short while (stage 13, turn, 14, etc)

but in the final arc, he was completely in the villain corner
he may have still been the focus character, but he was a complete villain protagonist at that stage
his motives were those of a well intentioned extremist villain, committing necessary acts of evil to bring about world peace (the same of could be said about shnizel, and for that matter, charles)
and his ACTIONS were those of a complete monster (massive mind rape, using children as human shields, using his own troops as canon fodder, etc)
and the key point was that THERE WAS NOTHING HEROIC ABOUT HIM WHATSOEVER at that stage of the show
i other words, there was nothing to LIKE about him, other then "he has an awesome hat" or "he's so hot"
until the final episode, at which point, he was heroic again because it was shown that he had planned, from the start, to pay for his crimes with his own life
remove the sacrifice of his life, and you also remove the only heroic act he preforms during the entire final arc
I understand what you mean, but i want to believe what i want to believe. And i believe he was with c.c. at the end. So, you can take that 'creators said this' crap out of here. Because i don't care what they say.

Anyways, there are many reasons onto why he could be alive too, but i don't want to bother cause i know your right about what you said...
elite.s0ldier is offline   Reply With Quote